Old 22nd October 2004, 03:29   #1
edulozada2

Editing Filename

I have a lot of music in my media library. Some of the filenames are mispelled and if I try to correct them using "explore item folder" the song won't play anymore.

I know i can change only the id3 tag but I want to know how can I change the filename without having to erase it from media lybrary and adding it again.
edulozada2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004, 05:56   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
sorry, it cant work like that. when you change the filename, you have offically broken the path that ml and playlists use to play that file.

I suggest doing all of your editing at once, and not over a period of time. just get it over with.

for all of your mass tagging and file renaming...i suggest an external app other than winamp. try either of these two:

mp3tag
The GodFather
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 01:08   #3
wayneberndz

Send a message via ICQ to wayneberndz
I have a similar problem. I want to change the filename of some files in the media library from "d:\mp3\..." to "c:\mp3\...". I've done this before via a hexeditor (Ultraedit), as in earlier ml versions the path was just stored as something like "c:\\mp3". But now it seems to be more complicated. Still it should be possible to change the d to a c by replacing the hex code.

Any ideas?
wayneberndz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 12:43   #4
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
The ML database is now UTF-16 as far as I can tell so you will need to account for null bytes. You could try: 44 00 3A 00 5C 00 6D 00 70 00 33 00 which, I hope, is D:\mp3. I was never able to use a hex editor on the main.dat successfully but if you did, congratulations. I would recommend against changing a single character as you will replace characters you didn't want to.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support