Old 9th September 2008, 21:42   #1
catmarch2004

Winamp crashes when Sansa Fuze is connected

Hi,
I have a strange problem. That is when my Sansa Fuze 2GB is connected to the computer. The moment I open my winamp, after a few seconds when it detected my Sansa Fuze, it crashes automatically.
This problem can be simulated all the time.

The moment I plug out my Sansa Fuze and relauch my winamp, it works smoothly without any problem.
What's the cause?
catmarch2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 15:10   #2
jarrodsplace

same problem with Samsung P2

Please fix.
jarrodsplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 04:09   #3
blueg00se

i also have the same problem, but with my Sony NWZ- A728.
ive checked all the FAQs, sticky's etc.

Can anyone please help?
Thank you.
blueg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 23:25   #4
sbray420

I am having this same problem with the 4Gb model as well. Has anyone found a solution yet?
sbray420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009, 05:16   #5
cramforddan

Sansa Fuze Crashes Winamp

On the device you must navigate to the system settings/USB MODE then select MSC. This will allow windows to recognize the device as a mass storage device. Then (if enabled) select winamp to handle the device. I have done this and it worked for me. Good Luck!
cramforddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 21:02   #6
richardbrentm

doesn't winamp moderate this forum? They don't know why Fuze's don't work with Winamp. Shame on them!
richardbrentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 21:34   #7
mw_humble

Fix for Winamp and Sansa Fuze

Two things - you've probably already seen the threads about reverting WMP11 back to WMP10 - that's half of the fix that I've found.

I found the other piece of the puzzle by looking at my error logs - in XP, there was an application error caused by WMP's DRM settings.

The error message reads:
Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.8.2985, faulting module indivbox.key, version 11.0.6000.7000, fault address 0x000ae8fc.

In the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM, there's a file named IndivBox.key - I opened this file and cleared it (using notepad) then saved it (it will now be a 0 byte file) - this is what allowed me to use WinAmp to edit files on my Fuze.

Since I don't have any DRMed files that I care about (my music is only MP3s, if I can help it), this worked for me.

WinAmp is still kindof squirelly (it will crash on me if I try to add a new playlist, or edit file info (metatags) while its transferring files to the device.

The error message reads:
Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.8.2985, faulting module pmp_p4s.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000043d3.

Once I figured out to watch the transfer status (by selecting the "Portables" item in the menu, above the SanDisk Sansa device) and not try anything until its done with all active transfers, it works for me.
mw_humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports