Old 28th October 2004, 15:11   #201
Wombert

That's awesome news, iPlayTheSpoons, thank you very much for informing us of what's going on. Continue to work on it whenever you have the time to do so. We all really appreciate the great effort you have put into creating this skin, and we all are eager to see a final version, but I believe everyone here can bring up the necessary patience Thanks again and Good Speed on your studies!
Wombert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 05:02   #202
hazarrd

That's the only skin I have . Deleted the rest. iPlayTheSpoons, thank you very much for all your hard work. I have a busy semester too, so I feel your pain. Good luck with your studies.
hazarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:04   #203
Nubile Bunny

Send a message via ICQ to Nubile Bunny Send a message via AIM to Nubile Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Nubile Bunny
Indeed, thanks for the update. Good luck with school and hopefully we'll be able to see this finished during your break!

~ Nubile Bunny

"You are not your grande latte...You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." ~ Tyler Durden
Nubile Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:09   #204
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I don't study and don't feel your pain, but do finnish the skin, ok? It looks to me time is running out to get it eventually included in the winamp client, especially with the latest developments at Nullsoft.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2004, 14:00   #205
saivert
Banned

Yes yes! Let the man work without interruption. Maybe it then will be finished till x-mas, so I can put it under the tree! :-)
saivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2004, 22:01   #206
Nubile Bunny

Send a message via ICQ to Nubile Bunny Send a message via AIM to Nubile Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Nubile Bunny
Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
I don't study and don't feel your pain, but do finnish the skin, ok? It looks to me time is running out to get it eventually included in the winamp client, especially with the latest developments at Nullsoft.
What developments at Nullsoft?

~ Nubile Bunny

"You are not your grande latte...You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." ~ Tyler Durden
Old 4th November 2004, 07:41   #207
saivert
Banned

Yeah! Nullsoft has explicitely told the world that they are going to slow down on the development of the Winamp Media Playback and management software. They just got to rest now okay. And I feel the pain of iPlayTheSpoons too. He got to have some rest, man! Peace out...
Old 4th November 2004, 17:24   #208
dkordik

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138565

^ check out the this plugin that places album art from the mp3 tag into the video window. It works beautifully with the single UI skin.

On that note, I'd like to request that you make the separator between Video window and the playlist adjustable instead of just collapsable.

Keep up the amazing skin.
dkordik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 18:01   #209
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
i'm using this skin now. freakin' awsome. keep up the good work iplay...

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 21:26   #210
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i noticed that when the song changes(especially when listening to shoutcast) or when i press "next" the ML and the playlist do some sort of a flickering type of thing. is that a bug or is it supposed to do that? either way it's kind of annoying. and when i press play or next from my keyboard(hotkeys) the whole skin comes up which is also annoying. i still think this skin is awsome despite a couple of bugs/annoyances.

There is no sig.
Old 5th November 2004, 13:26   #211
Wombert

deeder, open the video/vis section, and the bug will disappear
Wombert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 16:20   #212
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

sweet. thanks.

There is no sig.
Old 7th November 2004, 23:30   #213
jaffoon

Trying to download the beta copy but website not responding, any other links guys?
jaffoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 22:38   #214
jojo 544
Major Dude

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/easy...GUI-10005.wal?

I think was the latest beta, posted on 8/5/2004

*sigh (still) under construction*
jojo 544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 18:56   #215
jaffoon

Thats a dead link
jaffoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 19:36   #216
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

no it's not.

There is no sig.
Old 19th November 2004, 13:39   #217
Artist 3D

Thumbs up

This skin is amazing! I havn't seen any bugs yet... except there's this one problem (not that I do care about it so much), but those AVS effects don't play in the video window, but somewhere else... not clear what da heck is going on there...

-edit-

Oh, no, and I opened my mouth... There are planty of bugs when it's about video and open windows... I mean... Well... about the video I just don't know where to start from, but it doesn't work well at all... About the open windows, i talk about the equalizer (for example). I close it with its X button, and it doesn't take off the V check from the menu... as if it's still open...

Well, keep on the good work, I say... I know how much pain in the ass is this. It's a good start though.
Artist 3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2004, 07:33   #218
saivert
Banned

A better host for this skin ???

I would be happy to host this skin so people dont have to wait for the (possibly overloaded) servers at AngelFire to wake up and smell the coffee. I hate AngelFire. It's almost the same as Tripod (both services owned by Lycos) which banned me for several months after a bug in my CSS (stylesheet) or SSI tags prevented the Ads on the page from showing. Hey I didn't even know since I used a different browser which this bug didn't show up on. F*** lame azz Lycos. H*** on earth!!!
Old 11th December 2004, 17:47   #219
Nubile Bunny

Bumpity bump bump

Any progress on this?

Old 11th December 2004, 18:18   #220
jojo 544
Major Dude

Re: Winamp 5 Single UI

To all who are still waiting for the final release of this skin:

First post in this threat by steve :
Quote:
Originally posted by steve
Hey Guys,

I spent some time mocking up a version of the Winamp skin that's a single UI, i.e. no separate Windows.

Anyway, we'd love to have anyone in the community who has the time to actually build this skin.

Here's are some mocks of what the skin would look like.

http://www.cockos.com/~steve/photos/...ibrarymode.png
http://www.cockos.com/~steve/photos/...deovismode.png

Any takers?
So I play the spoons did some intressting work, but ...
Make your own conclusions
Old 11th December 2004, 18:43   #221
Artist 3D

Looking at LibraryMode I think, it'll look better if the main part (the time slider and the play/pause/forward etc. buttons) will be under the playlist only or between on the video view, and by that you give more space to the media library part, and only when the video view takes the whole space, then it'll be that long.

I AM the conscience, though I'm not sure if i'm zero or infinity...
Old 11th December 2004, 20:58   #222
jojo 544
Major Dude

I've posted a screenshot with control buttons and slider ON TOP earlier, but i don't think there will be any changes in the next 5 years from how it is now

Old 11th December 2004, 22:41   #223
Artist 3D

The point is not weither it's up or down but weither it takes the whole screen length or only part of it (video screen length.)

Old 12th December 2004, 00:35   #224
jsrlepage

okay. i'm a noob to these forums, but i might as well ask anyway.

does anyone know how to disable the focus request of this skin? remember the complete redraw and "setfocus" or something?
jsrlepage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 16:12   #225
sharifsucks

can anyone tell me how to use custom colors on this skin? i tried somebody's sugestion at : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....64#post1400564

but it didnt seem to work

thanks
sharifsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 19:35   #226
inthegray
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to inthegray
maybe someone with the free time can get in contact with spoons, convince him to hand over some files, and take over the project?
inthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 19:40   #227
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by sharifsucks
can anyone tell me how to use custom colors on this skin? i tried somebody's sugestion at : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....64#post1400564

but it didnt seem to work

thanks
You have to change the name ie. replace Winamp_5_single_UI with SingleGUI-10005 for them to work with the latest version.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2004, 02:30   #228
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to iPlayTheSpoons
Quote:
Originally posted by inthegray
maybe someone with the free time can get in contact with spoons, convince him to hand over some files, and take over the project?
if someone was so inclined, they have the source for the one maki script ive writen for this skin included in every beta so far. the only thing theyd get from me is a more done version of it.

now, as i have said 50 fucking times, this project is not dead, and im planning on resuming work on it once winter break starts next week. i highly doubt most of the people bitching for updates are readily capable of finishing it (ey, jojo you smart ass). so, if anyone would like to swoop in and magically finish this in a few hours, be my guest...

but its not like im getting paid to do this, and its on the top of my fucking list of shit to do for a seemingly dying player, so just give me a break
iPlayTheSpoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2004, 16:17   #229
jojo 544
Major Dude

Yeah right, i think i've heard simular explonations before...

edit: But don't get me wrong, I apreciate the efforts you make, but it would be better if someone else with a little more time to spear could finish this.
i'm not dying to get this skin as soon as possible, infact i gave up on it some time ago already, it's not realy intresting me much anymore.
I Just like see where it's going to, if it ever will

Old 15th December 2004, 16:24   #230
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I think it's time to cool this thread off, Spoons has given his explanation of what's happening and I see little point in having people keep bitching about when it's coming.

It'll be done when Spoons says it's done, give the guy a break ok.

Note to spoons, this is your baby now, let me know if you want this thread re-opening at any time in the future to add updates, or feel free to start a new one when ever you have something to show.

*closed until further notice*
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 08:06   #231
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Unlocked at the request of iPlayTheSpoons, I'm sure he'll have something to say shortly on the matter
Old 19th January 2005, 08:10   #232
Naamloos
Forum King

Leave i play the spoons alone jojo. If you want it so bad, do it yourself. there are enough tutorials around to do it.
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 08:24   #233
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Have you been waiting since I locked this over a month ago to post that?
Old 19th January 2005, 08:28   #234
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

SingleGUI - new beta

well, i completely rewrote the entire scripting set up, top to bottom, and really made things a lot smoother. it still has bug, but i think this fixes a lot of the functionality problems.

Well, i hope this tides you all over for a while. thanks to the rewrite, its gunna be a lot easier to integrate the resizable playlist width...so thats next on the list of things to do.

oh ya, right click the button that makes the video/vis big/small to switch between the two.
Old 19th January 2005, 10:18   #235
saivert
Banned

Great, excellent work!

Yeah.. awesome! Now it finally works. You got rid of that glitch when changing songs and the video was hidden (it jumped down for a split second and caused Winamp to lag). And I can now activate visualizations without them being created in their own window (without a frame).

Maybe you can put the beat visualization from default Modern Skin at the top, right below the menubar.

Other "everything in one window" players like WiMP and iTunes usually clutter up the desktop with a lot of information, but Winamp with Single GUI skin really manages to present the information in an easy to swallow manner.

And I'm glad you changed the window title to "Winamp" which is much better.

I think this skin when finished will be bundled with Winamp in the future.
Old 19th January 2005, 11:41   #236
jojo 544
Major Dude

Sorry if i pissed anyone off, just wanted to speed things up, (if i could code i sure would have done it myself, so i'm not so smart after all, but i still believe i've made a few good points tho). But hey, i'll leave you alone now. I don't want this thread to be closed again

Old 19th January 2005, 15:26   #237
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Well done. This Beta runs very well for me.

I have just one request, the ability to hide the menu bar (File, Play, ...).

You've done a great job, iPlayTheSpoons.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 16:11   #238
mark
Forum King

looks good.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 17:44   #239
Artist 3D

Yey! new version!

And here's a tinny bug repport:

1. I always like winamp to take as much as it can from my screen, but when i choose to see video, and change between 1X to 2X modes etc., it makes the window even larger.

2. I've also checked the AVS plugins, and it uses it in a new window. Well, one thing i'll ask: why not using the video window? the other thing is that it's under the main window, and if winamp's window is all over the screen, u can't see the animation. bummer.

3. This is not a bug, and even something i've said before, i think: There's no reason the main part of the window will be that big (unless the video is in a big-size mode or whatever u call it) - It's a waste of space. My advice is to put it upon the playing list or upon the library list (aka full left or full right) unless in video-big-size mode, then there's no other choice but putting it under the video and that widely streched.

After checking something back with winamp, i've found that the AVS did jump in the end to the video window. Why didn't it do at 1st time?

Another point: closing a window like the EQ doesn't remove the V from the list (yes, it's again like the one i said before).

And again, thank you very much for the new version. May your versions get better and better like a good old wine!

Old 19th January 2005, 20:32   #240
iPlayTheSpoons
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Artist 3D
1. I always like winamp to take as much as it can from my screen, but when i choose to see video, and change between 1X to 2X modes etc., it makes the window even larger.

2. I've also checked the AVS plugins, and it uses it in a new window. Well, one thing i'll ask: why not using the video window? the other thing is that it's under the main window, and if winamp's window is all over the screen, u can't see the animation. bummer.

3. This is not a bug, and even something i've said before, i think: There's no reason the main part of the window will be that big (unless the video is in a big-size mode or whatever u call it) - It's a waste of space. My advice is to put it upon the playing list or upon the library list (aka full left or full right) unless in video-big-size mode, then there's no other choice but putting it under the video and that widely streched. grtg
1. Yeah, a bug thats been in there since i first threw the video screen in...gotta figure out a way to cancell that out

2. Can you reproduce this problem? I thought i had gotten rid of all instances when this could happen...
[post] ahh, i found one way, will soon be fixed

3. huh?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins