Old 28th September 2002, 12:52   #121
Robouk

Hey, excellent progress, how can I make my own colour scheme?
Robouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 13:24   #122
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Robouk
Hey, excellent progress, how can I make my own colour scheme?
Robouk, I figured you of all people around here would have the color schemes down! In any case, here's detailed instructions for those who are interested, and it's pretty easy:
[list=1][*]Rename Mercury_09_27_2002.wal to Mercury_09_27_2002.zip and extract it to a new folder in the Winamp skins directory. You'll want to name the folder something different than the file name so that you don't get 2 skin entries with the same name in Winamp. So now you have the contents of the zip file in a path like c:\program files\winamp3\skins\mercury_edit\
[*]From the new Mercury folder, go to into the XML folder and open the file "gamma-presets.xml" in some type of text editor. Once you look at the file, it should start to make sense.
[*]From this file, copy the <gammaset id="Silver">...</gammaset> section and paste it back in somewhere in the file and change the ID, this will be the name of your color scheme. Use something like id="Whatever You Call Your Theme - Your Name".
[*]The <gammagroup> elements all have ID's that specify which part of the skin it will colorize, I think it should be self-explanatory what the groups are. The VALUE element expects a gamma adjustment value in RGB order. The number can range from -4964 to 4964. 0 is the original color, lower numbers subtract that color, higher numbers add the color. Once you play around with the numbers, it really does start to make sense. There's 2 other attributes, GRAY is a 1 or 0 value and I think applies the RGB value to a desaturated version of the gammagroup, but I might be wrong about this. BOOST accepts a 1 or 0 and brightens up the gammagroup, again, not sure about the specifics on this attribute.
[*]When you want to try out the scheme, save the file, make sure Winamp is using the right skin (should be the name of the folder you created when you extracted the skin), and then reload the skin (F5). Go to Preferences > Color Themes, and it should be there. You will have to reload the skin everytime to see changes you have made in the color theme file.[/list=1]

So that's about all you need to know. If you make one you would like included, just send me an email or PM with the <gammaset id="Whatever You Call Your Theme - Your Name">...</gammaset> section you made.

Let me know if I wasn't clear enough on any part of these instructions or if there are any problems, otherwise, good luck and thanks!
rpeterclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 13:32   #123
Robouk

Thanks for the explanation, was clear enough...
I'll give it a go..
Old 28th September 2002, 13:34   #124
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I like the color themes, except for maybe walkman and hot rod which might need some more work (they're not ugly though), but the other presets are really good imho..

about the pause timer thingy, I believe it's because of the fades if you're using Peter's directsound component, it's set to fade out when pressing pause, which will ofcourse make the song continue a couple of seconds..

keep up the good work

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 13:43   #125
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by ThePlague
about the pause timer thingy, I believe it's because of the fades if you're using Peter's directsound component, it's set to fade out when pressing pause, which will ofcourse make the song continue a couple of seconds..
I don't think it is that because I actually have DirectSound disabled (doesn't sound as good imo), and pausing just cuts off the song. The fuzzy behavior of the timer has never really bothered me though, I just figured it was one of those things that will get fixed someday.
Old 28th September 2002, 14:20   #126
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
The Black Plastic colour theme is great, thanks.

A little suggestion for the skin: Could you please make a winshade mode for the PL as well?(a la Winamp2's PL winshade mode)
YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 20:43   #127
Robouk

Hey Peter, here is my colour theme, hope you like it!
I would have done a lil' more with the screen but you cant colour the text :/
anyhow here it is:

Gamma code:
<gammaset id="Cool Blue">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="-1088,-96,864" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="-2112,-832,320" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="576,576,576" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="576,576,576" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonGrooves" value="-2944,-2304,-1728" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="-3712,-3008,-2368" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>

=)
Old 28th September 2002, 21:05   #128
D&B
Banned

thats cool robouk
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 21:14   #129
Drex

Send a message via AIM to Drex
Ooh, I like that. ^_^

This release is great - I love the customization of the LCD opacity and the volume buttons. Very convenient. You just keep surprising us.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 21:33   #130
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

very nice color theme Robouk!

this is turning out to be a really nice skin, make some killer components gfx and this is a sure winner!

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 21:42   #131
Robouk

cheers theplague...
I agree, I wasnt overly struck on it at first but im begining to love it =)
Its very usable and also like the configeration, well done peter =)
Old 28th September 2002, 21:58   #132
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

That is quite sweet Robouk! It's in there! I'll be releasing an updated version once again in the next few days and it will be included. Awesome work!
Old 28th September 2002, 22:01   #133
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

And Robouk, what's up with the text in the LCD in your screenshot? It doesn't look like that all of the time for you, does it?
Old 28th September 2002, 22:06   #134
Robouk

cool
no something went wrong, I restarted WA and its fine now.. hasnt happend again and no idea why
Old 28th September 2002, 22:15   #135
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Robouk, were you changing font sizes recently? For some reason, when you increase the font size("CTRL" + "+"), some things(like the tickers) shrink down to a ridiculous size. I have no idea what causes it, nor how to fix it w/o restarting winamp(or perhaps changing skins). Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know it wasn't the skin or anything.
~FrisbeeMonkey
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 22:17   #136
Robouk

oh yeah, that messed it up again....
anyway, great skin
Old 28th September 2002, 23:05   #137
Roberto Cuellar

Thumbs up Color Theme

Why the minimize, close and shade button don't have gammagroup???
any way here is my theme:
<gammaset id="Blue Lite">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="-1500,-1000,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="0,0,2000" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="0,-0,-0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="1500,-1000,-1000" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="-1000,0,1100" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonGrooves" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="1500,-1000,-1000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue lite.jpg (76.3 KB, 255 views)
Roberto Cuellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 00:53   #138
epidemic88

Send a message via ICQ to epidemic88 Send a message via AIM to epidemic88 Send a message via Yahoo to epidemic88
bug

the same bug that SNYder found is still in there but on the other side of the skin now if you leave it with the thinger scrolled over so they all go to the right and click outside the lcd on the skin you get things opening up
epidemic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 02:06   #139
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Roberto Cuellar, thanks for the theme! It'll be included in the next update. Honestly, the window control buttons was an oversight. When I put up an updated version there will be a gammagroup for those elements and you can send a revision to your theme if you like. Thanks again!
Old 29th September 2002, 02:12   #140
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Re: bug

Quote:
Originally posted by epidemic88
the same bug that SNYder found is still in there but on the other side of the skin now if you leave it with the thinger scrolled over so they all go to the right and click outside the lcd on the skin you get things opening up
You would think that I would have tested that after fixing the bug that SNYder found, but I guess I did not! Thanks for finding it and it will be fixed in the next update.
Old 29th September 2002, 02:52   #141
Nevex

I think the buttons need to be glassy.
Nevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 03:51   #142
SNYder
Forum King

IMHO I think the tabs in the main window take just a little too long to display. Yes it looks visually perfect, but funcionaly, it is kind of annoying waiting.

If you could SOMEHOW get the time down a bit, more like .5 sec to .7 sec, I think it would be better overall. Right now I think it is about 1 second for the normal tabs and 2 seconds for the EQ tab.

p.s. you got rid of the glass over the main window? without it the contrast of everything in the main window look much higher. Which subsequently makes everything NOT in the main display window look like it is too low on contrast. If you are gonna leave out the glass for good, think about either making the display window have less contrast or have the outlying areas of the skin have more.
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 04:10   #143
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

SNYder, you are full of good ideas. How about another option on the configuration panel for the tab animation speed? Now that it has been brought up, I think it is a good idea.

Also, the glass disappearing is another bug you have found. That's 2 for you! You can adjust the opacity of the glass in the configuration, but I accidentally set the default alpha value to 0 (which is completely clear). I'm not crazy about the way it looks without the glass either, but it gives people the option.

Another option which is going to be in the next update let's you select the default tab that appears when the skin loads.

I have to say, I'm getting pretty excited about this skin. It's really turning out to be extremely customizable and should satisfy a lot of peoples individual preferences.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 29th September 2002, 04:18   #144
shznyt

You've got to hand it to rpeterclark for not only producing such a great skin, but for creating such a feel-good happy vibe in these forums. After all the fighting that has been going around, I think it's awesome how well he takes suggestions and is including everyone's gammasets. Bravo rpeterclark!
shznyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 17:41   #145
SNYder
Forum King

I totaly agree! YAY FOR RPETERCLARK!

Quote:
Originally posted by rpeterclark
I have to say, I'm getting pretty excited about this skin. It's really turning out to be extremely customizable and should satisfy a lot of peoples individual preferences.
agreed. I think this skin is like a more pactical and less intrusive BOOM! skin. IMHO, Boom was so over done both in size, buttons and complexity that it made it overly intrusive to the user. So it was just not realistic to use it as your default, use it everyday, skin.

That's just how I felt about it. I'm not bashing Adil though. The skin itself was an outstanding skin, but IMHO was too intrusive and complex.

But this skin. It looks beautiful. It's size is good. It has the thinger and eq in awsome little tabs! It down right practical!!! I love it!

Last edited by SNYder; 29th September 2002 at 17:58.
Old 29th September 2002, 17:55   #146
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Exclamation Updated BETA!

Yes, another updated Beta is available. Here's the download:

Mercury_09-29-2002.wal (237KB)

Here's the changes:
  • Tabs now animate on loading.
  • You can select the default tab that appears on top from the configure panel. It uses a modified wasabi dropdown, which I am particulary proud of since I had to figure it out on my own!
  • You can adjust the tab animation speed on the configure panel.
  • Skin now includes color themes by Robouk and Roberto Cuellar.
  • The window control buttons now have thier own gammagroup.
  • The Seek bar on the LCD now has it's own gammagroup.
  • Misc tweaks/optimizations to the scripts.
  • [edit]The playlist editor now behaves a little smarter, it remembers the playlist you last had open and the position of the popper.[/edit]

One thing I have not been able to figure out how to fix is the bug where you can click through to the thinger on the right side. I've tried a few things, but no good. I think it'll be one of those things I'll just have to live with. If anyone digs around in the XML, you'll see what I was trying to do, and if you have any ideas, please let me know.

If anyone wants to update the gammasets they've sent in with the new gammagroups, please do so, but personally I think the 2 new themes looks just great as they are now.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, if you downloaded the previous beta and the glass is gone over the LCD screen, go into the configure panel and adjust the opacity back to where you want it. This new beta will preserve any of the settings you've specified so far.

Thanks again for everyones feedback and suggestions. Now that this configure panel is complete (for now), I will finally try to move on to skinning some more. Let me know if you have any problems!

Last edited by rpeterclark; 29th September 2002 at 19:41.
Old 29th September 2002, 18:00   #147
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

shznyt, SNYder: Thank you, thank you! I really do believe that keeping a positive tone and accepting contructive criticism are the key to doing good work.

You can bet that when this skin is released there's going to be a big thanks in the skin somewhere to a few specified names, and the forum in general for helping this skin completely kick ass.
Old 29th September 2002, 18:11   #148
Roberto Cuellar

Exclamation Maybe a bug report!!!

First say that i can't wait to the final release of mercury and thank you for includin' my theme(I'll be posting un update of it with the new gammagroups soon). When i first started the new beta the tabs didn't animate i had to open de configuration window select a default tab and reload the skin. Keep making fantastic skins.
Old 29th September 2002, 18:14   #149
Drex

Send a message via AIM to Drex
This thing just keeps getting better! Never have I been so satisfied with a beta skin, and this without a shade mode yet. Thanks for releasing another beta and keeping us informed - I really think it helps for the community to see what they're getting and influence the final outcome a bit before the final release. And the customizations are just great - useful, aesthetic, and resource-friendly. What more can we ask for?
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 18:15   #150
Hawk

Thumbs up

This is going to be a great skin. I am impressed!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 18:32   #151
SNYder
Forum King

I have a few note/suggestions... some of which I may have a hard time explaining.

1) Moving the tab animation speed slighlty to the left, even something as small as moving it to .48 seconds, makes the tabs go MUCH faster. What's up with that?

2) I'd say reduce the ammount of time you have to hold the volume buttons down before it starts scrolling automatically. Something around 3/4 the time it is now. I just get the feeling it waits a too long to react.

3) Make the Volume button rate 2% by default. It takes way too long to get the volume for 0 to 100 when holding the volume button down when the volume rate is at 1%.
Old 29th September 2002, 18:35   #152
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rpeterclark
shznyt, SNYder: Thank you, thank you! I really do believe that keeping a positive tone and accepting contructive criticism are the key to doing good work.
totaly the right way to go about something like this! In the end, it will only make the skin better. But don't forget to also think about the suggestions you get, as in, just cause I suggest something doesn't mean you should do it. Mabey I am not seeing what you are seeing in something. If you disagree with something I suggest, say so and we'll discuss it. Then hopefully others will chime in too and give their opinions. We'll be able to come to a better overall decission that way.
Old 29th September 2002, 19:20   #153
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Re: Maybe a bug report!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto Cuellar
...When i first started the new beta the tabs didn't animate i had to open de configuration window select a default tab and reload the skin.
Has this happened to anyone else? I cannot duplicate it.
Old 29th September 2002, 19:39   #154
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by SNYder
I have a few note/suggestions... some of which I may have a hard time explaining.

1) Moving the tab animation speed slighlty to the left, even something as small as moving it to .48 seconds, makes the tabs go MUCH faster. What's up with that?

2) I'd say reduce the ammount of time you have to hold the volume buttons down before it starts scrolling automatically. Something around 3/4 the time it is now. I just get the feeling it waits a too long to react.

3) Make the Volume button rate 2% by default. It takes way too long to get the volume for 0 to 100 when holding the volume button down when the volume rate is at 1%.
I'll address these 1 at a time:[list=1][*]I definately see what you mean about the animation speed. It doesn't seem quite that drastic to me, but the change is significant. However, I don't think there's much I can do about it, basically I give Winamp the speed number and it animates it however it sees fit. Maybe it will change in future versions of Winamp. One slight change I just made to this slider is the scale now only goes up to 1 second, 2 was just too high.[*]Another good suggestion. I've pretty much removed the delay since there is no real point to having it at all.[*]I'm going to leave it at 3%. It's my personal preference and it's easy enough for anyone to change. Especially with the delay removed now on the autorepeat buttons, the time from 0 to 100% is about 1 second, which I think is reasonable.[/list=1]

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Old 29th September 2002, 19:55   #155
shznyt

Here's my contribution, inspired by my Logitech speaker control unit.

<gammaset id="Night">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="-2500,-2500,-2500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="-50,-50,500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="-900,-900,-900" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="-1500,-1500,-1500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="-400,-400,-400" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDSeek" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="-1000,-1000,-1000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="-1500,-1500,-1500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="WindowControlButtons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>
Attached Images
File Type: png night.png (46.1 KB, 241 views)
shznyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 19:58   #156
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

shznyt, me like! A lot! It will be in the next update. Thanks!
Old 29th September 2002, 21:28   #157
Roberto Cuellar

Theme Update

Heres the update of Blue Lite whit new gammagroups
<gammaset id="Blue Lite - by Roberto Cuellar">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="-1500,-1000,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="0,0,2000" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="0,-0,-0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="1500,-1000,-1000" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="-1000,0,1100" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDSeek" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="1500,-1000,-1000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="WindowControlButtons" value="-1500,-1000,1750" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>

As Mercury s the closest planet to the sun here is my new theme "Mercury"
<gammaset id="Mercury">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="4500,0,-2500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="4500,0,-2500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="4500,0,-2500" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDSeek" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonGrooves" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="WindowControlButtons" value="4500,0,-2000" gray="0" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mercury.jpg (19.2 KB, 220 views)
Old 29th September 2002, 21:35   #158
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

Roberto, thanks for the update and the new theme, it's looks too hot to touch! I really like it! However, I don't want you to call it Mercury. I mean no offense, but I don't want any of the color themes to have the same name as the skin. If you could come up with a new name I'll definately include this theme. How about something like "Fireball" or "Too close to the Sun"?
Old 29th September 2002, 21:50   #159
RandomCarpet

away for a while and Mercury is getting even better and better

congratulations rpeterclark!

i applied a new paint on it, it has a life-time anti-rust warranty
hope u like it

<gammaset id="DeepBreath">
<gammagroup id="Case" value="200,100,1812" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Grip" value="3500,1100,3712" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDGlass" value="2500,1100,3712" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground" value="-800,-500,712" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDBackground2" value="-1300,-1000,-512" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="LCDButtons" value="-500,-100,512" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonGrooves" value="100,-300,412" gray="1" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="ButtonIcons" value="-100,-300,512" gray="0" boost="0"/>
<gammagroup id="Buttons" value="900,700,2220" gray="1" boost="0"/>
</gammaset>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deepbreath.jpg (30.2 KB, 292 views)
RandomCarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 21:53   #160
rpeterclark
Major Dude
(Reviewer)

RandomeiCarpit, oh yeah! I like it! It is included.

I have to say, the color themes you guys have been sending in are simply awesome! I never expected to get this kind of quality. Keep it up!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins