Old 26th January 2011, 13:04   #1
rockybox

Exclamation Driving me insane! So simple, I think?

This has been bugging me all day, please help.

I'm using Winamp pro with the Default Modern skin and I cannot find the option that allows double clicking of the titlebar to maximise the window. In fact, there is no maximise button at all, anywhere.

Using other skins, like bento, the option appears but with the winamp modern skin it doesn't.

I wish i could just double click the titlebar and it would maximise winamp, instead it collapses it into some tiny titlebar thing and it's really frustrating!

does anyone know what's wrong?

Here is a screenshot of my options, I've tried everything...

rockybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 13:12   #2
DrO

the modern skin doesn't support maximise, that's why there's no option as unless the skin has been designed to do it, it cannot do the action.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 13:15   #3
rockybox

Thanks for the quick response DAZ, it's much appreciated.

That's really frustrating, I wonder why they excluded it...

Is there no XML file I could edit or anything in the directory which would allow it all?
rockybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 13:25   #4
DrO

its most likely because the modern skin main window has a fixed height which doesn't lend itself to being maximised - even the width resizing never looks too great with too much dead space. then again the skin is well over 6 years old now before there was the whole thing of one window ui's as swept things a few years later (leading to the Bento skins).

with a single-ui (SUI) style of skin then it makes sense to have a maximise aspect but i cannot see how it'd work with the modern skin as it currently stands. source code for the skin should be in the skins folder or the skin development pack in a sticky in this forum. however i think it'd have to be a combination of xml, maki and image editing to get it looking correct with a maximise action.

there was an attempt to make a SUI(ish) version of the modern skin (archived version available at http://nunzioweb.com/daz/SingleGUI/index.html) but that's now long dead though did have the button act as a minimise but it looks dire.

-daz
Old 26th January 2011, 15:37   #5
midiwriter

Winamp Modern would have to be completely recoded to support maximize, and it has !
http://www.skinconsortium.com/index....load&itemID=49
midiwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 16:17   #6
DrO

i'd forgotton how much i dislike having to go through 3 different pages to get to the cPro framework download *meh*

as for that, it still introduces a mass of dead space in the window area which doesn't look nice. but yeah, is an option.

-daz
Old 26th January 2011, 20:37   #7
midiwriter

DrO I think you are not alone; I believe this is being dealt with in their new version being worked on now.
Old 28th January 2011, 18:13   #8
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
yea version 2 will be better space-wise

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 18:39   #9
DrO

considering you're skinners, i'd have really expected one click to download and that would have been it not 3 - no one would use a skin which required that to do something

-daz
Old 28th January 2011, 21:05   #10
midiwriter

Yes I've wondered about the possibility of the cPro framework being built into the default Winamp download...there are so many good cPro skins, but you never see them on this site.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins