Old 21st June 2013, 09:26   #1
cosai

I want th old modern blue skin

When I click on repeat button on winamp I can't see what is happening. Is it on single repeat mode? all repeat mode? repeat off? The old skin used to write that but now none. Classic old winamp skin also doesn't display anything.

Normally for these cases I don't opene an account on a forum (Why do I need to open an account? This report is for you (NOT for me in fact. I can just fire winamp from my computer. I had fired many players before)) so you would better make your users job easier.

Please give me a link for a skin that I see what repeat button is doing? Haven't you heard "human computer interaction" rules before?

I need to know what the program is doing upon input

Please reply soon.
cosai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 09:32   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp still has the same Modern Skin, which was intruduced with 5.0. It has a 3 state repeat button, which shows what repeat mode you are currently using.

I guess you're using another skin.

Make sure that you have selected 'Winamp Modern' in Winamp's right click menu --> 'Skins'
Or go directly into the Preferences (Ctrl+P) --> 'Skins' and select 'Winamp Modern' there.

If you have no luck with these steps, post a Winamp Info report:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 09:59   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi cosai,

I rather like the 3 function repeat button. It saves space. In additon to what Koopa said, the cPro skins, Big Bento/Bento, and most other Winamp modern skins also show which mode is selected maybe in a clearer way than Winamp Modern does.

There was a plug-in to do this for classic skins, but it was pulled. Maybe it will be returned for classic skin lovers or someone may write another one.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 10:37   #4
DrO

or natively integrated into the player...

as for the original question, along with the way suggested already, there's a skin preview and selection page during the install process where the 'Winamp Modern' skin can be seen as installed and selectable. it has definitely not been removed (unless the lite version is installed and then there's no modern skin support so it wouldn't work anyway).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 13:25   #5
ujay
Forum King

or natively integrated into the player...

How difficult would it be to show the status in the tooltip as a first step ???
A multi colour LED would be the best approach though IMHO.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 13:37   #6
DrO

not sure without trying tbh and possibly depends on the skin being used as well as to what is already shown for the tooltip.

for classic skins i already had the plug-in to do it, but doing it natively would be better so we've parity between modern and classic skins - only issue is getting classic skins updated as it needs extra image parts (or i do like i did in the plug-in and overlay a symbol over it).

could also make it so for classic skins, changing the repeat state (and shuffle as well) puts a brief message in the song ticker (like the modern skins do) so the changing of the state can be seen (which the plug-in couldn't possibly do).

only issue i can see is that we're then potentially changing how repeat seemingly works so not sure if that'd need to be made into an opt-in/opt-out behavioural change for classic skins. so probably a fair bit more work than just copy+pasting my old plug-ins code into things.
Old 8th July 2013, 12:25   #7
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
could also make it so for classic skins, changing the repeat state (and shuffle as well) puts a brief message in the song ticker (like the modern skins do) so the changing of the state can be seen (which the plug-in couldn't possibly do).
at least that part is done now as well as making it show the volume on changing when using the mouse wheel to show things (so that's classic skins a bit more comparable to the native modern skins).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
modern skin, repeat button