Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFq_D36i72o

edit:
oops new page - here's martins latest preset

martin - underwater cathedral.milk

Last edited by Flexi; 1st April 2009 at 23:01.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 17:47   #82
Nitorami
Major Dude

The bridge of Khazad-Dum

Got a bit carried away with this one... Took me the last six weeks. Had to finish now because I ran out of variables
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - the bridge of khazad-dum.milk (18.0 KB, 1170 views)
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 11:29   #83
Amandio C

Very good. Congratulations.
Amandio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 17:10   #84
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

very nice man, the 3D effect on the bottom looks cool.

i did a little mash-up today and i remixed an effect i found in the hardcore mix preset.

Attached Files
File Type: milk raron, martin + flexi - squatting.milk (35.0 KB, 1004 views)
Old 21st June 2009, 21:52   #85
Nitorami
Major Dude

Stormy sea

Combined clouds and water... don't get sick
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - stormy sea.milk (10.6 KB, 1052 views)
Old 23rd June 2009, 03:45   #86
yhscchpcbr

i, last of all, deserve to remark anything on anything. that said, if everyone still wanted to know after all was said by everyone else, i'd probably say, 'martin is a creative genius' or 'why the fuck isn't he working with geiss at micro$oft' or just plain 'someone please destroy my life'

ayahuasca chupacabra
yhscchpcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:07   #87
Nitorami
Major Dude

Well, thanks anyway.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:30   #88
Nitorami
Major Dude

Goa / Psytrance

Something new - these two are very near clones, but change quite considerably over time. I trust they won't bore you for a while.

Tuning took me more than 30 hours, so you'd better bloody well like them. They should work best with rhythmic upbeat GOA, psytrance / techno trance stuff, which is what I used for the movement tuning.
Attached Files
File Type: zip elusive impressions.zip (8.8 KB, 1090 views)
Old 24th August 2009, 14:16   #89
DakarV

Hey man

Could i suggests what i think would be the best preset ever?

well I’m going to anyway to tough

It’s, based on the royal waterfall one. like half of it anyway
You start off on the surface on the water then slowly fall over the edge of an epic waterfall with the water. Maybe an epic arch would be cool or massive chamber at the start/top of water fall, whatever you feel would be best. Then when your falling down lots of crazy colours or whatever you like can be happening in the air reflecting in the water fall. Maybe it would be cool if you fell into darkness to start with, then the lights/whatever started happening. I think it would be cool if you were accelerating for some time but then hit some terminal velocity after a while

Anyway please think about it :P
DakarV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 21:46   #90
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Nitorami:

I just love your presets. Keep on your good work. Especially 'Butterflies' and 'Volcano' are my favorites.

Just sad, that nobody has uploaded MilkDrop presets to Winamp.com yet, since it has it's own category for it.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 15:45   #91
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thank you. I am however not aware of a presets upload function... where is it ?
Old 26th August 2009, 16:22   #92
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

You have to create a Winamp.com account. Then you can submit Milkdrop presets like Skins, Plugins, AVS Presets or Language Packs.

Old 26th August 2009, 19:21   #93
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
submit presets

well tried to submit my collection,
but supports only
Plug-in File (only nsis .exe or .wlz files accepted)

...do i have to create an installer for the presets?
i asked here,

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309905[/url]

for uploading the presets to some kind of cvs, so the editing
would be very much easier, but got no response....

why are my links not visible?

regards ravermeister
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 15:14   #94
Nitorami
Major Dude

Re: submit presets

Quote:
Originally posted by ravermeister
well tried to submit my collection,
but supports only Plug-in File (only nsis .exe or .wlz files accepted)

...do i have to create an installer for the presets?
i asked here,

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309905[/url]

but got no response....
Imagine my surprise.

Quote:
why are my links not visible?
Your links may be blocked because you are a junior member. You may have to make a number of postings before you are trusted not to be a spammer.

On the upload function: If uploading presets does not work, it is pointless to get registered for winamp.

@Koopa: Any idea? Does it actually work or not ?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:49   #95
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
You will need to compile your pack of a milkdrop presets.

For the user they will need an installer so they know where the presets are to be installed.

You can use the NSIS installer or zip files for example. My old site www.mildkrop.co.uk uses NSIS files for the milkdrop presets packs.
Would it be helpful if I found the NSIS scripts for creating packs?
(NSIS is useful as it can be configured to auto detect the winamp/milkdrop path and therefore auto install to the correct folder)

There is no repository system for this. They are static files. Do the milkdrop presets really change that much now? Surely you will make a new remixed version of the preset not re-edit the old ones?

I suppose we may need a reviewer of these preset packs too?

Anyone want to offer to do this? Frankly I do not have time anymore.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2009, 16:14   #96
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Wasn't sure about it, so I tried it, Rovastar is right,the system just accepts .exe, wsz, .wal and .wlz files.

You need to include them in an installer. I could help you guys with creating an installer. If anyone needs help, just let me know. At least, there is an own MilkDrop section.

Reviewing MilkDrop presets sounds interesting, but I'm not sure, if I could write reviews every week.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:26   #97
Nitorami
Major Dude

Hey! Moderator! I am suitably impressed!

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I guess it would be useful to have the NSIS installer if it has the autodetect feature, otherwise clueless users might install their packages effectively to nil.

On the presets: There are quite a number of fresh presets as well as many remixes of old ones. They normally only linger in the forum unless someone compiles a pack and lets it loose on the unsuspecting public, .e.g. as Flexi did (on request) for the last winamp release.

I certainly recommend a review if the pack is to be distributed with winamp. Things may be different for files only residing in the download section, where users can decide whether they want it or not.

I got a full time job and apart from that spend quite a lot of time to produce new visuals, and therefore frankly will not review thousands of presets. Shouldn't there be anyone inside winamp to do this job ? I mean, they get the presets for free in the first place, and maybe should spend a minimum of effort at least for review and quality check ?

@Koopa: I think review does not mean to write essays but rather basic quality checks - is it new, does it work on ATI and nvidia cards, is it reasonably efficient or does it use up too much CPU/GPU power, effectively choking older machines etc.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:37   #98
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The main review stuff is just an objectiv review from a single person. Take a look at the staff reviews of AVS presets.

E.g.
Quote:
nice vis presets Another pack of nice presets from VISBOT.Keep up the good work.
Sure if a reviewer finds glitches or bugs, or peformance issues in a plug-in, he will write about it in the review too.

I doubt that any reviewer could find the time to check a few hundred presets on different machines

If I can remember, reviews were almost done by private people like Wally or Rovastar and not by AOL. Or am I wrong?

If you don't want a selfmade script, you could take a look at PimpBot, which offers a grafic user interface:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/PimpBot

Last edited by Koopa; 27th August 2009 at 17:22.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:43   #99
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
For the review system for plugins and skins and AVS presets packs (and now milkdrop packs)on winamp.com is just reviewed not by the winamp/nullsoft/aol staff but by the review team.

The review team is memebers of this community like me and you. It always has been a community thing.

I remember I helped setup up an initial AVS group many years ago now and got a few regular members of the AVS community who wanted to help out.

Personally I think it is best people that know about Milkdrop who would write the reviews. They know what has been done before, what are ground breaking effects, etc.

What do the AOL staff know?

Also they will not be thousands of packs I imagine most you will have seen before here in this forum with the regular members that write stuff. So there will be a 1 or 2 a month, maybe, of packs of say 10 presets.

I doubt they will have bugs, etc and I wouldn't expect them to check on multiple machines. The reviews are very basic. Is it good artistically or technically new effects not reusing old ones in a mashup)? Will about cover it. Imagine you had to write a couple of lines about someones group of presets on this forum what would you say and give it a score out of 5. It is not really a technially review.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 04:46   #100
yhscchpcbr

i finally got a chance to look at elus impr and it seems martin has created a visualizer within a visualizer. there is definitely an unprecedented lack of repetition in these. i will have to explore. (all while listening to my own (ominlegion) purposely repetitive song "aell pleaether" - an omage to "umbah" and "all leather")

ayahuasca chupacabra
yhscchpcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 17:17   #101
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
NSIS Preset Pack installer

Hi,
according to Koopa's post above,
i created an NSIS installer for Milkdrop Presets/Textures.
it gets winamp dir from the regkey:

and copys the textures and presets under Plugins/Milkdrop2
folder.
an uninstaller is provided too.

currently, u can't specify winamp install dir, but will add that as soon as possible
but hope it will be useful anyway.

by the way i am registered to winamp.com, but when i try
to upload the installer as milkdrop plugin, it starts, but never finishes to upload. size is about 45MB, maybe script timeout? are there other ways to upload the plugin to this site?

for now, i created an sourceforge project. available here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mdpresetpack/
https: // sourceforge.net/projects/mdpresetpack/

bye for now, and keep uploading presets
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:11   #102
Tripgnosis001

OH EM GEE

Martin you are a genius.

I've been scouring this forum for a few days now downloading all these custom presets, and I still haven't actually looked at all of the ones I've got - there's just soooo many. But I was randomly trying out the ones I got from this thread and my jaw just kept dropping.

A night in the forest is beautiful.
No Religion is awesome.
The Beast is particularly creepy... writhing tentacles and flowing water - very lovecraftian.

There was another that I'm pretty sure came from this thread, but it went away before I had a chance to see what it was called. It looked similar to A Night in the Forest - 2 or 3 layers of shadowed trees in the foreground, and 3d looking reflective water in the background and it had some lighting that made me think it was a sunset....just goin by memory here still haven't found out which one it was.......

By far, my favourite preset is Attack of the Beast. Was listening to Coil (Creepy/Ambient/Abstract/Industrial), and that preset loaded. It was the best thing ever. Exactly the kinda stuff I love. I'd like to thank you for being so awesome. Guess I just did....
Tripgnosis001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 20:28   #103
Tripgnosis001

found it

Sunset over the river.....how?.......just... wow

The fact that you guys can come up with such awesome looking stuff, and it's all done mathematically - I find that uniquely impressive. I'll just stick to mashing.....
Tripgnosis001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 20:24   #104
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thanks very much

You should like my next one, which introduces a reasonable solution to the reverse projection problem imposed by milkdrop, by iteration, allowing for more plastical three-dimensional surfaces, demonstrated on the lava planet - just see the screenshot. Will take me a while to finish, I still struggle with the illumination, and have not even touched the movement equations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clipboard03.jpg (22.5 KB, 868 views)
Old 1st October 2009, 22:40   #105
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

ravermeister:

That's nice, if you need further help with the installer script, just let me know and I'll help you.

Nitorami:

The image is looking promising.
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:56   #106
RLP

I have to say Nitorami, I like your presets. I mostly like your axon3 preset, but where is it in this thread? that preset is TRIPPY when I turn on a sprite (especially my collection of ****** pics/textures/sprites)
My FX 5200 can't handle it but I ran it on my school comp which has an ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO. I bet if an HD2400 PRO can do this, then an 8400 GS or a 9400 GT can do this on PCI I bet.

HELLO BOYS!!! I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:01   #107
RLP

Sorry for DP, but here's a mashup

HELLO BOYS!!! I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 18:37   #108
Nitorami
Major Dude

Lava Planet

Finally. You'll need a beefy video card to see that. Hope it works properly with your card, I stumbled across quite a number of compiler bugs, mainly float1 to float3 conversion... took me a while to find out what the problem was.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - adrift on a dead planet.milk (18.4 KB, 906 views)
Old 24th October 2009, 17:29   #109
Nitorami
Major Dude

Unprecedented realism

This is a very quiet and atmospheric one. Please try it out using silent music only, with a touch of sadness or solemnity ... slow strings or something. I made it mainly with Dune's Who wants to live forever, and Tina Turner singing Golden Eye. Don't spoil your experience using it with techno rhythms or something.

Turn the light off and experience a new level of realism in milkdrop while peacefully floating along the skeleton of the long forgotten cathedral.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - autumn melancholy.milk (16.0 KB, 911 views)

Last edited by Nitorami; 24th October 2009 at 19:38.
Old 25th October 2009, 17:51   #110
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

pity, i can't watch your adrift on a dead planet preset on my Radeon HD. firstly i had to manually edit the preset file to shader version 3, then i got an error that the preset is demanding too much registers. Actually I'm at a friends home (They're playing the Magic card game right behind my back - just another parallel universe, i tell you. But that's another story ). The great benefit is: He has got a beefy Invidia card and i could watch it for the first time - man, that's some impressive kungfu! same for the autumn melancholy, I'm still stunned by the shadow drop and the natural plastic look. I hardly crave for words: Nice job!

As for me i find image based rendering is the holy grail!
Old 26th October 2009, 08:45   #111
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thanks for telling me. Sorry I overcomplicated the dead planet thing. I got carried away with the profiled 3D trick and packed more and more features into it. It takes ages to compile on my GeForce 7600, which already should have told me it will be unusable as a preset. Apart from that I am not too happy with it either, because I could not decide whether it should be just eyecandy, showing off the nice lava texture, or rather take you to a trippy ride over the planet, in which case the delicate textures would be wasted. In the end, it came out as something in the middle.
Anyway, for all who'd like to see it, here is a lighter version which should not require the highest shader version.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - adrift on a dead planet - lite.milk (18.0 KB, 858 views)
Old 26th October 2009, 13:57   #112
Amandio C

The preset is remarkable. It takes about 5 seconds to load, and runs at 80 fps on my pc. Great job!
Old 30th October 2009, 10:20   #113
rce12

Send a message via Yahoo to rce12
man, adrift on a dead planet (lite and original) loads about 15 seconds. and it runs approx 17-18 fps. my spec. is itel graphics and t5750. but, it sounds great and realistic
rce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:27   #114
fed0r

Send a message via ICQ to fed0r
That's very great, dude! That awesome 3D surface is too realistic for MD. I wonder how long did it take you to come up with that kind of code. However, i didn't actually understand a single line of deorm shader code. Could you please post a brief explanation or a bit of theory? That would be alotta fun to try making 3D images by myself. Thx.
fed0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:24   #115
Nitorami
Major Dude

fed0r,

I had already started working on the theory of the simple task to draw a flat 3D area in milkdrop, but I need drawings etc. to explain it. This is real time consuming work, and then I'm not sure if anybody is really interested, so I did not complete it so far. I also thought about providing a simple comp shader template for everone to produce their own 3D mashups without the need to understand the details, but it will need a bit of explanation as well, and I haven't yet got round to it either.
I don't want to waste my time - I'm happy to explain the 3D issues but only if you are really seriously interested.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:28   #116
Amandio C

Hello. Isn't what this is all about - discovery. I'm seriously interested.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:49   #117
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

It would be cool if you could split it up: one preset for each effect. the 3D terrain is awesome and I AM seriously interested! A template would be just great!
Today i received my new 26" 1920x1200 screen, and what can i say... it's huge... hehe.
Actually I'm working on an idea with my bouncing squares (and it will stay flat again), but be sure i will take a closer look at your 3D terrain soon.

OT: A friend of mine is working on a Demosaicing tool for huge images (10 Mega Pixel+) and he is using a CUDA implementation. He says it must be easy to port it to OpenCL and then he would be glad to send me the code. What i have seen so far, is quite near to Milkdrop's shader functionality - but on a low level and still without animation.
...Something emerges in Rostock, but I don't find the time. And within the next few weeks i will also have to start with my diploma thesis. So go on producing such nifty fragments.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:30   #118
Nitorami
Major Dude

milkdrop 3D and surface profiling tutorial

Here is a brief description of the 3D profiling effect including a simple code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip milkdrop 3d.zip (133.1 KB, 1117 views)
Old 4th November 2009, 19:13   #119
Amandio C

Thanks for the quick response. Cheers
Old 9th December 2009, 18:17   #120
Nitorami
Major Dude

Simple work, inspired by magnetosphere

Last edited by Nitorami; 9th December 2009 at 19:56.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets