Old 16th February 2008, 15:57   #81
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

When I press the ML button in the Main window, the ML always appears on top.

However, I can reproduce the problem when using the Alt+L hotkey, or "View menu -> Media Library"... which is weird, because I couldn't before, but now I can
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 17:50   #82
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
When I press the ML button in the Main window, the ML always appears on top.

However, I can reproduce the problem when using the Alt+L hotkey, or "View menu -> Media Library"... which is weird, because I couldn't before, but now I can
Ok.. Heh.. Yeah, it is very weird.. "Sometimes this happens, sometimes not, sometimes another thing happens, sometimes not" etc.. Weird..

What are your thoughts now then? Are you going to look into it? Atleast I am very confused..

Keep up the good work
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 18:09   #83
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
What are your thoughts now then? Are you going to look into it? Atleast I am very confused..
Here we go again! Please make it stop!
There is no need to keep repeating it! Everybody knows. And it has been being looked into. you are Kn0tte getting ignored. Now it is getting beyond annoying.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 19:45   #84
DrO

well said Juanus and is the main reason i believe for benski posting what he did

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 23:07   #85
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
well said Juanus and is the main reason i believe for benski posting what he did

-daz
Ok, fine.. Now I know that you are looking into it, and I can stop posting about it.. And now you probably understand that there IS something weird going on here..
This bug affects all Modern Skins (except SUI-skins), so it is a bad bug (most bugs are bad though) :P
Keep up the good work Im sorry for being a bit annoying.. :P

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Im not eating Winamp raw, now Im just hoping and waiting"
(Heh..)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Kn0tte; 16th February 2008 at 23:24.
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 22:53   #86
bdarley

Thank you, thank you so much for adding support for reading/writing BPM metadata from FLAC files and displaying it in the BPM comlumn. This change to [in_flac], combined with the recent addition of reading MP3 BPM data for the BPM column, both are a very useful feature for selecting music by tempo at ballroom dances. :-)

I'm also happy that support was added to [in_mp3] for reading APEv2 tags. Now I can use Winamp to edit the replay gain value written by the MP3Gain program within the APEv2 tag. I would edit Replay Gain field within the ID3v2 tag, except that the "File Info" dialog box can't edit that field for some reason. But no matter. I'm so happy to be able to edit the APEv2 tag and will be even more pleased in the future when Winamp will apparently be able to create the APEv2 tag.

The Winamp development team is awesome! :-) You're awesome because you listen to the users of the program and are responsive to our needs. I DJ about 40 social dances and another 30 weddings every year, and I always highly recommend Winamp to anyone asking about the software we use. I have purchased WinampPro licenses long ago for our 2 computers and would even pay a subscription fee to use Winamp. It is the most flexible and useful software tool we have available.
Thanks, :-)
Brent
bdarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:39   #87
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Weird error, I went to edit info in the Media Library and once I clicked on "OK" for the edit, Winamp completely forgot my music.

I am not making this shit up, it made me to rescan from scratch.

Edit: Just found out that the edited files were marked Read Only so the changes didn't take. Maybe this is related to another issue. Winamp could have told me that the files were Read Only so that I could have unmarked them.

Last edited by Omega X; 23rd February 2008 at 19:57.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 03:31   #88
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
Winamp could have told me that the files were Read Only so that I could have unmarked them.
Out of curiosity, why would you feel that Winamp could/should have told you that?

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 12:34   #89
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I think it used to come up with an error message, once upon a time...
something like 'error writing file to disk' or something.
I'm not sure when/why that message was removed.
Old 24th February 2008, 16:30   #90
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Oh.... yeah Egg, I do remember that now. So... why was it removed anyway? That doesn't make sense. Maybe the devs can throw it back in there in time for the 5.53 release?
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 16:15   #91
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Winamp 5.52 Autoplay Handler poblem

Hi friends,

Installed the Winamp 5.52 in german language. After inserting an Audio CD it appears an Autoplay Menu.

I have there 2 (two) entries: Play (with Winamp) in english language and the same in german.

Reinstalled with the option to launch Winamp with AudioCDs disabled. Play (with Winamp) english entry cannot be deleted.

On Winamp removal (uninstall) all entries are removed.

HELP!

Olexijl
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2008, 17:06   #92
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

start -> run -> regedit

Edit the value of this registry string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\WinampPlayMediaOnArrival

Action = Play
Old 13th March 2008, 20:10   #93
Sylver Cheetah

Send a message via ICQ to Sylver Cheetah Send a message via AIM to Sylver Cheetah Send a message via Yahoo to Sylver Cheetah
I hate that I get the update screen everytime I start the program!
Sylver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 20:21   #94
pjn123
Major Dude

Winamp Preferences > General Preferences > "Check for new versions of Winamp at startup"

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion