Old 2nd August 2008, 00:45   #1
Nitorami
Major Dude

My complete collection

Hi all

Finally back - zipped all my handcrafted presets together, including the old ones, those scattered over various other threads, and quite a number of new ones.

Some are available in ps2 and ps3. The ps3 versions generally look a little bit better, so if they run smoothly on your machine, you may delete the ps2 versions.

Enjoy
Martin
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin2.zip (159.3 KB, 8468 views)
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:30   #2
Stahlregen

Heh, you fixed the Ati issues in "violet flash" - nice.

Using frac(uv) fixes a lot of the other texture wrapping issues with Ati cards, too.

Other than that... AWESOME STUFF!!!111oneone...
You're a wizard with shaders.

I especially like the Disco mixes. =)

I wish the PS3 presets worked with my video card, because from what I've seen on my buddy's PC, they're awesome, too.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ati fixed.rar (15.6 KB, 2006 views)
Stahlregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:29   #3
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
aah too pity that i can't watch your PS3 stuff on my pc either

my favorites are the 'fruit machine' and 'no religion'
nice work

and it's only fair to say that i should take a closer look at mirroring water effect - that's just amazing!
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:51   #4
Nitorami
Major Dude

Evening mood

When watching the film "Crocodile Dundee" recently, a beautiful landscape scene caught my attention, and I tried to create something like this in milkdrop. Here's the result. It is another very smooth preset.

For all those who cannot run ps3 files, I attached two screen shots, plus the original scene from the movie that inspired me. If ps3 works for you, you don't need these files of course.

@Flexi: The mirroring water effect is actually a fake, physically it's got not much to do with reflection. But since the background is symmetric around the mirror line, it comes convincingly close. I did not bother to think about a true reflection algorithm yet.

@Stahlregen: Thanks for ATI fixing these files. Since I am too lazy to type tex2D(frac(sampler_main,uv)) instead of GetPixel(uv), it might be a good idea to write a small script which fixes this problem automatically for all milk files in a directory... maybe I get around to write this some time.
P.S. Some more disco mixes coming soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sunset.zip (189.5 KB, 2883 views)
Old 25th August 2008, 21:34   #5
Stahlregen

It's about time for me to buy a new computer, I think.

Anyway, just frac(uv) instead of uv will do the trick whenever you want some wrap effect - e.g. GetPixel(frac(uv)).
There's also "1.0 - abs( frac( uv * 0.5 ) * 2.0 - 1.0 )" instead of uv (Eo.S' mirror code) which will produce a mirrored wrap.
Old 26th August 2008, 03:47   #6
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

@martin: you can easily avoid the tex-wrap-issues when you only use the _fc_ samplers. the blur textures don't support texture wrap in general as far as i noticed.

i will have a look at your new work, but now it's definitely bedtime for me
Old 26th August 2008, 20:42   #7
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

wow, the screenshots are breathtaking.

but being limited by 64 ops is also challenging

great work!
Old 27th August 2008, 12:09   #8
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

while going through some older threads i found this one: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=284599 , got inspiration from that?
Old 29th August 2008, 15:08   #9
HappyThug

Nitorami:

You make the best presets evvveeeer. Its too bad you don't have more. You are even better the Guies, of course there are some other people's presets I enjoy, but yours are the best, youare a genius at this, keep pounden em out bro!~
HappyThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 09:14   #10
zerowaitstate

Re: My complete collection

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitorami
Hi all

Finally back - zipped all my handcrafted presets together, including the old ones, those scattered over various other threads, and quite a number of new ones.

Some are available in ps2 and ps3. The ps3 versions generally look a little bit better, so if they run smoothly on your machine, you may delete the ps2 versions.

Enjoy
Martin
Wow !

This is totally amazing stuff, we thought we had some potential skillz with Milk drops, but you have set us straight. We were planning to make some submission for the competition but we can’t see the point any more. Your presets are Diabolically Awesome.

You’re a legend as are all the other coders who supply us with too mash.

Any mash based off your material, will defiantly have your reference in the name, We Will be looking out for your stuff from now on.

PS how did you get birds to fly?
zerowaitstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 16:50   #11
Nitorami
Major Dude

@Stahlregen: Ok. I'll try to remember using GetPixel(frac(uv)) if that does the trick on ATI cards.

@Flexi: I must admit I am too lazy to look at all presets posted in the forum, that's also why I rarely comment on other's work. Must apologize, but when I come home from my job, I just want to turn on the music and get on with my stuff.
Actually some of the presets you linked to do look familiar, there is a hint of the mirror effect and I also find pretty tubes theme there, but don't think I used them for inspiration. My inspiration mostly comes from mashing up my own code fragments, sometimes also just from watching something beautiful like trees, and insofar I think you work far more analytical than I do, thinking of your complex number issues and Julia/Mandelbrot presets. To me, the one thing that really required analytical work was the trees code... that was difficult. Most of the rest is playing around, occasionally discovering a surprise and then do fine tuning on it. Quite time consuming, though, and I wish I could be faster.
Thanks for the tip with the _fc_ sampler, but how can I use this with GetBlur, which only takes the coordinates as single parameter ? Is there a way to use GetBlur(sampler_fc_main, uv) ??

@zerowaitstate: If you consider the work of others as better than yours, why don't you take it as challenge rather than as discouragement ! We need more aouthors to keep things flowing.

PS: the birds are done entirely within a wave equation, and not very good but sufficient considering their small size in comparison to the rest of the scenery. That was easy. The truly difficult issues were the trees, which caused me quite some headache. I still think they could be improved, but then got a number of other presets that need to be finished ... just haven't got enough time.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:55   #12
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

and I must admit i spread my presets piece by piece in about 10 different threads at once.
guess it's getting time for a bundle with all those stuff from the last weeks. (but i rather find me more often putting out new presets)

frac(uv) does the job on any sampler, i just use the _fc_'s wherever i can just for not to forget this wrapping issue.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:22   #13
Nitorami
Major Dude

More sore eyes

See attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin3.zip (57.8 KB, 2243 views)
Old 6th September 2008, 03:56   #14
zerowaitstate

Martin i would be suprised if i dont see your files included in the the next release of the mildrops distribution with winamm, really quite amazing!
zerowaitstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 10:07   #15
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

great presets again.
btw: here's the selection as i sent it to Benski one week ago.
martin, you've been somehow shy with rating your presets, i have corrected that for you

i don't know what happened - i've got the same effect as with the PS3 presets on your 'glassball dance', and that while i have PS3 presets disabled. smells like a bug...
Old 7th September 2008, 18:50   #16
Nitorami
Major Dude

rogue waves

Something I just finished
The only difference between the ps2 and ps3 version are the stars in the sky, which add a little bit of atmosphere but are not absolutely needed

Martin
Attached Files
File Type: zip rogue_wave.zip (6.8 KB, 1826 views)
Old 9th September 2008, 12:16   #17
kiamo

sweet stuff...

dude im soooo impressed particularly by moonlight splash!!!

Just started learning about all this and it really is one thats inspiring me to keep learning how to make my own.

thanks for the preset!
kiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 17:06   #18
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thanks for the compliments, and hope you keep it up - it's not rocket science after all. Have met other visitors here keen to learn about milkdrop programming but then never heard of them again...
Old 11th September 2008, 21:37   #19
Stahlregen

w00t! Finally I can enjoy all of your presets - I bought a new computer, and now I have PS3.0 support - and no more Ati bugs.

So, I just wanted to drop by and tell you, once again, how awesome these presets are.
Old 26th September 2008, 00:00   #20
Nitorami
Major Dude

Tunnel race

Only one new preset, which however was a LOT of work. No way to squeeze it into 64 instruction, you will need ps3 capabilities at least. Sorry for all those with a shader 2 card only.

Martin
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - tunnel race.milk (15.2 KB, 1574 views)
Old 28th September 2008, 20:07   #21
27_super_goats

I think it was well worth it Martin - awesome preset!
27_super_goats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 20:53   #22
Nitorami
Major Dude

Night cathedral

The night cathedral is open. Welcome everybody.
Step in and take as much time as you like to watch the frescoes. Please use adequate mucic only - sacral, trance, gospel or similar preferred. You may consider to use fullscreen mode and to activate scroll-lock to prevent accidental interference.

Shader model 3 required.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - night cathedral.milk (15.5 KB, 1529 views)

Last edited by Nitorami; 1st October 2008 at 22:53.
Old 2nd October 2008, 09:17   #23
Phat
Major Dude

I like a decent amount of this. Good job.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 18:36   #24
Nitorami
Major Dude

milkdrop butterflies

As the name implies.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - butterflies.milk (10.8 KB, 1407 views)
Old 6th October 2008, 03:54   #25
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
WELL WELL WELL! (I say in a cinically sarcastic voice)....If it isn't the new HOT SHOT...Nitorami! Or should I say....MARTIN!??!???? ("huffs") The new big shot.....big super star of the Milkdrop scene....the one everyone has been talking about......the one that even caught my own attention!

Yes INDEED I say, ....WELL....WELL.........WEELLL!

HAH!-You might think your fooling everyone else, but YOU certainly are NOT foolin' ol' Sherwin Maxawow! OH NOOO... no no no....hahaha! FOOL ME?? HAH No.... hahaha, oh that is funny! (How crazy can an idea be??!??)
I happen to be a bit more "keen" than the average chimpanzee from Earth, Nitorami! - Yes....that is CORRECT, I am from EARTH! YOU know, its the planet you first stepped foot on---- when you walked out of your SPACE SHIP!" AAHHAAA- the "veil" suddenly lifts, and "lights" turn ON! The once hidden truth, has now been made clear as day!! (hehehe)

OH--- Feeling a little "EXPOSED" Are WE, Nitorami?!!!??? ARE WE?? Oh no! Are we.. ummm... feeling.. just a little bit.....EXPOSED??!!!!??? Hmmmm????! (LAUGHING sarcastically) - I certainly would be, If I were YOU! Haha!

Oh my, and what a "clever name" you chose for yourself, Mr. Martin-------Or should say "MARTIAN"!!!?? Games up. You aint fooling anyone anymore! Because of Sherwin Maxawow, the name your gonna remember and wish to GOD you never ever heard of!
But then again, we could just be friends. But I just need to learn to trust you, that's all! I just find it hard to trust people from Mars! But it just takes time, and so no biggie.

But I am gonna tell people your from MARS, and so you might as well just surrender and give up the secret, cuz its not so secret anymore.....or is this a PM post??
I really think people on earth deserve to know the truth! I think people are tired of the "cover-up" BS.. and I think you just need to prepare for that! No more games, no more shmames! GAMES SHMAMES.....that is what I say!

You may have fooled the masses, but not the Maxawow! I am just too 'dag-gum' keeeen, and too clever! In fact, I am sometimes too clever for my own good! Honestly its not always easy, being Sherwin Maxawow!- A man who I cannot be fooled by anyone....even people from Mars, Martin. (You martian you!)

Oh but nice presets, by the way! They are not too bad.
Some of them are even good! Perhaps maybe even too good! But that- Nitorami- is something I sure can relate to! Being "too good" n all, at times! I sense that is probably the same kind of delema you are feeling you are in here yourself right now, correct?

But what can beings like you and I do???? (*SIGH*) What on earth (or mars) can beings like us really do? Its just tough--- being the best of the best, of the best. Its a bit lonely too. Sigh.
Oh well.
Ya know, we both may not be from the same planets, but we might have a lot in common you and I. Perhaps we are more alike than we both might have ever first assumed?? Perhaps we are brothers? Perhaps we are both one in the same being, of some crazy jigsaw puzzle called the universal being of God. And you and me, we are like.....you know......a couple of outcasts....renegades. Lone wolves! Ya know?

But STILL..... I STILL HAVE MY "EYE" ON YOU! Dont think I aint gonna be watching YOU! I will be doing just that, and closer than you might feel comfortable with! LIKE A HAWK! So you better just,keep.. just, you better just keep it cool! I mean....NO FUNNY STUFF! Seriously, YOU just better not pull any FUNNY STUFF, at ALL!

If there is one thing Sherwin Maxawow DOES NOT LIKE.........................Its funny stuff! SO you better just watch it! I'm telling YOU, Nitorami!

I can have you sent back on the first busride back to Mars! I can do it just that easy! How easy is "that"? Well...lets just say its easier than you think!

Oh.... AND also.... your "presets" just better not 'contain' any of that, brain washing "hidden message" bull shit! Seriously, don't be trying to brain wash any more earth people! OK?
We are already BRAIN WASHED ENOUGH, thank you very much!

(Oooh, now that that makes me angry!)

(IN a ANGRY VOICE)-- OH WHY.. if you....or if I EVER.....EVER!!.....FIND ANY kind of sneaky subliminal-(martian)-messaging bull crap in any one of your presets!---- So help me GOD! SO HELP ME!-- Then you are gonne have deal with MY OWN subliminal messages..... AND THEY WONT BE SO PRETTY!

But hey...pal, keep up the good work!

Just no funny stuff! That's all.

Anyway, Besides that... welcome to Earth! WE hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited by Sherwin Maxawow; 6th October 2008 at 04:19.
Sherwin Maxawow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 06:55   #26
hexcollie

Send a message via AIM to hexcollie
Quote:
And you and me, we are like.....you know......a couple of outcasts....renegades. Lone wolves! Ya know?
Dare I say..... "Mavericks"?

and some inspiration from an officer of the 2am toke patrol...
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTc9-SMKX4
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=mi4vod62nb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_O-EBjVrk
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/789493...tch_it_til_th/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZhSG...eature=related
--------------------------------------------------------------
...all in a deighs werk

^_^ Don't Panic!! ^_^
hexcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 09:11   #27
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

(ccc) is for chaos computer club
(cc) is for creative commons
(c) is for cookie

Don't spoil the mighty mighty Martin, all we want is fresh new presets.
Do you think what i think? Yes, he's the Guru
Old 6th October 2008, 20:40   #28
Nitorami
Major Dude

Well, now that the great SHERWIN MAXAWOW has exposed my secret identity, there's no point in camouflaging any longer. Thanks very much, Sherwin. Now instead of fooling the masses with seemingly harmless and peaceful presets such as butterflies -yawn-, I can as well let loose the truly diabolic issues on the unsuspecting public.

The 2 "hardcore" mixes were inspired by Eo.S.'s sweet and fantastic "progressive hardcore" track. The other ones are more or less spin-offs from experiments I'd like to get rid off.
Attached Files
File Type: zip various mixes.zip (20.8 KB, 1708 views)
Old 8th October 2008, 07:54   #29
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
Ahh yes.... I would have to agree. AND By all means, don't hold back!

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!
Old 11th October 2008, 01:12   #30
Sherwin Maxawow

Nitorami......has the same kind of ring to it as one of the great artists in history. Anyone else agree? Like Picasso, or Da Vinci, Van Goah, and of course who can forget- Nitorami... the great Master of the Milkdrop canvas!

I indeed happen to be a real "art collector" myself!

In fact, I proudly "own" ALL of Nitorami's work! Not just the "prints", but the original DIGITAL canvas art pieces!
THE ORIGINALS-- I proudly own them!
The rest of you all here may only have printed copies............ which are still good! However, they are not THE ORIGINAL Digital masters, oil based!

I am proud to have them all displayed on my 22 inch screen!

Sherwin Maxawow is of course known here by most of you as being primarily the 'Village Idiot" and loony tunes!
Yet I do feel I have a real place in this community, and doesn't every community message board online have at least one "odd-ball" or a village idiot, so to speak?

And could there ever be a better village idiot than I? Could anyone else compete with me, honestly? Can there be more than ONE true 'town odd-ball' or village idiot? I feel proud of who I have found myself as here since 2004.

I only aim to please, and my posts are my Milkdrop presets--- in metaphoric colors!
Maybe I am loony, but my heart is true! Hey--- Heart and ART sound the same! They Rhyme for a reason, perhaps?

By ze' way.... all of you are awesome MD artists!

I could go on forever expressing my admiration specifically for practically every preset author/artist I've ever seen.

I only feel like Nitorami is good for multiple reasons. Like for example-- Perhaps his work and presets can help inspire a whole new level of quality "standards" which everyone else (I imagine) can use and incorporate into their own new presets. You know what I mean?

I am loony---- because of all things I'm being reminded of how "KISS" set the standards for concerts back in the day! (hahaha!) I just had to share that!

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!

Last edited by Sherwin Maxawow; 11th October 2008 at 01:47.
Old 11th October 2008, 01:35   #31
Sherwin Maxawow

By the way, Nitorami.......I hope you dont mind me putting you so HIGH UP on a "pedestal" the way I just did?

I hope you dont feel too special, or something like that.....which I could understand. I am sure you wouldnt want to outshine everyone else too much, and so forgive me if I am going a bit overboard in my compliments towards you.

There are so many good artists. I often sometimes miss some of the more simplistic Geiss originals.

Have you (Nitorami) considered elaborating on presets----specifically new generation presets like geiss's - "Cauldron painterly-4 and 5" which deserved a higher default rating than they had originally in the WA download pack. They were rated a measly 1 or 2 I think.....yet I not only re-rated them to a "5" but I also made several copies of Painterly 4 & 5 just because they are worth it!
Just like I mades multiple copies of most of yours....and many other classic presets from other authors.

I would just like to see more done with "Painterly" especially 4 & 5......because how cool is it to see the musical beats making "shadowed mountains" ?

There are of ccourse so many other presets I could talk about, giving you all my 'two or three cents' worth of opinions and suggestions. But I dont have time for a reply so long that it should be made into a book!

Thanks for all the fresh MILK! Keep the beauty flowing!

------

A NEW (Sherwin Maxawow)THREAD is "COMING SOON!" --- keep an eye out!

Sneak Preview: Sherwin Maxawow, talking all about the future of "digital art", and Milkdrop; Plus- WHY Milkdrop is still the BEST. And much MUCH MORE!

Those comments and much more in the next ISSUE!

Old 30th October 2008, 23:18   #32
Nitorami
Major Dude

Funky illusions

That one was tough, but I think it is finally mature to be published... very shader heavy unfortunately, so you'll need a punchy video card - don't think it's much fun in fullscreen mode on a notebook. My desktop GeForce 7600 is ok for windowed mode, but in fullscreen 1280x1024 I just about manage to get 22fps, which is a fairly rough ride.
Sorry for the loading time - a second or so - which is a nuisance but seems to be required for compilation.

Probably needless to mention but just in case - don't forget to copy the .jpg into your \textures folder.

Martin
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin - funky illusions.zip (25.7 KB, 1633 views)
Old 31st October 2008, 00:06   #33
Phat
Major Dude

I like this, good work
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 07:21   #34
Sherwin Maxawow

BRAVO, Nitorami!

You said this was a bit tough? Is there any easy way you can explain what was tougher about this one?

I only hope that, with all things considered and in all your time and effort you invest making presets for Milkdrop.......that your reward and creative satisfaction is worth it.....and outweighs anything else!

I mean, I just hope you always follow your true heart.....and keep that path clear inside. Not to get to preachy or spiritual.
But your work is truly unique among other preset "ARTISTS"---(an "author" is someone who writes stories in a book)--- and when you mention how this last preset was a bit "tough" to create........I can only wonder what you must mean by that???

Please tell me, (if you would)....do you go into creating a preset having a specific "vision" in mind first? Or an idea of what you want to do, and then set out to to make that basic idea or vision a reality as best as you can on the screen? Or is it more of a play it as you kind of thing?
I just wonder how your creative process works.....especially regarding presets for MD? Is that an OK question to ask you?
Have you analyzed your own creative process in depth?

Its just fascinating to me, as I wonder about it.

------------

PS. Sorry I have not been around much. Lots of stuff on my life's plate right now. But the funny thing is.....I am staying positive in it all! I hope you all are positive too.

Nitorami... I still plan to respond back to your PM, especially because I have some interesting things to share with you that I believe you will really appreciate! So just be patient, please. Its something I want to share with you......and so don't worry. I will write you back, sometime in the near future.

Old 8th November 2008, 18:47   #35
Nitorami
Major Dude

Ben

"tough" means I really struggled with the equations necessary to create the illusion of a fly between buildings, without nuisances getting in your way such as distortions, walls visible that should be hidden, mirrored textures, poor performance etc. I had planned something like this but it was really difficult to implement in milkdrop. Actually I wanted higher complexity, more than two copies of the buildings, but the frame rate would just drop unacceptably.

Milkdrop is based on a flat mesh and not made for 3D - you cannot define small surfaces as in game engines, but need to run through the whole uv-space for each single surface, and mask out what needs to be invisible. In this preset this is done 9 times (8 individual walls, plus the lava ground). Unfortunately the masking makes things even slower rather than faster, because the shaders always seem to run the whole code irrespective of any "if"-conditions or similar. Even the invisible parts will be calculated. I guess this has to do with the hardware structure which makes the calculation power possible in the first place.

I have not really, as you say "analysed my creative process" - sometimes I have an idea or "vision" I'd like to implement, sometimes it's just playing around. The night forest clearly was a vision, funky illusions as well, although the latter could not be done the way I had wished so I had to simplify it. I still needed quite some maths for it, and used a mathematical software to assist me with the matrix calculations.

Then, sometimes, I discover something interesting just by chance. Normally I would then still spend a few hours trying to fine tune it... which is not always a good idea, sometimes I found the next day that the original draft looked better than the one I had put a lot of work into. But then again, all of this is highly subjective, and there are days when I'm staring at the screen and only see annoying patterns which get on my nerves. It just needs to be fun.

And, I am getting bored quickly, which is why I try to make presets of quite different character, and try not to use the same shader too often. The best shader trick will look bland after you've seen a hundred versions of it.

Best
Martin
Old 18th November 2008, 23:43   #36
Saint Goody

I'll agree with you on the differing methods of working.

Personally I tend to just sit there and experiment and refine an effect endlessly also, the difference being that I tend to save and post most of my efforts into the forum - that is when I'm active.

I'm also curious to know what you think of my remixes of your Crystal Palace preset from long ago.

I am the purple heathen.
Saint Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 21:07   #37
Nitorami
Major Dude

Better than the original, I say. However I can only reasonably see it in a small window otherwise the high number of iterations in the comp shader make my video card choke at 10 fps.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:31   #38
Saint Goody

Yeah. Like I said, I usually post them here before they are finished. In this case the finished effect would have been to remove the code for the dots and clean up what isn't used anymore. Having 16 iterations per output frame of code that is only partially used is bogging down parts of them.

The start of those was my desire learn to use the pixel shader code as the primary effect instead of a post effect, and from there I just kept on experimenting. So I've got you to thank for a lot more experiments of my own.

The Iris Bloom remix of it used some of what I've learned since then and I cleaned up the unused code a bit more.

What graphics card & cpu are you making these on?

I am the purple heathen.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:48   #39
Nitorami
Major Dude

Desktop AMD Athlon 3500+ with a Gainward GeForce 7600
Old 22nd November 2008, 19:25   #40
Saint Goody

That's pretty much identical to my system except I'm running a pair of 7600GTs.

I find that I get a full 30fps on Iris Bloom though with SLI disabled. It uses 11 iterations in the composite shader.

...I just noticed something interesting. The FPS change significantly only at specific numbers of iterations. I get 30fps at everything below 16 iterations, but once I hit 17 it drops down to 20. I can raise the number of iterations all the way up to 21 after that and it will stay at 20 fps.

This is with SLi Disabled.

Would you mind taking a look and seeing if it does the same on your system?

I am the purple heathen.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets