Old 21st December 2007, 05:55   #1
VSAT

Send a message via AIM to VSAT Send a message via Yahoo to VSAT
scrolling text in bold and not as default

Season's Greetings to all!!

This is my first post in/on this forum so as a newbie here forgive me IF I am posting it in the wrong area(forum).

As a registred user of Winamp for many years, I have enjoyed Winamp countless of times.

More recently, I just started an internet radio stationwhich is still in the building process equally as well my web site is under construction.

How I can make the scrolling text bold so that a listener who has visual impairment sees the scrolling text in their winamp more clearly namely is there any metadata commands that will allow one to do in their Winamp setup?

Does anyone have a list metadata commands that are not seen in the preferences under help?

I do belive that I can make such happen at my end BUT that would mean editing the TAG info of all of my music files.

I am sure that it is possible, can anyone help?

Also, is there any manner to clear the info that is being scrolled in Winamp. I noticed that each time I re-start the stream info from the previous stream is displayed for a period of time. Can this be cleared whenever one re-starts the encoder or is there some command needed for the enccoder such that when the encoding process stops the info(perhaps) buffer is cleared as well?

thank you in advance as asolution to this will assist a visually impaired listener see the scrollign text and equally enjoy the music.

VSAT
VSAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 11:05   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Re: scrolling text in bold and not as default

Firstly, are you trying to recieve help running your shoutcast stream? If so then you should have posted in the shoutcast forums. If you have posted incorrectly then you might be lucky to have a mod move it.

Quote:
Originally posted by VSAT
How I can make the scrolling text bold so that a listener who has visual impairment sees the scrolling text in their winamp more clearly namely is there any metadata commands that will allow one to do in their Winamp setup?
You cannot send formatting information in shoutcast streaming titles. Well I assume it just sends the information output by Winamp. It is up to the user to configure their player correctly, if they need bigger/bolder text then they have to change it.

Quote:
Does anyone have a list metadata commands that are not seen in the preferences under help?
Exactly what kind of metadata commands are you looking for? Or do you mean the ATF title syntax? If you do then see my sig.

Quote:
Also, is there any manner to clear the info that is being scrolled in Winamp. I noticed that each time I re-start the stream info from the previous stream is displayed for a period of time. Can this be cleared whenever one re-starts the encoder or is there some command needed for the enccoder such that when the encoding process stops the info(perhaps) buffer is cleared as well?
As far as I know Winamp doesn't cache any stream titles so it will only display what the server transmits.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:49   #3
VSAT

Send a message via AIM to VSAT Send a message via Yahoo to VSAT
I was able to reply to my own original question.

In the encoder setup, I added ´ (alt-0180) to the title stream and was able to display in/on Winamp the scrolling text in bold.

seasons greetings
VSAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion