Old 21st November 2001, 01:34   #81
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Hmm... triple post. Oh well.
Anyway, the place where the sigs will be is gonna have a red background, yeah?
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 02:46   #82
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Colldawg21
uh, just quickly, whoever is doing text, what color are you planning on making it. Just need to know so that i don't get a weird color combination on the playlist.

Also, if nobody is going to do region.txt, I'll do it at the end when the main, eq, and windowshades have been done.
Colldawg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 12:12   #83
Riksruin
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Riksruin Send a message via AIM to Riksruin Send a message via Yahoo to Riksruin
CollDawg21 the text.bmp has white letters and a red backing,

thanx for the info Lucid, Forevever and Skinme!

Yes the backing for the winampmb is gonna be red, 255,0,0

thanx for the parts so far guys!! the skin looks really kool at the moment. The main is almost finished, just need the volume and balance bars. when i got those i will put some extra details on the main,
Riksruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 21:21   #84
chiquita chad
Forum King

alrighty... Mb is complete
i think its alright as is...
no known bugs
heres an ss

btw whoever is doing pledit.txt, can u add this to the bottom
mbBG=#FFFFFF
mbFG=#FF0000

Artist Track
chiquita chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 21:23   #85
chiquita chad
Forum King

whoops
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mb.bmp (81.4 KB, 171 views)

Artist Track
Old 21st November 2001, 21:53   #86
Riksruin
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Riksruin Send a message via AIM to Riksruin Send a message via Yahoo to Riksruin
Kool mb keetah!!

do you wanna post ur info?? email address website and a 32*32 image??
Old 21st November 2001, 21:54   #87
skinme!
Forum King

yum

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 23:23   #88
chiquita chad
Forum King

heres my pic
and my email is sherm_13@hotmail.com

took the site down about 2 weeks ago so no link for me
Attached Images
File Type: gif keeta.gif (1.9 KB, 175 views)

Artist Track
Old 21st November 2001, 23:34   #89
SuPeYDuUeY

Send a message via ICQ to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via AIM to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via Yahoo to SuPeYDuUeY
Name: it should be SuPeYDuPeY, but I misspelled it when I was signing up so it's SuPeYDuUeY...
email: jkalden@earthlink.net

I'm at my grandparents house, and they have pap5, but at my house I have psp7, so I'm trying to get used to not having some of the options that 7 has, I'll get the sig sooner or later...
SuPeYDuUeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 23:38   #90
KiwiFreak
Major Dude

I'll get the Volume & Balance bmps in this weekend if all goes well.

If you think you can or think you can't...you're right.
KiwiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2001, 23:43   #91
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by chiquita chad
heres my pic
and my email is sherm_13@hotmail.com

took the site down about 2 weeks ago so no link for me
thanx Keetah!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SuPeYDuUeY
Name: it should be SuPeYDuPeY, but I misspelled it when I was signing up so it's SuPeYDuUeY...
email: jkalden@earthlink.net

I'm at my grandparents house, and they have pap5, but at my house I have psp7, so I'm trying to get used to not having some of the options that 7 has, I'll get the sig sooner or later...
would u like the name on the mbinner and the readme to be SuPeYDuPeY or SuPeYDuUeY

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiFreak
I'll get the Volume & Balance bmps in this weekend if all goes well.
kool! thanx Kiwi!! dont forget the email, website and 32*32 image!!
Old 22nd November 2001, 00:03   #92
SuPeYDuUeY

Send a message via ICQ to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via AIM to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via Yahoo to SuPeYDuUeY
I don't really care...SuPeYDuUeY I guess since that's what it says over there
<-----

and here's my sig
Attached Images
File Type: gif sdsig.gif (1.3 KB, 176 views)
Old 22nd November 2001, 03:21   #93
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by chiquita chad
btw whoever is doing pledit.txt, can u add this to the bottom
mbBG=#FFFFFF
mbFG=#FF0000
Ok I added it to pledit.txt

Here are my 2 files, pledit.bmp and pledit.txt in the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip colldawg21.zip (8.3 KB, 157 views)
Old 22nd November 2001, 03:22   #94
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Name: Colldawg21
e-mail: Colldawg101@aol.com
homepage: none

icon: attached (i hope *.png is alright for you)
Attached Images
File Type: png colldawg21.png (2.5 KB, 152 views)
Old 22nd November 2001, 10:29   #95
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Colldawg21

Ok I added it to pledit.txt

Here are my 2 files, pledit.bmp and pledit.txt in the zip.
Thanx for the pledit its really kool!!

and it doesnt matter what format its in, i've gotta convert 2 bitmap anyway. cuz winamp wont extract anything other than bitmaps.
Old 22nd November 2001, 11:00   #96
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
i hope to have time this weekend to make the eq main window..

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
The Only Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2001, 16:59   #97
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
ok I got sick of waiting for an updated screen shot to see where we are on this skin so I personally downloaded everything and pieced some stuff together and ATTACHED you will find a working version of this skin so far

Nini, the only way you're going to fix the bug in the Shufrep is by moving the stockings over one pixel (all of them) or by ditching one of the 4 on the shuffle button (which is my personal suggestion) and moving it away from the 75th pixel on shufrep.bmp

the copying over to that particular pixel from the first pixel is only working when you actually click the shuffle button, when I click the repeat button the same error appears.

Put simply.. the very first row of pixels on the shufrep.bmp and the 75th row of pixels, should both be a solid red.

also, I copied over the portions of the [edit]I meant to say titlebar here[/edit] and clutterbar thingies that need to be on the main.bmp, so whomever is doing the main can use that

Note: I decreased all bitmaps to 256 colors to make the DL smaller

Good work everyone, this thing is really shaping up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip skinlovinxmasii.zip (56.5 KB, 160 views)

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2001, 18:20   #98
Colldawg21
Major Dude

The skin looks good so far. I'm glad that whoever did the mb made it white. Otherwise my pl might have looked out of place.

I'm guessing unless the ws modes have transparency then nobody really needs to do the region.txt?
Old 22nd November 2001, 19:08   #99
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Forevever
Nini, the only way you're going to fix the bug in the Shufrep is by moving the stockings over one pixel (all of them) or by ditching one of the 4 on the shuffle button (which is my personal suggestion) and moving it away from the 75th pixel on shufrep.bmp

the copying over to that particular pixel from the first pixel is only working when you actually click the shuffle button, when I click the repeat button the same error appears.

Put simply.. the very first row of pixels on the shufrep.bmp and the 75th row of pixels, should both be a solid red.
either that or the 1st pixel row needs to be identical to the 75th, which will make it work, looking at it, all that needs to happen is pressed states of the repeat button the 1st row needs to be moved down 2 pixels and it shouldnt jump at all.

Btw u shoulda said u wanted to see a screenie, i'd have posted one, i was gonna do it soon anyway,
Old 22nd November 2001, 21:33   #100
Forevever
Major Dude

no worries Ricki - if I was worried I would've complained

I just assume with life in general the way it is these days, that you haven't had the time or whatever. I just happened to have some free time today.

The copying of the one pixel should work but if you look at how her stockings are drawn, it can't work. The first pixel is required to match up with the 75th pixel. Thats why it needs to be moved over one pixel.

[edit]Also, I noticed some blank spaces not yet volunteered for. I know that at least one of them was already completed (can't recall offhand which one), but am mostly curious as to who has volunteered for the main. I might be persuaded to do it if no one else has it - let me know[/edit]

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Old 22nd November 2001, 22:28   #101
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
no worries Ricki - if I was worried I would've complained

I just assume with life in general the way it is these days, that you haven't had the time or whatever. I just happened to have some free time today.

The copying of the one pixel should work but if you look at how her stockings are drawn, it can't work. The first pixel is required to match up with the 75th pixel. Thats why it needs to be moved over one pixel.

[edit]Also, I noticed some blank spaces not yet volunteered for. I know that at least one of them was already completed (can't recall offhand which one), but am mostly curious as to who has volunteered for the main. I might be persuaded to do it if no one else has it - let me know[/edit]
i see what ur saying about the stocking now, i was assuming that the unpressed unactive right stocking was in the same place as the unpressed active one,

no-one has asked to do the main, you can do the main if you so wish! the other part not got yet is eq_ex.bmp i'm prepared to do it if no-one else wants it. i was thinking for the region.txt to have some shapes cut out of the main, like the last one, maybe some santa outlines? or something similar to that,
Old 23rd November 2001, 02:22   #102
Forevever
Major Dude

alright, i'll do the main, and I like the idea of cutouts.. I'll see what I can come up with - should have it for you before sunday - and a reminder to everyone else, only about a week left for your parts!!

Old 23rd November 2001, 09:24   #103
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
Did you get my presets Rikki, I sent them quite a while (well 2 versions of the same preset). If you got them, which one did you choose.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2001, 19:16   #104
Colldawg21
Major Dude

I just noticed i screwed something up on pledit.bmp. Here is the revised version.

Error: on add pl stack I drew it as if were 20 pixels or so to the [edit] left [/edit]
Attached Files
File Type: zip colldawg21.zip (8.3 KB, 145 views)
Old 24th November 2001, 14:47   #105
Forevever
Major Dude

ok here's a screenshot of the main
I tried to do some transparencies but I just have to tell you, I hate transparencies
I didn't think anything I did looked right.
Since this is a collaboration, I didn't think symetry was too (too) important, so I scattered a couple of things about, and I like the overall effect

1. whomever did the clutterbar, I hope you don't mind but I added a small drop shadow. Since the majority of the drop shadow is on the main form, I thought it was a judgement call.

2. Also, whomever did the numbers, I added the ":", also a judgement call seeing as it was on the main form, but I stuck with your pattern of white/drop shadow

3. Whoever did the titlebars (i'm so lazy today), I added a small element, and added 2 of them to the easter egg (just to have a difference)

Feedback welcome and if you totally and completely hate it, let me know so I can redo it - no worries.

screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: gif slxmasmain.gif (8.1 KB, 180 views)

Old 24th November 2001, 14:49   #106
Forevever
Major Dude

attached - Main done, and minor edits to Titlebar.bmp - I can't wait to see the vol/bal bars
Attached Files
File Type: zip main-done-title-edit.zip (11.1 KB, 152 views)

Old 24th November 2001, 15:05   #107
SuPeYDuUeY

that's a little more 3d effect I intended the cbar to have, but it looks fine like that
I want to see what it looks like with my original cbar though...I'll just download it and paste mine in when I get home

[edit]oh yeah...and the main looks really nice[/edit]
Old 25th November 2001, 04:18   #108
Namelessv1
Forum King

Here's the viscolor.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: zip x-mas ii viscolor.zip (488 Bytes, 186 views)
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2001, 14:14   #109
Forevever
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SuPeYDuUeY
that's a little more 3d effect I intended the cbar to have, but it looks fine like that
I want to see what it looks like with my original cbar though...I'll just download it and paste mine in when I get home

[edit]oh yeah...and the main looks really nice[/edit]
I don't mind if you/they take it out, it just seemed like it was too far away to me. Since you already had a slight 3d effect going, I just wanted to give it the same height as the things I did.
I won't be offended if you want it taken out. Its real easy, like you said, a minor copy and paste thing. I don't think it changes the aesthetics much either way. On your actual clutterbar area on the titlebar.bmp, I only changed the rightmost pixel of each 8x43 section. The other 99.9% of the shadow is on the main form.

Old 25th November 2001, 14:51   #110
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Doggy Dog
Did you get my presets Rikki, I sent them quite a while (well 2 versions of the same preset). If you got them, which one did you choose.
yes i did Doggy, would you mind if i put both presets in?? i've only got 3 so far including yours? i think they're both kool, but i would like 2 use both if thats okay with you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg4Life2K1
Here's the viscolor.txt.
thanx for the viscolor Dawg!!

Quote:
attached - Main done, and minor edits to Titlebar.bmp - I can't wait to see the vol/bal bars
Thanx for the main it looks really really kool!!!
Old 26th November 2001, 01:03   #111
KiwiFreak
Major Dude

I promise I'll do the Volume & Balance tonight, I went away for the weekend which is why I still haven't done them. I'll post them as soon as they're done.

It's looking great so far!!!

If you think you can or think you can't...you're right.
KiwiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2001, 13:06   #112
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
It's OK with me, but they look almost the same and most people will think that they are the same .

btw. there'll be more presets coming your way soon.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2001, 21:18   #113
SuPeYDuUeY

I think it should have my original one on it, not only because I think that it looks better like that (I don't know that I do...I actually don't have a preference which looks better), but because a)it's not supposed to be on the same level as everything else, it's actually supposed the be the tube with the trees in it below the red (kinda like my avatar-pretend th metal-ish frame thing is the red in the main, [website plug]or for a better example, go to my website ad look at the really big logo thingy[/website plug]), and the metal caps above the red (I didn't do a great job of creating this effect) and b)it's supposed to be a combination of multiple skinners' styles right? well...I never use drop shadow...at all...never...I'm not sure why though...haven't really had a use for it I guess...maybe I'll have some in my next skin

I'm not wanting/trying to be mean or anything (I re-read that and it does sound kinda like I am) and I have nothing against you or what you were trying to do, and if other people think it looks better I have no problem with it staying that way
Old 26th November 2001, 22:11   #114
Forevever
Major Dude

LOL relax, i knew it was a chance I was taking - I thought about you while I was doing it - don't think it was blatant
I know you're not being mean and thats kewl too
attached - replace the last file I upped with this one - main done, titlebar (minus the shadow)
Attached Files
File Type: zip main-done-title-edit.zip (10.2 KB, 142 views)

Old 26th November 2001, 22:43   #115
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Hey, I made my component!

Here's the AVS skin and my preset.

ATTN: Rikki:
This is an UPDATE of my Christmas Tree preset. Just making the trunk thinner.

Directions for downloaders:
xmasfilter.bmp has to go in the ...\winamp\avs directory. Christmas Tree.avs goes either there or in a subfolder of that. I hope you know where to put avs.bmp.
Attached Files
File Type: zip avs_skin_and_preset.zip (3.4 KB, 124 views)
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2001, 23:14   #116
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Hey flatmatt. D'ya mind if I try and make a christmas tree as well?
I just saw your preset and I wanted to see if I could make anything like that.
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2001, 23:15   #117
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

And that sig/avatar/logo thingy is here.

E-mail: flatmatt@mediaone.net

Lucid, sure, what the heck? Two trees, cool.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp fmavatar.bmp (2.1 KB, 133 views)
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2001, 23:22   #118
Riksruin
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by flatmatt
Hey, I made my component!

Here's the AVS skin and my preset.

ATTN: Rikki:
This is an UPDATE of my Christmas Tree preset. Just making the trunk thinner.

Directions for downloaders:
xmasfilter.bmp has to go in the ...\winamp\avs directory. Christmas Tree.avs goes either there or in a subfolder of that. I hope you know where to put avs.bmp.
Thanx flatmatt, the preset rocks! congrats on it!!

err where does avs.bmp go?? LoL!! the avs skin rules congrats again!!

the skin is starting to look rather impressive!
Old 27th November 2001, 02:03   #119
SuPeYDuUeY

Quote:
LOL relax, i knew it was a chance I was taking - I thought about you while I was doing it - don't think it was blatant
I know you're not being mean and thats kewl too
attached - replace the last file I upped with this one - main done, titlebar (minus the shadow)
heh...I knew it sounded mean batchy, but it was totally not like that...
I know it wasn't blatant and [insert synonym for blatant here] (I need a thesaurus...)
I'm going to edit it some more to get that effect that I was wanting...expect an update tomarrow (I don't have time tonight)
that new skin that's gonna have dropshadows is started now...and I now know the beauty of drapshadows you all can go look at it in my new thread and tell me how bad it is if you want
Old 27th November 2001, 03:23   #120
aestas caerulea

Send a message via AIM to aestas caerulea Send a message via Yahoo to aestas caerulea
Um, I'm slightly unclear on what the icon/avatar/sig thing is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be Christmasy too, or just a little signature image of whatever, or what?
But my email address is gyaraDragontwo@excite.com, and my site is absolute crap so let's just say I don't have one.
aestas caerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins