Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Juanus

Aha! Of course.
Yeah, FFoD requires JTFE :-)

@deadp0et

FAQ stuff dude

How to setup an Album Art view in the Media Library
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....72#post2286572

More info about Album Art (criteria / naming / downloading / etc)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....d=278538#notes
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....51#post2251651
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....19#post2257419

Setting album art for compilations so it all shows as one album
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=278788
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=278772

etc etc etc
Old 23rd December 2007, 13:48   #82
Franky_B

Great Version. Works perfect. Well translated.

I have found only 1 problem: Picture and sound are not played synchronized in FLV-Videos.
Old 23rd December 2007, 13:53   #83
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Well translated.
Thanks.

Cannot reproduce your flv problem. But in_flv supports vp6 only, so I prefer the DirectShow method.

Last edited by Koopa; 23rd December 2007 at 14:19.
Old 23rd December 2007, 14:12   #84
deadp0et

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@deadp0et

FAQ stuff dude

How to setup an Album Art view in the Media Library
etc etc etc
Thanks.

I wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Davide
Old 24th December 2007, 10:49   #85
Jusa1

Hello to WinAmp's Development Team!

I want to congratulate you all for making the best MP3 player to PC. To me Winamp really is a best player. I have used it from it's early version of 2.70 upto this version, and during years Winamp is changed very many times and it has also got lots of new features during each versions. Mostly from Winamp i always have installed final versions, because beta versions are mostly risky to use. And also i now only have detected from this version that bug, that Nullsoft Module Decoder v2.3 (alias in_mod.dll) has still some trackers missing from it, because still some mod-files it can't play. But it doesn't bother me very much, because also with WinAmp i use plugin called : SurfSmurfs Oldsk00l Mod Player 0.88. That plugin still works with some mods, which Winamp's in_mod.dll can't play. And anyway : Happy 10th Anniversary to WinAmp (i'm Sorry if I say this very late)

Also to Koopatrooper and to DJ Egg : I have already fixed my Finnish translation for Essentials Pack, it's there in your thread waiting for use. I'm also very Sorry if that my last translation for that was bad and if it gave any problems. You can grab it to you and read it with any texteditor. Then you can see, that it really includes all needed codelines, like example:

LangString "UI01" ${LANG_FINNISH} "Lisää vaihtoehdot piilottamaan ominaisuus-sivut ja muokkaamaan valikoita."
LangString "UI03" ${LANG_FINNISH} "Sijoittaa modernit ja klassiset kuoret eri alivalikkoihin 'Skin' valikossa."

Also i have noticed that there is already one Finnish translation for Winamp and that is for the version 5.17 , so i'm not yet doing any other Finnish translation for Winamp, but maybe later in future and if it's needed. Most of us Finnish users will use Winamp with English language.

but now, Merry Christmas to all of you (And also to Winamp users) and Hellos from here Finland.
------------------------------------------
Jusa1 from Finland.
"Remember if you sometimes make a mistake: Nobody's perfect"

---------------------------------------------------------
Ps. So from in_mod.dll is missing these trackers :
NoiseTracker
StarTrekker
(maybe some more)
Hopefully in future that in_mod.dll can play all mods.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 24th December 2007, 13:54   #86
Kn0tte
Major Dude

5.5 changelog:

--------------------------------------------------------
* Improved: [gen_ff] General freeform skinning engine optimizations

* Fixed: Bento skin / winamp.exe / gen_ff - detached ml window glitch when switching from another skin with ml & vid/vis windows open; ml sometimes not filling entire tab at startup; weird artefacts on desktop when moving or minimizing/restoring*

That is the reason why I am getting the Media Library window issue (opens behind other windows).. I know it..

Try a clean install, delete everything you should delete, open Winamp, use WA Modern Skin, make the playlist editor window larger, (maybe close/restart Winamp), press ML button -> Bug reproduced.

By the way, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year =)
Old 24th December 2007, 16:17   #87
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
5.5 changelog:

* Improved: [gen_ff] General freeform skinning engine optimizations

* Fixed: Bento skin / winamp.exe / gen_ff - detached ml window glitch when switching from another skin with ml & vid/vis windows open; ml sometimes not filling entire tab at startup; weird artefacts on desktop when moving or minimizing/restoring*

That is the reason why I am getting the Media Library window issue (opens behind other windows).. I know it..

Try a clean install, delete everything you should delete, open Winamp, use WA Modern Skin, make the playlist editor window larger, (maybe close/restart Winamp), press ML button -> Bug reproduced.

By the way, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year =)
O.K. now I am getting the feeling that you are just trying to increase your post count for some reason. We get it! EVERYONE gets it! You don't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. So why Kn0tte rest your posting finger till the next version? Please!! That's my Christmas wish.
Old 24th December 2007, 18:17   #88
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Ok, that is okay.. I just had to write that because those fixes is about the ML and might be the reason for the problems.. So, now they know that..
Done.

Btw, why should I want to increase my post count? :S

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year?
Old 25th December 2007, 10:04   #89
TheUniqueTiger

DJ Egg, any idea if the antialias attribute for the fonts (to make them smooth) in Bento will be implemented in the next version? I had been using the antialias for the installation on my PC and had also backed up the files to be replaced after upgrading. But post 5.5, I have realized that since the upgrade also has some updates to the Bento skin files, reverting to the old files will somehow cause some problems or downgrade the version (at least I feel so) and hence that is not a good idea. So can this be included in the next version please? This is actually not a wishlist request since I had pointed this out in the 5.5 betas too and has been ignored since then... (I see no point in keeping pixelated roughened fonts all across the screen, when almost everyone uses smooth fonts these days.)

Merry Christmas!!!

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB
Old 26th December 2007, 18:16   #90
Juanus
Major Dude

Happy after christmas
Quick question about art downloading behavior
In the file info of an MP3
Artwork tab
if you click on download art, select the art you would like
The art then appears in the cover window.
However, it does not put the jpg in the folder

Is it supposed to do this automatically? If you choose the artwork from any other area (media library, album art window), it auto puts the file in the folder.
Old 26th December 2007, 19:43   #91
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@Juanus

Yes. It works fine here.
It places %albumname%.jpg in the containing folder,
and works every time without fail for me.

@TheUniqueTiger

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post2254636
Quote:
As from v5.51, the only entry you need to change in the player-normal-mcv.xml file is:

Change all antialias="0" entries to antialias="1"
i.e. don't restore the modified backup file from 5.5
just edit antialias= in player-normal-mcv.xml from 5.51
Old 26th December 2007, 20:09   #92
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
@Juanus

Yes. It works fine here.
It places %albumname%.jpg in the containing folder,
and works every time without fail for me.
\

Yes, you are correct.
I must be going crazy winamping. Or punch drunk or something. Everything works fine. Thank you.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:15   #93
TheUniqueTiger

Quote:

@TheUniqueTiger

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post2254636
i.e. don't restore the modified backup file from 5.5
just edit antialias= in player-normal-mcv.xml from 5.51
I know... thats what I said that you have to manually change all values now... Just wanted to know if this suggestion would be included in Bento... I guess the answer is no. So after every upgrade to get rid of the ugly roughed up fonts, I'll have to manually keep on doing so... (I've already done it for each version since 5.5 beta1!) Doesn't anyone else feel those fonts are ugly?

Another thing that I noticed while doing the edits was that there are some text displays for which the antialias attribute is not present (since 5.5)... You have to add it for those.

You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
Old 27th December 2007, 19:13   #94
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I agree that antialias should be set to =1 by default.

But Martin, Taber & Benski made/maintain the Bento skin, not me...
Old 28th December 2007, 05:10   #95
TheUniqueTiger

Ok... then waiting for them to read these posts and respond...!

Old 28th December 2007, 15:32   #96
jsserver

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
What do you mean with SHOUTcast support?

Yeah, you can listen to shoutcast streams with Winamp 5.51 like with all other Winamp versions too. Also, you can stream your own stuff with the SHOUTcast DSP plug-in like in all other Winamp versions.
OK, just needed to know if the DSP plug-in works fine. Already had a problem with this, in an earlier version once.

So just checking.

Thnx.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:35   #97
MasterViVi

My bugs:
- after using replaygain, the visualisation (the ones in the main window) is super small (as in; the little bars barely go up);
- iPod 4G: all transferred tracks have a five-star rating (i don't rate my tracks, so they have an empty rating);
- iPod 4G: problems with album names like () or �_, they appear several times in the album list on the iPod;
- probably not possible, but maybe there's some way to get rid of the clicking-noise of the built-in browser (I know this adheres to the Windows-setting, but I'd like to keep that one);
- issues with long album names:
--> the context menu isn't cut off, so it's gigantic;
--> no way to add a cover, the filename of the created image is the first part of the album name, with no extension;
--> ReplayGain calculator thinks two albums with long names are the same if the beginning of the name is the same.
- no way to remove embedded art from multiple files at once;
- impossible to add a new art if there's already one embedded;
- if the track number is 0, it isn't shown in the media library.

edit: second album name above can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%A0_%28album%29.

Last edited by MasterViVi; 28th December 2007 at 19:42.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:02   #98
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

"ReplayGain calculator thinks two albums with long names are the same if the beginning of the name is the same"

Not sure, but maybe that's a Windows limitation?
How long are we talking exactly?

"no way to add a cover, the filename of the created image is the first part of the album name, with no extension"

Sorry, but I don't undertsand what you meant by this.
But again, if it's due to a filename length limitation in Windows itself, then I don't think there's much we can do...

"impossible to add a new art if there's already one embedded"

Not impossible. You have to delete the embedded art first, via:
File Info -> Artwork tab -> Delete
Then you should be able to load a new cover via the 'Load cover' button.
Works fine for me anyway, heh.

"probably not possible, but maybe there's some way to get rid of the clicking-noise of the built-in browser (I know this adheres to the Windows-setting, but I'd like to keep that one)"

Correct.
The serverside pages (NowPlaying, Dashboard, Online Services, etc) are just embedded Internet Explorer pages, and therefore use the same setting as Windows/IE:
Control Panel -> Sounds... -> Windows Explorer -> Start/Complete Navigation = None

---------------------------------

I don't have an iPod, but I guess those two reported issues will need looking into....
Can anyone else confirm whether or not tracks with no rating show as Rating=5 on transfer?

I can repro the "Track# = 0" issue.
Hmm, are there lots of albums that have a Track# 0 on them?
I've seen one or two maybe, but realistically, all albums start at track 1.
I think the issue here is that the mldb ignores leading zeroes anyway.
Old 30th December 2007, 15:36   #99
setonfire

Thankyou

Thankyou for the update. I really admire the effort put in by you all here.
Old 31st December 2007, 00:47   #100
synthetiq

just a basic question:

can winamp 5.5 (or 5.51) send protected songs form itunes, photos or movies to the actual ipod nano with wide screen ?

i've tryed to send protected songs with winamp to ipod and i guess didn t worked, as for the photos i guess would be great to manage them via winamp.

thnkx
Old 1st January 2008, 04:10   #101
byblo

Nice release, but unfortunately, winamp 5.51 (and 5.50) broke some classic function like the last view in ML :

The following ini value is used to remember the last selected item in the ML : gen_ml.ini, [gen_ml_config], last_view
As instance, if you close winamp and your last selection was "Bookmarks", at restarting winamp, the selection will return to "Bookmarks"

But if you use a third ML plugin like Album List, and as instance your selection when closing winamp where at : "Album List/classic" (last_view=Album List/classic), this one is skipped at restarting winamp to the next regular item.

This issue appear since winamp 5.5x, 5.35 was working correctly.

Additional note : If I close the window ML before closing winamp, and re-open after restated winamp, the problem didn't occur.
Old 1st January 2008, 16:35   #102
Firestorm08

mhhh your 5.51 version is really nice but ive a problem with it :P if i take more items (>50) to a playlist aND play the one of them und klick forward 3 times (fast) to go on the next 3rd track it plays every track for one seks of time until he is at the last track .... same thing backwards when klick 3 times on backwards...( SRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :P)

also sometimes it hangs on startup of winamp ... the symbol of winamp in the taskbar .... its scraching and after a while (5 seks) it is booted . Strange h3h3

IT was a clean install of 5.51

pentium 4 3,2 ghz
1 GB RAM XP SP2

Last edited by Firestorm08; 1st January 2008 at 18:19.
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:09   #103
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
My new bug is is actually someone's old bug. Global Hotkeys don't work with Microsoft Keyboards when the keyboard software(iType6.1) is running.
Old 5th January 2008, 16:42   #104
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by byblo
if you use a third ML plugin like Album List, and as instance your selection when closing winamp where at : "Album List/classic" (last_view=Album List/classic), this one is skipped at restarting winamp to the next regular item.

This issue appear since winamp 5.5x, 5.35 was working correctly.
the albumlist plugin will need to be updated to not remove its entry from the ml tree on exit so that the new code (5.5+) in gen_ml will be able to correctly log its position. if it's not removing its tree entry on exit then i'm not too sure what else would be causing that issue.

-daz
Old 5th January 2008, 19:53   #105
pipingmad

Winamp toolbar in IE

The player buttons in my toolbar do not work for me.

I tried reading through the posts but did not see anything related to this, unless I missed it.

EDIT-----------

nevermind. it's working now. :-)
Old 7th January 2008, 11:42   #106
mm87

Send a message via Yahoo to mm87
Nice version indeed except for some minor bugs like http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....postid=2291893 ,so to speak.
I've just switched to Winamp from WMP mainly because WMP lacks support for Sony Ericsson phones etc and only focuses on the goddamn playsforsure thing
Old 13th January 2008, 07:47   #107
TheUniqueTiger

I wanted t point out one thing that I'm noticing right since the playlist could be expanded in Bento... Its not a bug, but just good enough to let you know (you must have already noticed it!)

You have more than 100 tracks in playlist and the playlist in Bento is expanded. Now when you reach the last few tracks of the playlist, close Winamp. Next time when you start Winamp, you will notice only a few tracks at the end of the playlist visible in the playlist as if the playlist was not expanded. The rest of the expanded playlist is all empty space. I think if the playlist is expanded then the tracks should fill the expanded playlist... This is only with Bento... The Winamp modern skin playlist adjusts itself with the size of the playlist.

Old 16th January 2008, 23:53   #108
Kiyouta

When you use 'View file info...' to edit the currently playing song's tag, the title is not updated in the main Winamp window. You have to stop and start the song to update the title.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:34   #109
dreamlayers

FFOD doesn't work for me too

I'm running Vista 32 bit and the Find File on Disk plugin also does nothing for me. Control+F from the media library works, but that seems to be a Winamp feature because it also continues working after I uninstall the plugin. It worked in XP.
Old 25th January 2008, 01:25   #110
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, thought I'd locked this thread... am doing now, since 5.51 is no longer supported.

Find File On Disk requires the Jump to File Extra plugin (gen_jumpex.dll) to be installed, so make sure you didn't uncheck that in the installer options (under the "User Interface Extensions" node).
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion