Old 12th October 2007, 21:01   #1
pissedoff666

installing version 5.5 rearranged the icons on my desktop

I cannot tell you how pissed off I am. F**K YOU, developer that wrote that S**T.

Needless to say I'm uninstalling and never trying this crap again.
pissedoff666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 21:08   #2
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
You can move your icons back.

But the issue has been fixed for the next release.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 21:09   #3
JonnyMac

Clam down.

Known issue and has been fixed internally. See the know bugs thread.

[edit] blah, a little late | hello Sawg
[edit2] fixed link

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007, 18:46   #4
wasteoftime

That problem happened twice. First on the 12th, and then yesterday when I redownloaded Winamp, this time in the Pro version, uninstalled the free version, cleaning up the registry, and then installed 5.5Pro. Everything looked cool until i register, and, then, as a thank you, my icons were rearranged. This this internal stuff never made it to the public, AFAIK.
Is it annoying? Yes, it is. I have the desktop full of icons, with music to the left, folders on top, and browser at the bottom. I took me a good half hour to get everything back in order.
wasteoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 12:10   #5
CrapInABasket

This happened to me too (win xp x64, winamp modern skin).
This is a complete drag, it's gonna take me a while to sort out my desktop.
Why is this version still available for download? Leaving this up does nothing for the confidence of users.
I'll think twice before updating again - I certainly wouldn't have if I'd known.
CrapInABasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 13:27   #6
FaeGiN

Why don't you people stop being such morons and, if icons on the desktop are so important to you, as they are to me, then get a bloody program that will save them for you when you have them set up the way you like them!!
Iconsort is freeware and you just click to save icon positions to a file...then nomatter what happens you just restore them. I hardly think it warrants getting so angry at the winamp team.
Grrr.

Fae
FaeGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 18:10   #7
wasteoftime

Quote:
Originally posted by FaeGiN
Why don't you people stop being such morons and, if icons on the desktop are so important to you, as they are to me, then get a bloody program that will save them for you when you have them set up the way you like them!!
Iconsort is freeware and you just click to save icon positions to a file...then nomatter what happens you just restore them. I hardly think it warrants getting so angry at the winamp team.
Grrr.
I know that you are so smart, obviously. So, you are saying that the program you mention restores icon positions.
I never used a program which would rearrange my desktop icons. So, why should I have to look for such a program, which is not free? It costs $10 if I want to keep it over 30 days. It is Shareware, not a free program.
I am not angry at the developer's team, but, rather at know-it-alls like you.
http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?LinkId=10639 is a link to check on iconsort
wasteoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 17:01   #8
FaeGiN

Hmm Did I come across as some kind of smart ass?
Not my intention of course.
I must point out a couple of things though and bear in mind, I am doing this to help...honest!
It is ICONsort, not, as you sent me to 'ICOSort'.
So if you go to the site below you will find the great program I was recommending called ICONsort.
And yes there really are loads of freeware programs that restore desktop icons, believe me I tried a few before I found this gem.
You were angry at the developers team my friend :
'Everything looked cool until i register, and, then, as a thank you, my icons were rearranged. This this internal stuff never made it to the public, AFAIK.
Is it annoying? Yes, it is. I have the desktop full of icons, with music to the left, folders on top, and browser at the bottom. I took me a good half hour to get everything back in order.'

Looks like someone who is angry to me, taking it out on the people who bring you the best freeware program on the net: A completely brilliant media player, Winamp. and you go and get all crybaby about your icons.
that was why I got angry at you. I just think the developers deserve a little more respect than that.

I digress, obviously the main reason I returned was to offer you help and give you the URL to Iconsort so that you may never be taken advantage by such gung-ho software in the future.
Peace

Fae
Old 17th October 2007, 17:02   #9
FaeGiN

OOps I should have mentioned that the iconsort page is foreign and so it looks like the program might be too but it is in English. The actual page which I forgot to give you is...
http://www.ds-studios.com.ar/?page_id=3
Hmm apparently due to my not having many posts in this forum any links I post are hidden but I just read that all you need to do if you want to read the URL is press the QUOTE button n my post and it shows what I wrote...
Strange.

Fae
Old 18th October 2007, 02:23   #10
berler

OMG WINAMP FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU!

Today when I opened winamp, a window popped up and TOLD me that I should update, so I did. Little did I know, that it would FUCK my desktop.

For all of you saying "oh this is not a big deal" you are IDIOTS. Try sorting icons through 2 monitors and have everything catagorized just the way you want it, then get an hour of your work destroyed just for clicking a fucking update button.

If there are KNOWN bugs in a newer release, YOU SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES tell the users that they SHOULD upgrade. ITS FUCKING INCONSIDERATE.
berler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 02:29   #11
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Then no program would ever be released, EVER. I guess we would all be back on DOS 5.0. Icons are moved, its not the end of the world. (And if you have more then a few icons on your desktop, learn some organization skills).

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 08:42   #12
FaeGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by berler
OMG WINAMP FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU!

Today when I opened winamp, a window popped up and TOLD me that I should update, so I did. Little did I know, that it would FUCK my desktop.

For all of you saying "oh this is not a big deal" you are IDIOTS. Try sorting icons through 2 monitors and have everything catagorized just the way you want it, then get an hour of your work destroyed just for clicking a fucking update button.

If there are KNOWN bugs in a newer release, YOU SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES tell the users that they SHOULD upgrade. ITS FUCKING INCONSIDERATE.

See what I was saying?
Absolute morons are everywhere.

Fae
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support