Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Old 15th October 2016, 13:09   #41
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Currently I have not enough time to update also the 4 versions of "My List Of Skins And Presets" and my documentations zip-folder with 18 .txt-files, but yesterday I have updated again some of my 14 IrfanView Slideshow Playlists (14 .txt-files). I had renamed also some of the "Vytis Images", which are not in Winamp. I am now on 2622 skins, 9946 presets, 4352 textures, 760 wallpapers for the desktop and 650 wallpapers for cPro - KAO. The Winamp folders have now 2.14 GB on my PC and 2.12 GB on my notebook, with the same content of skins, presets, textures etc.

Today I have more time in the meeting-point, and I want to suggest Chillkyway.net as SHOUTcast Radio Stream also for You. Unfortunately in the meeting-point they have no Winamp. I wish, I could let run the Milkdrop Visualizer now, because the music is really great and fantastic for that...
Attached Files
File Type: zip SlideshowsIrfanView_by_sabineklare_2016-10-14.zip (408.6 KB, 187 views)

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 17:33   #42
Fumbling_Foo

Reinitializing / updating the preset with a brand new file instead of sticking with making updates to an older file fixed the wiriness / speeded-up'ness. The problems were probably from the preset running for too long.

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 14:56   #43
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Sorry, I was not able yet to take a look to the newest downloaded presets from last week. I have to do also the Progressive Muscle Relaxation by Jacobson between 1 and 3 times per week.

I am out now, and I hope, that I will not be back in the hospital at day for a longer time, only as visitor, to the weekly coffee and cake. I have depressions, severe personality disorder and generalized anxiety disorder, and I am not resilient, I have these problems already since my childhood. I cannot become healthy anymore, but it was possible to stabilize me a little bit.

Next week I can stop by again in the forums more often, also I have again more time for Ambient Dub & Dub Techno...

Old 23rd October 2016, 00:45   #44
hakanh

Hi Fumbling_Foo,
You should try different textures and backgrounds for your works. I think that "Star Forge" series are good but please refresh it. So, I tried to made some mash-up presets in order to inspire you.
Preview video: https://www.facebook.com/hakan.germa...77147340111259 (please, when you are watching preview video, you have to select HD or high quality.)
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 15:31   #45
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

last weekend I found a little bit time and checked all the previous presets on my PC, also in fullscreen mode, especially v6 and v7. I saw no flickering, also not at the corners. All presets work fine.

When I listened to Vytis on my notebook in the evening and had his Artist Logo Profile Picture in the neverending rotation, I saw "Vytis_3.jpg" as "[img12]" interacting also with some of Your presets. They looked pretty cool with this sprite. Of course the presets could be tested also with other sprites.

@hakanh , I had problems with the extracting of the .zip-folders, and I had to copy some of the presets manually to another location with a shorter file path. This problem appears on Windows Vista and Windows 7, maybe also on Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. And it happens with different file-formats, with MP3s, presets and much more. Maybe I have to cut the filenames of some presets, if I want to test them. I remember, also in one of Tony's threads I had re-posted a .zip-folder with shorter filenames.

Old 27th October 2016, 16:17   #46
Fumbling_Foo

Hi Sabine Klare, thank you very much for testing my presets, but I've found the problem and fixed it in the attached SFv8. The q1 variable getting bigger and bigger as the preset played caused the center circle to flash and flicker faster and faster, while steadily becoming a "wiry" mess. So now, the preset should run as long as you like it and stay consistent in speed.

V8, is another refinement and the best version yet as usual. I've taken the liberty to fix some bugs and commented out code that does nothing to make the preset more efficient. I have tried to normalize the fps but for some reason my rig refuses to go above 30 fps, regardless of the setting. So hopefully the latest tweak of that works. In addition, v8 offers better color because I've rewritten the associated warp shader code. Its a cross of v5 and v6 as far as color goes. So, anybody not completely bored of Star Forge should enjoy it and perhaps get a few more "wow" moments. It might be the final version in the main line, because I'm completely satisfied with it and am getting bored with it. From here on it'll be mashups if I continue development.

And, THANKS hakanh for the mashups. I was waiting for someone to take interest in my presets and add their own spin to em, and you've done a beautiful job. And, I was also somewhat inspired to make some mashups on my own, but unfortunately each time I see the complex mathematical formulas and code behind the presets, I am reminded how far above my head making presets is, and that I am limited to doing mashups and tweaks. I feel a bit disenchanted / discouraged, but, at least I've been able to make Star Forge the way I've wanted to make it even if it was mostly tweaking an original mashup. Chasing an ideal of a preset for extended viewing, one that keeps giving and giving with its dynamic presentation and beat detection, I think that I actually lucked out and created an original preset unlike any other. I'm going to submit star forge in the new winamp topic sticky and hope it makes it to the release. I look forward to perhaps making more mashups with star forge.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Star Forge v8 + 8 mashups.zip (60.7 KB, 187 views)

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 27th October 2016 at 18:49. Reason: readability
Old 28th October 2016, 14:48   #47
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have good news: I didn't need to cut the preset-names of the mashups, I just needed to cut the folder-name, and I had copied and pasted all "Hakan Mashups" into SFhakan and all original versions into SForig. The longest preset-name of the "mashup presets" by hakanh is shorter than 1 of 19 renamed "mashup-presets" by Tony.

I had planned to attach 2 .zip-folders, but now I will wait a little bit, because I think, I still have to update them from time to time.

I myself do the right-click on a folder > Send to > ZIP-Folder, and that's the reason, why I myself get also a subfolder inside of the .zip-folder. Also I do very often the right-click on a .zip-folder > Extract all. And sometimes I have to create a folder in another location and copy the content of a .zip-folder to the new folder manually. I have also 7-Zip installed, and I have to open it via the Start Menue (nobody had teached me to do this way). On this way I had extracted the content of .rar-files and .7z-files, but for .zip-folders I didn't use it yet.

Old 28th October 2016, 19:15   #48
hakanh

Hi Sabine Klare,
I was having similar errors old windows platforms but now I use W10. So, I prepared a link for you. Also, I cut long file names. Now, you can download it again.
https://mega.nz/#!w0kjVSJY!lEZHwYa-i...v_aVN0nIZaBTos
Attached Files
File Type: zip Star Forge (Hakan's some alpha mashups).zip (222.6 KB, 180 views)
Old 28th October 2016, 19:53   #49
Nitorami
Major Dude

Quote:
The q1 variable getting bigger and bigger as the preset played caused the center circle to flash and flicker faster and faster
This is well possible, as the numerical precision of floats is limited. As it increases, the less significant digits will be lost.

Quote:
but for some reason my rig refuses to go above 30 fps
Have you tried to change this in the milkdrop config ? Usually milkdrop will try to achieve the frame rate as set in the configuration, as long as the resources allow. Only for GPU/CPU heavy presets, it will drop, but StarForge is fairly economic with resources and runs at 40fps here on my 12 year old machine.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 14:45   #50
Fumbling_Foo

Quote:
Have you tried to change this in the milkdrop config ? Usually milkdrop will try to achieve the frame rate as set in the configuration, as long as the resources allow. Only for GPU/CPU heavy presets, it will drop, but StarForge is fairly economic with resources and runs at 40fps here on my 12 year old machine.
I just got milkdrop to run at 60fps in full-screen mode 1440p, and star forge v8 looked about right but perhaps a touch fast. But on that note I hope milkdrop in the new winamp version includes a feature for direct control over the thickness a waveform is drawn. Resolutions above around 2560 x 1440 play hell on the appearance of the wave form, where drawing with double thickness still leaves it too thin.

Old 11th November 2016, 15:36   #51
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have made a new thread, "My work in progress for sprite-friendly textures"...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=398905

I am sure, they will look fine also in interaction with the Star Forge Presets.

In 10 minutes I have to logout. I wish You a nice weekend...

Old 13th November 2016, 22:59   #52
Fumbling_Foo

Hi Klare, unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the textures into the preset. I can't find anything in the milkdrop preset authoring guide about working with textures. The few presets where I have seen thing like textures I can't figure out where in the code a given texture is included.

Beautiful textures BTW, Klare .

Old 15th November 2016, 14:31   #53
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

C > Programs(x86) > Winamp > Plugins > Milkdrop2 > textures

You will get an UAC, but that's normal, if You want to copy & paste the textures. Simply do that.

If You have Notepad++ installed, You can do a right-click on a .milk-file and then "Edit with Notepad++", but only for viewing the codes. You have to look in the sections "warp" and "comp" below. If there is "sampler-rand00", then all textures have the chance to be picked up randomly. For "sampler_rand00_logo" only those images have a chance, where the filenames begin with "logo" or "logocover". I did that some more preset edits for some more subsets of images, and of course I did also "sampler_rand00_Vytis", because his images are really very good.

For the sprites: I changed the way of the rotation on 6 places, and I added 2 more sprites. Maybe I should make 2 basic-inifiles for those textures, which come with the installer and which I myself have made. "sky2.jpg" is simply the negative of "sky.jpg".

Currently I am updating the .zip-folders on Mediafire, beginning with wallpapersdesktop. I have renamed many images, also I have added 24 more images there. They are especially for the skin Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor. I will need some days, and will I report back, if I am ready.

It rains today, and I cannot go into a park and visit healthy trees to get photos of their trunks, especially their surfaces. Also I have to exercise very much with the different image-software, until I can get my own Space Nebulas, and I can do that only at the weekends. For now, I can send You only to SoundCloud...

Edit:
wallpapersdesktop and wallpaperscprokaoupdated successfully, also added my Slideshow-Playlists and wiptextures on Mediafire. Please scroll down in my journal:
http://sternenmaschinebine.deviantar...ever-440352684

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 15th November 2016 at 15:36.
Old 16th November 2016, 14:47   #54
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yesterday I forgot the half (in the last time I forget something more often than in my younger years), but today I want to mention, that I take care of the file-namings for all images, which come into my Winamps on my PC and notebook (currently 4412 textures, 680 .jpg-files in wallpaperscprokao, 784 .jpg-files in wallpapersdesktop, with works by me and many other good artists). I have written a little bit more in my thread "My Photos of Parks in Berlin 2016"...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=398665

Also I like my idea of the mirrored images. The originals of the "tiledstones" in my textures-folders are not from me, and I really need my own basic photos, also for stones. I have at least my own leaves, and Vytis had given me all the inspirations. Maybe You want to take a look also to my other thread "Images, cut and mirrored for tiling and stretching"...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=390406

Today I want to visit again the thread by Widdykats, "The WINAMP FORUM'S CHRISTMAS TREE 2014", where I had posted 2 .jpg-files of the subset "logo"...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379907

Also today we have only rain. Soon the "Winter Break" will begin, although at first the "XMAS Stress" will follow. In Berlin we have low chances for snow, but maybe You will have more luck. And I am sure, also You Yourselves are able to do Your own images of Nature & Landscapes without humans.

I suggest directly "sampler_rand00" and "texsize_rand00", it will be the best, because then all textures have the same chances. If You need help, maybe You can ask also the other preset authors. I myself changed only the codings for the images and groups of images in the existing codes. I didn't add new codes. Maybe also the part "Read files from disk" in the "milkdrop_preset_authoring.html" will help You.

Currently my public editions of wallpaperscprokao and wallpapersdesktop contain 170 and 312 .jpg-files. Hopefully I get "texturesinuse" updated today (with currently 1684 .png- and .jpg-files). At least all works are 100% by me...

Edit: Update completed...

Old 18th November 2016, 19:43   #55
Fumbling_Foo

Hi Sabine Klare, I tried tex2D(sampler_rand00, uv); and the others but milkdrop didn't recognize the sampler_rand00 part. I'm at a complete loss without an example snippet of code that works.

Old 19th November 2016, 14:36   #56
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Fumbling_Foo,

also for me it would be more complicated, if the first presets didn't pick up a texture, and suddenly a new preset-version should be created, which can do that. And it was "READING TEXTURES FROM DISK" and "RANDOM TEXTURE SELECTION" in the .html-file (if You scroll down). Also I myself will not be able to help.

I had presets, where I had to edit in both sections, WARP and COMP. Sometimes I had to do the edits in 8 places, because the preset will not work, if I forget one of the places. So many places were needed in one of the original presets.

Today I was in the Koernerpark, and in the evening I will check the 48 photos of the tree-surfaces. Maybe some of them are good basics. I had planned new wallpapers just for cPro - KAO. And yesterday I made photo-edits from railway-stones (6 choosen photos in 16:9), which are not usable as original. But I had a crazy idea, and I was right. I have tested them in Komodo X Touchscreen, and maybe I can make my Space Nebula Images (square) from that. I have added 12 results in 2000x1120 pixel to wallpapersdesktop, also I made 2 edits in Black and White from 2 photos in 2000x1120 pixel with the walk through the forest (0002 and 0003), they are for wallpapersdesktop, wallpaperscprokao, texturesinuse.

Also mossleaves, logostextures, musiccovers are up to date now. I didn't need to update logosgifdemos. texturesnotused cannot be updated today anymore, and again I have to update wallpapersdesktop, wallpaperscprokao and texturesinuse. I will need 1-2 more weeks...

I wish You good luck. And have a nice weekend...

Old 28th November 2016, 16:30   #57
Fumbling_Foo

SF v8a

Thx Klare, the weekend and since have been pretty good as I'm getting back into the habit of reading books .

I still haven't quite been able to completely put down Star Forge like I thought I would with v8, so here's a v8a which is a slight polishing of v8. I'm mainly offering it to replace the vanilla v8 in the winamp update sticky topic. So hopefully Flexi sees this post (and any possible future updates ).
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v8a.milk (23.5 KB, 160 views)

Old 29th November 2016, 15:00   #58
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello Hello Fumbling_Foo,

I have downloaded Your newest preset, also I have downloaded a new album artwork by Vytis on SoundCloud (the URL-name is vytisdubs), and again "My List Of Skins And Presets" (4 versions), my documentations and my sildeshow-playlists are outdated, and I have updated them today on Mediafire. I have added also some more .zip-folders in the last days, and I have updated Sternenmaschinebine_Works.zip and musiccovers.zip. Currently I am updating texturesnotused.zip, tomorrow I have planned to update also texturesinuse.zip, which is so big, so that I need enough time for the upload. In my Devious Journal "Winamp forever - Music forever!!!" I have now also a list with my latest updates below.

In the extended versions I use now 4420 textures, 700 wallpapers for cPro - KAO and 800 wallpapers for the desktop. I can give You only my own works on Mediafire, and my .zip-folders contain less images than in the extended versions. With my own photoworks I will go into my holidays, and maybe in the new year I could continue. My "dark edits" from the "Railway Stones" (made with Casio) are much better than my "dark edits" from the "tree-surfaces" (made with Praktika). For the future I know, which camera I have to use, if I want to make new photos from stones, grasses, leaves, trunks of trees etc.

Fumbling_Foo and hakanh, somehow I have the feeling, that there is no activity anymore in the thread "What are you listening to right now?" since this Summer...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=207744
and also there I had worked very intensively for the Milkdrop Visualizer and given many ideas...

BTW, at least my extended version and my official version of the following 2 .txt-files seem to be ready for a longer time. They are also in the attached .zip-folders in my thread "My work in progress for sprite-friendly textures". And I suggest to let rotate some textures and let interact them with the presets. At least the presets themselves don't need to be edited for that, they can stay how they are...
Attached Files
File Type: txt sprites_and_custom_messages_extended.txt (59.6 KB, 112 views)
File Type: txt sprites_and_custom_messages_official.txt (39.5 KB, 111 views)

Old 7th December 2016, 20:41   #59
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks for the updates, Klare .

I have today another revision of Star Forge. This version improves upon the speed of the color transitions of the shapes (the preset is even more colorful) as well as a couple of other things with color for the overall beat response. Will this finally be the final version? I can't say but I've tweaked just about everything that can be tweaked and it has slowly but surely become one heck of a nice preset, if you're into the style .
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v8b.milk (23.5 KB, 136 views)

Old 9th December 2016, 14:40   #60
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have downloaded it. And I will update again one of my slideshow-playlists, hopefully I will get my .zip-folder on Mediafire up to date next Friday. Next week there are 2 celebrations.

I have planned 3 new threads and prepared my textes, but again I am called away. I am not sure, if I can return at least to my thread about the nervous breakdown. Soon the bad year 2016 will be finished.

Have a nice weekend...

Old 16th December 2016, 14:52   #61
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I am leaving my next .zip-folders, although again they are outdated since today. My slideshow-playlists will be a little bit more up to date than my Winamp Info Report in my documentations...

I didn't have been called away yet for helping, but there were hardware-problems at 1 of the 4 computers in the computer-room of the meeting-point. Sometimes a mouse, keyboard or monitor can die. This year I myself had to buy a new mouse for my PC at home. And I have heard now, today the meeting-point closes 1 hour earlier, now.

Also in the past I had been called away very often. Until June 2014 the telephone rang between 3 and 20 times per day, because my mother had the next question. And suddenly it was so ghostly quiet...

We will see us tomorrow...
Attached Files
File Type: zip documentations_by_sabineklare_2016-12-07.zip (292.9 KB, 493 views)
File Type: zip SlideshowsIrfanView_by_sabineklare_2016-12-15.zip (417.2 KB, 123 views)

Old 26th December 2016, 20:26   #62
Fumbling_Foo

Merry late Christmas, Klare . Hope you are doing well; I heard about the terrorist attacks in Berlin, Germany .

Old 2nd January 2017, 19:23   #63
Fumbling_Foo

Happy New Year guys . Version v8c here featuring upgraded color code, making more use of darker color shades. Again, offering this version of the preset for the 5.8 preset collection.
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v8c.milk (23.6 KB, 119 views)

Old 2nd January 2017, 21:50   #64
xmuzack

Fumbling_Foo, I like this new version a lot. Darker colors? Happy New Year to you too!
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:33   #65
Fumbling_Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmuzack View Post
Fumbling_Foo, I like this new version a lot. Darker colors? Happy New Year to you too!
Thanks xmuzack ! Yup it uses darker colors and kinda mixes the light and dark colors for cool effects too .

Old 3rd January 2017, 01:00   #66
Fumbling_Foo

(deleted)

Old 3rd January 2017, 14:26   #67
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Just downloaded it. Again I will update my slideshow-playlists. And this week I want to update also "My List Of Skins And Presets". Currently I am uploading 2 more .zip-folders on Mediafire, which means also the update of "SabineKlare_Journals_Exerpt.txt" later. And I have music by my Frank running...

If also You Yourself have experiences with fears, I suggest to read my other thread "Do I have too much fears?":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=364321

Now I wish You a Good New Year, better than the previous years...

Old 3rd January 2017, 17:30   #68
Fumbling_Foo

Thanks Sabine Klare, posted in your topic .

Edit: I'm not really super happy with how v9 turned out overall; looks over-processed. Removing it.

Last edited by Fumbling_Foo; 3rd January 2017 at 19:12.
Old 4th January 2017, 15:37   #69
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Before I forget it, at least I want to leave my updated files.

I wanted to answer also in my own thread, but I have needed so long for my public music-playlists on YouTube. Now I have to do with my reply that in 2 or 3 days.

If You are on Google+, You can search for "winamp"...

The terrorist attacks on the XMAS Market were really very terrible, and I have already enough to do with my generalized anxiety disorder...
Attached Files
File Type: zip documentations_by_sabineklare_2017_01_04.zip (293.7 KB, 309 views)
File Type: zip SlideshowsIrfanView_by_sabineklare_2017-01-03.zip (429.8 KB, 108 views)

Old 14th January 2017, 18:17   #70
Fumbling_Foo

Here's v9. The general appearance of Star Forge took a shift with v8c, and I've developed v9 off of v8c. I'm taking a bit of a risk and pushing the warp code a bit further. I think it looks overall much more polished, and its a bit busier in the periphery. Doesn't seem over-processed; even the artifacting looks pretty good. And, its actually has presented a few "wow" moments for me. That is to say, I've gotten over 2000 screenshots of star forge and v9 still produced new material. BTW time to upload some screenshots of this version. So, hope you guys enjoy .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9a16-12.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	691.8 KB
ID:	52946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9a16-28.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	712.2 KB
ID:	52947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9a16-37.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	674.7 KB
ID:	52948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9a16-43.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	721.6 KB
ID:	52949  
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9.milk (23.6 KB, 123 views)

Old 17th January 2017, 15:31   #71
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And soon Star Forge v10 will follow...

On my harddrives I have somewhat between 4000 and 5000 Winamp Screenshots, and of course I cannot upload them all...

At least the best of them are on deviantART:
http://sternenmaschinebine.deviantart.com/gallery/

Old 20th January 2017, 19:33   #72
Fumbling_Foo

Eureka! This version is the prettiest one yet ! It's more akin to v8b than v8c, but still features some darker colors. I rewrote some of the color code and the preset now looks breathtaking to me at times . Fixed the artifacting and is now a good balance between busy and clear. I hope this version makes it to winamp 5.8. Yup Klare v10 sure was soon to follow lol !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9e2-236.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	773.8 KB
ID:	52961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9e2-98.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	685.2 KB
ID:	52962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9e2-85.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	52963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fumbling_Foo + Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v9e2-113.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	900.3 KB
ID:	52964  
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v10.milk (24.0 KB, 117 views)

Old 21st January 2017, 09:17   #73
hakanh

Now, I am at mobile platform. I expect a big thing from this version. Because this is V10! (It should..)
I am working on 2 different projects with your Star Forge preset. I hope, they will be better now.
Old 21st January 2017, 17:31   #74
Fumbling_Foo

I already have a v10a on the way but I gotta make sure that its an actual improvement over v10 (a tall order I'd say ). That's awesome that you're working with star forge ! I hope v10 will be better too, its sometimes really hard to tell because there's a lot going on with the preset and its been tweaked so much.

Old 21st January 2017, 22:22   #75
Fumbling_Foo

v10 is still king among my recent formulations, so no v10a for a while probably. In any case, v10's gud nuff' for now; if it ain't broke don't fix it .

Old 21st January 2017, 23:55   #76
hakanh

We will wait and this is not a problem for us. In fact, even if it is ready now, it is impossible to complete the projects immediately. Of course, I made base structs their and I am trying to improve them for to be better. Unfortunately, we are not Martin, Eos, Phat or other legends

As a result, time will be our biggest drug.
Old 25th January 2017, 15:36   #77
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yes, also I myself am not a good preset author, and I am far away from all the legends. But of course also I myself am full with ideas, and I want to have everything perfect, also my many images or my public music-playlists...

Just posted again in my thread "Some non-square images as textures with a better quality":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=399156

Yes, I know already, that this evening I will need again very good Ambient Dub & Dub Techno...

Old 26th January 2017, 15:23   #78
Fumbling_Foo

Yeah, the legends are practically math and programming geniuses, I certainly can't wrap my cranium their complex lines of code pushing milkdrop to its limits. When it comes to code I just use the basic guess and check strategy from high-school algebra .

Where skill was absent, time has indeed been my drug with Star Forge. Star Forge has come a long way since its vPub inception. Instead of being a picture worth a thousand words, it has become a preset that's been worth a thousand pictures (or screenshots in this case). This project has been going on for months, and its about time for me to finally conclude it. When will enough be enough? With the vanilla version, probably now with v10a, because I've probably well-realized and milked dry its potential within the confines of its code and the skills that I have. Besides, I might be in the milkdrop preset authoring vein for the long haul, so I'm getting ready to move on to other projects and see what they have to offer.

V10a is a simple refinement of the code for the tempo, which improves the preset's musicality and flow and *shouldn't* negatively affect the screenshot-worthy pattern generation (which means v10a should look like v10 except that its a bit more form fitting to the music).

I've stuck with Star Forge for so long because realizing the vision behind this preset has been almost endlessly entertaining. I hope its paid off for others like it has for me when it comes to providing musical entertainment. Again, thanks Mrs. Klare and hakanh and everyone else for sticking around this long .
Attached Files
File Type: milk Fumbling_Foo & Flexi, Martin, Orb - Star Forge v10a.milk (24.0 KB, 103 views)

Old 27th January 2017, 13:25   #79
hakanh

I tried v10a and it looks like little more sensitive.
Also, I wonder your new projects.
Old 27th January 2017, 14:32   #80
Fumbling_Foo

Yeah more sensitive to the beat, I like that word for v10a . Star Forge has kept me pretty busy as far as other projects go, but the projects are basically tweaks of other presets from the stock winamp. I haven't undertook anything else as involving as Star Forge, though.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets