Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 31st October 2011, 08:19   #881
TheSaw

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
I am testing this build. Will update translation and test it with localised Winamp.
I hope everything is alright and there will be no more resource changes.
Will let you know tomorrow. You didn't change installer version yet (to 2.0).
-Pawel
No resource changes, and I will update the installer ... later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Did the max thumbnail height change? It doesn't fit everything like it used to on my system..

One thing I've noticed is Shrink will clip text when it doesn't need to (when it's off the full line displays fine).

Also I'd like to suggest removing the vertical scroll bar in the Text tab when it's not needed (which would be most of the time since you can't fit more lines than shown on the thumbnail at a legible size).

Really though, everything looks great!
Hm, I don't think it changed... at least I haven't done anything, just the icons recently.
I'll try the shrink thingy also.
Vertical scroll bar will stay, because with this MS bullshit it's just too much of a hassle to make it auto-disappear. Yeah, I know, it pissed me off too.

--

There are also some bugs with custom DPI settings... whenever it's not on 100%, the thumbnail won't show. So I will try to fix that also... bleh Thought I won't bump into things like this.

Winamp integration plug-in with Windows 7

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

TheSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:03   #882
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
No resource changes is a good information, as I already added the language file for the plugin for my updated extended languagepack

Plugin works very nice.
Ps: One more thing: Plugin displays informations about new version available. I hope it will disappear, as I already use the newest one...
-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 09:25   #883
TheSaw

It displays the new update because the version on the server is different from the one you're using (I didn't check if it's newer or older). It will go away when I update the server version. If I update it now, everyone else who's using the old one will get the new version notification, but there is no new version.

If you like this plug-in, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake to work more on it?

Old 31st October 2011, 10:09   #884
Pawel

ok, right
Old 31st October 2011, 16:53   #885
osmosis
Major Dude

Hmm maybe the height thing is because I got a new screen and I hadn't noticed. IIRC the max tab height is a function of the resolution and aspect ratio and I went from 4:3 to 16:9. Pity that means I can't fit as much even though I have more screen real estate! Silly Microsoft again..

Here's my setup:

HTML Code:
%c%%l%%s%%curpl% of %totalpl%. 
%c%%l%%s%%title%
%c%%l%%s%%artist%
%c%%l%%s%%album%
%c%%l%%s%%year%

%f%%c%%l%%s%%curtime%/%totaltime%
%f%%c%%l%%s%%d%Track #: %track%        Volume: %volume%%
I have the font set to Segoe UI, 5pt. The blank line is at 5pt wheras the rest ends up being more like 8 due to the %l% tag. That was a trick I used to still have a gap, but not waste space (also why I was asking for a "smaller" tag ). Would it still be possible to get a %sm% before 2.0 final? Making the blank line smaller than 5pt I might be able to fit everything I want in still.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.

Last edited by osmosis; 31st October 2011 at 17:08. Reason: %l% and font size actually do work fine.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 19:21   #886
TheSaw

Pawel, can I ask you a favor? Could you write a short tutorial on how to create translations for the "new" system?

Old 31st October 2011, 19:31   #887
DrO

something like...
Quote:
Edit the lng file in any resource editor, such as Restorator, Resource Hacker (ResHack), or Visual Studio 2003/2008, etc.

Note that with some editors, you might have to rename the .LNG files to .DLL first
for them to load properly.

When done, repack the file back into the .wlz, and you're done.
-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 20:12   #888
Pawel

Yup, I can do this.
Short tutorial is something like DrO wrote above :P
I can write some more text, with some screenshots (for newbies), but I can start working on it on Wednesday or later...
-Pawel
Old 31st October 2011, 21:46   #889
TheSaw

Well not much longer, but just something to put on the wiki, if anyone wants to. (someone already asked, and it would be easier to just point them there)

Old 31st October 2011, 21:48   #890
DrO

there's not much to say other than edit in a resource editor - the only thing is that unless it's used as part of a language pack then it won't be used by the plug-in since Winamp won't know about it.

-daz
Old 31st October 2011, 22:08   #891
DrO

is there a reason for always installing the example lng file in the plug-ins directory? (just noticed it was there from earlier)

as it seems a bit excessive to do that when most people aren't going to even need it since it has to be shipped in a lang pack (or manually copied into an existing lang pack), or at least make it optional (defaulted to not be installed) as too much stuff gets dumped in the plug-ins directory without lng files filling it up as well.

-daz
Old 1st November 2011, 07:28   #892
TheSaw

Makes sense. I'll remove it.

Old 8th November 2011, 21:50   #893
DrO

is anyone else seeing a possible resource leak whilst using this? as the 'handles' count keeps going up on track change and i'm only able to reproduce it with this plug-in present. as i've even gone as far as removing all other gen plug-ins and it still happens.

only noticed it whilst trying to track down a resource leak in the SHOUTcast DSP which persisted even after removing the DSP. or am i just imagining things?

-daz
Old 9th November 2011, 16:44   #894
TheSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
is anyone else seeing a possible resource leak whilst using this? as the 'handles' count keeps going up on track change and i'm only able to reproduce it with this plug-in present. as i've even gone as far as removing all other gen plug-ins and it still happens.

only noticed it whilst trying to track down a resource leak in the SHOUTcast DSP which persisted even after removing the DSP. or am i just imagining things?

-daz
Confirmed. Fuck.

Old 9th November 2011, 17:10   #895
DrO

not great for you but good to know it's not me loosing it (more than normal). as i did try messing around with the image settings but that didn't seem to change anything though maybe it's something to do with grabbing artwork or something else (trying to think what it might be that would be grabbed on a track change that could then not be released).

-daz
Old 9th November 2011, 17:12   #896
TheSaw

Quote:
not great for you but good to know it's not me loosing it (more than normal). as i did try messing around with the image settings but that didn't seem to change anything though maybe it's something to do with grabbing artwork or something else (trying to think what it might be that would be grabbed on a track change that could then not be released).

-daz
Found it thanks for reporting it!

For the curious ones: it was in the __CreateShellLink() function, line 269:

code:
hr = psl->QueryInterface(IID_PPV_ARGS(ppsl));

This returned a pointer, which I used outside the function, and forgot to release the COM interface.

Old 9th November 2011, 18:25   #897
lostinsound

Thanks for the update. Although I've installed the newest version and I'm still getting this bug I reported earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinsound View Post
I'm using the latest build (Alpha build 9) and found a bug. I took the last line of the default text:

%c%%s%Track #: %track% Volume: %volume%%

and moved it so it's the first line and winamp crashed. Turns out the problem is the extra % sign at the end of the line. If I remove that it works fine. In fact if any line other than the last one ends with an extra % sign it crashes.
You replied saying it was fixed but it's still happening for me. The percent sign at the end of any line but the the last line causes winamp to crash when I mouse over the winamp icon in the task bar. Having it at the end of the last line like the default works fine. Can anyone else confirm this?
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 11:10   #898
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
Found it thanks for reporting it!

For the curious ones: it was in the __CreateShellLink() function, line 269:

code:
hr = psl->QueryInterface(IID_PPV_ARGS(ppsl));

This returned a pointer, which I used outside the function, and forgot to release the COM interface.

That's good you've found it. Though am i having a dumb moment but cannot see a download link for it on the site (as the dropbox link still seems to be the earlier 2.0 download - which as a note mentioned 1.14 during parts of the setup process).

-daz
Old 10th November 2011, 16:12   #899
TheSaw

Quote:
That's good you've found it. Though am i having a dumb moment but cannot see a download link for it on the site (as the dropbox link still seems to be the earlier 2.0 download - which as a note mentioned 1.14 during parts of the setup process).

-daz
Yeah, I didn't upload it. I was in a hurry, as am I now. Here's the .dll
I keep delaying the release because of the custom DPI incompatibility, but I just don't have enough time to fix it. Can't figure it out why it doesn't like some DPI settings, and obviously MS has no info on this. Meh.

Old 10th November 2011, 16:21   #900
DrO

well as some sort of compensation you'll be happy the resource leak is now gone for me with that version.

-daz
Old 14th November 2011, 18:49   #901
TheSaw

Ok... let's hope all goes well. No more waiting.

win7shell v 2.0 online!

[Download]

(DrO, can you change the topic title also, please? )

Old 14th November 2011, 19:00   #902
Pawel

Done.
Thanks for final version!
-Pawel

Ps: I promised to write some text about translations... I will do this. Need to find time. For sure this week.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:24   #903
DrO

seems i got out modded by pawel

one less 'beta' plug-in in my install, only 5 more to go, heh

-daz
Old 15th November 2011, 00:26   #904
osmosis
Major Dude

Congrats!

Old 15th November 2011, 14:55   #905
Vinilocura

Hi from Spain!

Does anyone know how to get rid of that black box?

Thanks!

Vinilocura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 15:12   #906
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
The outline thing in your screenshot also seems random, but I found if you click with Winamp icon to minimize and then again to restore the outline goes away.

Old 15th November 2011, 17:09   #907
Vinilocura

Thanks thanks thanks! Very easy!
Vinilocura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 03:14   #908
rovama

My Winamp (v5.622) could not even start anymore after installing this latest version 2.0, it just crashed over and over again. I had to go back to v1.13

Anyone else having the same issue?
rovama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 03:32   #909
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovama View Post
My Winamp (v5.622) could not even start anymore after installing this latest version 2.0, it just crashed over and over again. I had to go back to v1.13

Anyone else having the same issue?
My guess is you have a corrupt Recent/Frequent/Jumplist file. Go to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations, sort by Date modified, and delete the one that gets altered when you change something in Winamp's Jumplist using 1.13, then try 2.0 again.

Old 16th November 2011, 05:00   #910
rovama

Quote:
My guess is you have a corrupt Recent/Frequent/Jumplist file. Go to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations, sort by Date modified, and delete the one that gets altered when you change something in Winamp's Jumplist using 1.13, then try 2.0 again.
That didn't do the trick. The solution was to uninstall Joonas' Drag 'n drop v2.1 plugin... Grrrr! Compatibility issues ??
rovama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 10:27   #911
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovama View Post
The solution was to uninstall Joonas' Drag 'n drop v2.1 plugin... Grrrr! Compatibility issues ??
that plug-in is known to cause issues like you've seen mainly on newer Winamp releases. without an update for it to fix those issues, you're going to have to decide which plug-in you want the most (with the DnD one seeming to be unsupported now).

-daz
Old 16th November 2011, 16:28   #912
TheSaw

The thing is more people have reported a crash on startup, but I can't reproduce it. I expected this to happen, working flawlessly on several tested computers, breaks on all other.

Wonder if other have the mentioned plug-in installed.

Old 16th November 2011, 16:34   #913
DrO

easiest way is to get them to provide a plug-ins list (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins) and see what's also installed in their install.

though there's been people reporting issues which relate to the DnD plug-in for some time now (i know i added in a workaround for one thing it broke in one of my plug-ins back in 2009 so it's not new that it can crash things, etc).

-daz
Old 16th November 2011, 23:29   #914
osmosis
Major Dude

Would settings from an older version be able to cause this as well? I seem to remember some trouble during testing.

Old 13th December 2011, 10:21   #915
Nullpersona

First of all, thank you.

I read the first 10 or so pages of this thread, and enjoyed following the development of this handy add-on.

Keep up the great work, all of you!

Cheers!
Nullpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 19:02   #916
snkcube

Hi, I encountered a problem with the plugin. Whenever I enable "Use icon overlays to show player status", the feature would work in current session, but not after I close Winamp and start a new session. The icons disappear and I would need to re-enable it again. This happens with the current and previous versions of Winamp.
snkcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 19:09   #917
osmosis
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkcube View Post
Hi, I encountered a problem with the plugin. Whenever I enable "Use icon overlays to show player status", the feature would work in current session, but not after I close Winamp and start a new session. The icons disappear and I would need to re-enable it again. This happens with the current and previous versions of Winamp.
Reproduced. Not sure how we missed that one! I generally just "Use progressbar to show player status" with "Indeterminate" checked and "Error" unchecked. Does the trick nicely.

Old 14th December 2011, 03:49   #918
snkcube

A quick update on the problem. The icons do reappear in the new session if I play a song. Other than that, it's the same problem as before.
snkcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 18:30   #919
osmosis
Major Dude

Damn, we forgot "Disc #"!

Old 28th July 2012, 16:31   #920
iron2000

I'm having an error which says "Unable to Initialize Windows 7 Taskbar interface".
Winamp then crash with the following problem details:
code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winamp.exe
Application Version: 5.6.3.3235
Application Timestamp: 4fec7b3e
Fault Module Name: gen_win7shell.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec156a8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004ccc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Tried deleting the the settings ini file but doesn't work.

Using plugin version 2.0 with Winamp 5.63.

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion