• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juanus
    Major Dude
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kn0tte
    And DJ Egg said that a discussion is no longer needed..

So, let the DEVs do and handle this in their way
    Where is Kn0tte and what have you done with him?

Comment

• Algalord
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DJ Egg
      @Algalord
      You would need to attach your zipped HijackThis and "List of Plugins" logs (see first post in thread for details), plus maybe also the last full system scan log from your antispyware app.
      Hi, DJ Egg!!
      Thanks for your attention!!

I know the relevance of it but I wouldn't bother posting HijackThis logs or list of plug-ins since I've already made tests on pre-formated machines with only Winamp and Spyware app installed and had exactly the same problem...

Maybe the DEVs could try to reproduce this "issue"...
      I'm sure you'd be able to do this...

Just watch the CPU usage of Winamp while it's playing and then activate the real-time protection of any of the AntiSpyware programs I've mentioned above to see what happens...

Maybe it could be related to the way Winamp use to access/manipulate files in disk...

Again, thanks for your attention!!

Comment

• Nunzio390
        Nugatory Aluminator
        Look it up

• Oct 2002

Algalord...

I get anywhere from 0% to 2% CPU usage with only Winamp running, and 0% to 6% (max) with Winamp when both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware are actively running/scanning. That's the same as you initially reported, but it's always that way for me (and the majority of users), with or without anti-spyware software running. Admittedly though, my CPU usage peaked to 8% with both anti-spyware apps running, but just once, momentarily.

Egg never asks for the required logs unless he suspects they will reveal something. In your case, what the cause of your higher CPU usage is actually being caused by. The fact that you've already tested it on pre-formated machines with only Winamp and one Spyware app installed is not conclusive.

So, if you truly want Egg to help you, you will post the required logs.
        If not... well, that's your decision!
        Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
        [ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
        [ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]

Comment

• TheUniqueTiger
          • Mar 2006

@ Kn0tte & DJ Egg,
          I see the bug is not a major one, so even I won't dwell on it. A simple solution is to attach the ML window to the Main window. The main window gets the focus, and whatever is attached to it is considered to be the same window and shown above others. I think you have other windows like PL attached to the main window which gets the focus over ML for the same reason.
          You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
          My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB

Comment

• Nunzio390
            Nugatory Aluminator
            Look it up

• Oct 2002

Algalord...

OK. It appears as if you will not post any logs. The same was asked of you by Egg 6 months ago and you did not post the logs he asked for then either.

Since you will not post any logs, then all anyone can be expected to do is speculate, and suspect that any of the 3 applications you mentioned, including Webroot Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor and SUPERAntiSpyware is/are to blame.

Why don't you try disabling or uninstalling one or more of them, to isolate the culprit? I will not install any of them to even test, due to my only having faith in those that I use, and no others. But as I said, there is no appreciable Winamp CPU usage on my end when both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware are actively running/scanning.

Ya know, there was a problem 6 months ago with Webroot. Perhaps that is the culprit application today also. But again this is only conjecture, since you will not post the asked-for logs.

Good luck!
            Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
            [ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
            [ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]

Comment

• robdog2004
              Major Dude
              • Jan 2005

as nunzio says and what i read on yahoo (news) that ad-aware and spybot s&d are one of the top rated free spyware scanners/preventers i personnally use them myself along with the spyware/virus/firewall service from zonealarm extreme security suite (beta version 7.4.006) i can suggest using these products as i have had no problems with viruses except the one in my forum history as for spyware havent had any since my old computer wich used norton antivirus
              thanks rob
              (c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

Comment

• TheUniqueTiger
                • Mar 2006

Here's one bug I found out... When starting Winamp, it shows full CPU usage, the UI is stuck and finally after about 60-80 seconds, the UI shows up normally. Didn't have this problem with 5.531, with the same ~2700 items in playlist and ~4000 items in ML. Using Bento skin. However it does not happen each time I open Winamp.
                You have only One Life... So before You are History, make sure you get into History books. - TheUniqueTiger
                My personal website, HiFiBB ... Simply Hifi!, HiFiBB

Comment

• Bilbo9955
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nunzio390
                  Algalord...
                  Since you will not post any logs, then all anyone can be expected to do is speculate, and suspect that any of the 3 applications you mentioned, including Webroot Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor and SUPERAntiSpyware is/are to blame.
                  FYI Webroot, while highly rated, is a known CPU hog. Also, the latest versions of Webroot come with their own anti-virus software which is automaticly enabled. If you have another anti-virus program running, one of them must be disabled or you will have problems. You should never run two anti-virus programs at the same time.

Comment

• alimpro1
                    • Apr 2008

Is this bug fixed?!
                    "Automatically remove dead link in ML."

Comment

• Algalord
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Nunzio390
                      Algalord...

OK. It appears as if you will not post any logs. The same was asked of you by Egg 6 months ago and you did not post the logs he asked for then either.

Why don't you try disabling or uninstalling one or more of them, to isolate the culprit? I will not install any of them to even test, due to my only having faith in those that I use, and no others. But as I said, there is no appreciable Winamp CPU usage on my end when both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware are actively running/scanning.

Ya know, there was a problem 6 months ago with Webroot. Perhaps that is the culprit application today also. But again this is only conjecture, since you will not post the asked-for logs.

Good luck!
                      Hi, Nunzio!!

Thanks for your posts and sorry for the delay on answer...
                      By the time of that thread (6 months ago), I stopped using Webroot SpySweeper's real-time protection just because of the issue with Winamp (yeah, Winamp first! \o/)...
                      Actually, since then I don't use any antispyware's real-time protection...
                      I just tried the other two for testing purposes...

I brought the case here because I thought it could be of any relevance for the DEV team, since it's a Beta discussion and the more information the better...
                      Nowadays I use AntiSpywares just for scanning regularly and don't keep any running in the background...

Finally, don't get me wrong about the logs...
                      Since I know all of you here have more important things to care about, I just wanted to spare you from analysing logs that I knew wouldn't be of any help...

Again, thanks for your attention!!
                      And I'm looking forward to put my hands on the final 5.54 version!!

Regards!!

Comment

• Pidgeot
                        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Koopatrooper
                        I was happy, that the dates in the library were localized, because I have trouble to read the American format. It's complicated, if you've learned the other, non ISO standard version for many years.
                        (I'm deliberately ignoring separators here, as I'm just clarifying this whole ordering business.)

Y/M/D is not American at all, that would be M/D/Y. Y/M/D is the least ambiguous format (since there's no such thing as Y/D/M), and it's actually an "official" date format in all of Europe (well, EU to be exact). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format.

Having said that, I doubt many people even bother to read that date at all.

Comment

• Koopatrooper
                          16-Bit Moderator
                          • Apr 2004

Little endian forms, starting with the day This sequence is common to the vast majority of the world's countries (see below for breakdown of countries by format).
                          From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format#Date_format

Nevermind, the date format will be changeable in an upcoming release via the language files. Then hopefully people stop bugging me.
                          My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
                          German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
                          Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• Daedala
                            • Mar 2007

These are my observations I just noticed.

First of all I like that unicode is now properly displayed in the portables tree (in my case 3g iPod nano).

But, the add comment field under <Output File Settings> in <CD Ripping> still does not show unicode characters(in this case Japanese), they are still shown as "?".
                            The "&" character is not properly displayed in the send to menu for playlists.

And finally, is it possible to remove the new info and search buttons from the Bento Windowshade mode?
                            They can only be hidden by resizing, but that hides the visualization first.

Comment

• walker1973
                              • Jul 2008

I Tested it Works good and stable there are only one reason...
                              I'am using WinXP Pro SP3 (X86) Creative Soundblaster Audigy Gamer with 5.1 Channel Soundsystem.
                              I Play a MP3 or Listening to a STREAM of any Shoutcast the Rear Speakers are still any other Programs like Trillian games play on it reinstall Winamp 5.531 the Rear Speakers run then i Install Winamp 5.54 Beta the Rear Speakers again Still...
                              Same Settings can you check this where the Problem is ?
                              And one Question from my Side i has Tested LAME 3.86 Final with Winamp 5.531 and 5.54 Beta it Works with both great do you integrate it in the final version of 5.54 ?
                              best regards walker

Comment

• Sawg
                                Forum King
                                • Jun 2000

Lost me a little. But Winamp doesn't mute other sounds when playing, never has. So you will hear other sounds from Trillian and the such.

And since you have an Audigy. Preferences > Playback > Playback tab > uncheck "Allow 24bit"
                                | Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!

Comment

Working...
                                X