Old 30th March 2015, 15:43   #81
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. View Post
thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately there seems to be no option to edit historical posts - I really dont know how to do that. Dont know if its possible at all. Also I think splitting this thread would make it difficult to keep things together.
a user can only edit posts for a few hours or so, and then it gets cemented. an admin or mod however can edit posts no matter how old, so just PM DJ Egg or some other mod and include the link to the post and the new copy, and hopefully they will kindly update the post for you.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 18:31   #82
altae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
the good news is that winamp does accept 3rd party plugins, and so there is a chance to enhance winamp outside of its core development. that's a lot more than most software allows. yes, it would be nice to see these things natively, but they are niche and they aren't the priority.
Sorry but the plugin system is standard to any renown media player out there. Foobar, Media Monkey, Kodi (XBMC)... even Windows Media Player supports plugins. That's the problem with Winamp: The Winamp team might think that they have got something that nobody else has to offer. Unfortunately that's not the case. Now there is a chance to revitalize Winamp, to distinguish it from other players out there by taking into consideration features that have long been desired by faithful Winamp users. Such a player could even be sold. Not to the big masses but to enthusiasts who care about Winamp and prefer it over the mainstream players like Itunes. That's the target group of Winamp. It's just not realistic to try to compete with the big players like Apple. But it does not seem the new owners are making use of that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
maybe you can find some devs who did or do make output plugins to do ASIO or WASAPI ones, or make their code open source, so someone else can work on it?

one thing I would like to see, which I think would really turn the tide and help incentivize and monetize plugin development, is a "winamp store" where users could buy in-app improvements from winamp or 3rd party devs and extend the core free features of winamp. that seems really fair to me. of course, that's a tall order, and it would need to be clear that the upfront investment would eventually pay off. the store could sell music and software too of course, not just plugins, so kinda ripping off the iTunes model, but hey, its successful, so why not?
That's a big problem. The plugin system would be nice if there was any development. But there isn't and that's because a lot of former enthusiasts who once were willing to invest time into developing plugins for Winamp have now moved on to other players because during the last few years there was hardly any development with Winamp. Just take a look at the available plugins. A lot of them were last updated in the early 2000's, that was the time of Windows XP and 32 bit CPU's. Most of those plugins do not work anymore or are buggy at best.

Look, I really would like to conclude this discussion since it is leading nowhere. This is not about me beeing pissed off because the devs refuse to take into consideration my wish for ASIO support. LIke I wrote there are other players out there that do the trick for me. But it is kind of sad to see Winamp going nowhere and wishes of longtime users being ignored rather than being at least considered for implementation.
altae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 22:31   #83
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by altae View Post
Sorry but the plugin system is standard to any renown media player out there. Foobar, Media Monkey, Kodi (XBMC)... even Windows Media Player supports plugins.
I never said or implied it was a feature exclusive to winamp. and many of those other apps copied the winamp API. in some cases, plugins from one can be used in another and vice versa.

Quote:
That's the problem with Winamp: The Winamp team might think that they have got something that nobody else has to offer. Unfortunately that's not the case. Now there is a chance to revitalize Winamp, to distinguish it from other players out there by taking into consideration features that have long been desired by faithful Winamp users. Such a player could even be sold. Not to the big masses but to enthusiasts who care about Winamp and prefer it over the mainstream players like Itunes. That's the target group of Winamp. It's just not realistic to try to compete with the big players like Apple. But it does not seem the new owners are making use of that opportunity.
time will tell. it remains to be seen what radionomy envisions. but if other apps are doing what you need, at least your needs are being met elsewhere.

Quote:
That's a big problem. The plugin system would be nice if there was any development. But there isn't and that's because a lot of former enthusiasts who once were willing to invest time into developing plugins for Winamp have now moved on to other players because during the last few years there was hardly any development with Winamp.
that simply isn't the case. i don't see super robust 3rd party stuff for any app, but winamp was being actively developed until the sale about a year ago. 3rd party devs slowed down WAY before that, and i would argue its [mainly] b/c there isn't a viable revenue incentive for them, ergo my suggestion for an in-app winamp store.

Quote:
Just take a look at the available plugins. A lot of them were last updated in the early 2000's, that was the time of Windows XP and 32 bit CPU's. Most of those plugins do not work anymore or are buggy at best.
right, i agree, we just disagree as to why.

Quote:
Look, I really would like to conclude this discussion since it is leading nowhere. This is not about me beeing pissed off because the devs refuse to take into consideration my wish for ASIO support. LIke I wrote there are other players out there that do the trick for me. But it is kind of sad to see Winamp going nowhere and wishes of longtime users being ignored rather than being at least considered for implementation.
i don't think its exactly as you have portrayed, but that's jmho.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 18:56   #84
M.J.

Hello all,

I've just released a maintenance version, which is essentially the same as previous version, but this one will never expire :-)

http://bit.ly/1yqdpSr

Of course - if enough people are willing to donate, the development can continue (to some extent) within my spare time. Let people decide.

Enjoy and happy Easter Holidays!

-M.J.
M.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 18:57   #85
Ryosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. View Post
Hello all,

I've just released a maintenance version, which is essentially the same as previous version, but this one will never expire :-)

http://bit.ly/1yqdpSr

Of course - if enough people are willing to donate, the development can continue (to some extent) within my spare time. Let people decide.

Enjoy and happy Easter Holidays!

-M.J.
Thank you
Ryosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2015, 23:53   #86
altae

Yeah, thank you, much appreciated.
Old 6th April 2015, 07:50   #87
rreinh

Hello,
just tried to output Sound to a Behringeer X32 digital mixing console.
Winamp - out_asio - USB - X-USB Interface - X32.
without success. Winamp won´t start playback.
Same devices over DirectSound (also USB, not analog) work fine.
MIXX works fine even with multiple channels
I tried to use Asio instead of directsound, so that multiple instances of Winamp could feed into different output channels. But I didn´t find an option in out_ASIO to select output channels.

Windows 7 64 Bit
Winamp 5.63
out_asio V0.991b SSE2
latest ASIO-Drivers from Behringer
rreinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2015, 13:35   #88
thorrall

Can't find AFA control panel in Winamp

I just installed AFA apparently without issues but it doesn't show up in the Winamp (5.666) output plugins or Windows notification bar. It does show up in the program list and Program Files (x86) folder. I'm probably doing something dumb. Any suggestions for remedying this?

Win7 Pro 64 bit, Lenovo i5 desktop

Thanks
thorrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 15:59   #89
altae

Did you install it in the correct location? It should be installed in the Winamp plugins folder.
Old 15th April 2015, 22:55   #90
thorrall

Yes, I installed it in the Winamp plugin folder where A4A is a subfolder and the drivers are in the latter. I also tried installing the drivers directly in the plugin root. Nothing I do lets me see the A4A control panel either in Winamp or in the notifications bar. I'm using Winamp Pro if that makes any difference but I doubt it.
thorrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 23:50   #91
altae

On my pc the plugin is installed in the plugin folder, no subfolder for A4A. Maybe it helps to uninstall the plugin and install it again but this time pay attention to choose the path accordingly so the plugin is installed directly into the plugin folder.
Old 18th April 2015, 04:24   #92
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
I can load and use the plugin in my Winamp, but when I use it with my favourite input plugin
in_ffsox, nearly 1 of 10 MP3 files won't play. so not usable for me....

I'm still stuck on the in_ffsox->out_maiko combination, but it works good and I feel okay with that

lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 06:40   #93
Highwaystar

Hi all.

This is my first post, to see that it works. Yesterday I installed winamp and out_asio to my NUC5i5RYK, WIN 10.
Then played the winamp "hello worls" sample which was properly detected by my Furutech Esprit DAC as 24 bit, ASIO=on. That's all I had time for, so far so good. Thanks M.J.
If it works as I want it to there is a donation on it's way.
Highwaystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:35   #94
CodeLurker

Thanks for all your efforts. I am very poor, or else I'd donate. BTW: His download asks for, not demands donations! I see nothing wrong with that.

I guess WinAMP is a little, and would be very much more, relevant, if only it were to receive a LITTLE support from it's owners. What it has going for it that others don't, is COMMUNITY! It probably still has more skins, more plugins, and more visualizations than any other player. Without support, that will change in time. For the time being, I'm still using it for audio; but having found the VST bridge extends its lifespan for me somewhat.

My feedback: plays back all of a playlist of 307 MP3's by different artists; except 2 that are at 22050 Hz, and one that has the following info:

MPEG-1 layer 3
245 kbps (VBR), 6973 frames
44100 Hz Joint Stereo

This plays back in the DirectSound out. I'm not sure what's going on that it won't play. It plays through the DirectSound output. You're pretty close, but not there yet.
CodeLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 15:35   #95
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeLurker View Post

MPEG-1 layer 3
245 kbps (VBR), 6973 frames
44100 Hz Joint Stereo

This plays back in the DirectSound out. I'm not sure what's going on that it won't play. It plays through the DirectSound output. You're pretty close, but not there yet.
This comment is confusing. First you say it plays, then you say it doesn't, then you say it does. As for the other 2 files, some 3rd party plug-ins do not read mp3s with non-standard (i.e. 22050 Hz) encoding rates.

Are you using the current patched version of Winamp (link below)?
http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/index.html

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 16:22   #96
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
This comment is confusing. First you say it plays, then you say it doesn't, then you say it does. As for the other 2 files, some 3rd party plug-ins do not read mp3s with non-standard (i.e. 22050 Hz) encoding rates.

If you read his post carefully and consider the context of the thread he's posted in he's talking about being able to playback with DirectSound plugin but not the ASIO plugin he's trying to use. He's also commenting on three files that won't play, 2 that are 22050Hz and one that is the standard 44.1KHz. I got confused at first as well, I don't understand why I did, but I did. Go figure.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 19:11   #97
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
... consider the context of the thread he's posted in ...
Quite right! The ASIO plug-in will not read the 22050 Hz files, but it should have read the third one. Maybe it is corrupt in some way, bad header or something.

Old 24th September 2015, 20:39   #98
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
... Maybe it is corrupt in some way, bad header or something.
Possibly, but since CodeLurker didn't mention any symptoms differing when playing to DirectSound I doubt it. Remember, it's Input plugins that decode and send audio data to Vis,DSP, and Out plugins during playback. Input plugins don't know any different as far as structure and operation among various available Out plugins.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 16:53   #99
Aminifu
Forum King

"Read" was a bad choice of words. The ASIO plug-in will not play 22050 Hz files unless they are remixed (up-sampled) before being sent to it.

A better guess as to the issue with the 44.1 KHz file could be made if CodeLurker would post a copy of the file and a Winamp Info Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/infotool/) report of his configuration.

Looking back thru this thread, I see that he made a similar post (#30) in January, but the thread's OP chose not to respond to it.

I have seen that the ASIO plug-in works best with high quality source files and an audio subsystem (hardware and drivers) that supports the encoding parameters being used.

Old 3rd October 2015, 14:01   #100
dkoder

The latest download link from OP seems to be dead, can anyone point me to a dl for the driver?
dkoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 21:24   #101
dkoder

I found another source for an ASIO driver, it seems legit so I'll use this as for now.
Would still want a dl link for OP's driver as well if anyone cares to set it up.

http://www.pcjv.de/applications/winamp/
dkoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 21:39   #102
sullysnet

I wouldn't mind this one too....thanks

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 00:12   #103
Ryosuke

Download link seems dead, i uploaded this plugin on google drive if someone need it...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31...ew?usp=sharing
Old 14th December 2015, 04:01   #104
sullysnet

thanks~!!!!!!

ASIO doesn't work with SPDIF does it? I'm using the Maiko but I was curious if ASIO would work over SPDIF. thanks

Old 20th December 2015, 20:40   #105
altae

Of course it does.
Old 23rd December 2015, 03:30   #106
sullysnet

I can't get any sound from it. I wonder why? I am using the creative card and the drivers from their site. I'm using the built in Mp3 encoder. thanks for the help

Old 23rd December 2015, 13:44   #107
Ryosuke

I have to say this plugin that i uploaded is for CPUs with AVX, maybe you should verify if your CPU is AVX capable, can someone upload the plugin for non AVX CPUs?. Sorry my bad english
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:19   #108
sullysnet

figured it out changed the setting in the Creative Control Panel to Play Stereo Mix used SPDIF

if someone could do us a favor and upload the various versions to try out. I see screen shots of more advanced settings then the one I have. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-23_17-17-17.png
Views:	340
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	52162  

Old 11th March 2017, 02:10   #109
Tohno_Neil

Useful for and I get winamp crash.

1. Play a song, sometimes it's choppy.