Old 13th December 2016, 09:20   #1721
Radionomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinatra View Post
and how do u happen to know this? And who is doing it? And when do they propose to announce it?

I think 3 years has demonstrated iron willed patience.
+1
Radionomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 22:00   #1722
bjjocsdradio

Send a message via AIM to bjjocsdradio
Good news to see at least Egg announcing some sort of beta being worked on. Alas, it has been 3 years, and time is continuing to fly by. I am hoping soon we will have a new version of WINAMP to use! Keep your confidence guys!
bjjocsdradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 13:35   #1723
tucker973

First time I've had occasion to install Winamp on a new machine in a couple years. On the one hand, it's exciting to see the project gaining some movement. On the other, I wish there was a little more word on public beta. This does bring me back to the old days, though - I was recently reminiscing with a friend about the late '90s and anxiously awaiting new Winamp builds. I didn't realize I would be making that time warp...
tucker973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 14:36   #1724
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
First time I've had occasion to install Winamp on a new machine in a couple years. On the one hand, it's exciting to see the project gaining some movement.
Yeah, right, like a gravestone in a cemetery gains movement.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 15:53   #1725
tucker973

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Yeah, right, like a gravestone in a cemetery gains movement.
Hey, don't joke about that. I had family who lived downhill from a cemetery, and there was... shall we say... an "environmental crisis" in their neighborhood due to soil movement and erosion...
tucker973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2016, 19:13   #1726
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Seems like the best Winamp news / christmas gift this year is brought by.. Microsoft! (now I definitely have a good reason to buy a Win10 phone / tablet!).

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/7/13...pport-qualcomm

All I read is "Microsoft is bringing good ol' Winamp to mobile ARM processors" XD

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 01:22   #1727
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Yeah that's pretty awesome, though I think it means when you have a fone docked, you obviously can't use winamp directly on the fone

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 1/5/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 01:32   #1728
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Fone docked? Started a new thread for it, it could be juicy.. XD http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=3075593

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 21st December 2016, 15:47   #1729
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have taken my last power, because I really wanted to go to the meeting-point, and maybe I will not be able to do that also on 23rd December. Unfortunately I have got a cold, and after yesterday I had felt better, now I feel sick, while I am not at home. Maybe I will not go to the supermarket today, I just want to come back home.

It was very important for me to open at least 2 new threads and make some last updates on Mediafire and deviantART. My "XMAS Presents 2016" for You become more and more perfect, and You just need to read my Devious Journal "Winamp forever - Music forever!!!" on deviantART (Sternenmaschinebine). I want to offer all my artist works for Winamp & Milkdrop, for future live performances in event halls with Windows computers and video-projectors. These are especially additional random textures for the Milkdrop Visualizer and wallpapers for the desktop and the skins Komodo X Touchscreen and cPro - KAO. For the second Winamp Modern Skin I had planned a new thread, but I want to ask first, if I can open it. Of course also Victhor can do that instead of me, if we will not see us anymore in 2016.

Now I wish all the best for the forums members, The Winamp Team, the developers, the administrators, moderators, plugin authors, skin authors, preset authors, texture authors, musicians, DJs, netlabels. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:29   #1730
draconox

Hi! Any news? since 2 years i'm waiting the new version
draconox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:49   #1731
ryerman
Major Dude

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

Old 22nd December 2016, 21:55   #1732
dj4aces

I've been following this thread since Winamp stopped development in 2013. As a Winamp user since the beginning, I have to say that despite the setbacks and difficulties over the past three years, I'm still looking forward to the upcoming beta that was hinted at a few pages back.

I've always loved Winamp, and look forward to continuing to support this application in the future.
dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 10:03   #1733
seyss

someone should copy the Winamp code and develop an alternate version
seyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 12:56   #1734
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyss View Post
someone should copy the Winamp code and develop an alternate version
Good idea, luckily "someone" is already doing exactly that: Winamp Community Update Pack. Happy merry Christmas! XD

Ps: And this is the forum to be part of the beta team and / or five feedback.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 28th December 2016, 08:38   #1735
LAMBDA471

I've been checking out this forum for quite a while without ever registering, I sort of switched to foobar2000 back when I had a really slow PC and World of Warcraft would stutter when I play music from Winamp and I had this amplifier that would only emit sound from one speaker on just Winamp so I made the switch. But now that it has been discontinued and still worked on, I've been itching to try out the new Winamp for old times' sake.
LAMBDA471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 13:26   #1736
DJ-Garybaldy

Why knows maybe 2017 may be the year of the Llama ....

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 17:25   #1737
musicf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
as long as it doesn't become like "2xxx will be the year of linux" people always talk about

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 28th December 2016, 20:04   #1738
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
Yeah, maybe like this Llama:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Llama.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	52920  

Old 3rd January 2017, 17:40   #1739
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Seems like the future of Winamp is not here..

Started a new thread showing my project(s) for supporting Winamp the way I know . Happy new year to everyone!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 6th January 2017, 15:11   #1740
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself still believe, that the future of Winamp is here in the official Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums, and I want to stay directly here as forums member as long as I am alive.

Yesterday I have copied & pasted one more preset and I have made 17 edited versions of it (via the right-click on the icon and run as administrator). Currently I have 10118 presets, 4444 textures, 700 wallpapers for cPro - KAO, 800 wallpapers for the desktop and Komodo X Touchscreen in use.

I wish You all a Good New Year 2017, much better than the previous years...

Old 8th January 2017, 12:36   #1741
WhoseLineFan

Does anyone know when Winamp is coming back? Whenever I try to download it, the page still pretty much says coming soon.
WhoseLineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 14:07   #1742
ariszlo

No one knows if it will ever come back. Nevertheless, you can still download the latest version from a lot of download sites:
Winamp 5.666 Build 3516

The md5 sum of winamp5666_full_all_redux.exe is
e6c28b791a2f04b54f83b3afd0962015
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 14:59   #1743
LAMBDA471

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
No one knows if it will ever come back. Nevertheless, you can still download the latest version from a lot of download sites:
Winamp 5.666 Build 3516

I do want it to come back, after all that's why I made this account and have been checking in every week or so for the past two years. But all in all, in the end it's just a piece of software.
LAMBDA471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 15:11   #1744
WhoseLineFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
Winamp 5.666 Build 3516

Thank you.
WhoseLineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 15:34   #1745
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I forgot to give a positive feedback for the Modern Bento Touchscreen WIP skin by Victhor, but it looks very impressive, and I had checked the downloaded images at home.

I hope, You will understand, that I myself don't want to register on another board, and I had made the same decision also 3 years ago.

I love the original Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums, and I know, that the official Winamp 5.8 will come out some day, also if we will have to wait for some more months.

I myself don't give up with the hope, and I still use my Winamps on my PC & notebook together will many skins, presets, textures, wallpapers...

Old 11th January 2017, 19:47   #1746
trekman

How long has it been? Three years? More? I dont know anything about writing code or making computer programs. I dont know about Apps (except downloading to my computer) Im not a tech type person.

How many people work for Winamp? How big of a company is it? Is Shoutcast a parent company? Or are they one in the same? Are we talking 5-10 guys working on their days off or on the weekends, to make us a new Winamp Player? OR is it a decent sized company with 100+ employees? How many people are we talking here that are actually working on making a New Winamp player for us?

I think that these are legitimate questions that could be answered to those of us that use Winamp.

Im being honest here when I say it is VERY Discouraging and Disappointing to be left hanging on for all these years.

trekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 19:55   #1747
musicf8

You're basically just preaching the same questions that everyone has been asking, and the fact is that we don't know. All we know is that there is a version 5.8 private beta. Given the silence, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one person actually coding for winamp and they are doing it as a side project. But again, that's just a guess.

Mind you tho (and i've said this many times before) that winamp is essentially now owned by Vivendi now. Vivendi is the same company that drove mp3.com to the ground, so I wouldn't expect much of a future with winamp

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 11th January 2017, 20:01   #1748
trekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
You're basically just preaching the same questions that everyone has been asking, and the fact is that we don't know. All we know is that there is a version 5.8 private beta. Given the silence, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one person actually coding for winamp and they are doing it as a side project. But again, that's just a guess.

Mind you tho (and i've said this many times before) that winamp is essentially now owned by Vivendi now. Vivendi is the same company that drove mp3.com to the ground, so I wouldn't expect much of a future with winamp
Ya musicf8, thats kind of been my thinking too. I guess we will never know for sure all the answers unless they are "officially" answered.

I do love Winamp, but Ive started using the AIMP player now, until a new Winamp finally comes out.

Old 11th January 2017, 20:04   #1749
musicf8

Curious, any reason why you decided to move over to AIMP? Strictly because Winamp isn't in active development? Because Winamp runs fine.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 11th January 2017, 20:23   #1750
trekman

Quote:
Curious, any reason why you decided to move over to AIMP? Strictly because Winamp isn't in active development? Because Winamp runs fine.
I like the way the AIMP looks (my version) and while my music is playing it always shows a pic of the album playing, in the player, in my taskbar and it flashes across the top of my screen when a new song starts. Winamp never did any of that for me.

I just sent Radionomy a email. They own Winamp and Shoutcast. I basically asked them the same things I posted here. I will post their response here when i get it.

Old 11th January 2017, 20:26   #1751
musicf8

Good luck, I did the same and still haven't heard of anything haha

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 11th January 2017, 20:59   #1752
trekman

Quote:
Good luck, I did the same and still haven't heard of anything haha
It may be that it really isnt something they care about. Hoping the interest will eventually die off. We will see.

Old 14th January 2017, 22:09   #1753
Galaxis5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekman View Post
It may be that it really isnt something they care about. Hoping the interest will eventually die off. We will see.
Better check this. https://getwacup.com/blog//

DrO is really working on Winamp.
Galaxis5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 23:52   #1754
trekman

I read several postings following them to other pages and a different website? Am I reading it correct and understanding that a New Winamp Player Is Not being made there will just be add ons and plug ins to the current version of Winamp?

Old 15th January 2017, 07:05   #1755
musicf8

There is a 5.8 Beta, though not sure when it will be released, DrO, a former developer decided to start "upgrading" winamp unofficially, you can see wacup as like a fork of Winamp. He's basically upgrading a lot of the plugins that are essential to winamp (but not the winamp core itself)

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 15th January 2017, 09:19   #1756
Psykoen

any news on a linux version?
Psykoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 11:25   #1757
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoen View Post
Even the future of the Windows version is very uncertain.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 23:46   #1758
marvin jennings

I am thinking it would be easier and great to have an check for update botton
marvin jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 08:00   #1759
Psykoen

just found out about a return of winamp but i dont use windows anymore so thats why ask about linux version.
sad to hear thats going so slow or halted and the future is uncertain. will be keeping my eye on it. and hopeing on a future with winamp again.
Psykoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 10:53   #1760
bug67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoen View Post
There are many clones. After many years of being dissatisfied with running Winamp via WINE, I gave up and started using Audacious. It's a bit 90's but I like it! :

http://audacious-media-player.org/

Don't be fooled by the GTK interface option. There is a Winamp Classic GUI.

Clementine is my second choice:

https://www.clementine-player.org/

Last edited by bug67; 16th January 2017 at 11:13. Reason: Added Screenshot
bug67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion