Old 3rd October 2007, 02:14   #41
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Please could anyone who's complaining about the Bento resize also state what your screen resolution and DPI setting is. Thanks.

@Juanus
Yeah, I've noticed that too.
It seems to correct itself by doing:
1. Click 'Collapse', 2. Click 'Expand', 3. Resize back to taste, 4. Repeat 1 & 2

@LouCypher
1) The XM Radio bug you reported is serverside, and should hopefully be fixed soon (no client update required).

2). The XM Radio title update issue is known and will also hopefully be addressed (but will require a Bento update). It updates in the songticker and pledit for me on first track change, but yeah, on stream start I'm also just seeing the huge uvox:// url.

@Chris000001
Hmmm. I've got the SRS WowThing plugin (the old one, from 1999, right?) and I'm not getting any crash on Winamp exit. We'll look into your report though. Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:18   #42
hannes

@ DJ Egg : Notifier Bug

Hey, that bug you fixed isn't quite fixed.

The track number right parentheses is fixed, but not the track length right parentheses.

Attached is another screenshot of the bug.

As you can see, the time right parentheses on the top ss is not the same as the bottom one. just 1 pixel wider will do it

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png notifierbug2.png (6.3 KB, 540 views)
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:25   #43
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@hannes
Doh! Yeah, I see it.
Did you report both before, or just the track# parenthesis?
Should be an easy enough fix though. Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:30   #44
hannes

Yep, gave both problems

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=277969

Thanks for fixing.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:39   #45
Perseid

williamatorb: The OrbNetworks folder only has a iTVListing.xml file and OrbTV\data\xmltv.dtd.

I can try to run the install again and see if I can get Windows to give me a core dump if you think that might help.
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:12   #46
xamphear

Love the bigger tabs and buttons.

The song ticker doesn't seem to be following the font preference anymore, nor applying cleartype smoothing.

Setting lightning bolt icon to "hide/show ML" and then using it makes bento forget how big to make the window again after hiding and re-showing. It goes back to the default size.
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:25   #47
Chris000001

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Chris000001
Hmmm. I've got the SRS WowThing plugin (the old one, from 1999, right?) and I'm not getting any crash on Winamp exit. We'll look into your report though. Thanks.
Yes, the old plugin from 1999 version r1.0g. It doesn't crash every time, just usually for me (maybe 7 out of 10 times.) Let me know if you need computer specs or anything else.

And, just to add my opinion, I like the latest Bento skin.
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:45   #48
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:

@Omega X
Hmm. Please explain (screenshot link maybe?). Bento windowshade looks ok here.

Notice that in Shade mode the bottom part of the skin is clipped.

Unless I got a botched install or something, that doesn't look right.
Old 3rd October 2007, 05:24   #49
williamatorb
Orb Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Perseid
williamatorb: ...
I can try to run the install again and see if I can get Windows to give me a core dump if you think that might help.
That could be helpful indeed, if you don't mind. I would love to find out what happened there if possible.
Old 3rd October 2007, 05:33   #50
iron2000

Wow!
Good work on the installer.
I like the component description and the new component classification.

But I got some wording problems with it:
-At the download 3 other functions(Remote, Toolbar and free songs) screen, there is a weird character after the word Winamp. (unicode problem?)
-At the Winamp Setup(another splendid addition) there are unreadable characters at the orange bar and grey bar.

I guess thats what it means for the incomplete installer stated in the first post?

What else will go to the %AppData%\Winamp folder besides ML and Winamp.ini?

Thanx

Last edited by iron2000; 3rd October 2007 at 05:57.
Old 3rd October 2007, 05:34   #51
dkordik

Quote:
Please could anyone who's complaining about the Bento resize also state what your screen resolution and DPI setting is. Thanks.
resolution: 1280x800
DPI: 96 (Vista default)
Old 3rd October 2007, 06:22   #52
DefAde

Quote:
-Improved: Bento skin - larger player, buttons & text; slightly lighter themes; player is now horizontally resizable; added beatvis for player when stretched; plus other tweaks/enhancements*
Oh no, Oh no, OH NO...

OOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE????????

Seriously dudes... It looks major ugly now

I fell in love with the Bento skin the moment i clasped eyes on it... it WAS a really beautiful piece of modern looking design that in my opinion, dragged Winamp back into the current era away from the horribly dated looking Winamp Modern skin...

Yet with such a simple move of making not only the buttons bigger, but also the tabs (media library/vis/browser etc), and also the horrible fat menu bar at the top... you have totally destroyed the beauty, and created something that looks little more than a load of Winamp Classic windows all docked together.

(And that quite frankly should be what people should do if they so desperately want bigger buttons.)

I DON'T... i'm neither short sighted/blind, or a complete baffoon with my mouse... the original small button were more than perfect

I know (as a musician) that if you over-work a piece of art/design, you can actually completely stray away from the original idea... and this is what looks to have happened here

I really hope you go back to the old design before final release (not too far off now, if the 10/10 rumours are to be believed), as i believe it has (or should that be "had") the potential to win over some new fans/users for Winamp, and get people away from the mess that is iTunes... whereas in this state, i think many people will take one look and go "urrgh - no thanks"

Old 3rd October 2007, 06:41   #53
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@dkordik
Yeah, it'll probably look quite large at 1280 x 800
I'm running at 1680 x 1050 and it's just the right size.

@iron2000
Please could you upload a couple of jpg screenshots to stashbox.org
and post either the thumbnail and/or url links here.
The weird character after Winamp is meant to be a ® Registered sign.

All settings files go in the %AppData%\Winamp folder, ie. anything that is written to (winamp.ini, studio.xnf, winamp.m3u(8), winamp.bm, winamp.q1, plugins\gen_ml.ini, plugins\ml\*.*, plugins\gracenote\cddb.db, cddbplm.*, etc etc)

@Wakatteru
Hmm, yeah, we've also noticed some slowness, but mainly with the actual CD Drive view in the ML, when it's accessing the local cddb.db to display the cd info & titles. Hopefully, all of this will optimized in time for the 5.5 Final release.

Re: updating edited cd track titles
Try selecting the playlist entries and then using:
Misc button > Misc > Read extended info on selection (Ctrl+Alt+E)

@Omega X
Hmm, I'm really not sure about the winshade clipping thing. It looks a lot worse in your screenshot than it does on my desktop.

@Chris000001
I've tried a fair few times now, and I can't reproduce any crash with SRS WowThing dsp. Though as I said, we'll look into your crash report and see if we can fathom out what's happening....

@xamphear
I think that songticker/font issue might be because the skin is using antialias="0" (see the notes at the bottom of the Changelog post, 2nd post on page 1).

I couldn't reproduce the lightning bolt/ml size problem.

@hannes
Okay, my bad. It will hopefully be fixed for the Final build. Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2007, 06:53   #54
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
Yeah I liked the smaller bento also. At least put an option in there to switch between the two.
Old 3rd October 2007, 06:54   #55
vjacques

i know, i know it's a 3rd party plug-in but just to give some heads-up: audioscrobbler 1.1.10 stopped working properly with this version. usually just scrobbs 1st track in a playlist (and sometimes a random one from the middle).
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:39   #56
Zero2FiftyIn4

Quote:
Originally posted by vjacques
i know, i know it's a 3rd party plug-in but just to give some heads-up: audioscrobbler 1.1.10 stopped working properly with this version. usually just scrobbs 1st track in a playlist (and sometimes a random one from the middle).
I came in here to post this same thing. I even did a clean install and it still didn't work. So I tried going back to the previous beta and that one works just fine.

"It is, in the end, whatever the Hell I want it to be,
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole,
This wide, straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
They're throwing bottles at your house.
Come on, lets go break their arms."
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:50   #57
crack1up

It would be nice to see the Dynamic Library included. It is a nice feature that doesn't require you to import your files into some unneeded database and that would allow it to be viewed in the Media Library window.
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:28   #58
djhouska

Quote:
Originally posted by DefAde
Oh no, Oh no, OH NO...

OOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

I don't think so. I'm not so goon in English, so I can't write novel , but look at other players (WMP for example). Users have bigger resolutions today. Design is important, i think, but usableness is more important. Bigger buttons => easier clicking on it .

1)to the new features:
*Bento skin: Larger main player and buttons - fantastic. Can song title be i little bit bigger too?
*Resizable main player area - great
*Added beatvis for player when stretched - I like it in classic skin, so why not in Bento too
*New installer - *THUMBS UP*

2)bugs?:
*I have problem too with "Winamp Toolbar for Internet Explorer (optional)" - doesn't work for me in IE7. There is option to show the toolbar, but I'm not able to tick it in menu (it stays always unchecked).

*I have still problems with Multi content view window
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....04#post2239204

3)I vote for these things too:
*Winamp Modern skin: AlbumArt in Notifier
*Option to sort by "modified file date" in ML

Last edited by djhouska; 3rd October 2007 at 08:44.
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:32   #59
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Re: Winamp Beta 5.5 Build 1600 - Extremely Slow

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakatteru
I am using a Windows Vista computer and this new beta release #1600 seems to be insanely slow when I am playing CDs. I click "next" and it takes 5 seconds to get to the next song. Also, when applying changes to song titles, the changes don't occur in the playlist until you click "next" through all the songs.
I am glad that I am not the only one that has experianced some funkyness with the CD reading portion of this build. I have tried to rip a few CDs to MP3s and I have noticed that with some CDs, winamp will freeze at 99% of the first track. However, it keeps increasing the file size until you end task on winamp. I let it sit in the frozen state and one file got to 4 gigs.

I have noticed it locking up on the following CDs
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadiuum Arcadium (both Discs)
Dr Dre - The Cronic

But it worked on a couple of other CDs. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:46   #60
dawiidou

Quote:
Originally posted by DefAde
Oh no, Oh no, OH NO...

OOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

I fell in love with the Bento skin the moment i clasped eyes on it... it WAS a really beautiful piece of modern looking design that in my opinion, dragged Winamp back into the current era away from the horribly dated looking Winamp Modern skin...

Yet with such a simple move of making not only the buttons bigger, but also the tabs (media library/vis/browser etc), and also the horrible fat menu bar at the top... you have totally destroyed the beauty, and created something that looks little more than a load of Winamp Classic windows all docked together.

(And that quite frankly should be what people should do if they so desperately want bigger buttons.)

I DON'T... i'm neither short sighted/blind, or a complete baffoon with my mouse... the original small button were more than perfect

I know (as a musician) that if you over-work a piece of art/design, you can actually completely stray away from the original idea... and this is what looks to have happened here

I really hope you go back to the old design before final release (not too far off now, if the 10/10 rumours are to be believed), as i believe it has (or should that be "had") the potential to win over some new fans/users for Winamp, and get people away from the mess that is iTunes... whereas in this state, i think many people will take one look and go "urrgh - no thanks"

+1 Totally agree...
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:52   #61
iron2000

For picture, I only have one for the Winamp Setup.
The other screen's is pretty minor.

http://stashbox.org/40440/wording.jpg

[Edit] +1 to above post.

Thanx
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:06   #62
Ruramuq

The new Classic Skin Analyzer is a bit depressive for me,I really don't like it,(Spectrum/oscilloscope)it behaves too slow, no beats, no mood(after 5.5.0 Beta, Build 1550 ). So, I decided to deactivated it. but there's a bug, an old one, it's just a refresh issue.

Winamp / Preferences / Skins / Classic Skins / Classic Visualization —› "No visualization"

when winamp plays the next song, it refreshes the visualization area, creating a flat color, like the next image shows

·
› but it should behave like this —› http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...xtra/WA_OK.jpg
(that is not the skin I use, it's a random skin, for testing this refresh issue SKIN url )

› if Winamp "main window" is turned into "windowshade mode" and then back to normal mode, the issue is fixed, but the next song will re-create/refresh that flat area again
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:23   #63
toology

I'm still having a problem with auto-tag mixing up song tags on a couple of albums!

Thumbs up for the new Bentoo look.
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:04   #64
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
1. Why did it install Gracenote when I did not ask for it? In fact, where's the option to not allow it to install?

2. This is bad: http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3471/ewwwrq8.jpg
I'm using XPSP2 English version with Hebrew support.

3. I've been wondering about this for a long time: Winamp puts in both the root dir and the Plugins folder these two files: tataki.dll and nscrt.dll. Removing them from the Plugins folder is OK. Winamp still runs (because there's a copy in the root dir. However, removing them from the root dir (and keeping the Plugins folder copy of them), doesn't work - Winamp will not load. What gives?

4. nde.dll should be put in the Plugins/ML folder and not in the root dir... IMO.

Old 3rd October 2007, 10:43   #65
waxmachine

Hi!

Thank you for the new version. Unfortunately, Winamp still crashes when I plug in my Sansa Express MP3 player. It crashes since 5.35 or so and I also reported this bug on each beta version of Winamp 5.5, but still no luck

It says: "Pure virtual function call" and crashes. Attached is the crash report.

Could you please tell me, what I can do to help you fix the bug? If this is not fixed until final I will have to use another program to copy files to my MP3 player, which would be a pity, since I really like how Winamp creates the folder structure.

Bye
Michel
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (47.6 KB, 409 views)
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:17   #66
doodle2

Good work on the new build, especially reverting the "DWM fix" that was causing my Vista to freeze every now and then...

Few suggetions/requests/praises , if you may:

1) Is it possible to make the installer resizable? I uncheck/check many options when I install winamp, and in the current state, there is very little space to scroll through the components' checkboxes. Making it resizable would give users more space to see what they choose to install/leave out.

2) I don't know what improvements you made to the Media Library, but it's much faster now! Searching for a song in my library (of about 5200 songs) is now about 50% faster than previous builds.

3) As all the posts before me - BRING BACK THE OLD BENTO! The new Bento is too big! One of the main reasons I don't use the "Winamp Modern" skin is that it's huge, and just when I fell in love with the new Bento skin, you make it bigger... Please bring it back to how it used to be For now I'll go back to the good ol' Winamp Classic <3

David
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:21   #67
konan

Quote:
Originally posted by dawiidou
+1 Totally agree...
i agree, the older bento skin looked better...
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:27   #68
Serophos

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
[Image]

Notice that in Shade mode the bottom part of the skin is clipped.

Unless I got a botched install or something, that doesn't look right.
Looks OK here (on Vista-Ultimate)
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:28   #69
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Quote:
Originally posted by doodle2
1) Is it possible to make the installer resizable? I uncheck/check many options when I install winamp, and in the current state, there is very little space to scroll through the components' checkboxes. Making it resizable would give users more space to see what they choose to install/leave out.
I have to agree about this.

Old 3rd October 2007, 11:33   #70
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by YtseJam
3. I've been wondering about this for a long time: Winamp puts in both the root dir and the Plugins folder these two files: tataki.dll and nscrt.dll. Removing them from the Plugins folder is OK. Winamp still runs (because there's a copy in the root dir. However, removing them from the root dir (and keeping the Plugins folder copy of them), doesn't work - Winamp will not load. What gives?

4. nde.dll should be put in the Plugins/ML folder and not in the root dir... IMO.
both of these are due to apps like zonealarm and the like which will throw up dll loading issues such as from opening the modern skin window menus. by having those dlls duplicated in the directories it allows for ZA/etc to load the dll correctly (since they seem to alter the default search path for related dlls). it's a far from ideal situation but it's easier than constant error messages which affect the user in those cases.

with #4 it's a similar thing but comes down to dll loading/linkage and how nde.dll is run as a delay-load dll which means it needs to be in the root directory of the winamp install (since everything is then based relative to winamp.exe once loaded).

hopefully that makes some sense. if you don't experience issues then there's no problem in removing the duplicated dlls in the plugins folder.

-daz
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:41   #71
armstrong

Kudos

@DJ Egg:
Thanks for a fine build. Looks like 1660 harnessed at least one loose pointer(no crashes so far; even Justin's DSP plugin runs flawlessly now!).

Unrelated bug: navigation sidebar and caption on the new "Winamp Configuration" window come up in unidentified, unreadable font. (Systems here configured with Windows1225 as default character set for non-unicode apps -- maybe has something to do with this). Let me know if you need a screenshot.

And an unrelated wish: 24-bit output from in_flac even for 8 and 16-bit files. (Much like in_mp3, FLAC is capable of "guessing" least significant bits in a way that reduces digitization artifacts of the original).

Again, thanks & kudos on resolving the stability issue!

Last edited by armstrong; 3rd October 2007 at 12:56.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:55   #72
RandomCarpet

Quote:
Install caused a blue screen:
Stop 000000F4
00000003 88C67788 88C678FC 805C75B8

On reboot the system would blue screen again...
Similar problem here - install caused a blue screen:
PHP Code:
Stopc000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000094 (0x75b6be8a 0x0069fbf4
System blue screens again 10-15 seconds after logging with the Windows user account used for installation.

Quote:
...until I went into safe mode and took OrbTray.exe out of the startup list.
That solved the problem for me too.

I don't like the button resize in Bento either
(default monitor: oldish 15" LCD, resolution: 1024x768 )
but on my laptop's 14.1" 1440x1050 it's slightly more usable now. I suggest that you include graphics for both versions and put an option to select buttons size in Skin Settings and/or make Bento automatically choose "the best" buttons size on skin load, based on current viewport width / height

Latest skin: fCrcl
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:14   #73
soulstace

Thanks for another fine build! I already noticed that you fixed the enlarged playlist/album art issue I mentioned :0)

Unfortunately, I am another one who thinks that you took some steps backwards when enlarging the Bento skin. ): Although my grievance is mainly with the bloated look of windowshade mode only.
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:27   #74
The Serminator

Location: on the road to Elysium with my pockets full of diamonds
Wow... so much angst over the bigger Bento buttons.

The buttons don't matter to me... and I'm hoping that the new release re-energizes the skinners out there...

But, as for Bento, I only have one comment:

Is it possible to "double up" the new File info / visualization / Stored playlists / equalizer / Skin Settings pane?

It just seems redundant to me to have the main window -- with ALBUM ART! -- and the other file info right next to the "old" main window with scrolling text... and the whole shebang next to the Playlist Editor pane. If you have Winamp open and stretched horizontally across the screen as I do, the same info (title, album, artist) appears 3 times!

I would love it if the new Album Art and etc. pane could be "doubled up" so that I could have both the album art pane and a larger Vis pane open at the same time (don't even need the Playlist Editor pane)... but have all of of it stretched across the screen horizontally... instead of having to take up the whole screen, if I want a vis, by clicking on the tabbed panes below the main window. And, btw, the little bittie Vis screen available as a "File Info Components" option is close, but not big enough.

I'd try to cut and paste some kind of mock-up, but hopefully my words are clear enough.

"Come with me, if you want to live."
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:59   #75
soulstace

Quote:
Originally posted by The Serminator
Wow... so much angst over the bigger Bento buttons.
It's not the size of the buttons that bothered me. It's the size of the skin. The buttons/controls are actually still the same size in windowshade mode, but the player is fatter which makes it look bloated.

Anyways, I guess we shouldn't throw up so much of a fuss anymore. I was able to fix windowshade mode with a few quick edits to the player-shade.xml file in

C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\Winamp Bento\xml\

Now windowshade is back to how I like it
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:48   #76
MrX_1980

Send a message via ICQ to MrX_1980
d)
The Settings of the "Docked Toolbar" are not saved.
I think in preview 2 it worked.
edit1:
After a new install it works now, but to set it to
Auto-hide = off
Always on Top = on
Top = activated

I have to click severel times on it because it auto adjust to the dafault.

edit2:
It is good to use DImanager to save the Deskop Icons positions, because sometimes they distroy if you use the "Docked Toolbar"

e)
Streaming:
after a buffer underun the new cached stream is played to "fast" ("jerking") sometimes.
With 256KB Buffer (in_mp3) instead of 64KB it seems to get worse.
http://metafiles.gl-systemhaus.de/wd...l_einslive.m3u

b) and c)
I can reproduce it on my Notebook, so it seems not be a PC specific problem.
So I think a driver problem could it not be.

(I hope you understand what I mean :-)

Last edited by MrX_1980; 3rd October 2007 at 15:09.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:10   #77
xamphear

Quote:
@xamphear
I think that songticker/font issue might be because the skin is using antialias="0" (see the notes at the bottom of the Changelog post, 2nd post on page 1).

I couldn't reproduce the lightning bolt/ml size problem.
The skin I'm using is Bento v0.9 #105.

Weird, I can reproduce the lightning bolt problem on both my work and home PC.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:15   #78
pipliner

I have a feature request regarding ipods (and winamp with bento skin).

Cover show does work fine in ipod. Thanks!

But I miss the appearance of the album art for every played song during playback in ipod (Atm only the first song displays the album cover, all folowing songs show an empty half screen for the album art).
Same behaviour is if I play a song from ipod in Winamp: The cover art doesn't appear in the main window (only in the album art view in media library).

So is it possible to add this feature so that both winamp and ipod not only show the album art for the albums(medialibrary/cover show) but also for every played song in the main window of winamp and ipod screen?

Btw. Thanks for the fast support of new ipods!!

Last edited by pipliner; 3rd October 2007 at 14:48.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:22   #79
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@ all who are complaining about resized Bento

Please do not forget to include your screen resolution & DPI settings.

Yes, if it's possible, and there's enough time to make it happen, we might be able to include a Bento small & large option...

@ vjacques & Zero2FiftyIn4
Sorry, I've no idea about the audioscrobbler plugin.
DrO might have an idea though.... we shall see.

@Juanus
ml_disc/in_cdda is definitely in need of some optimizing prior to 5.5 Final

@Ruramuq
Yup, that disabled classic vis refresh issue is a known old bug/issue.
ie. it's not 5.5beta-specific, and should be posted in the Bug Reports forum.
I'll add it to the internal bugtracker.
Note that we can't reproduce any slowness/lag issues with spectrum vis.

@toology
Re: ml_autotag mismatches
Yeah, I see the same thing on one or two albums, mainly compilations, where it gets two or three tracks on the album totally wrong. This issue is being looked into. Thanks.

@djhouska
Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on with the Toolbar thing.
Plenty have said the same as you, that it doesn't work.
Others have said it works beautifully, as in here.

@waxmachine
We're going to have to get hold of a Sansa Express player.
That's the only way we're going to be able to reproduce & fix it.

@YtseJam

Gracenote libraries are installed as follows, if any of the following are checkmarked in the installer options:

1. CDDB Support drops and registers: CDDBControlWinamp.dll & CDDBUIWinamp.dll

2. When 'Sonic Burning Support' is also checked, CDDB Support also installs: CddbWOManagerWinamp.dll & Cddbx1/2/3/4/5.dll (5 files)

3. ml_nowplaying drops and registers: CDDBControlWinamp.dll + CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll

4. ml_plg (Playlist Generator) drops and registers: CDDBControlWinamp.dll, CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll + CddbPlaylist2Winamp.dll

5. ml_autotag drops and registers: CDDBControlWinamp.dll & CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll

All 5 also drop gracenote.w5s in the Winamp\System dir

@ iron2000 & YtseJam & armstrong

Re: installer weird fonts

It looks like we're using Arial Unicode MS for the headers and navigation.
I guess this must mean that you don't have that font installed...
ie. we'll need to change it to another font which is definitely on all Windows 2k/XP/Vista systems by default, eg. Lucida Sans Unicode (Arial Unicode MS is installed by MS Office, heh).
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:35   #80
TheUniqueTiger

Good things first...
1. Great job on the installer
2. Most of the bugs/issues reported are fixed.

Now...
1. The bigger Bento skin looks good as well as ugly at times... The main player area and the file info area are now looking good. But what was the need to make the tabs showing Media Library, Video, Vis, Browser so large? I simply don't understand... (I'm using 1024*768, 96dpi) Even after reading the entire 2 threads on previous 5.5 betas, no one requested bigger tabs. In addition please use a better font for the menus, songticker, text on the large tabs and the file info components. These are so large and even with ClearType enabled, they don't look smooth, the ugliest being the text on tabs. The bigger buttons don't bother me much as I always use MMkeys/hotkeys, but the display font does annoy me now. The font was the same in 'smaller' Bento but didn't appear rough as it was small and could be easily ignored, but these stare at you. Please change the font to something smoother, I can live with the large size of the tabs but not the rough font. Or please make it customizable.

2. The Windowshade (Bento) does clip as mentioned earlier.

3. Winamp now takes unusually long time to startup. I've set my internet connection in prefs to 'Connected via modem', disabled reporting usage stats, disabled checking new versions, disabled splash screen and checked 'Don't load ML data at startup'. These are the same settings as in 5.5b2 (#1568) but I don't know why it now takes about 5-6 secs to even show the UI.

More as I dig into this beta.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB

Last edited by TheUniqueTiger; 3rd October 2007 at 14:50.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion