Old 26th March 2017, 11:19   #1
Skywave

Dissapointed with WinAmp

This is my first - and last post here. So I wanted a 'simple audio player' - and Google suggested WinAmp. OMG! Is this someone's idea of "simple"? Far from it! Cluttered screen; far, far too much detail; the windows are far too small, etc., etc. Overall, it's just another example of programmers who just don't know when to stop 'bolting bits on' - and which serve no real useful purpose. And I thought Windows Media Player was OTT! Total waste of my time.

Goodbye.

Skywave
Skywave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 18:12   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

So long. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Winamp is modular. There is no need to install all the available features if you will not be using them. Simply use the custom mode of it's installer and disable the installation of the features you don't want. This makes it easy to basically reduce Winamp's functionality to that of the basic player it was 19 years ago.

Since you don't like the default user interfaces (skins), search the internet for others. There are dozens available from smaller minimalist windows to larger (up to full screen) all-in-one or separate windows that provide access to Winamp's controls and features.

There is probably no way to please everyone and if you still don't like Winamp after some customizing, then try something else. There are plenty of alternatives available (overall, none as good, imo).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 20:47   #3
Topcoloringpages

Well maybe Winamp isn't the ultimate master of simplicity but their programmers still deserve some credit. Even if it's not your kind.
Topcoloringpages is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion