Old 4th December 2013, 15:29   #241
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
@koopa: please reupload the new fixed german Plus version of the Language Pack. The one with the fixed in_cdda.dll configuration translation.

thank you.

PS: When can i find the Essentials Pack?
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:36   #242
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
@koopa: please reupload the new fixed german Plus version of the Language Pack. The one with the fixed in_cdda.dll configuration translation.

thank you.

PS: When can i find the Essentials Pack?
Nope, I won't upload a newer language pack for any fixed tiny typo. I have a real life and am currently busy with a lot of other things, which includes the verification of the whole language pack, sorry. Or do you plan to stare at the CD Plug-in configuration for a few hours now?

As for the plugin pack, it's done, when it's done. I'm still waiting for necessary plugin updates from DrO (and that guy is very busy at moment too).

You get your fixed language pack and a new plugin pack, but not right now.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:45   #243
OlexijL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Nope, I won't upload a newer language pack for any fixed tiny typo. I have a real life and am currently busy with a lot of other things, which includes the verification of the whole language pack, sorry. Or do you plan to stare on the CD Plug-in configuration for a few hours now?

As for the plugin pack, it's done, when it's done. I'm still waiting for necessary plugin updates from DrO (and that guy is very busy at moment too).

You get your fixed language pack and a new plugin pack, but not right now.
I never meant to make it this way... I have a real life as well, so i can wait some days. I just wanna be sure to have that before the site get closed.
Old 4th December 2013, 15:46   #244
DrO

any language pack updates received will be included in the re-build that is now planned (as they're the main issue coming up from the reports on here).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:53   #245
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
I never meant to make it this way... I have a real life as well, so i can wait some days. I just wanna be sure to have that before the site get closed.
Trust me, nobody is worrying more about the broken drag and drop in the current German Winamp release than me, and I really spent and will spend a lot of time to make sure, that such thing never will happen again.

And I will provide them a fixed version (which includes fixes reported by other people, your report and things I found during my review) soon enough. So that it's for sure in the recompiled build.
Old 6th December 2013, 19:05   #246
OlexijL

@koopa:

Wanna ask if you could make skin similar to the modern skin you offer with your Plus version of the language pack (you offer the Christmas Modern Skin), but for Bento. Since i prefer Bento myself (and there are some others) it would be useful to make a Bento Christmas Skin as well. With installation choice possibility (either Modern or Bento Skin for Christmas).

Just wanna ask if that is possible and you could make it as well.

thx, Olexijl
Old 6th December 2013, 20:07   #247
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Nope, sorry, even if I think it would be possible to do it, I'm busy and not interested.

The old Holiday skin was a gift from the old dev team years ago. It was totally outdated and I thought it was the right time to update and publish it now as gift for the Winamp community. The localized version in my installer was meant as gift for the people, who used my language pack for so many years.

Also not helpful, that I don't like the Bento skin in general.

Ask in Modern skin forum, maybe you find someone, who will do it, or try it yourself.
Old 6th December 2013, 23:44   #248
ItaraFolf

An odd one

Ok folks .... Old user, couldn't remember my info so I made a new account just for this.

Winamp 5.65 and 5.66 work perfectly fine, no glitches or errors. 5.666 latest build works fine with one exception (and one that affects my external lyrics program) - it starts up perfectly fine but the moment I hit play or change tracks, the task bar display switches to Japanese.
ItaraFolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 13:49   #249
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
@OlexijL: Maybe you want to create a "Christmas" Color Theme for Bento, which could already make some Christmas feeling (red, green, silver or something the like). This would come close to a Christmas Bento version, I think...
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 13:54   #250
DrO

ItaraFolf: you'll need to provide an info report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 7th December 2013, 19:02   #251
OlexijL

I dunno how to make any skins. I never made it, so i cannot tell.
Old 8th December 2013, 00:39   #252
lordsilver

Heey... Can you disable that desktop icon refresh when opening Winamp (I use the lite version)? (it's not a big bug, but it's annoying).

And another bug. If I add a subfolder from a folder... The second time I click add I can't see the other subfolders (besides the one added) from the main folder (as you can see in the pictures above).

lordsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 02:48   #253
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@lordsilver

1. Uncheck "Restore file associations on Winamp start" in Winamp > Prefs > File Types
2. Yes, it's a quirk of remembering the last selected folder, but if you click the arrow next to Muzica, the other subfolders will reappear.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 12:17   #254
lordsilver

1. It is unchecked and it does that refresh.
2. Yes, I found that yesterday, thank you anyway .

EDIT: This is weird... I held down CTRL key (I have seen that in File Types as a Tip to force refresh the file associations) when closed preferences and now it doesn't refresh anymore.
Old 8th December 2013, 14:17   #255
myminpins

Winamp pro 5.666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@zepper
It means that you haven't registered Winamp Pro,
therefore the Pro features (including h264 playback with in_mp4/in_avi/in_nsv/etc., and mp3 encoding) are still locked.

You do have a valid registration key, right?

Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro (top page of Prefs tree) > Enter Registration Key.

If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
Go to: Prefs > Plug-ins > General Pupose > gen_nopro > config
and uncheck Winamp Pro from the hidden pages menu.
Quote:
@Victhor

What we meant by the full & pro installers are the same...

Before, the only differences between the two were:

- Full (free) installer had all the bundled crap with it (OpenCandy software offers, Emusic, AOL Search & Toolbar).
- The Pro installer didn't have any of those things.
- The Pro installer had a popup dialog prompting the user to enter the registration key (on clean installs).

Because we've removed all the bundled crap from the free full installer, and because Pro is no longer purchasable,
we felt it was no longer necessary to build the Pro installer and/or make it available.

It has always been the case that you need a valid registration key to unlock the Pro features, even with the Pro installer.
The Pro installer never had the Pro features automatically unlocked.
As always, the key can be entered via Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro.

p.s. apology accepted, of course, lol :-)
Neither of these work for me and I've had pro for years.

As always, the key can be entered via Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro. -- I don't see that anywhere in Winamp Preferences

-- I click config and nothing happens - ever.

Help please?
myminpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 15:02   #256
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@myminpins

So the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro) from the old Essentials Pack is installed?

Close Winamp
Move gen_nopro.dll out of the %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins folder
Reopen Winamp
The Winamp Pro prefs page will now be there at the top of the Prefs tree.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 16:30   #257
myminpins

Quote:
@myminpins

So the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro) from the old Essentials Pack is installed?

Close Winamp
Reopen Winamp
Thank you!!!!!!! Fixed!!! And my pro is still activated.

One more question: Does autoplay, restore playing position work on this version? I'm not finding it does. Every time I close and restart, it starts at the top of my playlist again. I really loved that feature.
Old 8th December 2013, 18:50   #258
osmosis
Major Dude

Hmm didn't Configure Selected Plugin used to open some dialogs in Preferences? It's not bringing anything up for Taskbar Text Mod, Lite'n Prefs, or anything.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 20:25   #259
ryerman
Major Dude

"Configure Selected Plugin" used to open up a dialogue for Lite'n Winamp Preferences (gen_nopro.dll) but that dosen't happen now, even with ver 1.72.

Maybe Lite'n Winamp Preferences has a bug.

Other plugins either have the configure button greyed out, or open some sort of dialogue as usual.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 20:29   #260
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Lite n Prefs isn't compatible with 5.66. All of the plugin pages were changed to real listviews, which look much better and can be used for other great things. The downside is, that a couple of 3rd party plugins are not compatible anymore.

Any plugin which used a context menu for the prefs needs an update. This affects some of DrO's plugins, like Lite n Preferences, Album Art Viewer, Mute Hotkey or Skin Manager. And from what I have seen, only DrO used this kind of options method.

I'm sure, that he will update his plugins as soon as time allows it.
Also note, that you still can configurate Lite n Preferences via winamp.ini.
Old 8th December 2013, 20:33   #261
myminpins

I believe ryerman's question stems from a quote earlier in the thread:

Quote:
If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
Which I also tried unsuccessfully.

You have to do this:

Quote:
Close Winamp
Reopen Winamp
and remove it.

Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Winamp Pro 5.666 Build 3516
Old 8th December 2013, 21:15   #262
DrO

ok, i hadn't seen these posts before replying to myminpins's pm's directly. like koopa notes, the plug-in isn't v5.66x compatible as i force broke a few things with the preferences to improve them which the plug-in (and a few others of mine need to be updated to handle - is a few lines of code changes), but it's a matter of time as i'm trying to do what i can to fix as much as possible from the crash reports we're collecting for the patch build that will be coming in a few days.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:17   #263
ItaraFolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
ItaraFolf: you'll need to provide an info report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Sure - here ya go, an information report containing a smattering of input, output and DSP plugins, most of which should not be causing this issue whatsoever and none of which caused any issue until THIS version of Winamp.

Note that the "unknown" output plugin is Audioburst FX, set to Audiophile X mode.

And yes, I'm a bit peeved.

Winamp_Info_Report_08.12.2013.txt
Old 9th December 2013, 01:20   #264
DrO

there's no report attached but Audioburst FX is the issue as determined from another user and you should be peeved as it's another 3rd party plug-in who cannot be bothered to implement a simple change which was publicised over 6 years ago so Winamp can correctly support unicode taskbar titles with plug-ins doing their part to help.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:24   #265
ItaraFolf

It's a OUTPUT plugin and should have NO effect on the task bar reporting of titles.

An Output plug in I might add that has had NO issues and has never done this whatsoever until THIS version of Winamp.

An output plugin has no business writing to the task bar title display.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:28   #266
DrO

well it does in this case because it's subclassing the main Winamp window and isn't following what needs to be done to maintain a unicode window proceedure i.e. you get screwed over as the user. and i don't know what it's subclassing the main Winamp window when it's an output plug-in, but because it is, things break for you.

and it has always had the means to cause this issue, is most likely because we made sure we're loading _native_ plug-ins before 3rd party plug-ins (like this one is) that is why it's now showing up.

and i'm now looking into why my unicodetaskbarfix plug-in is not fixing the issue with the plug-in (like it should be).

so yes you should be annoyed, but at the plug-in author, not at Winamp. an in the mean while, i'm going to do what i can from Winamp's side to fix what is unlikely to be fixed by the plug-in author (which makes me a lot more annoyed than you are going to be about it all).
Old 9th December 2013, 01:34   #267
ItaraFolf

I don't even SEE that particular plug in in any of the lists.

And the link to it on your site is busted.
Old 9th December 2013, 01:40   #268
DrO

i assume you mean my 'unicodetaskbarfix' plug-in? if so then that doesn't appear because it's a Winamp system component and doesn't show in the preferences (as Winamp doesn't list them by design) and is only via the info tool report or when looking in the Winamp\System folder.

either way, i've determined what's needed to fix the issue with the plug-in Audioburst FX with my plug-in (which is natively shipped with Winamp) so i'll either pm you a link to a test build once i've completed checking it or you'll need to wait a few days for the Winamp patch build which will be coming which will have the workaround for the Audioburst FX plug-in included.

[edit]
the link on my site is purposefully broken as i've not had the time to update the site and was easier to break the download when what is shipped with Winamp is newer than i had on my site anyway. and considering i've been spending whatever time i have to fix further Winamp issues for the patch build which is coming and also having to fix issues with crappy 3rd party plug-ins like i'm now having to at almost 3am in the morning (hence why i'm a hell of a lot more annoyed about things than you are about all of this).
Old 9th December 2013, 01:43   #269
ItaraFolf

Thank you. -sighs- That particular output is among the very few I have for Winamp that impressed me enough to purchase it (there are one or two others) and I'd have bloody well hated to have wasted the money in the long run.

I hear ya on that and honestly, I'd buy ya a drink if I could.
Old 9th December 2013, 02:14   #270
DrO

ItaraFolf: pm sent.
Old 9th December 2013, 02:20   #271
ItaraFolf

Yep - that did it. Thanks Doc!
Old 9th December 2013, 02:23   #272
DrO

rightio, thanks for the confirmation it works so that means at least that build will be in the coming Winamp patch release (as there's another set of plug-ins which cause the same issue but are not caught by it which i'd like to get resolved but i don't think that's going to be possible).
Old 9th December 2013, 05:41   #273
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
DrO,

this is probably going to be just an annoying report, but I at least wanted to document it to the best of my ability in case u wanted to address it in the patch.

installed 5.666 fresh on an admin win7 acct. then logged out, went into another users non admin acct, and started winamp; had to do the second half of the setup, and I assume that's normal. winamp started, whipped the llama's ass, and then sat open and idle.

then went to a website, and clicked a winamp SC listen now link, and this spawned a second instance of winamp to open, even though multiple instances are NOT allowed. meanwhile, this second instance was behind the first one, and playing the link, while the first one remained open and idle. I was surprised that clicking the listen live link wouldn't just go to the already opened instance of winamp, and instead spawn a second instance; that's the bug to me.

in addition, at multiple times, it asked for the admin users pword, like during the setup, but I think it might also have done so when I clicked the link and got the second instance spawned... I'm not sure tho. anyway, just trying to report everything I can recall.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 07:05   #274
MarkRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
DrO,

this is probably going to be just an annoying report, but I at least wanted to document it to the best of my ability in case u wanted to address it in the patch.

installed 5.666 fresh on an admin win7 acct. then logged out, went into another users non admin acct, and started winamp; had to do the second half of the setup, and I assume that's normal. winamp started, whipped the llama's ass, and then sat open and idle.

then went to a website, and clicked a winamp SC listen now link, and this spawned a second instance of winamp to open, even though multiple instances are NOT allowed. meanwhile, this second instance was behind the first one, and playing the link, while the first one remained open and idle. I was surprised that clicking the listen live link wouldn't just go to the already opened instance of winamp, and instead spawn a second instance; that's the bug to me.

in addition, at multiple times, it asked for the admin users pword, like during the setup, but I think it might also have done so when I clicked the link and got the second instance spawned... I'm not sure tho. anyway, just trying to report everything I can recall.
May or may not be related, but I had to grant the "User Group" full control over the Winamp directory and sub-directories (I use Windows 7 Pro 64bit with UAC turned on) because several of the 3rd party plug-ins still want to write their config files and other information into the Winamp directory structure.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 11:59   #275
DrO

that's the age old different elevation issue and could be anything from the OS settings to the browser being used running in a different access level and that is then causing the second instance to run at the same access level. and if you're seeing elevation prompts then that would make that the most likely explanation.

so really isn't anything to be done other than checking things are started with the correct access without needing elevation etc.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:45   #276
OlexijL

@koopa:

See post 9 + 10 for http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373992

thanks for the awesome language translation anyway.
Old 10th December 2013, 14:07   #277
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

OlexijL:

No need to push it here, I'm reading the other thread (hence that's why I made it a sticky thread)

I've spent 3 days now to make a big review of things and cleaned up, fixed and tweaked a lot of things in de-de. The new version will be available with the upcoming newer Winamp build.
Old 10th December 2013, 15:57   #278
lordsilver

Can you tell me please, how can I use Milkdrop 2 (the last version) on Winamp 5.666 lite edition? Where can I found a link to download it and where should I put the downloaded files?

Last edited by lordsilver; 10th December 2013 at 17:40.
Old 10th December 2013, 16:00   #279
DrO

download the 'full' install, select the 'lite' option and then select Milkdrop to make a custom install.
Old 11th December 2013, 19:01   #280
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I've moved the Winamp Lite Video related postings to a thread in TS forum.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion