Old 7th September 2009, 01:15   #2361
dlichterman
Forum King

I took a few more that are on my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlichterman/

I replaced the aging 97 camry that I just rolled over 100k. Starter was going out and it was leaking oil. This car has the 2.4l camry engine in it.....so its actually quite nice, has enough power, yet can still get decent gas mileage. Let me say, IPOD INTEGRATION FOR THE WIN. Now I just need a larger ipod.......

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 7th September 2009, 03:10   #2362
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Very nice. I hope it lasts a long time and stays lookin' new.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 7th September 2009, 04:08   #2363
dlichterman
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
Very nice. I hope it lasts a long time and stays lookin' new.
Thanks! I am thinking about maybe getting the spoiler that is available, and the rear bumper protector thing, but past that this car is loaded. I think tomorrow I am gonna wash and wax it......any suggestions on wax other than the standard turtle wax?

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 7th September 2009, 04:12   #2364
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Ask at the dealer if it's old enough to wax. I was always told that wax can hurt new paint - especially clear coat, and should be reserved for cars that have been around a bit. Its main purpose is basically to smooth out old, textured paint to give gloss and also to give protection by making water bead up and roll off rather than smear on.

Old 7th September 2009, 04:23   #2365
dlichterman
Forum King

Oh, well I guess I won't be doing that tomorrow then with the holiday. I just want this thing to blind people....

Old 7th September 2009, 06:00   #2366
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

To me, the best thing to do to maintain a good paint job is to find ways to keep it clean with as little friction as possible - e.g. pre-soak with dish-detergent-water and keep wet while washing so that light wiping removes everything easily. I just picked up a vehicle too, so I'm in that delicate state, trying to avoid that inevitable first scratch or blemish.

I'm still looking for an easy bumper bug removal though.

I still have an old Camry too - same design style as your '97, but I won't let that go until there's nothing left of it.

Old 7th September 2009, 06:31   #2367
dlichterman
Forum King

Yeah well......it was leaking oil, starter was going out, brakes were coming up.......it was time for it to go. Mom said that she never wanted to see it again lol

Old 7th September 2009, 08:03   #2368
rockouthippie
Banned

My neighbor has one of those. He says it's a good ride and bitches a little about the power, not the gas mileage though.

Having 13,000 on it should be fine to wax. I like Nu-Finish. It isn't spendy and it seems to be as good as car wax that is.

If you have a cordless drill you should invest in a Mothers Powerball. These are a great tool because you can get into all the creases and crannies.

I usually just rub em out with a Terry cloth and use the powerball to get the creases. Don't take a buffer to a new car and if you keep up the wax, you'll never need to.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:47   #2369
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Cool. Get some sort of alloy wheels for it, though -- hubcaps are tacky.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:00   #2370
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I did not buy This!,
but I want it..I want it ...*sigh*
Old 9th September 2009, 00:11   #2371
Wolfgang
Forum King

Alloy wheels can look even tackier if you're not careful, particularly with a suburban-type car like that.

Recently I bought some Wahl 100 hair clippers. They're shit, the hair gets stuck in the bits and causes them to jam.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:32   #2372
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I'm more function over style - so I'd say stick with Steel. They last longer, are stronger, and are safer. Aluminum, especially when it's been on the car a couple years, will often crack without showing signs on a curb hit, causing a blowout up to several days down the road. Steel will at most bend/dent in a way that you can see whether it's bad enough to warrant attention.

Contrary to common belief, aluminum will corrode earlier/faster than the rusting of painted steel wheels, and it weakens the wheel whereas surface rust will likely never compromise the integrity of the wheel until long after the rest of the car is dead.

I say this knowing that both of my vehicles have aluminum wheels, but I would rather they had steel, especially the truck, which goes off-roading for firewood/hunting/fishing a lot where the wheels themselves can be hit a lot.

On the other hand, some say that a hubcap poses a blowout concern - hubcaps, when they come off can hook on the valve stem and then slice the tire, which is why you always see cop cars with steel wheels without hubcaps.

There are some nice-looking aftermarket steel wheels out there, but they're limited in variety and harder to find.

Old 9th September 2009, 01:17   #2373
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Hey, Hey!! What about my Burberry Hat?
Old 9th September 2009, 01:32   #2374
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
^ Hey, Hey!! What about my Burberry Hat?
I say you buy it Widdy.
Old 9th September 2009, 01:55   #2375
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang
Recently I bought some Wahl 100 hair clippers. They're shit, the hair gets stuck in the bits and causes them to jam.
I've got a Philips that works very well. Hair also gets inside but it's easy to clean and doesn't jam.
Old 9th September 2009, 02:47   #2376
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Sorry about not commenting on the hat - looks quite nice, but when I see $550 for a hat I tend to just keep walkin...

Far superior quality, far less expensive - get Filson hats. They don't get much better than that (although they're not nearly as stylish).

http://www.filson.com/family/index.j...ll&fpricesort=

Old 9th September 2009, 03:16   #2377
gaekwad2
Foorum King

$550 to look like a Hippie?

Those Filsons really just look utilitarian though.
And I doubt they're as well made as this one either.
Old 9th September 2009, 04:07   #2378
rockouthippie
Banned

These guys make an excellent hat... made in Oregon

My Outback hat is going on 5 years old and 4 rainy winters and still looks good. I usually buy a better band and toss the stock one. They don't make gray anymore

I have a 20 year old one that I use for fishing or any time I don't mind looking like Jed Clampett. It's all bent out of shape, but still keeps my head warm.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:10   #2379
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I'm familiar with them, ROH!
I also like J J's in the city Sinatra got his hats there. They carry a lot of Borsalino.
And I won't look like a hippie..I'll look Retro
@fc*uk Thank you
I won't buy it, though, it's a little too pricey.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:30   #2380
rockouthippie
Banned

It's funny with the Pendleton Outback hat. The wool shape is sort of generic, so changing the band turns cowboy hat into casual dress hat into blues brothers hat So, you can be Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Sinatra or Willie Nelson just by changing the band.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:54   #2381
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I bought a Merona fedora on impulse when it was on clearance at Target a while back...I don't know why, though; I look funny in a fedora, even though I have shirts and vests that would go perfect with it...I guess that's what I get for buying in impulse; I ended up returning it, since I bought one that wasn't the right size anyway...

I guess if I really wanted to wear a fedora, I could get myself a suit, a Thompson SMG, and a 1930s Ford coupe, and I could rock that stuff mafia style...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 9th September 2009, 13:28   #2382
rockouthippie
Banned

Buy clothes at Target... only when T-shirts go on sale for $3. Doesn't Merona mean crap in Chinese? Target does sell some good stuff. Just not clothes.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:01   #2383
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

2 tickets to the Taste Of Chaos tour with: Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Every Time I Die and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. (In November)

And 1 ticket for Trivium with Chimaira, Darkest Hour, Whitechapel and Dirge Within. (Which is in March next year but hey Trivium are good and their performance at download was mind blowing)

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
Old 9th September 2009, 18:16   #2384
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Buy clothes at Target... only when T-shirts go on sale for $3. Doesn't Merona mean crap in Chinese? Target does sell some good stuff. Just not clothes.
Half my wardrobe comes from Target and I haven't had any quality issues with their stuff...Clothes very rarely are a quality issue with me anyway, since I worry about whether stuff will actually fit me or not...I've got a couple jeans from Aeropostale that fit me, but not nearly as well as the Mossimo jeans I bought from Target...

Quote:
Originally posted by QOAL
And 1 ticket for Trivium with Chimaira, Darkest Hour, Whitechapel and Dirge Within. (Which is in March next year but hey Trivium are good and their performance at download was mind blowing)
Ahhh, you're lucky...My cousin went to a White Chapel concert and he said they were good, but I went to Ozzfest back in 2005 and I had just missed Trivium when we got there since they played early in the morning...I wish I could see them again; All the stuff they recorded for "Ascendancy" and "Shogun" are modern metal musical orgasms...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 9th September 2009, 18:49   #2385
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
It's funny with the Pendleton Outback hat. The wool shape is sort of generic, so changing the band turns cowboy hat into casual dress hat into blues brothers hat So, you can be Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Sinatra or Willie Nelson just by changing the band.
psst. I don't wanna look like a female Willie Nelson...

A female Frank or Stevie Ray isn't bad!
Old 10th September 2009, 00:02   #2386
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I hate shopping for clothes so much that I bitch about poor quality when a garment only lasts 6 years. Since I'm almost exactly the same size as I when I was leaving the 7th grade (in 1991!), most of my clothes are quite old. Not necessarily that old, but because of this, I tend to look only for things I know will last a very, very long time.

Old 10th September 2009, 00:28   #2387
rockouthippie
Banned

I dunno. I haven't bought clothes at Target in several years. My experience is that they fall apart after a couple washings. Almost as bad as the now defunct Mervyns.

I tend to use outlet stores and buy name brand without the name brand price. Dockers $18-$21 from Costco. Also Costco jeans for $13 bucks. Yeah, they're not quite as durable or fashionable as Levi's, but they last and at $13 I don't mind if I destroy a pair now and again.

I like button fly 501's, but at $50 a toss, they are sort of dressy casual, not for mowing the lawn.

Yeah, I'm with you Ted. I always try to find something of at least medium quality, especially shoes. But then I'd never pay full retail. I like $100 shoes 50% off. I have enough old ones that look ugly, but are still wearable.

Target often has T-shirts for on sale for $4. Hard to beat that and they seem ok for quality.

My last purchase:

A new microwave. The last one was only about 18 months old and still looked new when it crapped out. Replaced it with a Sharp. I should have known better. Never buy Emerson anything.

2 microwaves and 4 years ago I had a Sharp that lasted 10 years. Maybe I'll get lucky this time. For $160, I'll be pissed if this one only lasts 2 years.
Old 10th September 2009, 01:41   #2388
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

My current nuker was bought when I got my first teaching job in 2001. It's a small, simple Kenmore, but it does the trick, so long as the item isn't more than 10 inches tall.

I just bought $27 in gasoline and a pair of Michelin wiper blades.

Old 10th September 2009, 10:51   #2389
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
I hate shopping for clothes so much that I bitch about poor quality when a garment only lasts 6 years. Since I'm almost exactly the same size as I when I was leaving the 7th grade (in 1991!), most of my clothes are quite old. Not necessarily that old, but because of this, I tend to look only for things I know will last a very, very long time.
I shop for my brother at Brooks Brothers He's college prof. I bought him a flannel shirt a million years ago. You'd have to take it outside and shoot it to kill it. It was beautiful then, it's beautiful now. For many years I has their Classic Camel Coat. It was a present from Van. It was long, heavy and warm. It looked great with everything. They have great sales.
Old 11th September 2009, 03:09   #2390
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

It really surprises me that Brooks Bro's makes flannel products outside of bathrobes, but so far I have learned to love that company. Good, good stuff. A bit pricey, but for good reason.

Old 11th September 2009, 06:10   #2391
rockouthippie
Banned

I wouldn't pay $80 for a cotton shirt no matter how good it was made. Wool on the other hand.... I've gone a buck and a half... a buck for linen... which is far better than cotton in every way....
Old 21st September 2009, 19:01   #2392
dlichterman
Forum King

Bought what I hope to be the last parts I need for the scion......mounting bracket stuff for my XM radio! Pics will come once I get it installed.

Old 22nd September 2009, 00:51   #2393
fc*uk

2005 Groth Reserve Cab x 3 (got em a third off!).
Old 22nd September 2009, 05:59   #2394
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Bought a 4-disk Matrix collection for under $10, as well as Jim Breuer's "Let's Clean The Air" Comedy Central special

Also picked up a tan BDU shirt at the Dixie Surplus

Old 26th September 2009, 13:19   #2395
! 4Tex

iPhone 3GS in italy ;-) Yippieeh
Old 27th September 2009, 06:01   #2396
rockouthippie
Banned

I bought a Hometics back massage chair cushion and neck massage pillow. It's giving me a good deal of pain when I use it. It's probably because I haven't had a massage in 5 years.

However after the ow! ouch! jeez! my muscles are massaged.

Not having a geisha, a sumo or Bridgette Nielsen to pry these muscles loose, I guess it's a good deal.
Old 3rd October 2009, 04:57   #2397
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I needed my scent back; So I got another bottle of the good-smellin' stuff...

Bought another replica katana at the flea market; This one, I'm going to sharpen with my dad's grinder

Negima vol. 21

Alice In Chains - When Black Gives Way To Blue (Fucking badass album, for any metalhead and/or AIC fan)

I also put $50 on a Target gift card so I could buy this Merona twill tan blazer jacket on the Target website...I can't wait for this to come in...

*African-American accessory sold separately*

Old 3rd October 2009, 10:20   #2398
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^*sick, don't ask*
Nice stuff, there MV.
Old 4th October 2009, 03:39   #2399
OutlawJim
Confused
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to OutlawJim Send a message via AIM to OutlawJim Send a message via Yahoo to OutlawJim
Well today I got a round of milkshakes for me and some friends, pre-ordered Uncharted 2, bought the latest Fallout DLC on the PSN and dinner! Strangely enough, I don't actually have my copy of Fallout at the moment, a friend borrowed it X3

Nobby:I have ADD.... Germ:No shit, Nobby? Nobody would have ever guessed.
Old 8th October 2009, 04:46   #2400
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I exchanged my Negima vol. 21 for vol. 23 after I found out that I had already bought vol. 21 and vol. 23 was the one I needed...DERP

Oh, and look what the good men driving the brown trucks delivered earlier today...

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions