Old 13th November 2015, 02:58   #1241
djpete
Major Dude

Fully agree and great to see another member who DJ's exclusively with Winamp.
It's bulletproof and a breeze to use.
Been using it for about 15 yrs.
I'd be curious as to how many people out there Do DJ with Winamp

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 14:36   #1242
ampshout

Winamp - Easily the best PC music player

BIG thanks from me as well!

Despite changing through the various windows systems upgrades, Winamp has remained on my desktop since +- 1999.

Why? Every other player I have tried, over the years, has something different missing that Winamp included by default. I also love how easy it is to use and how well the features work.

My wishlist would be:

1) live physical view of your music media to open/play files.
2) media library keeps live track of the above and allows you to easily see what has been played or liked/Favorited with sort options based on those. I know the library does this to some point but it could be improved I think.

Thanks guys! seriously looking forward to the new Winamp :>
ampshout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 16:47   #1243
bregelion

I made an account just to say:

From the bottom of my heart "I love you, Winamp!"

I've been using Winamp since the first day i bought a computer, back in 2002. I went through several PCs and various OS's since then but Winamp was the only software which was installed as default on each one of 'em.
bregelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 00:13   #1244
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bregelion View Post
I made an account just to say:

From the bottom of my heart "I love you, Winamp!"

I've been using Winamp since the first day i bought a computer, back in 2002. I went through several PCs and various OS's since then but Winamp was the only software which was installed as default on each one of 'em.
I would echo your thanks to the Winamp Devs. I have been using Winamp for more than a decade now and Winamp has been a faithful companion to me too. We do not thank the people enough for the things we have. Well, thank you Winamp Dev Team @DJEgg @Dr0

Powering through with the bolt
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 00:15   #1245
musicf8
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
That's one thing you have to love about winamp, it has a serious community and fanbase. I dont know of any other music player that is loved by such users... well... maybe foobar2k

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 16:01   #1246
FatBoyNL

Props to Microsoft for conforming to Winamp style context menus with Windows 10 version 1511.
I'd sue Microsoft for being copycats if I were Radionomy

And Holiday season is coming. Any chance of a public (pre)release? Please?
FatBoyNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 18:20   #1247
fingertrouble

Adware?

I get an Avast alert on both the MacUpdate and the 'direct' dmg downloads.

Apparently there is adware on the Mac Winamp version - 'MacInst.D adware'? Given MacInst.A is a trojan, that's alarming.

I think I'll avoid for now.
fingertrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 18:42   #1248
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@fingertrouble
It's a false-positive
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 02:17   #1249
seyss

why don't you hire Justin back and get this show started?
seyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 13:11   #1250
dynamicradio

It's good to see at least evidence that something is being done. If only Valve would do something similar
dynamicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 21:53   #1251
coliniain

dj

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpete View Post
Fully agree and great to see another member who DJ's exclusively with Winamp.
It's bulletproof and a breeze to use.
Been using it for about 15 yrs.
I'd be curious as to how many people out there Do DJ with Winamp
I use for music and karaoke as it is by far the easiest to use
coliniain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 04:57   #1252
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via AIM to Dr.Flay Send a message via MSN to Dr.Flay Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
Fingertrouble, Virus Total has now started to include Mac scanning.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9...06dd/analysis/
Avast is a pain for false detections.

http://www.securityweek.com/virustot...ion-os-x-files
http://www.zdnet.com/article/googles...ox-playground/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...lware_sandpit/

Mashups ? Smells like a lot of "Fishy Business" to me.
Visit my label at www.last.fm/label/Fishy+Business for musical education.
Dr.Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 06:22   #1253
Touma Kamijou

Good to see winamp is being revived. Would be nice if a linux version could be made.
Also its getting close to the end of 2015 so maybe we could get a release as a christmas gift ;P ?

Also i use the Big Bento skin on winamp because its my favorite skin and i just cant do without it . Imo Big Bento is the most appealing skin i've seen on winamp aside from weeaboo made anime skins (no offence to the weeaboo's as i am one myself ;P)

-off topic
I think the "can't edit profile till 20 posts" part is a bit harsh but it is understandable. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Touma Kamijou; 23rd November 2015 at 06:28. Reason: Forgot a question mark >.>
Touma Kamijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:55   #1254
Viki

Did I Miss The Re-Release?

Hi all.

I see the original post from January 2014 is still up, but the main winamp.com page still shows that the program is unavailable.

Some later posts on later pages of the thread have responses indicating that winamp is available again.

Are folks downloading it from other places online or am I missing something on the main winamp.com page where I can download the program?

Thanks much.

Viki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 00:00   #1255
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viki View Post

Some later posts on later pages of the thread have responses indicating that winamp is available again.

Are folks downloading it from other places online or am I missing something on the main winamp.com page where I can download the program?

Thanks much.

See here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 09:42   #1256
richardboegli

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
There will not be any new Winamp releases until some point in 2015.
Exactly when, we don't know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touma Kamijou View Post
Also its getting close to the end of 2015 so maybe we could get a release as a christmas gift ;P ?
+1 for Winamp for Christmas 2015!
richardboegli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 20:43   #1257
tspnyc

Does anyone know if and when WinAmp will become available in a version that will work with Windows 8?

I have Windows 8. I have a Android phone.

I would like some kind of iTunes-like program that I can use for my music files that I can sync playlists or individual albums to my phone. WinAmp seems the answer, but it seems like it is not currently legally available in the USA.

If I had known Google had a strangle hold on Android I would have never bought the phone. But I am stuck with it and trying to avoid Googles immoral and illegal harvesting of private data. (For example I can't even get a guitar tuner app from Google Play without agreeing to inform Google every time I make a phone call and provide Google the private phone numbers of every person I call. That will never happen.)

I am trying to live Google free on this phone but I have no way of managing music other than loading them as files, which do not show up as albums and playlists must be made on the phone one song at a time.

Please advise.

Thanks
tspnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 21:06   #1258
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspnyc View Post
Does anyone know if and when WinAmp will become available in a version that will work with Windows 8?

I would like some kind of iTunes-like program that I can use for my music files that I can sync playlists or individual albums to my phone. WinAmp seems the answer, but it seems like it is not currently legally available in the USA.

If I had known Google had a strangle hold on Android I would have never bought the phone. But I am stuck with it and trying to avoid Googles immoral and illegal harvesting of private data. (For example I can't even get a guitar tuner app from Google Play without agreeing to inform Google every time I make a phone call and provide Google the private phone numbers of every person I call. That will never happen.)

I am trying to live Google free on this phone but I have no way of managing music other than loading them as files, which do not show up as albums and playlists must be made on the phone one song at a time.

Please advise.

Thanks
Winamp works fine for windows 8. You can download the Winamp app for Android, but it won't be supported. As for your dilemma, I think you're best bet would be saving your playlists as .m3u or .pls, or just make a folder with the songs you want and upload them. Google music is a great app that you can upload your tracks to and stream both to your phone or computer... but you're worried about Google.

btw, I think your fear of Google is a bit exaggerated... especially considering that you own a smartphone. If you're paranoid of being spied on, lose the smartphone (or cellphone for that matter since it can be tracked), or at least install a custom rom without google apps, but you're going to make your life a little more difficult without access to Google Play. /2cents

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 30th November 2015, 21:38   #1259
GorillaCat

Quote:

Please advise.

Thanks
App permissions you're presented when installing an app isn't google asking for your info, it's the developer of the app. If it seems odd that an app would need access to your contact info when it clearly doesn't need uncle Rodolfo's phone number to do what it's intended to do then don't install it. You can see the permissions an app needs at the bottom of the app's page in the Play Store. Look around you may find one that doesn't require unnecessary access. I'm currently bouncing around (on Android) DeaDBeeF, MediaMonkey, and Winamp; DeadBeeF is ugly but will do what you need it to, MediaMonkey is more complete with library features, Winamp works fine but will get updated down the line. And yes Winamp is legal, you can get it at http://winamp.meggamusic.co.uk/Winamp_Download.htm -Also, when did DrO's Winamp site change in the 2nd post of the thread? Is he gone for good?

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 20:00   #1260
Christin

Cyanogen, Debian, Banshee

Quote:

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi!

Kick Android and install Cyanogen instead (www.cyanogenmod.org). Or sell the phone and get an OnePlus instead (https://oneplus.net), it already comes with Cyanogen. German media say, regarding to it's high technological and quality standard, it should be way more expensive then it is.

Besides, be aware of Microsoft: They're forcing (!) updates from Windows 8 to Windows 10 -- but Windows 10 is just as bad as Google/Android in case of privacy matters. Instead, install Debian (https://www.debian.org) on your computer. I tried Debian (as well as eOS Luna and Ubuntu) and must say, it's pretty cool. Secure, stable, fast. And Banshee on Debian (http://banshee.fm) is a great alternative to iTunes (which unfortunately gets worse by every update, at least on Macs).

Greetings from Germany,

Christin
Christin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:13   #1261
tspnyc

Thanks, but I just want to know if I can get WinAmp for my PC or not.

Otherwise, GorillaCat, the message specifically says Google is requiring this and that I must inform Google of all the phone calls I make and must provide Google with the phone numbers. The app is not available anywhere but from Google.

Google is collecting phone numbers, obviously, for some purpose. Reminds me of when they were forcing businesses to fill out incredibly detailed forms about their business, their customers, etc, if a small business wanted to use Google's free services, and once they got all that data - viola! Suddenly all those businesses had to pay millions of dollars each year to use Google Adwords, built entirely on the data they harvested from those businesses.

This demand for phone numbers is in line with Google's gmail policy, which is to literally read every email sent to and from gmail accounts and to keep it forever if they so wish - including those private emails sent from people who never agreed to Google's (complete lack of privacy) user agreement. And no, Microsoft nor any other company does this, because they all signed international privacy agreements that do not allow it. Google refuses all such privacy agreements or guarantees, except where specific nation states have sued them or otherwise forced them into such things - something the Capitalist USA won't do.

I use Google for basic search engine stuff, knowing they are tracking it all to feed me ads. But I never email a gmail account with any private information and include a footer explaining why that party must contact me through other avenues if they want more than generic replies. I am certainly not going to provide Google with the private phone numbers of my friends and family.
tspnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:59   #1262
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Thanks, but I just want to know if I can get WinAmp for my PC or not.
As listed in the 2nd post of this thread, you can download Winamp for desktop and laptop PCs from http://www.filehorse.com/download-winamp/ or http://winamp.meggamusic.co.uk/Winamp_Download.htm

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 00:35   #1263
xfullmetal17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin View Post
Hi!

Kick Android and install Cyanogen instead (www.cyanogenmod.org). Or sell the phone and get an OnePlus instead (https://oneplus.net), it already comes with Cyanogen. German media say, regarding to it's high technological and quality standard, it should be way more expensive then it is.
You do know Cyanogen (both Cyanogenmod and Cyanogen OS) is still Android, just without all the Google bits by default, right? So you wouldn't be able to "kick Android" by installing Cyanogen sadly.
xfullmetal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 16:18   #1264
vitezomanu

2015[?]

Quote:
As you all surely know by now, Winamp & SHOUTcast have recently changed ownership (from AOL to Radionomy).

The winamp.com website is currently undergoing heavy work and an almost-completely new redesign.
As a result, many features will be unavailable, including some in-client services.

The Winamp downloads and Winamp Pro purchases will also be temporarily unavailable
whilst code licensed to/by the previous owner is removed/replaced.

We hope to have everything restored and back in working order as soon as possible,
and we apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Watch this thread for any further updates.

[Edit]

There will not be any new Winamp releases until some point in 2015.
Exactly when, we don't know, as there's a lot of work that needs to be done on all of them to provide the first non-AOL releases of Winamp.
More detailed info can be found in various posts within this thread....

See also:
Winamp Downloads
Manually adding an online service in Winamp 5.666
SHOUTcast Site, Directory (YP) and API Changes
Update patches for current Winamp Release
Gracenote Services No Longer Work In Winamp: Reason Why Explained
2016 knocks at the door...
WHY the completely ne11w winamp version wasen't released[i'm not talking about a beta version]?
vitezomanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 17:35   #1265
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitezomanu View Post
WHY the completely ne11w winamp version wasen't released[i'm not talking about a beta version]?
If you'd read this thread you would get an idea why

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 7th December 2015, 17:35   #1266
pitbull lover

I read in a previous post that the change would be made sometime in 2015. Well, it's almost over, when is everything gonna be done? I want to by Winamp Pro so I am getting anxious.
pitbull lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 17:37   #1267
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull lover View Post
I read in a previous post that the change would be made sometime in 2015. Well, it's almost over, when is everything gonna be done? I want to by Winamp Pro so I am getting anxious.
New version is now expected in 2016. But the current winamp works just fine

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 7th December 2015, 17:47   #1268
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitezomanu View Post
Good luck getting an official answer.
Quote:
News thread... read the first few posts, then go to the end and read it backwards.
Surely that's what most people do, right?
I think that is ridiculous, but that's the only way the developers are willing to keep users informed.
There's over 1200 posts.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 18:03   #1269
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post

I think that is ridiculous, but that's the only way the developers are willing to keep users informed.
There's over 1200 posts.
There's only about 32 pages. The time it takes them to create a new account, get it verified, and then post a post asking for the status, they could have skimmed the thread.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 7th December 2015, 18:08   #1270
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
There's only about 32 pages. The time it takes them to create a new account, get it verified, and then post a post asking for the status, they could have skimmed the thread.
I think you're wrong.

Old 7th December 2015, 18:15   #1271
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
I think you're wrong.
Or maybe I skim too fast

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 7th December 2015, 18:32   #1272
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

There's over 1200 posts.
A lot of them are misplaced posts asking for technical support or rants about the delay in releasing a new version.

However the moderators generally allow 'free speech' in these forums, so this thread is in the condition that it's in. It's frustrating at times, but this must be accepted as the way things work around here and it's better than overly aggressive censorship, imo.

I agree that Radionomy should provide a monthly update statement, even if it only says that work is continuing and the release date is TBD.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 20:52   #1273
djpete
Major Dude

The fact is all this has been an embarrassment to the Winamp name.
How hard is it to have a locked thread with just a monthly progress update?
Short simple and to the point.
Winamp is surely losing users because of this and it can only be blamed on Radionomy. No one else.
What a joke that we even have to suggest these things.
To me Radionomy IS unprofessional and disorganized..
OR
They just want Winamp to die and this may be the plan.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 06:33   #1274
paradive

Send a message via ICQ to paradive
^^^ agreed ^^^

meh
Winamp had a good run.
paradive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 07:19   #1275
andrewheard

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
New version is now expected in 2016. But the current winamp works just fine
Not quite - the 64 bit Windows version doesn't sort Media Library columns.
andrewheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 11:20   #1276
paradive

hell, it doesn't EVEN RUN on my computer, w/o crashing on startup.
Old 8th December 2015, 17:09   #1277
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradive View Post
hell, it doesn't EVEN RUN on my computer, w/o crashing on startup.
The latest fully patched version runs well on thousands of computers throughout the world.
Try using that version.
http://meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/Winamp_Download.htm

Crashing on start-up might be your local problem.

Old 8th December 2015, 19:36   #1278
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewheard View Post
Not quite - the 64 bit Windows version doesn't sort Media Library columns.
It does on mine just fine (Win 10 64-bit). Did you by any chance upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

I'm starting to think Windows 10 upgrades are more finicky than clean installs, or maybe windows 10 just has its issues.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 8th December 2015, 20:12   #1279
paradive

Quote:
The latest fully patched version runs well on thousands of computers throughout the world.
Try using that version.
http://meggamusic.co.uk/winamp/Winamp_Download.htm

Crashing on start-up might be your local problem.
yup.
that's what i got.
can't get it to run w/o crashing at startup.
a main reason i'm waiting for a new release.
but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
soooooooooo regret upgrading to Pro now.
Old 8th December 2015, 21:48   #1280
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradive View Post
yup.
that's what i got.
can't get it to run w/o crashing at startup.
a main reason i'm waiting for a new release.
but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
soooooooooo regret upgrading to Pro now.
It is going to happen. It's just taking longer than we hoped - due to unforeseen circusmstances - on top of the already-existing mammoth job of removing & replacing all AOL-licensed decoders/features/services/etc.

Please attach a Winamp Info Report to a new post (preferably in a new thread in the Tech Support forum).
More info & instructions > http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=161361#specs
Also include a crash log, if any.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion