Old 24th April 2007, 16:22   #1
Wolfgang
Forum King

What is the use of ml_history?

I just did a clean install of Winamp 5.34 and this time I didn't install a bunch of ML plugins I don't use. I wasn't sure about the History one though, since I've never even looked at it before, so I installed it. But now I can't really figure out what it's for.

The ML comes with the Most Played smart view under Local Media, which does the same thing as History except show the file name. The file name is not especially interesting, so I wonder if I'm missing something else ml_history does and if people actually use it.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 16:38   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I guess it's more similar to the Recently Played view, except History can show all files and streams played, whereas Recently Played only shows files stored in the library database.

The only sad part is that History still doesn't support Unicode (along with Bookmarks).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 16:43   #3
flocksoft
Major Dude

another difference: the items in History can be selectively deleted with DEL key (to keep your privacy), the items in Recently Played not
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 20:41   #4
Wolfgang
Forum King

Ah, that's a good point about showing only items in the database, DJ Egg. Will Unicode support for all standard plugins be added for any 5.3x release?

And thanks, flocksoft, though I suppose that feature is only useful if you delete the Recently Played view.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 22:38   #5
flocksoft
Major Dude

I forgot this: also the CD audio tracks are added to History
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion