Old 20th May 2002, 05:36   #1
BmmrMPower

Send a message via ICQ to BmmrMPower Send a message via AIM to BmmrMPower Send a message via Yahoo to BmmrMPower
It is here, Finally the Aikon2 Beta

Ok well finals are over and I have been making lots of edits to the main window of this skin. This is my fist Winamp skin ever, I never did WA2 b/c it was all graphical, and since this has some code I thought I would give it a shot, so here it is.

Here are some SS of it in various states ...

this skin is based off the Aikon2 LCD skin, if you haven't seen it (or worse don't have trillian), go here www.trillian.cc. This is a tight program, I won't go into it now, but if you want more info let me know.

Without further delay ... here is my VERY first WA skin.
Aikon2 Beta 1.1

let me know what you think
-Ryan

edit
if the links don't work, that is b/c this is an old server that I am suprised I still have access to, if the link go down, I will move them
/edit

edit
I fixed the Trillian Link
/edit
BmmrMPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2002, 05:41   #2
Garry

Send a message via ICQ to Garry Send a message via AIM to Garry Send a message via Yahoo to Garry
Very nice....
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2002, 07:18   #3
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
Aha.. I've been waiting for this one... lets line it up with Trillian and see how it looks.

[edit]
Alright, I have them lined up with eachother and here are my comments:

I think the Aikon2 trillian skin buttons on the bottom (for MSN, IRC, etc.) are a little bit... rounder than yours? I guess you took one of those buttons first and then changed the size a bit? Now they kinda have a.. pointy bottom, which isn't really clearly seen on the trillian skin.

Mmm, I have the blue version of the skin, so no comments on the color. Maybe you want to make color controls to change it over to whatever Trillian color you have?

The last vis line on the main screen, it's on the border, so this gives a weird white dot on the border when not playing...

I like it how you flipped the left button and made it the play button... but, wouldn't that be more a button to have the Winamp menu pop up? (The one that you get when you right mouse-click). Then you could add a button for play, so you have 5 buttons, like on the trillian skin.

What about you put the Playlist, EQ and thinger next to the x-fade, shuffle and repeat buttons and you put a little bar above them to scroll through the song (what do you call those bars again? I forgot).

And, okay, I know it's actually the hide button on Trillian, but why don't you use that button for minimize?? (the one with the stripe and the triangle pointing down).

In Winshade:
If you have words like.. "Anger", you can't see the g in the title. I guess this would happen with all letters that go below the line (p, g, q, j, etc..) so you need to move up the title of the song a bit.

Wouldn't the play button be better in place between the stop and pause button?? Or how the default skin has it: backward, play, pause, stop, forward.

[/comments]

Really, do not think I don't like the skin!!! I really really like it! I just had a good look it and comment on some of the things that might look a little bit bad... but the skin is really good, especially for your first skin! Keep up the great work!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?

Last edited by cmisker; 20th May 2002 at 07:35.
cmisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2002, 13:59   #4
BmmrMPower

Send a message via ICQ to BmmrMPower Send a message via AIM to BmmrMPower Send a message via Yahoo to BmmrMPower
Thanks cmisker, that is exactly the comment I was looking for. I knew there were lots to change but I have been looking at it for the past two weeks, so I couldn't see the difference anymore, and about the buttons, I do need to change them, I was just too lazy .

The Aikon skin has two colors, the green/grey look (which is what I have) and the blue one, If you would like I could easily change it to the blue if you would like, or if any one else would like. I was going to do it later on, but if you would like it now, It could be done

Thank you for the comments.
Old 20th May 2002, 16:23   #5
cmisker
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to cmisker Send a message via AIM to cmisker Send a message via Yahoo to cmisker
Phew!!! I'm glad you like my comments, didn't want to pee you off or anything.

Well, it'd be nice if you would have those color controls for the blue aikon skin, but it doesn't really matter to me. Whenever you have time.

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 21st May 2002, 04:28   #6
DogWings

Send a message via ICQ to DogWings
Oh yeah, this is great!

I also would like to see the color options, especially blue like the original Aikon skin.

And I hope you are gonna make it resizable like I read somewhere in the previous thread.

Bravo!
DogWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2002, 05:49   #7
BmmrMPower

Yeah there is lots more to come.

Hey dogwings, do you think you could hook me up with what you did on the skin

might be helpfull with the other windows and modifications i will be performing

P.S. csmiker I love construced critism, helps me get stuff done. And if it isn't constructive then up yours, it is my skin if you don't like it don't use it
Old 21st May 2002, 13:11   #8
BmmrMPower

Update

Just an update I am working on the play buttons, menu buttons, and the jagged edges on they. They are a pain to get done mainly because I know nothing about graphic editing . So anyways I am getting those done and I am also going to make some new buttons to add in other stuff (It is top secret right now, only one other person knows what it is and I am waiting permission from him). I just started working again so hopefully I will get a day off so, and I can sit down and knock off everything on cmisker list

laterz
Old 21st May 2002, 15:44   #9
cmisker
Major Dude

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by BmmrMPower
I just started working again so hopefully I will get a day off so, and I can sit down and knock off everything on cmisker list
*note to self: make new list before BmmrMPower finishes other list.

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 21st May 2002, 21:44   #10
BmmrMPower

Re: Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by cmisker

*note to self: make new list before BmmrMPower finishes other list.
LOL, you got some time. I am working all week.
Old 22nd May 2002, 04:41   #11
BmmrMPower

OK that went a lot faster then expected, I have edited all the buttons and they look tight now (at least I think so, I am waiting on an idea for the seek bar, and I need to get off my lazy ass and make two more buttons for those special addons of mine.

cmisker, I causght up faster then I thought. I hope you will have a list soon. At this rate, I should hopefully have the different color version out by the end of this weekend. Do yall want two separate versions or just an option to change to allow the differnt colors, ooohhh like a hidden button like the 2 in Aikon2 or maybe the that whole word. Wadda think? let me know
Old 22nd May 2002, 07:43   #12
cmisker
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by BmmrMPower
cmisker, I causght up faster then I thought. I hope you will have a list soon. At this rate, I should hopefully have the different color version out by the end of this weekend. Do yall want two separate versions or just an option to change to allow the differnt colors, ooohhh like a hidden button like the 2 in Aikon2 or maybe the that whole word. Wadda think? let me know
Well, I was more thinking of the color controls. I'm not sure how you do them, but I know you can just about change all the colors with these and it really looks good. You have to ask a skinning-monkey though how to do it. (Go to a good finished skins, then to components and run the color controls. You'll see what I mean).

And about the list... mmm, well, if I have a new working version, I'll give you more stuff.

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 22nd May 2002, 14:29   #13
BmmrMPower

that can be arranged, I can a have a new one up tonight with seek bar done and buttons and ... and ... and ...
Old 22nd May 2002, 15:28   #14
cmisker
Major Dude

Please do!

Wanna see my Winamp 3?
Old 22nd May 2002, 15:28   #15
danbee

Send a message via ICQ to danbee Send a message via AIM to danbee Send a message via Yahoo to danbee
sweet! now i can match my winamp3 to trillian!

a few points, pretty similar to cmisker i think:

make the play button a normal button , try and keep the normal winamp button order. i think that would work better.

turn that other button back around and use it for the system menu or whatever.

other that that it's cool!

:: danbee :: www.danbee.co.uk ::

"old programmers never die. they just terminate and stay resident."
danbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins