Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 1st December 2010, 21:29   #1
howlingmad

Show Shoutcast Station's Current Title in Main Window only

Hey There,

there's one only thing that i'd like to see changed:

When listening to a shoutcast station which provides current track information the entry in playlist editor changes.

I would like to see an Option where the Current Title is only displayed in the Main Window and the Shoutcast stations name in the playlist remains the same and is freely chooseable (overwriting the stations broadcasted name).

I know that you can disable title streaming in a certain input plugin but id like to see the current title but not in the playlist editor (and not in the media library) to keep my playlist nice and tidy.
howlingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:03   #2
DrO

the issue is that what is shown in the main title is taken from the current playlist item's text (same as what is used if you import the current playlist into a media library playlist) and is how it has always worked (changing that would cause issues with 3rd party plug-ins, etc i believe).

i can understand what you're wanting to achieve but i don't think there's a way without changing how the title system works to even implement something like that.

also not sure stations would like having their names customised (based on what i've seen previously to such attempts by people to do that).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:00   #3
howlingmad

As you said in various previous posts this is just a wish list and not a i-think-its-damn-easy-so-f***-do-it list

But I think as long as the broadcasted stations name and the current title are still displayed in the main window i dont think they would complain about if the playlist entry differs from them.

It could be in their interest as well, because in some cases the stations name comes after the current title, so when you keep the playlist editor in standard size u cannot even see the stations name but only the title.

While reading your answer a different approach came to my mind:

What about implementing an Option to show the current title only as long as the user is listening to the station (and after stopping it just display the stations broadcasted name).

It's not really useful to actually have a song displayed in the playlist that was played the last time you were listening to it.
howlingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist