Old 17th May 2007, 20:58   #41
ParadiseFH

Quote:
Originally posted by ParadiseFH
Hmm. I'll double check when I get home and make you some purty screenshots tomorrow.
Ok, I lied.

I was looking for "Use skinned font for main window title display (no international title support)"

All is well. My bad.
ParadiseFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 02:54   #42
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Still can't drag and drop the bookmarks around like we used to.
Any chance of getting that little issue resolved?
papadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 03:11   #43
ujay
Forum King

Not sure what you mean there papadoc, seems fine here.

Or is this with DrO's plugin ?

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:38   #44
Ekeko

hello,
i am using windows XP SP2 and can not access CDDB. One PC says "CDDB not installed"...

please help!
Ekeko
Ekeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 13:10   #45
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
Not sure what you mean there papadoc, seems fine here.

Or is this with DrO's plugin ?

UJ
Hey there ujay.
Yep, I believe it's an issue with DrO's plug-in.
Just thought I'd remind him about it here though,
instead of dragging up an old thread.
Old 18th May 2007, 13:19   #46
DrO

i know, i've been bad in getting that issue resolved (well more in just getting around to implementing new code so that it'll work to begin with). it's not forgotten, just work has killed much of the time i have to work on my own stuff for a while

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 13:22   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

New pmp_p4s.dll available
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 19:32   #48
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Just giving you a friendly little nudge in that direction, DrO
Thanks for the reply my friend.
Old 18th May 2007, 23:29   #49
Moguta

Thanks for fixing the Genre field issue! Unfortunately, I've found another couple of bugs in the FLAC plugin.

* Pressing Enter in the FLAC File Info dialog closes the box without saving any tag information.
* Pressing Enter in the Comments field also closes the dialog rather than entering a new line, inconsistent with the behavior of the MP3 File Info box.
* The Comments field lacks scrolling or a scrollbar, and as such is limited to 5 lines. This is problematic when trying to store lyrics and such. I've also just noticed that it doesn't wrap text, either.

Magnatune - A role model for ALL digital music stores!
Moguta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 23:39   #50
Alcahest

Was UTF-8 (real unicode) support added in in_mp3.dll in this new version 5.35? It seems not :/
Alcahest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 23:45   #51
pengwynman

having any luck reproducing the video slowdown at full screen? it's still bugging me....
pengwynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 09:58   #52
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by pengwynman
having any luck reproducing the video slowdown at full screen? it's still bugging me....
Do you have the correct drivers? I'm not talking about the stuff that MS supplied. My video issues got sorted when I installed the newest nVidia drivers for my card.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 13:27   #53
jph6t
Major Dude

MLDB vs ID3v2 Updates

I brought up the below issue once before while work was being done on the v5.34 Beta, but never got any feedback. Finally two releases later (v5.34 & v5.35), I got around to re-testing Winamps behavior. Everything is the same as it was in v5.34 Beta ... so my original question remains ...
Quote:
Originally posted by jph6t
So I was tagging the songs in my Media Library (ML) this past weekend with their Album Artist information. Obviously, when it came to songs from the same Album
(that share a value for Album Artist) it was quickest to highlight all the given songs and select “Edit selected items…” and update the Album Artist for all at once.

Now as I went through my library I came across some songs that had other tags in need of tweaking. So take for example the update of Album name. My intention was only to update Album name, and NOT Album Artist.

As such, I used the “Edit selected items…” as pictured in the attached screen shot. Only the Album field was checked. Album Artist was NOT currently populated in the file’s tag, only in the MLDB (as a result of auto-population). Album Artist was NOT checked in the “Edit selected items…” window. When I clicked update, I later realized that ALL the values displayed in the “Edit selected items…” window were sent to the file’s tag (whether they were checked to be updated or not). As such, the Album Artist data that was auto-populated to my MLDB was pushed to my tags without my intention.

Now in the above example, I’m talking about using “Edit selected items…” on one song. But this same issue will occur when updating multiple songs if a value is displayed in the “Edit selected items…” (which will happen if the songs share the same value for a given field - a scenerio that will often happen with Album Artist).

Now I don’t know if this is truly a bug. This might very well be behaving as designed. I’m just pointing it out, ‘cause I think it’s creating a scenario where many users could accidentally update their tags. I’m not sure everyone using Winamp knows the difference between the MLDB and the ID3v2 tags and which commands in Winamp update which. I know I wasn’t until I played with “View file info…” and “Edit selected items…”.

I guess my main question/feature request/proposal is this:

Should the “Edit selected items…” window update* the ID3v2 tags with any/all populated fields, or only those fields that are checked when the user clicks the “Update” button.

*Obviously this assumes that the user has the "Update file tag(s) if supported" flag checked within the “Edit selected items…” window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edit file info - updates tags.jpg (23.2 KB, 577 views)
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 15:37   #54
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

My opinion is yes, it should update the tags if that info exists in the mldb but not the tags, regardless of whether it is checked or not.

I just came across a heap of .ogg files which had album metadata in the mldb only, but not in the vorbis comments (due to that bug in ~5.3 ish where 'edit selected items' was removing the album tag for .ogg files), and I fixed it simply by typing ?filename ends .ogg into the search, selecting all results > edit selected items > update.

It would have been a nightmare to manually find and edit each file/album separately, so yeah, thank god for that feature :-)
Old 19th May 2007, 15:59   #55
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: MLDB vs ID3v2 Updates

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
My opinion is yes, it should update the tags if that info exists in the mldb but not the tags, regardless of whether it is checked or not.
Ok, but realize that with this approach ... combined with MLDB-only information ... functionally speaking, the end-user can no longer use "Edit selected items..."
on their songs, else their MLDB-only entry would be undone (written to the tag).

I don't particularly have a problem with this that approach, as I'm not aware of a situation where I would intentionally want my MLDB and tag out-of-sync.

It was just counter-intuitive to me that unchecked fields were being updated.
With most other programs I've used, only the checked fields are updated.
(Although one could argue the checkmarks to which I'm referring only apply to the MLDB update, and it's actually the "Update file tag(s) if supported" flag that controls the update of the file's tags ... and that this flag is an all-or-nothing option,
as opposed to mirroring the selective update of the MLDB fields as controlled by the checkmarks on the above fields).
Quote:
I just came across a heap of .ogg files which had album metadata in the mldb only, but not in the vorbis comments (due to that bug in ~5.3 ish where 'edit selected items' was removing the album tag for .ogg files), and I fixed it simply by typing ?filename ends .ogg into the search, selecting all results > edit selected items > update.

It would have been a nightmare to manually find and edit each file/album separately, so yeah, thank god for that feature :-)
You still would have easily updated your .ogg files with the method I was proposing. You just would have had to CHECK the Album field before selecting 'update'.
Old 19th May 2007, 16:20   #56
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Re: MLDB vs ID3v2 Updates

Quote:
You still would have easily updated your .ogg files with the method I was proposing. You just would have had to CHECK the Album field before selecting 'update'.
Nope, that would wipe the album field and make it blank for all selected files.

The album field will be blank in the 'Edit Selected Items' dialog if multiple albums are selected. To do it your way, I would need to edit every album separately.
To do it my/the current way, all you need to do is select all albums > edit selected items > don't checkmark anything > update.

If you don't want it to also update the tags then you should uncheck 'update file tags', and that is all.
Old 19th May 2007, 16:27   #57
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
Nope, that would wipe the album field and make it blank for all selected files.

The album field will be blank in the 'Edit Selected Items' dialog if multiple albums are selected. To do it your way, I would need to edit every album separately.
To do it my/the current way, all you need to do is select all albums > edit selected items > don't checkmark anything > update.
Ahh yes, I picture what you were doing now. I stand corrected.

However, I would point out that your scenario was created by a previous bug
as opposed to a usage scenario.
Old 19th May 2007, 16:34   #58
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Maybe so, but I can think of other instances where it would be useful...

For example, what if you decide to use some external autotagger, but aren't happy with the end results? You could then just use 'Edit Selected Items' in Winamp to restore the original tags.

What if you want to mass edit the Album Artist tags, ie. they're in the mldb but not in the tags?

There's other scenarios where it would be useful too, and to be perfectly honest with you, I doubt if this behaviour will change.
It makes perfect sense to me to have the tags and the mldb in sync, and this is one very simple way to achieve that.

To sync mldb to tags:
Edit Selected Items > don't check anything (other than 'update file tags') > Update

To sync tags to mldb:
Audio View > select all > right-click > Read metadata on selected

Basically, the checkmarks in the 'Edit Selected Items' dialog are there for when you actually want to edit a field.
Old 19th May 2007, 16:56   #59
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
It makes perfect sense to me to have the tags and the mldb in sync, and this is one very simple way to achieve that.
DJ Egg, thanks for entertaining my concern, and discussing in the above posts.
I think you've addressed my concern. I just need to adjust my thinking to view the “Update file tag(s) if supported" flag as an all-or-nothing option … and by making such an adjustment, behavior on a single file update is completely intuitive.

However …

Your .ogg situation made me think of one last thing in the scenario when
“Edit selected items…” is used on multiple files.

When multiple files are selected, fields in the “Edit file info” window
can be blank for 1 of 2 reasons:
  1. Because the value is null for all selected files
  2. Because the value is NOT shared unanimously across all the selected files
If the value is null (option #1), and update is selected, the tags on the selected file will be updated/cleared to match the MLDB.

However, if the value is different across the files (option #2), then the matching field in the tag will NOT be updated.

Right now … there is no way to know from within the “Edit file info” window whether option #1 or option #2 will occur upon clicking the Update button. When multiple files are selected, without a visual indicator of some sort, one really doesn’t know whether empty fields will be pushed to the tag or not.
Old 20th May 2007, 04:19   #60
JacknLime

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Do you have the correct drivers? I'm not talking about the stuff that MS supplied. My video issues got sorted when I installed the newest nVidia drivers for my card.
I'm not using nVidia so maybe it's an ATI video card compatability issue. I've got the latest catalyst drivers for vista and have a Radeon 1950 pro card and video playback is jerky at fullscreen.
JacknLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2007, 07:02   #61
pengwynman

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
i've tried the latest stable nvidia release, plus a couple beta versions, to no avail. i didn't have any issues until i formatted, did a fresh install of vista, and downloaded 5.35. i hate it when upgrading downgrades performance.
pengwynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 18:51   #62
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Re: MLDB vs ID3v2 Updates

Quote:
When multiple files are selected, fields in the “Edit file info” window
can be blank for 1 of 2 reasons:
  1. Because the value is null for all selected files
  2. Because the value is NOT shared unanimously across all the selected files
If the value is null (option #1), and update is selected, the tags on the selected file will be updated/cleared to match the MLDB.

However, if the value is different across the files (option #2),
then the matching field in the tag will NOT be updated.

Right now … there is no way to know from within the “Edit file info” window whether option #1 or option #2 will occur upon clicking the Update button. When multiple files are selected, without a visual indicator of some sort, one really doesn’t know whether empty fields will be pushed to the tag or not.
DJ Egg (or anyone else) ... do you have a take on the case I logged above
regarding the update of multiple files at the same time?
Old 22nd May 2007, 05:02   #63
listeruk

Creative Zen M synch error

Synching TO my ZEN Vision M comes up with the error -

Error in Insert: 8002000a.

~sigh~

Last edited by listeruk; 22nd May 2007 at 05:20.
listeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 05:33   #64
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Did you try the update yet?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=270944#update

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 05:44   #65
DBGARZA

Any of you is having the problem that when you have Winamp 5.35 and the essentials pack 5.35 installed when you click on the playlist button on the bottom right corner on the playlist editor and select new playlist winamp freezes? also when this happens I noticed the CPU usage going up to 50% of use and I have to kill the process, if I uninstall the essentials pack winamp works fine when you click on new playlist.

in case you wonder I have a 3.20 Ghz Pentium 4 HT with 1 GB RAM DDR2.

I'm sure is one of the plug-ins in the essentials pack, I'll keep checking each plug in of it till find the culprit
DBGARZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 05:58   #66
listeruk

Re: Creative Zen M synch error

Quote:
Did you try the update yet?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread...d=270944#update
Yes, in desperation I tried it, but the update is for the playforsure plugin, not ml_pmp.dll - plus it's a different error code.

And no, it didn't work.

Last edited by listeruk; 22nd May 2007 at 08:33.
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:40   #67
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@listeruk

All "Error in Insert" messages (including "8002000a - out of present range") are definitely PlaysForSure (pmp_p4s) related errors.

If your Zen has v2.x firmware then it'll be a P4S-compatible device and will be using the pmp_p4s.dll interface, not pmp_njb. So yeah, make sure you've installed the updated pmp_p4s from the update pack.

You can confirm whether your Zen is p4s-compatible by removing pmp_p4s and seeing if Winamp still sees your Zen or not.

All that said and done, we've looked into the 8002000a error message/code, and haven't been able to find any reason for why it happens, or what it even means.

Have you tried a clean install?

@DBGARZA

No, I can't reproduce that. Confirm that you've got all the latest versions of all the plugins included with the Essential Pack.
Try removing/disabling them one at a time, closing & reopening Winamp inbetween, until you find which of the plugins is to blame...
Also confirm that you're not using any other 3rd-party plugins which aren't included with the default Winamp installation.

@jph6t

I've said all I can and want to say on the subject.
If anyone else wants to contribute, please feel free to do so.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:14   #68
jph6t
Major Dude

Quote:
I've said all I can and want to say on the subject.
If anyone else wants to contribute, please feel free to do so.
I thought it was a valid observation, on a specific (easily overlooked) scenario.
I was just trying to help.
Old 22nd May 2007, 22:26   #69
listeruk

Just tried a clean install, and both without the updated pmp and with, I still get the 8002000a error.

ps: Winamp doesn't see the zen without the pmp_p4s.dll
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:33   #70
DBGARZA

@DJ Egg

I'll check that and I have no other 3rd party plug-ins except the ones of the essentials pack

Edit.

I found the culprit, it is the Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper 1.0 plug-in, I removed it and the winamp worked right with the rest of the essentials plug-ins installed.
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:24   #71
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm, strange...
Old 23rd May 2007, 16:06   #72
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@listeruk

Could you please confirm whether this fixes the "Error in Insert: 8000200a"

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....96#post2189096
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:40   #73
listeruk

Confirmed - cheers!
Old 24th May 2007, 01:04   #74
DBGARZA

Quote:
Hmm, strange...
Yeah, it sure is strange, guess that plug in doesn't works well with all the systems or soundcards, who knows?

At least the problem in my side got fixed by removing it
Old 24th May 2007, 19:19   #75
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

New pmp_p4s.dll available again, which now also fixes "Error in Insert: 8002000a"
(in addition to the previously supplied "45001" fix):
http://stashbox.org/21655/Winamp535_Update_Pack.exe

First post updated accordingly
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=270944#update

Note, if you aren't seeing the "Error in Insert" error message on transfer/sync, or if you don't have any PlaysForSure devices and/or don't use pmp_p4s.dll, then you also don't need to install this update.
Old 25th May 2007, 15:13   #76
devils night

Quote:
And Vista?! You've got to be joking: $300 for an OS that *requires* a 2.5GHz+ Dual Core processor, 1GB RAM, 25GB HD space to install and a $200 graphics adapter JUST TO RUN can't possibly be good for anyone but Wintel... and there are so many pieces of hardware that -don't- work!!! [/B]
Umm for the record i have vista running smoothly under a P4 2.0 GhZ with 630MB (roughly) of ram. don't have aero interface working though cause this is my test box and only has a blazing fast S3 trio64 video card . Either way i have no reason to upgrade to vista XP is rock solid for me. But with 98SE to 2k or XP definetly glad to get an OS that is NT base and not the blue screening WIN9x OS'es like 98SE

Proud Winamp user since 1997
(Winamp 1.006)
devils night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 16:49   #77
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by DBGARZA
I found the culprit, it is the Nullsoft Waveform Wrapper 1.0 plug-in, I removed it and the winamp worked right with the rest of the essentials plug-ins installed.
well that's strange indeed since i can't see how a input plugin would cause that sort of issue since they don't respond to those sort of actions (unless winamp's somehow asking it to query something else and it doesn't like it and goes into a loop). will see if i can repro anything but it's never been something to show up in the months that i've had it in a number of my test installs over different machines

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 00:15   #78
hizsolt

To jmsallo's "NOT HAPPY WITH 5.35!" and the WIN98SE "problem":

I've simply overwritten the in_cdda.dll of Winamp_535 with those of the Winamp_534 (version: 3.32). So, using also WIN98SE nothing is wrong with CD playback, CDDB access and ripping - only the burning function fails as before.

Not a sophisticated method, but it works, at least till an other stucture-change arrives in ml.

P.S. Nice to read jmsallo's posts on preferring WIN98SE, I fully agree with them. My autoexec.bat copies the content of a dir. (containing e.g. system dat, user.dat. sys.ini, win.ini, taking care for attributes) to the win. dir. at every restart - so I always have a Windows what I saved before. In this aspect stability is worth more than flexibility.

Try the same,
Best Wishes - and sorry for the late post
hizsolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 08:11   #79
DBGARZA

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
well that's strange indeed since i can't see how a input plugin would cause that sort of issue since they don't respond to those sort of actions (unless winamp's somehow asking it to query something else and it doesn't like it and goes into a loop). will see if i can repro anything but it's never been something to show up in the months that i've had it in a number of my test installs over different machines

-daz
Yeah it sure is really strange, I mean I never knew it was doing that to me till I accidentally clicked on new in the playlist menu options on the bottom right button on the playlist editor and Winamp freezed and remained with a 50% of CPU use, well at least it didn't used all of the CPU

Still I agree with you, I'm not even modified any settings on that input plug-in, I just installed the essentials pack and didn't modified anything on the installed plug-ins of the pack

Then again each computer is so different, for example my Winamp works fine for a while say an hour or two some times more but then all of sudden it shows that memory could not be "written" or "read" error and I have to close it, or if I leave it paused for a while it does that error too, or another error is that after a time of having the winamp open and I double click on a song in my list winamp it doesn't plays it, it just simply remains there without play it till I close and open it again.

But me I got used that already
Old 28th May 2007, 00:12   #80
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
Don't know if I am imagining things or if this has been going on, but my mp3s have been "skipping" when I browse the web. I don't believe this use to happen with 5.34.
cyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion