Old 25th August 2008, 19:00   #1
HappyThug

Can I get Visualizations to work With Pandora?

Ok, I'm been going over the forums for an hour now. I want to use winamp visualizations for things not played by winamp, namely pandora. I have big poker night and have viz displayed on HD TV, but we are all getting sick of my playlist and would like to listen to something else outside of winamp, but its nice to have the Viz on the TV it really impresses guests.

I've read all the forums where it talks about hitting ctr+L and typing in linein:// I've tried that, I've tried every variation, it appears as "Line-In" in my volume countrol, I've tried "wave://", "What U Hear://", and "Playback://"

But no matter what I do when I open one of those, winamp just like plays it for a second and stops, its obvious its not taking imput from those sources. Is this just some kind of syntax error?

Please please please help.

BEN
HappyThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 23:47   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Read the guides again. They say nothing about opening a URL like "What U Hear://" in Winamp and everything about selecting the correct recording source in Windows' volume control or other application for your soundcard.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 00:11   #3
HappyThug

please more

Hey there i swear, that that whole ctr+L url stuff came up more than once during my search,

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=64973

see there, the first thing it says is to go ctr+l "linein://"

please elaborate on what you mean though or tell me where this link is you are speaking of. I appreciate your responce,

BEN
Old 26th August 2008, 00:20   #4
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Haven't you been reading the guides? Why are you asking for a link? http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=64973

The quick quide:
Select the correct recoding source and then open linein:// in Winamp.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 00:25   #5
HappyThug

Ok that is the guide I have been looking at. What do you mean correct recording source? The sound is comeing from the soundcard from the website and not line-in or the microphone or anything like that. Trying to open ctr+l and typing "linein://" doesn't do anything, It just acts like its playing for half a second and stops.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:47   #6
JonnyMac

Did you see, "CD & Linein Visualizations".

Pay specific attention to step #3, part 4). As suggested there, select something like "Stereo Mixer" (instead of "CD Player"/"Line-in"). Actual name will vary with your soundcard, you may see "Wave Out", "Stereo Out", "Mono Out" ,"What you hear", etc.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 01:49   #7
HappyThug

Ok I think I'm beginning to get it. So I select What U Hear in the volume controls under recording, but I still use the ctr+L "linein://" string? right?
Old 26th August 2008, 02:13   #8
JonnyMac

Yup
Old 26th August 2008, 02:52   #9
HappyThug

than you very much jonnymac, before I thought I was supposed to use ctr+l "wave://" or "what-u-hear://" so now that should help, as soon as I get home from work I'll find out, but appreciate your help.
Old 26th August 2008, 03:45   #10
HappyThug

Woot I finally got it working thanks to all the advice, I did have to uninstal and reinstal winamp, but now it does work. Thanks guys.
Old 25th February 2010, 17:36   #11
cprstn54

Pandora, Winamp, Win7 and visualizations

I am able to get Winamp visualizations to work with Pandora music under XP by using Play|URL|linein:// and by selecting "stereo mix" in Windows Recording Control.

However, under Windows 7, I am not given "Stereo Mix" as a recording device and nothing I select makes the Pandora music visible to Winamp. Anyone know how to do it?

Ken C
cprstn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 12:09   #12
cprstn54

Re: Pandora, Winamp, Win7 and visualizations

Quote:
Originally posted by cprstn54
I am able to get Winamp visualizations to work with Pandora music under XP by using Play|URL|linein:// and by selecting "stereo mix" in Windows Recording Control.

However, under Windows 7, I am not given "Stereo Mix" as a recording device and nothing I select makes the Pandora music visible to Winamp. Anyone know how to do it?

Ken C
Turns out this is an intractable problem caused by a willful failure of MS to provide a decent driver for on-board audio in Win7. Some suggest adding a sound card with drivers providing for "stereo Mix" or "What You Hear" pseudo devices.

I solved my problem by taking the audio output of my HDTV (driven by Volume Control Playback device for my ATI video card with HDMI) and wiring it to the line-in of my on-board audio, which I activated as my Recorder device. I set my Winamp input to LINEIN:// and attenuate the Line-In as necessary (10% works OK).

Now I get Winamp visualizations for Pandora audio on my HDTV.

Ken C
cprstn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 20:59   #13
JonnyMac

Maybe the following will be of help. The video speaks of Vista, but the same should apply in Win7...
YouTube: How to enable Stereo Mix in Vista and set devices

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 11th February 2011, 00:49   #14
MetaGarbold

So the issue that I'm having is that I have visualizations but they are unaffected by the music I'm playing on Pandora. Anyone got any ideas?
MetaGarbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 18:23   #15
xmas6000

wmp line in

I'm able to use wpm to control my Christmas lights, wile playing Pandora.

I'm having to use two computers to do this. On the comp. that is running WMP, you have to disable your NIC(network interface card), so that WMP is not able to look for licensing that does not exist. WMP will crash otherwise. When WMP is running type Ctrl=u this will open the open url window, then type file://1.lin, that is if your line in is on the #1 sound card. Now pipe in Pandora from another devise an wallah. I have a visualization that will control Light-O-Rama lighting cards. You will want to mute the WMP sound or you will get echoing. You will be able to control the intensity of the lights by using the line in control in the record section of your volume controls. I will be using this for our Halloween party as the house is covered in Halloween lights.
xmas6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 13:43   #16
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello everyone,
I have watched this tutorial in YouTube. But I don't find "Stereo Mix" in Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording... What goes wrong? I want to have also "Stereo Mix" there...
I have so much favourites on MySpace, SoundCloud, ReverbNation etc. (and also YouTube). I can play the most of these very nice tracks only on these plattforms and never on my harddrive...
This means, that not only Pandora is very interesting for these Visualizations (Milkdrop 2 of Winamp 5.5+ is the best of them), also the other music-plattforms, which I have mentioned...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:19   #17
Stupifier
Major Dude

Restarting computer after enabling "Stereo Mix" did it for me. Then I Just opened "Linein://". Cool Feature, surprising I had not thought to use Milkdrop viz with music outside Winamp.
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 20:29   #18
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have found "Stereo Mix" now in "Recording" after right-clicking in the white field and checking this "Show Disabled Devices". I have enabled it, and after my next rebooting my favourites in the music-plattforms are waiting for me...
Old 14th November 2011, 08:22   #19
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I didn't need a rebooting, I had just set "Stereo Mix" to "As Standard", and the running sound-loops from a music-profile began to come through Winamp... Milkdrop 2 works very fine with it, I have tested it on many websites and with my MAGIX Music Maker 17 Premium (with a very nice demosong)... I just wanted to tell You these news...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support