Old 24th April 2008, 02:13   #1
zeroblitzt

Server Streaming Issue

Hello, I am trying to stream a video to my stream server I bought yesterday. I had some issues at first relating to the videos I was encoding, but I finally encoded a video correctly, and tried stream it. Unfortunately when I connected to the server to see if it worked, all I got was an [ICY 200 OK] message in Winamp. When I view the stream directly from my computer it works fine. I also know its not the server, because I tested it by streaming an audio file and this worked fine. It seems as if it just wont take my video file (If anyone wants to see my encoder settings I can post a screen shot).

Quick facts:
-Bought a server on fastweb servers
-128k bitrate
-I encoded my video to 128k and my audio to 128k.

Do you have any tips on how I could fix this?
zeroblitzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 02:32   #2
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Are you typing in the URL like this....

http://66.96.249.151:8080 (Like you would a regular SHOUTcast stream) OR
http://66.96.249.151:8080/;stream.nsv

(Yes I used Kevin's URL which he posted in his post as an example. You can kill me later if you want dude! )

Note that the ;stream.nsv is VITAL in connecting to your NSV stream.

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 02:33   #3
sankt

Try http://x.x.x.x:8000/;file.nsv for video.

Your description is typical of trying to connect to a video stream with an audio link.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 03:01   #4
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
Try http://x.x.x.x:8000/;file.nsv for video.

Your description is typical of trying to connect to a video stream with an audio link.
I was thinking the same thing, which is why when I added the ;stream.nsv part at the end of Kevin's URL that I used as example, I got connected with no problems. I didn't believe for a second that I'd connect without it (As the OP here is apparently trying to do with his own stream).

Cheers

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 24th April 2008, 21:05   #5
sankt

Sorry Jeeper, Didnt mean to double post on you.

I am going blind in my old age.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 02:14   #6
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
Sorry Jeeper, Didnt mean to double post on you.
Naah....That's okay. I was saying I was just thinking you were.
Quote:
I am going blind in my old age.
Err....Yeah. I think I'll leave that one alone. *LOL!*

Cheers

Pat (ala Jeeper One)

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 25th April 2008, 10:40   #7
zeroblitzt

Yep

Yep, that was the problem. I was using the link my hosting company gave me, and they never changed the link for the people who stream NSVs.

I may as well hijack my own thread here; I am having trouble converting AVIs. I downloaded GSpot and it says I have the right codecs to convert some of them, but a lot are still coming out with no video and the ones that do come out with video have distorted sound. MPEG conversion works flawlessly so what I've been doing is converting AVI to MPEG and then converting that to NSV. Obviously, this takes time which *should* be avoidable. Anyone ever heard of this?
Old 25th April 2008, 21:15   #8
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Re: Yep

Hi everyone:
Quote:
Originally posted by zeroblitzt
Yep, that was the problem. I was using the link my hosting company gave me, and they never changed the link for the people who stream NSVs.
You may wanna double-check to see if they support NSV streaming. Some hosts don't support it and will ban you if they catch you
Quote:
I may as well hijack my own thread here;
You're not hijacking anything as this was your thread to start with.
Quote:
I am having trouble converting AVIs. I downloaded GSpot and it says I have the right codecs to convert some of them, but a lot are still coming out with no video and the ones that do come out with video have distorted sound. MPEG conversion works flawlessly so what I've been doing is converting AVI to MPEG and then converting that to NSV. Obviously, this takes time which *should* be avoidable. Anyone ever heard of this?
Umm....Yeah. If your videos are encoded with DiVx 6 or later, there are some MAJOR problems HOWEVER they're not confined just to NSV. Windows Media Encoder & Windows Movie Maker also have difficulties with DiVx-encoded videos as well.

I agree it should be avoidable, but it's an issue with DiVx and not with NSV or any other streaming platform. As such, only the folks at DiVx can correct this anomaly.

If your video is encoded with any other codec, that's a whole different ballgame altogether. As such, I might not be able to help you there.

One more thing, does GSpot indicate whether or not you have the codec installed on your system? Perhaps yu could post a screenshot (Or attach it in your reply) if you're not sure.

Cheers

Pat (ala Jeeper One)

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Old 26th April 2008, 03:51   #9
zeroblitzt

Re: Re: Yep

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeeper One
[B]Hi everyone:You may wanna double-check to see if they support NSV streaming. Some hosts don't support it and will ban you if they catch you
No, they support it, I specifically ordered NSV streaming from them.

Quote:
If your videos are encoded with DiVx 6 or later, there are some MAJOR problems HOWEVER they're not confined just to NSV. Windows Media Encoder & Windows Movie Maker also have difficulties with DiVx-encoded videos as well.
This was most likely the problem - I had .AVI DivX files, and I wouldnt doubt they are of a newer version.

Quote:
One more thing, does GSpot indicate whether or not you have the codec installed on your system? Perhaps yu could post a screenshot (Or attach it in your reply) if you're not sure.
Yes, it says I have it installed on my machine.

But hey, thanks for your help, I'm going to test it on a non-DivX video, which... somehow didn't occur to me.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast TV / Nullsoft Video