Old 8th December 2016, 22:25   #321
hakanh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
Nice video, thanks for sharing !
And here is version 3.

Edit: Koz Myk, I note that you made quite a lot of milkdrop videos on youtube. They would be easier to find if you added a few keywords !
I downloaded and tried, it is WONDERFUL This is a legendary in milkdrop history.
Also, will the fourth version come? I wonder.
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 22:33   #322
Fumbling_Foo

Mystifying, yet another preset worth extended viewing, martin. I love especially your 3d works like this one .

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 00:33   #323
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quite impressive, never dissapointing! XD
Do you mind if I start uploading your (newer) presets on DeviantArt? I have an account specifically made to promote Winamp stuff which is not mine (http://winampers-pro.deviantart.com/), and your presets really deserve that extra bit of attention (not that DA will boost it too much, but is certainly better than buried up here..).
Just tell me where you want to point the downloads (can be linked here so you'll have a unified download number or upload a separate file there) and online info you prefer to be published, and I'll handle the rest.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 13:29   #324
xmuzack

Genius work of art! I made a link to your glassworks 3 preset here to the reddit winamp page. Hope you don't mind. https://www.reddit.com/r/winamp/comm...winamp_martin/

It blows my mind that glassworks 1, 2 and 3 isn't in a 3D space. I have a background in CAD and can only think in X,Y,Z coordinates. The fact that this is all math equations, does not compute captain. The way the camera moves, the reflections, and how the glass seem alive, is amazing. Thank you for all you do!
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 15:35   #325
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I will try it this weekend.

Today I wanted to make some more postings, but again I am called away now. And I had decided to open my new thread "Some own ideas of presets without their required textures" and upload Suggestions.zip... but maybe today it will not be possible for me anymore...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 01:04   #326
Kozmyk

Quote:
Nice video, thanks for sharing !
And here is version 3.

Edit: Koz Myk, I note that you made quite a lot of milkdrop videos on youtube. They would be easier to find if you added a few keywords !
All the vids on the account are milkdrop presets with chillout or psychill tunes paying in Winamp. Unfortunately, I did not turn on the song title and vis preset title for many I did when I started, to give proper credit.

What other keywords/tags should I use? I now always add Winamp, Milkdrop and Visualization in the tag list when I upload. It took me a while to figure this out. What other tags should I add? Maybe I should be adding all these tags to the video description field too?
Kozmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 15:30   #327
Nitorami
Major Dude

Hi all
glad you like it.

@Victhor: Feel free to upload stuff wherever you think appropriate. As I don't bother to host the files separately, a link to this forum would be the best option. I don't think we need a lot of info with milk files, except probabably a brief instruction how to install them.

@hakanh: I don't know yet if I continue work on this. I ran out of ideas what else to do with it.

@xmuzack: Actually the glass particles and their reflection are shapes programmed in X,Y,Z coordinates. The tricky bit is to match this with the fake 3D projection in the shader, used for tiles and background light.

@kozmyk: I do not know how to set tags or keywords in youtube, but when I search youtube for "milkdrop", your videos do not appear.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 03:14   #328
Kozmyk

Quote:
@kozmyk: I do not know how to set tags or keywords in youtube, but when I search youtube for "milkdrop", your videos do not appear.
Dammit. I always put "Milkdrop" in the tags and keywords.

Since we brought this up... is there any hope Milkdrop and/or its developers will give us, the regular folk, something to design visuals with?

I even have a CS degree, but I'd love to be able to design new visual effects for Milkdrop without having to be a CS degree holder

Thank you for your work! the presets are incredible! :-)
Old 13th December 2016, 11:03   #329
Nitorami
Major Dude

Koz Myk
I don't understand your question. Milkdrop is the tool to design visuals, and does not require a CS degree. Read the preset authoring guide that comes with winamp to get an idea how to design visuals with milkdrop.
Other than that, do not hope for anything from "developers". Milkdrop was made by Ryan Geiss but he moved on long ago, and milkdrop has collected a lot of dust since. But, its source code has been undisclosed, so anyone with adequate programming skills may create a new version based on that. I doubt however that this "anyone" exists, unless it is "you".
Old 14th December 2016, 03:11   #330
Kozmyk

Quote:
Koz Myk
I don't understand your question.
I am aware I'm late in the game. I am still puzzled why such an incredible piece of software has been abandoned.

I wish I had time to contribute, coding-wise, but that's not happening any time soon. I tried playing around with presets a bit, and I wish each preset would show the exact settings that are contributing to the resulting outcome -- for example, I'm looking at a wave like effect that changes colors -- what exact setting is contributing to this? Typing M on a preset is not much help.

The preset authoring guide is not a matter of reading - it's a matter of studying for weeks or months to figure it out. Not to mention that it suffers for the eternal curse of tech guides -- people are writing tech guides as memos to themselves, to remind them what they know already, not as guides to people that are unfamiliar with the object of the guide.

I got way off course here, sorry for the meanderings. I guess the next thing to wish for is a VR port of all Milkdrop code for all of the upcoming VR capable PCs :-)
Old 15th December 2016, 00:50   #331
Fumbling_Foo

I've found the preset authoring guide leaves out some very important things like defining the "ret" variable, megabuf(), loops, etc. In addition, the guide seems inadequate for figuring out how to make cool visual effects with the tools it mentions. IMO its a good guide for fundamentals but far from being a good tutorial.

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 20:55   #332
ylaviolette

Updated collection?

Hi Nitorami, would you happen to have an updated ZIP of your current/complete collection? Really like your work, Thanks!
ylaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 10:13   #333
Nitorami
Major Dude

I am not very well organised unfortunately, but anway, I packed a zip which contains most of my newer presets.

I was told that some of the presets would fail to run, or crash winamp on some machines. I have no idea why this is but restructured the code a bit (without really knowing why) and they all run fine now on my and my father's PC. If someone has still issues, please tell me.

Some other presets I continued to tweak after I first published them.

The attached zip should contain the latest and most stable versions and I recommend to exchange any older versions by these.
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin2016.zip (195.7 KB, 394 views)
Old 24th December 2016, 13:58   #334
ylaviolette

Thank you, that's a great Christmas present
Happy holidays!
ylaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:35   #335
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I will check out the XMAS Present later in the evening. I am sure to find also some new presets which I didn't have tested yet.

And also the musician & photographer Vytis in Ireland will become part of the shows again. I want to add 3 music-videos to my music-playlist "Ambient & Downtempo". I have planned to do that this week. I have bookmarked all 3 videos.

Now I wish You all a Good New Year 2017, better than all the previous years...

Old 10th January 2017, 16:25   #336
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have checked the preset-codes with Notepad++. I do that especially, if there are different filesizes of presets with the same filenames. One of the presets got from me the number 2 before it had come into my Winamp on my PC, after I had noted, that there would be more saturation in the preset. I was right, and then I did the right-click on the icon, to throw Vytis and me again into the show. The original version and the 17 edited versions of this preset came also to my notebook and into my other Winamp.

My works are riskful, but I can get a total blackout on my PC (with NVIDIA) already, if I play music via Goldwave (and I had got it also, if I had used "A Dive In Music" in Firefox or Chrome in the past). Then I have to use the turn-off-button of my PC and turn it on again later, because the screen stays black. Fortunately I was able to finish my work and do the backup-copies.

For 2 presets in the pack: Maybe I will take a look on my notebook (with AMD). I am influenced by my fears, but maybe I have to jump into the cold water this week, if nobody else will do that instead of me...

Old 17th January 2017, 16:20   #337
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have good news: This time the presets didn't fail anymore. Finally they have passed their examen with NVIDIA and AMD, and with their final filenames they are in presets now on my PC and notebook. I think, they will work also with other NVIDIA graphic cards than NVIDIA GeForce GT 230, and I can give my okay...

Old 17th January 2017, 19:40   #338
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thank you, Sabine. That's good news.
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:14   #339
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

@Nitorami: This reminded me of some of your presets (one actually, but can't remember the name..) >> https://www.behance.net/gallery/5289...wallpaper-pack

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:01   #340
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

In case also the other users want to build up their preset archives with the content from the forums, 2 things are very important.

Only the fixed versions of 2 presets can be used, and they are in the pack "martin2016.zip". I saw one of the presets from "martin - presets Oct 2008 - May 2016.zip" only once and then I got again the errors. And the single-posted presets from this thread should not be used, because they can cause a crash of Winamp. I have each of the 2 presets from "martin2016.zip" twice as:

martin - blue haze.milk [Größe: 17 KB]
martin - blue haze (martin2016) (previous version crashes winamp) (!!!this version works!!!).milk [Größe: 17 KB]
martin - resonant twister.milk [Größe: 11 KB]
martin - resonant twister (martin2016) (previous versions crash winamp) (!!!this version works!!!).milk [Größe: 11 KB]

Because I wanted to keep also the old version of the "pixies party - searchlight", the version from "martin2016.zip" got the number 2. I have the presets as:

martin - pixies party - searchlight.milk [Größe: 38 KB]
martin - pixies party - searchlight 2.milk [Größe: 38 KB]

And of course also the musician Vytis had become part of the show again, related to all pixies party.

Greetings from the Micro World...

Old 8th July 2017, 18:56   #341
Nitorami
Major Dude

Terraforming experiments in milkdrop

Only a screenshot for now....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage02.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	53355  
Old 11th July 2017, 15:10   #342
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Somehow I had known, that also a "Terragen Preset" could come some day, and I will look forward now...

I have downloaded the screenshot, and the cut with IrfanView will get the filename "Terraforming_experiments_01.jpg".

About Terragen: One of the musicians, Phrozenlight, had made also music-videos with "Terragen Flights" (possible with some plugins for Terragen), but today I have seen, there are already 846 video-uploads in his channel. How can the right music-videos be found? Maybe it is better to search with the keywords "terragen animation flights" on YouTube. Also in my music-playlist "Music & Computer Animated Video Scenes" I have some videos, and You could start with Video 57...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...SX9cG9MoNxsDwW

In my favourites on deviantART I have many Artwork-Images by other artists, also Terragen-Artwork, but on my harddrives I have much more...
http://sternenmaschinebine.deviantart.com/favourites/

I myself still love the oldest software-version "Terragen Classic" which I had used in 2009 and 2010, but it is not available anymore on the website "Planetside". Fortunately I have backup-copies from everything in case something could happen to my computers.

I could suggest already a filename: "martin - terraforming experiments.milk"...

Old 11th July 2017, 20:16   #343
Nitorami
Major Dude

It is truly amazing what is possible these days. Well, the render farm was probably working for hours to generate these few seconds of video.
You should not expect a "Terragen Preset" from milkdrop. It is not suited for that. Doing anything in 3D with milkdrop feels like, well, let's say a dentist who needs to do his job through the backside, because the patient would not open his mouth. Don't expect too much.
Old 13th July 2017, 18:43   #344
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
Terragen development is still ongoing: http://planetside.co.uk/

So, I've been to the NODE17 visual programming festival recently (look out for my Lattepanda screenshots https://twitter.com/Flexi23/status/884899833085132800) and somehow got into programming HLSL again. I attended several workshops, like the Advanced DX11 stuff including compute shaders, and Mangosh's Raymarching simplex noise. A week later I got this doodle patched together: https://twitter.com/Flexi23/status/883356629399474180
It's always worth a look, and i just noticed someone posted an edit to the material from Mangosh's workshop earlier today: https://vvvv.org/contributions

Do you realize that it's almost 10 years ago - I think it was in August 2007 - when Milkdrop2 with the shader editors got released?

And I met Coté who just clicked together some of those effects I discovered then, only he didn't even write a single line of code: https://vvvv.org/contribution/milkydrop

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Martin. Keep on rocking!
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 21:37   #345
Nitorami
Major Dude

Haha, so cute. "Jetzt darfst Du mal rumklicken, ok ?"
I remember the introduction of shaders to milkdrop. Ten years ago, can't believe it. So much has changed since. Why am I still hanging around here ?
Old 13th July 2017, 23:39   #346
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

I wonder how we're gonna look back on https://www.vertexshaderart.com/ and https://www.shadertoy.com/ in 10 years!
Have I shared this here before, https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sfyzS ?

I had also attended Matthias Zauner and David Gann's vvvv.js workshop. David just recently defended his master thesis in which he developed a terrain engine in WebGL. I just stumbled over this still open tab of a work which it was based on: https://www.classes.cs.uchicago.edu/...eTerrain00.pdf
Matthias totally surprised with a visual programming approach to remoting and client server interaction over WebSockets.
Old 15th July 2017, 14:48   #347
Nitorami
Major Dude

Quote:
Have I shared this here before, https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4sfyzS ?
Don't know but have definitely not seen it before, because it would not have shown on my old PC.
Lovely ! All Flexi effects moved to shadertoy
Old 15th July 2017, 15:10   #348
Nitorami
Major Dude

Terraforming experiments in milkdrop

Very slow.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - massif central.milk (11.4 KB, 199 views)
Old 15th July 2017, 15:21   #349
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have just downloaded it while I am sitting in the computer-room of the meeting-point.

I will need some days before I can report back, maybe Flexi will be faster than me.

All the best with Your newest project, the "Terraforming experiments in milkdrop"...

Old 19th July 2017, 16:16   #350
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Your newest preset is really very fantastic, and I feel more calm with this preset than with the music-video by Phrozenlight. In the preset the flight over the mountains is slower than in the Terragen-Animation-Video on YouTube where the flight is a little bit too fast (I don't remember the name of the song itself anymore). But of course Phrozenlight has very good music-videos, and he should keep up his good work.

Although I had planned to play only 3 songs in Winamp on this one evening, I had played 19 songs, and I didn't leave the beautiful preset in that time...

Well done!!!...

Old 19th July 2017, 16:30   #351
Nitorami
Major Dude

Thanks, Sabine. I made it deliberately slow, as a fast flight would really destroy the atmosphere. There are enough fast presets anyway.
Old 20th July 2017, 00:48   #352
mTvizuals

Quote:
I made it deliberately slow

it's sublime...
mTvizuals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 16:37   #353
hakanh

Everything is very real.
There is a much more realistic realism than your works with old nature theme. You are the best man ever in milkdrop world!

However, it become very passive for very high-tempo songs.

You had an old work. (It name is Lonely Goose.) The tectonic movements on the earth were very nice. When I see it every time, I remember David's this video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUe8...utu.be&t=1m18s

So, I added some effects. This is a sample for what I want to tell.
Attached Files
File Type: milk Martin - Massif Central -x-x-x-y-y-z-z-.milk (16.5 KB, 125 views)
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 20:33   #354
Nitorami
Major Dude

Ouch ! Sorry, Hakanh, but that mod is a fail. The preset is simply not meant to be used with high-tempo songs, so please just leave it that way.
Old 26th July 2017, 21:56   #355
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

I mixed 23 silly mashes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip martin + flexi - massif mixes.zip (81.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 27th July 2017, 22:20   #356
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Attached Files
File Type: zip martin + flexi - massif central [9 bipolar mixes].zip (36.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 27th July 2017, 22:43   #357
Nitorami
Major Dude

Hey Flexi, back in the mood ?
I note that your latest mixes run a bit slow, which can be fixed by setting quality=2 instead of 4 in the warp shader. The distortion in the comp shader makes the high quality setting unnecessary.

Here is something different, a plain 16-channel spectrum analyser in a satin finished marble look, with a peak-hold function.
Old 27th July 2017, 23:08   #358
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

For me, a couple of them go down to 40 frames per second in 4K on my AMD R9 280X.
Old 27th July 2017, 23:37   #359
Nitorami
Major Dude

Try with quality=2 and see whether you can spot a difference.
Old 28th July 2017, 09:35   #360
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

I'm afraid everything runs at rocksteady 60fps on my even older graphics card at work (where I "only" have 1080p display)
That spectrum analyser is great. epicness ensues i guess.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets