Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 3rd July 2016, 18:33   #441
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
You started ok, but then the 'train jumped the tracks'!
The only thing I did was to mention that I have the same (or very similar) problem that was already reported by another person, assuming that the author might find this information helpful and assuming that this information might help to get the issue fixed. Instead, the author shows very protective/dismissive reactions, leading to the impression that bug reports are not actually welcome.

Quote:
Why should a developer want to spend time playing 20 questions with you? The onus is on you to provide details upfront and as many times as necessary, if you want your issues addressed, imo. Little things to you (that you feel need not be said) could make the difference in understanding what is going on.
Because, normally, a developer is interested in fixing bugs in his software. So, if some person reports a problem, he will be happy that he has a person at hand who can reproduce the problem and who might be abel to provide further information on the issue. Also, the developer should know best which information he needs exactly to track down the issue. So he can simply ask the use to provide that information. If the developer is lucky, she will provide the information. If the developers is not interested in fixing the bug, then that's his decision. But please don't blame the bug reporter! Just say "thanks, but I'm currently not interested".

Quote:
Whatever time you spend generating a proper error/bug report pales in comparison to the time pbelkner spends honing his craft and working on his plug-ins, that he donates to the rest of us.
If he would have said "thank you for report, I'm interested into fixing this problem" and "can please provie information X, Y and Z to help me track down the problem?" - which would have been an expected reaction - then I would have been willing to spend more time on the issue and provide the information he needs. But with his kind of reaction, I know I don't need to spend more time on his software. Fair enough.

My Plugins: StdUtils | NSISList | CPUFeatures | ExecTimeout | KillProc
My source of inspiration: http://youtu.be/lCwY4_0W1YI
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:53   #442
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
... But with his kind of reaction, I know I don't need to spend more time on his software. Fair enough.
Often the same symptoms do not have the same cause. Why should a developer have to come back and ask for the details of your particular case?

Anyway, you have the right to have an opinion and the freedom to express it. I disagree with most of it, which is my right and freedom to say so. If your approach works for you (meaning, it gets your problems solved), I say stick with it. Fair enough and enough said, imo.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 05:36   #443
pbelkner

DrO regarding WASAPI/YASAPI

On Monday, June 27, 2016 DrO writes on his blog:
Quote:
Something that I’ve been looking into but haven’t made a final decision on is providing a WASAPI output plug-in. Whether this is better or not is hard to say (as most of the audio output options like DirectSound are effectively built on top of the WASAPI base platform) but it’s more about providing a range of choice for what people want.

There have been a number of such plug-ins to differing levels of success with the best having been the Maiko plug-in but as this now appears to be abandoned and no obvious means to contact the plug-in’s author, the new comer YASAPI appears to be taking on the role of the best WASAPI output plug-in implementation available.

It is a plug-in that is under development (having seen a number of new releases in the few days since I’ve been actively looking at it) and the source code is available (though am hesitant about considering a GPL based plug-in) which does mean I could look at improving some of the Winamp integration (e.g. localisation, 5.66+ improvements) but it may end up as a separate fork depending on any potential changes I make being accepted or not (am waiting a few more days before I re-contact the author from my initial message as I’d prefer to get an ok rather than blindly following the GPL)..
Darren, you don't need to write a second mail. Adding localisation, 5.66+ improvements? Ha ha ha ... Nobody needs these whistles an bells. You're simply not capable of providing the core stuff yourself!

Edit: On 25.06.2016 I received the following mail:
Quote:
Subject: out_yasapi build issues
To: pbelkner@users.sf.net
CC: doctoro@users.sf.net

REPLY at https://sourceforge.net/u/doctoro/profile/send_message

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Peter

I was looking to possibly provide some localisation support and some 5.666 integration tweaks for out_yasapi (assuming this is welcome) but on downloading the source code it appears that libya is missing / not available to allow it to be built.

Is there anything specific required to build out_yasapi like compiler, etc (as I see the resource files are by resedit and not the MSVC resource editor).

Also can I just check if it's all meant to be GPL2 ? As there appeared to be some LGPL2 references so I just want to make sure I've not missed something as to whether it's GPL or LGPL..

And the final thing is that there's a MSVCR100.DLL dependency but it's not a standard dll. So it might be better to provide a static linked version to avoid possible loading issues or ensure the installer checks and installs the appropriate redistributable as required.

Thanks
Darren

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was sent to you via the SourceForge web mail form.
Replying to this email will not work, please send a message to DrO at https://sourceforge.net/u/doctoro/profile/send_message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Good luck with it !

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas

Last edited by pbelkner; 4th July 2016 at 06:38.
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 13:52   #444
osmosis
Major Dude

Are you joking or actually being unfriendly toward DrO, pretty much the only developer doing any obvious work on Winamp other than yourself?

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 16:49   #445
music_listener79

YASAPI SSE2 vs non-SSE2

Hi,

I was just wondering what the difference was between the sse2 and the non-sse2 version of YASAPI?
music_listener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 17:21   #446
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_listener79 View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering what the difference was between the sse2 and the non-sse2 version of YASAPI?
Read post #299 on page 8 of this thread.

Old 5th July 2016, 17:57   #447
music_listener79

Quote:
Read post #299 on page 8 of this thread.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not very technical, I was just wondering if there's any advantages or benefits of using the SSE2 version on a PC with a SSE2 enabled CPU instead of the non-SSE2 version, provided that both of them works?
music_listener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 19:03   #448
Aminifu
Forum King

None that you would notice. Just some technical stuff that would probably not make any sense to you.

Old 5th July 2016, 19:22   #449
sirlemonhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Are you joking or actually being unfriendly toward DrO, pretty much the only developer doing any obvious work on Winamp other than yourself?
He seems to have developed a persecution complex of sorts
sirlemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 11:03   #450
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlemonhead View Post
He seems to have developed a persecution complex of sorts
Because I'm not playing the game any longer following your rules? Ha ha ha ... you're so stupid.

Old 12th July 2016, 05:59   #451
pbelkner

"DrO" on YASAPI again

On Monday, June 27, 2016, "DrO" writes on his blog:
Quote:
To start with I’ll get the negative side of things out of the way first. Two weeks back I’d mentioned that I’d been looking into but hadn’t made a final decision on providing a WASAPI output plug-in as part of WACUP and that I’d reached out to the author of the YASAPI plug-in to see whether patches for it would be accepted or if it would need to be forked if I wanted any of the changes I’d talked about being included..

When I’d first posted about the plug-in I hadn’t had a reply from the plug-in author but I now have after sending another message on Thursday (7th) and the response that I got back was that patches were not welcome (which seems at odds with the principals with providing an open source plug-in imho) and that I should only have attempted contact via the Winamp forums (which I’m not allowed to post on as I’d explained in my response to the reply I’d received which indicated that replies had been made on the forums which I’m not going to look at) and so have clearly annoyed the plug-in author which was not my intention.

Due to the response I’ve received, I’m now at odds on what to do regarding providing a version of this output plug-in or not. As I have no issue in following the GPLv3 requirements (as I could just have forked it and made any changes I like as long as the code is provided without attempting to contact the original author) nor that there is no implied support, etc from the original plug-in author.

I’m saddened to have received such a response when there’s not many people doing things for Winamp and I’d have thought that where possible trying to collaborate and improve such plug-ins would be welcome but that seems to not be the case in this instance *shrugs*
Darren, you are the wolf "der Kreide gefressen hat" (who had eaten chalk, reminiscent to the famous German fairy tail "Der Wolf und die sieben jungen Geißlein" where the wolf eats chalk in order to make his voice sound more high and sweet). Have you forgotten what you've once said?
Quote:
but it may end up as a separate fork
I'm not and possibly will never do.

Old 12th July 2016, 10:12   #452
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
@pbelkner
Could you explain what is the problem between You and DrO?
We all know that nowadays not many people try to do something for Winamp... Do not waste it.
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 11:39   #453
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Could you explain what is the problem between You and DrO?
Why are you disallowing "DrO" posting on this forum?
Quote:
I should only have attempted contact via the Winamp forums (which I’m not allowed to post)

https://getwinamp.com/blog/index.php...07/11/week-24/

Old 12th July 2016, 11:42   #454
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Don't ask me. In my opinion DrO decided to not post on this forum because of his relations with his former employer. So, you will not see DrO here anymore.

But he still tries to do something related to Winamp...
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 14:07   #455
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I agree, we can not take influence on the relations between a former paid employees and a former employer, and this applies to all people in all situations. Also we should not ask deeper.

We have to accept his decision. We should be glad, that at least he is still interested for doing something with Winamp and that he still will like this very fantastic media player.

Also I myself am still interested to make my Winamps on my PC & notebook more and more perfect, and I want to share my ideas with all the other true fans of Winamp & Milkdrop.

Unfortunately I myself feel more and more ill, and my longer absence from the Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums comes nearer and nearer (then I will be only able to come twice per month).

@ pbelkner , der Oderbruch ist ja gar nicht so weit weg vom gutem altem Berlin. Obwohl, was die Leute aus dem schönem altem Berlin gemacht haben, das gefällt mir nun ganz und gar nicht...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 15:13   #456
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
@ pbelkner , der Oderbruch ist ja gar nicht so weit weg vom gutem altem Berlin. Obwohl, was die Leute aus dem schönem altem Berlin gemacht haben, das gefällt mir nun ganz und gar nicht...
That's true. I was living in Berlin myself for about twenty years near Rigaer Straße (that's where you have headlines these days). Berlin is terrible. I moved two years ago.

But as it happened the "Bunte (colorful) Regime of Deutschland (BRD)" started to install their fine grained network of "Brutstätten der Kriminalität" (brut sites of crime) also here at an untouched landscape (approximately each 15 km there is such a site). Since some weeks we have security service at the Rewe market.

I'm fed up of all these lies close to explosion.

Old 12th July 2016, 15:29   #457
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

The crime and violence had increased also in our street in Berlin-Neukölln and it had spreaded also into the houses. I am really afraid, that suddenly I could be attacked outside near our home, stabbed or shot. I cannot count anymore, how many psychologic consultations I had to take already. But also my body makes problems, not only my psyche. My panic attacks together with hyperventillation and tears are based also on these problems. The hospital at day is waiting for me already. And now also the management for all houses wants to get rid off us, because as long-time tenants we have become unprofitable.

I can understand You, that You have left Berlin. Also my husband Frank wants to leave Berlin. I myself always wanted to die, where I had been born. But maybe in my next life I want to be born in another European country, in the North, maybe in the Land Of The Saami. My images with Lonely Landscapes (without humans) speak for that.

And the TV news in rbb, ARD and ZDF are full with Rigaer Strasse...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 16:19   #458
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Why are you disallowing "DrO" posting on this forum?
DrO is not disallowed from posting on this forum.
He says so here:
https://getwinamp.com/blog/index.php...t160712-141546

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 16:41   #459
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
DrO is not disallowed from posting on this forum.
He says so here:
https://getwinamp.com/blog/index.php...t160712-141546
I never had any doubts. I asked the question a Mod just because I wanted to have confirmation from he himself (a Mod who was asking me about a "problem" with "DrO") that "DrO" is nothing more then a liar.

"DrO" on his blog as already quoted:
Quote:
I should only have attempted contact via the Winamp forums (which I’m not allowed to post ...)

Old 12th July 2016, 16:59   #460
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
I never had any doubts. I asked the question a Mod just because I wanted to have confirmation from he himself (a Mod who was asking me about a "problem" with "DrO") that "DrO" is nothing more then a liar.
Maybe I helped prove that with my comments on his blog.
But the "lie" concerns a personal matter between DrO and Radionomy.
You've still avoided Pawel's question: "Could you explain what is the problem between You and DrO?"

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 17:06   #461
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
You've still avoided Pawel's question: "Could you explain what is the problem between You and DrO?"
I think it is already said.

To be more precise: Why trust someone who is that bluntly lying?

Old 13th July 2016, 17:47   #462
williamswer

hai, Got up to 4.9x buffer and Bjork stopped popping during playback. Even though loker I use FLAC, I'm not really an audiophile. So I am assuming the audio is not defected in any other obvious manner.

EDIT: Are there any plans to have the volume slider in Winamp work with YASAPI? I noticed that the out_asio plugin also does not have volume control. Is this just a limitation with these sorts of plugins? iam problem again...
williamswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 02:10   #463
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamswer View Post
Are there any plans to have the volume slider in Winamp work with YASAPI?
From the Common Options tab folder just enable Volume Control.

Old 14th July 2016, 14:19   #464
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
On Monday, June 27, 2016 DrO writes on his blog:

Darren, you don't need to write a second mail. Adding localisation, 5.66+ improvements? Ha ha ha ... Nobody needs these whistles an bells. You're simply not capable of providing the core stuff yourself!
:
Well, if you would say, hey I doubt that he says the truth or something like this others could think 'Hey that is Peter's opinion, I my agree with Peter or I disagree'.

But what you do just a wave of provocation filled with tons of arrogance. If that is your opinion and you want to use these words, then you should write him a mail, instead of blaming someone in public.

"Nobody needs these whistles an bells"

That is you opinion, there are a lot of people who:

a. Don't speak english
b. are handicapped, cannot control Winamp with a mouse, where tabbing would be useful so they can use the keyboard instead
c. a few more things

So saying that this is crap in general is your opinion, and if you think so, you could say it in a friendly way.

As for the main issue, I don't understand why you release the plugin under the GPL, but don't want that others work with the source.

And to make one thing clear.

Q: Do I agree with anything DrO decides?
A: No, I don't, but I respect his decision(s) if I like them or not. But even if I disagree with him, I still can work, talk etc with him

Q: Do I agree with Radionomy and the general Winamp situation?
A: No, I just think, that the current handling and communication with the community means the end for Winamp and RN doesn't care at all. But this doesn't prevent me from deleting tons of spam in the radionomy forums etc.

And I doubt that any of the mods here would directly say that he is a liar.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 17:07   #465
pbelkner

What is the point of your post? Do you think I will change my mind because of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
"Nobody needs these whistles an bells"
Yes indeed, this is my opinion. Alle my posts express my opinion. That's trival.

"DrO" publicly declared that he wants to fork the project if I don't support him:
Quote:
it may end up as a separate fork

https://getwinamp.com/blog/index.php...06/27/week-22/
That moment I marked him the enemy. (You should have in mind that if you shake hands with the enemy I hardly can consider you an ally.)

First I thought I could protect "DrO" by arguing anonymous in the public and not answering his mail. But he was the one to go public first on his blog. OK he wants it. Now he simply gets what he deserves.
Quote:
The ordinary users of this forum don't know the whole truth and what's going on behind the scenes (and hopefully will never know). On 25.06.2016 I received a PM (I have not answered yet and I don't plan to do so) with un-deniable signs that there are plans to hijack this project. In order to protect those people writing me mails I hesitate to reveal those PM and I hope that there will be never any need for doing so. But I take the opportunity to openly answer: I have understood. And you should note that you have to put you're source code into the public with the copyright notice intact.

YASAPI is my brain-child and I will take any measures to protect it. If I'm hitting the wrong I just don't care.

You should note that I'm not the silly pc nice guy. I'm the BAD guy and I have no problem you calling me accordingly. Just call me the BAD guy.
Quote:
As for the main issue, I don't understand why you release the plugin under the GPL, but don't want that others work with the source.
Who told you that? "DrO" himself? Ha ha ha! I wrote to him:
Quote:
I'm not interested in a fork.

Regarding the license study it at
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/
and do whatever you like within the constraints of it at your own risk.

If you have any question post it at
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=380396
just like any other.

I already took the opportunity to publicly answer you there at
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....&postcount=432
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....&postcount=444
What is the following?
Quote:
there are a lot of people who:

a. Don't speak english
b. are handicapped, cannot control Winamp with a mouse, where tabbing would be useful so they can use the keyboard instead
c. a few more things
Stay away with that pc crap. It makes the code unessarily fat. We have to fight already enough real problems. I'm NOT working for the users especially not for you. Read again the personal statement from the About dialog:
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROJECT IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RATHER THEN AN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH EFFORT. THIS PROJECT IS NOT FOR YOU. IT IS FOR ME IN ORDER TO LEARN SOMETHING. IF THERE IS SOMETHING ALONG THE WAY I CAN DO FOR YOU THAT'S FINE.
You should understand that I'm the dictatorship kind of guy. If you don't like it stay away: this plug-in is not for you!

Or hope that "DrO" will fork it:
Quote:
there is no implied support, etc from the original plug-in author

https://getwinamp.com/blog/index.php...07/11/week-24/
Ha ha ha ... that's correct Darren!

Old 14th July 2016, 17:28   #466
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

My point is that you are simply arrogant and attack people in a public forum.

I don't care if you would like to work with others on the plug-in, I don't care if you allow others to work on your source, furthermore I don't care about the plugin in general or if it would be part of DrO's plug-in pack or not.

I just replied because the worst thing people can do is blaming others in public, if it is DrO or someone else doesn't matter. It is just wrong. If you have an issue, then clear things with the relevant person.

The reason why I'm writing here is that I act as moderator and keeping threads friendly is the goal.

Quote:
Who told you that? "DrO" himself? Ha ha ha! I wrote to him:
Nah, I just knew that source code was available, so this was a guess .I haven't spoke with anyone since a while.

But I must say that i was wrong, I thought you were one of the last guys who work on Winamp related stuff, but it seems that you you have some kind of psychotic problems, otherwise I have no idea why you act like a child. But interesting when people show their real face.
Old 14th July 2016, 18:22   #467
pbelkner

Quote:
My point is that you are simply arrogant
Confirmed. I'm simply the best! Nobody understands my code not because it's "bad design" but because of the opposite. It needs years of experience to understand.
Quote:
I just replied because the worst thing people can do is blaming others in public, if it is DrO or someone else doesn't matter. It is just wrong. If you have an issue, then clear things with the relevant person.
Just again: It was "DrO" who was going public first on his blog. PLEASE STOP REPEATING THIS LIE THAT I'M THE ONE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY MY ABOVE POST! IT CONTAINS ALL RELEVANT QUOTES! He was the one not trying to deal out things quietly. It's exact this strategy that sets me up because it puts pressure on me.
Quote:
But I must say that i was wrong, I thought you were one of the last guys who work on Winamp related stuff, but it seems that you you have some kind of psychotic problems, otherwise I have no idea why you act like a child. But interesting when people show their real face.
What I really hate is pc. You should think on that twice and reconsider calling me "psychotic". "DrO" had tried to steel away what I have crafted. Look at the download figures:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/out...+to+2016-06-30
And, my dear, you can be assured that I continue working on Winamp. And also you can be assured that I continue to protect my work and not letting it steel away.

One final question. Why most (if not to say all) of you join "DrO's" party? The one who had hidden all of his work? The one who had shut down his plug-ins (binary anyway) and documentation too? Who had disallowed Winamp to be distributed with JTFE? Who had left Radionomy with the code he had produced (and probably paid for) full of bugs that it had to be rolled-back?

WHY?

Why you didn't intervene during the smear campaign against me by user Philippe?

WHY? PLEASE TELL ME!

EDIT:
Quote:
I just replied because the worst thing people can do is blaming others in public
Quote:
The reason why I'm writing here is that I act as moderator and keeping threads friendly is the goal.
Quote:
I just replied because the worst thing people can do is blaming others in public ... It is just wrong. If you have an issue, then clear things with the relevant person.
Ha ha ha ... just look at yourself:
Quote:
My point is that you are simply arrogant
Quote:
it seems that you you have some kind of psychotic problems, otherwise I have no idea why you act like a child.

Old 14th July 2016, 20:09   #468
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
What I really hate is pc. You should think on that twice and reconsider calling me "psychotic".
Read your own posting and then tell me if it is normal.

Quote:
And, my dear, you can be assured that I continue working on Winamp. And also you can be assured that I continue to protect my work and not letting it steel away.
That is your right. But my dear, be sure if you write such stuff again that the thread will be locked.

Quote:
One final question. Why most (if not to say all) of you join "DrO's" party? The one who had hidden all of his work? The one who had shut down his plug-ins (binary anyway) and documentation too? Who had disallowed Winamp to be distributed with JTFE? Who had left Radionomy with the code he had produced (and probably paid for) full of bugs that it had to be rolled-back?
1. I'm not part of any party, I disagree with a few things DrO did, I can see some of his points as well.

No one of us has full details what happened between Him and RM so most of the stuff is based on speculations

2. I don't know where you got your info from, but the last 5.666 release was created under extreme time pressure to make the 'perfect' last version available. This is why it contains bugs. Nothing is bug free, you are asking here for user feedback as well, you had to fix crash bugs as well.

As for the roll back, I still think that was a bad decision. Some stuff could have been disabled others fixed. And even with their roll back, Winamp seems to be dead.

3. As for paid things, sure he got paid, but the stuff he got paid for is still included. Other people where paid for creating a Skin, after the contract was gone there were no more bug fixes or implemented feature requests for the skins. This is the world we live in, no cash no code. This is how most people act, sad but true.
Quote:
WHY?

Why you didn't intervene during the smear campaign against me by user Philippe?

WHY? PLEASE TELL ME!
No idea who Phillippe is. If you had a problem with him you simply could use the report user link, then we already would have checked it.

Quote:
Ha ha ha ... just look at yourself:
I gave you an explanation why I replied and if you read your own postings, you may figure out, that these postings are not ok...or maybe you won't.

In fact, a simple 'Hey sorry but I have no interest to work with you.' mail would be enough, instead of that you discredit someone in a public forum in a weird way.
Old 15th July 2016, 02:13   #469
pbelkner

Quote:
if you write such stuff again that the thread will be locked.
After all that's your whole argument.

Old 15th July 2016, 13:43   #470
gasbag

I can to use out_yasapi.dll (v1.7.21) in Exclusive mode for flac format without enabled Extend to 24 bits only.

(With MP3 format or with enabled Extend to 24 bits sounds output with loud noise, when I select Exclusive mode. In Share [or Automatic] mode I have no problems. Out_maiko.dll works in Exclusive mode for both formats, flac and MP3)
gasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 14:01   #471
pbelkner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
I can to use out_yasapi.dll (v1.7.21) in Exclusive mode for flac format without enabled Extend to 24 bits only.

(With MP3 format or with enabled Extend to 24 bits sounds output with loud noise, when I select Exclusive mode. In Share [or Automatic] mode I have no problems. Out_maiko.dll works in Exclusive mode for both formats, flac and MP3)
Please send in a trace in order that we can see what really happens:
  • Download and install a debug version (unpack the 7z archive and copy the dll to the "Winamp/Plugins" folder).
  • Configure the debug version the same way as non-debug.
  • Enable the console (via configuration) with default debug level.
  • A debug console appears.
  • Start playing.
  • Copy&paste what you see from the debug console in between php-tags into this forum.
Thank you.

Old 15th July 2016, 14:19   #472
gasbag

If you need some next combination, please, specify it

PHP Code:

) ---------- flac sounds normally ---------------------

Yet Another (WA)SAPI Output v1.7.21 (Debug)
open (out_yasapi-debug.dll)
  > 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

got the the default audio device
  got the endpoint ID string

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "device_period"(0)

option "autoconvertpcm"(1)

option "src_default_quality"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

option "ring_size"5.000500 (5.000000)

option "ring_fill"1.000000 (1.000000)

option "share_size"7.004000 (7.000000)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

PlayerCreateWFXX (44100216) <

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

PlayerConnect (negociate1reset1) <

YASAPI_SHAREMODE_EXCLUSIVE
  audio client created
  got device period

default: 101587 hns
    minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
  device period scaled by 7.00 
(device period711515)

going to initialize

"{0.0.0.00000000}.{d09768aa-71c5-4e21-9e0a-7e7bdbad10d7}"

intitializing audio client EXCLUSIVE/PUSH with 711515/0 hns
  audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio render client created
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

START AUDIO CLIENT4096 frames
  numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(81928 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
PlayerTryStart (state6underflow1) <
Warning underflow in PlayerTryStart"yasapi_player.c" (1536).
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStartaudio client started
  PlayerTryStart
start playing

) ----------------- flac loud noise ----------------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp
16 -> 24

audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=2denominator=3
  ring buffer created 
(122892 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing

) --------------- MP3  sounds normally ------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

PlayerCreateWFXX (44100224) <

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_SHARED
  audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

intitializing audio client SHARED/PUSH with 711515/0 hns
  audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
3138 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

START AUDIO CLIENT3138 frames
  numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(94152 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing

) --------------- MP3 loud noise ------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(122892 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing 
Old 15th July 2016, 15:58   #473
pbelkner

Quote:
If you need some next combination, please, specify it

PHP Code:

) ---------- flac sounds normally ---------------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(81928 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing

) ----------------- flac loud noise ----------------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp
16 -> 24

audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=2denominator=3
  ring buffer created 
(122892 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing

) --------------- MP3  sounds normally ------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_SHARED
  audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

intitializing audio client SHARED/PUSH with 711515/0 hns
  audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
3138 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

START AUDIO CLIENT3138 frames
  numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(94152 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing

) --------------- MP3 loud noise ------------

> 
PlayerDeviceCreate <

PlayerOpen <

option "share_mode"(0)

option "pull"(0)

option "force24bit"(0)

device options loaded
  DISCONNECT ENABLED
  got the device

samplerate44100
  numchannels
  bitspersamp

audio client created
  got device period

minimum
30000 hns
    choosen
101587 hns
(device period711515)

going to initialize

audio client initialized
  SHARED BUFFER SIZE
4096 frames
  audio clock created
  audio client reset

PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(122892 bytes)
  > 
TimeReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
TimeSegmentReset <
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 
  > 

PlayerTryStart
start playing 
I could not see any difference between scenarios 3) and 4) Both deliver 2 channels a 24 bit to the YASAPI. Scenario 1) delivers 2 channels a 16 bit and scenario 2) delivers also 2 channels a 24 bit with "Extend to 24" bit switched on:
PHP Code:
    option "force24bit"(0
vs.
PHP Code:
    option "force24bit"(0
You see the input format from the line
PHP Code:
or
PHP Code:
respectively.

Whether transformation took place you can see from the lines (short afterwards)

case no transformation (buffer transformation 1:1):
PHP Code:
  bitspersamp16
  > 
PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=1denominator=1
  ring buffer created 
(81928 bytes
case with transformation (buffer transformation 2:3):
PHP Code:
  bitspersamp16 -> 24
  > 
PlayerCreateRing <

numerator
=2denominator=3
  ring buffer created 
(122892 bytes
From the trace I can not see a single problem. Everything works as it should. Especially scenarios 3) and 4) appear miraculous because the same input should lead to the same output.

I re-tested everything on my site assuming that "Nullsoft FLAC Decoder" (in_flac.dll) and "Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder" (in_mp3.dll) where used without finding any issue.

Sorry, there is nothing I can do for you.

One final question: Your PC is x86/x64?

Old 15th July 2016, 16:37   #474
gasbag

Yes, difference between 1) and 2) "flac" scenarios is in "Extend to 24 bits" only
1) option "force24bit": 0 (0) ... good sound
2) option "force24bit": 1 (0) ... wrong sound (loud noise)

Difference between 3) and 4) "mp3" scenarios is in mode only
3) option "share_mode": 0 (0) ... good sound
4) option "share_mode": 1 (0) ... wrong sound (loud noise)

My PC is x64 platform with 64 bits Windows 10
Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86)
Tested with in_flac.dll (Nullsoft FLAC decoder v3.1) and in_mp3.dll (Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder v4.103). Trying to use ffsox.dll (FFSoX 2 Input v0.3.5) not helps.
Old 15th July 2016, 16:48   #475
pbelkner

Quote:
Yes, difference between 1) and 2) "flac" scenarios is in "Extend to 24 bits" only
1) option "force24bit": 0 (0) ... good sound
2) option "force24bit": 1 (0) ... wrong sound (loud noise)

Difference between 3) and 4) "mp3" scenarios is in mode only
3) option "share_mode": 0 (0) ... good sound
4) option "share_mode": 1 (0) ... wrong sound (loud noise)

My PC is x64 platform with 64 bits Windows 10
Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86)
Tested with in_flac.dll (Nullsoft FLAC decoder v3.1) and in_mp3.dll (Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder v4.103). Trying to use ffsox.dll (FFSoX 2 Input v0.3.5) not helps.
I made some further tests (so far without any result).

The differences between scenario 1) and 2):
PHP Code:
1c1
1) ---------- flac sounds normally ---------------------
---
2) ----------------- flac loud noise ----------------------
14c14
<     option "force24bit"(0)
---
>     
option "force24bit"(0)
24c24
<   bitspersamp16
---
>   
bitspersamp16 -> 24
,44c43,44
<   numerator=1denominator=1
<   ring buffer created (81928 bytes)
---
>   
numerator=2denominator=3
>   ring buffer created (122892 bytes
The differences between scenarios 3) and 4):
PHP Code:
1c1
3) --------------- MP3  sounds normally ------------
---
4) --------------- MP3 loud noise ------------
9c9
<     option "share_mode"(0)
---
>     
option "share_mode"(0)
26c26
<   AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_SHARED
---
>   
35c35
<   intitializing audio client SHARED/PUSH with 711515/0 hns
---
>   
37c37
<   SHARED BUFFER SIZE3138 frames
---
>   
SHARED BUFFER SIZE4096 frames
42c42
<   START AUDIO CLIENT3138 frames
---
>   
44c44
<   ring buffer created (94152 bytes)
---
>   
ring buffer created (122892 bytes)
55a56,57
>   > 
57c59
<   PlayerTryStartstart playing 
---
>   
PlayerTryStartstart playing 
There is an interesting difference in comparing 3) and 4): 3) starts in SHARED/PUSH whereas 4) starts in EXCLUSIVE/PUSH.

Old 15th July 2016, 17:04   #476
gasbag

Quote:
I made some further tests (so far without any result).
Ok, nevertheless thank you for your time and trying help me with using your plugin in exclusive mode. I can to use it in share mode.
Old 25th July 2016, 23:02   #477
osmosis
Major Dude

Why is your code available if you don't want anyone to fork it or be able to build it? From what I can see Darren's stance has always been that he wanted to work with you but might have to fork it following whatever license you have in place to add some functionality if required. This is not him stealing your work, this is open source. You're not being rational.

Old 26th July 2016, 03:44   #478
pbelkner

Quote:
Why is your code available if you don't want anyone to fork it or be able to build it? From what I can see Darren's stance has always been that he wanted to work with you but might have to fork it following whatever license you have in place to add some functionality if required. This is not him stealing your work, this is open source. You're not being rational.
I'm only aware of a few examples of forks:
  • FLAC,
  • FFmpeg,
  • Mplayer.
Which comes closest to where a fork really is needed is FLAC. The original developer, Josh Coalson, disappeared to nowhere while the "community" felt that the code base needs some maintenance because it was becoming an "industrial standard". However, there was a long going discussion whether it was justified or not (cf. hydrogen audio forum). Please note that at the time FLAC was considered dead and un-maintained.

The un-famous example of a fork is FFmpeg. Part of the FFmpeg developers where annoyed by the project lead, Michael Niedermayer, installed by the original project founder, Fabrice Bellard (who supported Niedermayer and owns the trademark anyway). They forked under dubious circumstances which where considered a turmoil into Libav. These days the fork (turmoil) is considered dead.

Forking Mplayer into Mplayer-2 was in the shadows of the FFmpeg turmoil. These days Mplayer-2 is considered dead.

Writing open source software is similar to writing a book. Even if it is technical no problem by any means to re-print a book you're not granted the right to do so.

I consider it a serious attack openly announcing plans for forking while the project is obviously being alive and maintained.

Old 26th July 2016, 04:38   #479
osmosis
Major Dude

Alright, I can sort of start to see where you're coming from, but you need to realize not everyone has the opinions/stance on open source that you do, and might find your views contrary to the idea of openness, especially when you're so aggressive about it. I don't think anyone but you intended or viewed it as an attack.

I deal mostly in Android lately, where people take AOSP and fork it to add/remove features all the time to make new custom ROMs, and it's no big deal there. I believe this is the way most people view open source.. see any GitHub repo's fork network view for many, many examples.

Old 26th July 2016, 04:47   #480
pbelkner

Quote:
Alright, I can sort of start to see where you're coming from, but you need to realize not everyone has the opinions/stance on open source that you do, and might find your views contrary to the idea of openness
It's not my goal that anybody else understands my intentions. I do what I do.
Quote:
I deal mostly in Android lately, where people take AOSP and fork it to add/remove features all the time to make new custom ROMs, and it's no big deal there. I believe this is the way most people view open source.. see any GitHu' repo's fork network view for many, many examples.
Once again, the attacker may do whatever he likes within the constraints of GPL3. However, he should consider that
  • I do not support a fork, moreover
  • I consider him the enemy.
EDIT: Sorry for the following: Your kind of thinking (you're assuming for anybody else too) is sort of communist like. I know what I'm talking about. I don't want those days to come back.

Last edited by pbelkner; 26th July 2016 at 06:11.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion