Old 25th March 2004, 17:35   #1
Winamp Pro and trouble burning mp3's

Sorry for what might be a dumb question. I've looked at the forums and I haven't seen anyone with this problem.

When I rip one audio cd with Winamp Pro with the Mp3 setting selected, everything goes smoothly. At the top the estimated file size is 48mb and that's what it turns out to be.

Then when I go to burn this file the song titles and everything are there but at the top the estimated time for the finished CD is 57 minutes (I mean finshed playing time not burning time). Doesn't sound like an Mp3 and sure enough when I put it into an Mp3 car deck or others it appears with no titles or artists and appears to be a .wav file although I can't verify this for sure. So it seems the burner doesn't recognize this file as Mp3 even though it has to be (48mb). I have tried different settings (I'm not really new to this) but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Dell 2.66ghz, 512 sdram, XP Pro, Creative Labs 5.1

I have also ripped with CDex and I know that is Mp3 and the same thing happens when I try to burn with Winamp. I can burn either (CDex or Winamp Pro rips) in Roxio Easy CD and get Mp3 cd's. I really don't like Roxio and I love Winamp.
trad1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support