Old 17th December 2007, 06:46   #41
pjn123
Major Dude

Voodoo: there is a new function that reads the color of a pixel. But to read to much stuff will slow the load. Will add a way to disable the menu.

File1000: cant test the skin. Im on vacation till 27dec. The vis color will be set by the colours in the mainframe.png. More l8r. Thanks for your skin.

Posted via opera mini 4

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 15:54   #42
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Voodoo: there is a new function that reads the color of a pixel. But to read to much stuff will slow the load. Will add a way to disable the menu.

Posted via opera mini 4
whant about a caching function so it slows only at a new skin wich wasn't cached in the past

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 21:38   #43
osmosis
Major Dude

would it be possible to have the playlist be the first tab as i've seen in edits of bento? i'm loving having everything tabbed, so much easier.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 09:17   #44
pjn123
Major Dude

osmosis: Yes its posible but I dont want the PL tab to be visible all of the time. Just want it to add it self if the mainarea is fullsize. Can put it @ no1 but then all the other tabs will move one place right everytime the Pl tab is added.. and I like the buttons to stay in the same order...

Voodoo: Cool idea. We can add another type of cPro skin to the installer later but will focus on this type for now. Can even make a non sui skin thats easy to edit. I think that will be very 'easy' to make use of the dynamic pos system you purposed.

fille1000: Thanks for the skin, look cool. Like the custom vis. Will probably release a new version in +- a week. Will add the option to disable the menu and finish all the color stuff. The classic vis colors can now be read via maki so I'm gona use it to read the colors for the vis from the mainframe.png.
PS: You can just put the skin in a .wal file with all the files in the root of the .wal

l8r

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 29th December 2007, 18:23   #45
pjn123
Major Dude

SkinConsortium Forum Section for ClassicPro Skin

New version released today: v0.06

And 3 skin released in the above forum @ skinconsortium.
There is a new WMP11 cPro skin too

fille1000: Please post your skin in the forum provided @ SC. PS, your beat.png ignored the right channel... This was a bug in 0.05... now fixed, so you can just copy the bitmap to the right channel too. Your classic vis colors works now too.

PS: You can now hide the mainmenu.

Old 29th December 2007, 20:47   #46
fille1000

I tried to upload the file as .7z at SC but it didnt work so i'll do it here instead.

I made some improvements and added the custom vis colors.
The skin also use the Browser tab to show album art and info. Its an early version. I wanted to add a tracklist for the currently playing album in the tab, but i dont know if its possible. Is there a way to import the album tracklist from the media library? Maybe you can add stuff to it if youre interested. I think its a nice idea to have an album info tab with tracklist and stuff.

To use the album tab, replace CentroSUI.maki and centroSUI.m in \Plugins\classicPro\engine\xui\CentroSUI\scripts
and add tagviewer1.maki to \Plugins\classicPro\engine\scripts
Attached Files
File Type: 7z cpro - city night.7z (185.0 KB, 295 views)
fille1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 21:13   #47
pjn123
Major Dude

fille1000, the attachments is broken atm over @ sc... so you'll have to upload it somewhere else. Create the thread and I'll upload the skin at the sc server... or just make a link to your above attachment

Cool idea with the Album tab. Will play with the idea.

Old 29th December 2007, 23:28   #48
fille1000

I made a tagviewer for the skin that is supposed to get tracknumber and track title and then put those together into one string. But it doesnt work. Can you take a look at it and help me?

EDIT. I got it fixed.

Last edited by fille1000; 29th December 2007 at 23:52.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:14   #49
Paparazzi

PJN, the WMP11 cPro skin looks really nice

Just a couple of things for cPro in general.
1) Could the song Title/artist be moved to the left and the time/remaining time to the right? The Title/ Artist is really small.

2) The beat vis ... yeah that green/yellow/red thing ... guess it can look a lil more sexier! Wonder if those llamas can be put in there?

3) In your Winamp 2006 skin, at the bottom and next to bass / treble slider, there is that lil box that shows the peaks ... yeah, it can be adjusted ... the user can choose thin lines, show a mirror, adjust the fall speed, etc. Could that be added for this as well?

4) This I've asked you earlier and you said you were looking at a way to get it done ... Naming the new tabs according to the plugin name!

5) Multiple tabs for multiple plugins ... which would mean leaving those invoked plugins/tabs opened and not closing them when moving out ... maybe this can be set in the option!

6) A customised tag viewer at the bottom ... where I can remove things I dont want to see such as rating, track no. or whatever!

Cheers!
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 14:27   #50
pjn123
Major Dude

1) Will try to make the songtitle a little bigger.

2) Ye, just need someone thats good with gfx.

3)Its planned along with a timeline view and thin bands and all the other generic stuff.

4+5 ) My hands are cut off. Limitations of Winamp. If someone can tell me that the guid's on different systems will be the same for each plugin, I can add a list of guids with names and read it from that.... think this might be the best.

6) The tagviewer is far from finished... will be allot better.

Thinking of removing the Browser tab(I know theres nothing in it) and replacing it with a now playing tab. I know Martin use the browser for radio stations.. will check what he was talking about and maybe look for a way to integrate that into the Now Playing tab.

Old 30th December 2007, 16:51   #51
iron2000

Currently making a skin.
How can I hide the main menu?

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 19:41   #52
pjn123
Major Dude

Steps:
1) See the buttons.png bitmap
2) Change the first pixel(or everything ) of the menu bitmap to this color (255,0,128).
See these cPro skins for an examplewinxp, wmp11, wa classic)
3) Basically if this pixel (x0,y87) is that color, the mainmenu wont be displayed.

Will post a guide somewhere soon.

Old 31st December 2007, 00:45   #53
osmosis
Major Dude

the browser integration does seem to be the new thing for music players with the major advent of music blogs and the like. songbird was the the first one i knew of that had the media catcher and everything like that all rolled in to one, then winamp cobbled theirs together (impressively fast) between the 5.5 beta and 5.5 final. for widest usability i think it's a nice thing to leave in. funniest thing is i don't even use it haha

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 04:40   #54
iron2000

Completed my skin.
Fully skinned for now.
Its basically a port of my previous skin.
Attached Files
File Type: wal cpro - ashen tundra.wal (55.7 KB, 387 views)

Thanx
Old 1st January 2008, 12:47   #55
SLoB
Major Dude

looks cool iron2000, did you find anything that could do with tidying up with the actual skinning process during the port?

I think initially it would be cool for some classic skinners to port some of their popular skins over, sylvester has a bit of a winner going on with cPro imo
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 15:44   #56
Koogle

ashen tundra didn't work for me until it was extracted an repackaged to .wal without the folder name.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2008, 16:54   #57
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Sweet skin 1ron!!
easy to make a skin in cpro!
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 03:28   #58
iron2000

One things I noticed while making the skin is that if the skin is resized to the minimum size, the songtitle will eat into a bit of the playback time's space.

I agree. Skinning cpro is really simple.
Thanks pjn123 for making such an amazing skin!

Thanx
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:14   #59
pjn123
Major Dude

Thx! Will all be sorted next build.

Old 2nd January 2008, 15:07   #60
fille1000

album tab

I had an idea for an album tab, (check the image)
The tracklist doesnt work though, im not sure if its even possible to do a working one. But it would be really nice if pjn123 or someone else could do something like that..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg album.jpg (59.3 KB, 274 views)
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:33   #61
pjn123
Major Dude

If martin could add a way to search the ml it could be posible.

Old 2nd January 2008, 19:03   #62
Koogle

Re: album tab

Quote:
Originally posted by fille1000
The tracklist doesnt work though, im not sure if its even possible to do a working one. But it would be really nice if pjn123 or someone else could do something like that..
i had brought up a similar request to have album art+info brought into a window like that earlier but via the AVS, then it would be more customizable+with effects etc). But from what I see AVS is dead so I doubt it would happen that way.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=280426

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 06:38   #63
mynameisnobody

Quote:
I like this idea, looks pretty good.
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 16:01   #64
pjn123
Major Dude

Back from NewYears vacation.

Wow iron2000! That looks very cool. Really like the colors of the skin... very smooth.
iron2000, if you want, you can post that skin in the cPro section of the SC forums.

Will release a new version soon.

Old 6th January 2008, 05:17   #65
Paparazzi

Really like the WMP11 version. It was just the beat thing that was not good enough for the time being, but thanks to the one put up by iron2000 and the default beat built into cPro - Big Bento, I clubbed them and got the one attached below .... looks nice for now
Attached Images
File Type: png beat.png (20.9 KB, 281 views)
Old 6th January 2008, 08:31   #66
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks Paparazzi
Will use that till we have new llamas for the cPro Big Bento skin.

Old 9th January 2008, 11:04   #67
Paparazzi

Quote:
fille1000 ... is that picture a mock up or did you really manage to switch the "browser" with the "Album"??? If thats for real, could you let us know how you did it
Old 9th January 2008, 11:40   #68
pjn123
Major Dude

fille1000

Had a play with it and dont think this will work.

That screenshot will however be posible to make as a plugin for the Media Library(i think). ML plugins can easily search your database and show all the tracks from the current playing file.. along with a cover pic....again.. I think so

So if any plugin developers want to try this... please do. Very cool idea and will be very usefull in the ML. fille1000 I'm sure the plugin dev can make it look just like that screenshot.

Next cPro version due soon. Maybe tonight or tommorrow.

Old 9th January 2008, 14:46   #69
fille1000

I would gladly make a plugin, but I dont think i have enough knowledge about programming for winamp. It would be great if someone else could, I would use that plugin alot!

Papparazzi:
The tracklist in the picture is a mock up, it seems impossible to do without making a ml plugin. But theres another version of it without the tracklist, check my earlier post in this thread..
Old 10th January 2008, 10:58   #70
Paparazzi

fille1000
My intention is really not the Album, but rather to have the lyrics plugin as a tab. I know that C-pro opens it in a separate tab, but I wanted it displayed always and not invoke it with Alt+Y. Again, I've never used the browser and thats why I asked if you knew of a way to replace the browser with any other tab the user likes.

PJN, two things ...
1) Would it be possible to have the Jump to file extra in a tab also??? It is a plugin after all!

2) There is a VIS plugin that I use ... displays the lyrics as in a karaoke. Would it be possible to have it integrate as a tab??? The problem with some of these plugins are that they are not suited for SUIs. SUIs are normally set to occupy the entire screen and some of the plugins open in a separate window and then, once we click on the main Winamp window, the plugin window goes behind. To get it back, we have to close the plugin and invoke it again.

Actually for this reason, it would be great if WA could have a feature where in plugin windows always remain on top of WA even if WA is set to "Always on Top". If this cannot be done as a skin feature, I'll maybe ask DrO if he can help out

Looking out every 5 minutes for the 0.7
Old 10th January 2008, 11:50   #71
pjn123
Major Dude

For something to work as a tab, I need to be able to open it from maki... and atm 3rd party plugins isnt posible(or very buggy) to open like the vid,avs, pl & ml. Dont know why... it just doesnt work. Dont give up hope since afaik Nullsoft is planning changing the bento skin to open 3rd party stuff inside the frame.. so dont know if they are gona use a Plugins tab like I did or add/fix stuff so that a new tab can be added.

Lots of small stuff to do still... so will probably be ready tommorrow. One thing that I can say at this stage is thats its much easier to make the beat animations in the new version.... L8r

Old 10th January 2008, 12:52   #72
And1945

Send a message via ICQ to And1945
Just for the record... fantastic idea. I like the fact that I dont HAVE to have the media library. I use the playlist. And furthermore, its resizable!

Great idea, guys. You should get some kind of medal
And1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 19:17   #73
fille1000

paparazzi
I replaced the browser tab with a lyrics plugin tab for the original Bento, It worked but it was buggy. if you pressed AlT+Y twice it would stay in the tab even if you switched to other tabs. It doesnt seem to work in cpro though, probably cause it has a different implementation of the tabs.
I think its best to wait until this is implemented in winamp, and I hope they do soon!

pjn123
If I open JTFE by pressing 'J' in the playlist, it opens in the plugins tab, but the size of the winamp window locks
and I have to restart winamp to be able to resize it back.
Old 10th January 2008, 19:44   #74
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks fille1000. Will block JTFE from opening in the player. Best not to use the skinned version of JTFE.
And yes, wont be as easy to implement the lyric hack here since cPro actually wants to open it in a tab. And we cant implement something that doesnt work 100%

Will post the new version later tonight

Old 10th January 2008, 20:16   #75
DrO

the skinned JTF dialog is never intended to be embedded in the way you've been trying to do since it's a fixed sized skinned frame not a resizeable one like the ml and the few other plugins which work with the skinned frame api. will have to see if i can get around to implement the resizing of the window before the final build of the plugin.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 22:33   #76
pjn123
Major Dude

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Download ClassicPro© v0.07 (206kb)
Released: 10 January 2008
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read the above page for all the developer related changes

Whats new?
- New: Winamp Browser (some stuff dont work yet...)
- New: BottomRight logo button
- New: TopLeft menu button
- New: Promo pics when custom beatvis is not being shown
- New: AlbumArt pictures for aolradio & shoutcast.
- New: The beat.png was split into beat_left.png & beat_right.png
- New: beat_left/right have new types of animations(normal, 1frame, 2frame) read more in the manual for developers
- New: Your beat_left & right can now have any width that you want. It will be centered and both side must have the same width!
- New: Enabled all the pictures for the seekbar in seekvol.png
- New: Track ratings. Pictures added to buttons.png
- New: Classic Visualization menu & modes
- Changed: NoCover image names. See "cPro - Big Bento"
- Changed: Font of songtimer to arial if no "numfont.png" is present
- Changed: "cPro - Big Bento" nocover picture to higher res one
- Fixed: AlbumArt refresh menu option showing nothing after refresh
- Fixed: SongTitle and TrackTimer overlap
- Fixed: Skin can only resize to a max of 1280
- moved the TrackTimer up with 2pixels
- Added info text (Volume, Seeker, Mute, Shuffle, ...)
- Increased the size of the SongTitle
- BeatVis can now be disabled with the rightclick menu or a dblclick
- Dbl titlebar to toggle fullscreen
- Added a few tooltips[B]

Can a mod update the first post please... and rename the thread to "classicPro© 0.07 (SUI)"

Old 11th January 2008, 16:26   #77
fille1000

Good work! like the new version alot!
updated the City Night version aswell. Cool idea with the 1 frame vis. I made two different versions.

I also found a small bug. When no album art pic is showing in the small drawer it seems two be glitching a bit when moving the mouse around. not a big thing though..

Last edited by fille1000; 11th January 2008 at 17:27.
Old 11th January 2008, 17:07   #78
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks Fille1000. Like your beatvis

Also noticed that bug today. Something to do with the ratings I think. Will fix it for next version. Also found found a bug where the Plugins tab open when you click on the winamp logo to go to the about winamp(already fixed).

Would be nice if you created your own thread at the sc forums for your skin. Just link the download links to the attachments here.

Edit: Dont forget about the readme.txt

Old 11th January 2008, 17:34   #79
fille1000

oops i deleted the file in last post by mistake..
Here it is again, with slight change in the beatvis..

Maybe a feature could be to have more than one beatvis to choose from within winamp.
Attached Files
File Type: wal cpro - city night.wal (187.6 KB, 707 views)
Old 12th January 2008, 11:24   #80
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
perhaps alter the other imgs a lil bit as well, but good work so far

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins