Old 19th January 2011, 10:51   #1
djfonplaz

Delete duplicate from playlist editor

Hi to everybody.

Is there any chance to delete duplicate from the playlist editor? I know there's "remove deleted/moved files", but i don't see nothing about "remove duplicate".

Let me know, and thanks
djfonplaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 11:31   #2
JonnyMac

Winamp does have an Remove Duplicate Entries function in the main playlist editor. It is available via the the Jump to File Extra plug-in. To use it, click the Remove button select Remove (REM MiSC in classic skins) and Remove Duplicate Entries should be one of the menu items. JTFE is part of the default Winamp install. If you don't have it, you can separately download the JTFE plug-in by going here.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 13:43   #3
djfonplaz

I have that plugins installed on my winamp, but i can't see that menu

http://img220.imageshack.us/f/winampv.jpg/

Why? Maybe because this is the italian version? Dunno...
Old 19th January 2011, 13:54   #4
DrO

it doesn't support media library playlists, only in the main playlist editor. maybe one day i'll add in support for media library playlists (though no guarantee).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 14:48   #5
djfonplaz

Ah ok! Sorry i always make confusion between playlist editor/media library/current playlist
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:42   #6
djfonplaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it doesn't support media library playlists, only in the main playlist editor. maybe one day i'll add in support for media library playlists (though no guarantee).

-daz
News about this feature? Would be nice...
Old 24th June 2012, 21:43   #7
DrO

this is the only update i have about such things (as per my site news) since the remove duplicates comes from the JTFE plug-in and that's what i develop in my own time...
Quote:
All plug-ins are now on development hiatus as i just do not have the time to work on them as work comes first and my freetime priorities have changed which means self-less plug-in development is at the bottom of the list. I've never done this as something to earn money (if i had i'd have starved by now) but i did it for the enjoyment and that is no longer something which i'm getting out of plug-in development when all i get now is complaints and bug reports for things which are unrelated or i'm unable to fix in a reasonable time.

There may still be the odd plug-in update but i'm no longer formally developing Winamp plug-ins for the forseeable future.
-daz
Old 25th June 2012, 08:23   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi DrO,

Change is inevitable. It is truly unfortunate for some of us that time and the arrogant and uncaring have killed your joy in doing stuff that needed doing. I appreciate the dozens of known and unknown things you have provided over the years. Thank you. I do believe your WA contributions sprang from your hard gained knowledge and your ability to care and not for material reasons. No single person will be able to replace you.

While I hope to continue to learn from your insights here in the forums, live long and prosper in whatever you chose to do from here on.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 14:28   #9
djfonplaz

so is it possible now? I don't have understand, maybe
Old 26th June 2012, 14:41   #10
DrO

is what i quoted really so hard to understand? it means it pretty much is never going to happen.

[edit]
removed frustrated start to reply.
Old 26th June 2012, 14:42   #11
djfonplaz

Yeah, if you are not english could be hard! Ok, thank you! Sorry!
Old 26th June 2012, 16:00   #12
DrO

Aminifu: i'm not going away and it can be seen i've done the same thing in the past and then came back to doing plug-ins.

i've put that message up and done things like removing all site and donation links from my signature so i'm not openly making it look like i can whizz off a load of plug-ins for people to never reply back to me about what has been done (too many plug-ins we born out of that).

and it doesn't seem right to promote something that i'm not in a position to do in the manner i would like to (i guess this is one of my main concerns about work and hobby merging that seems to have come to fruition).

i would love to be doing new plug-ins or features in them (like to try and do something to in******te Winamp usability or something like that) but after a full week's work, i just don't want to do 'fun' coding which is what the plug-ins always came about from. and the position i was in 9years ago when i started on plug-ins is totally different to where i am now.

maybe it won't be as long as a haitus as i thought it is likely to be when i made that news post (especially as all of the negative Winamp is dead posts / news floating about has pissed me off to want to do something about it, but what i don't know).

either way, i'm still around, it's just me trying to be honest against what people seem to expect and what is actually possible to be done.

-daz
Old 26th June 2012, 16:43   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
i've put that message up and done things like removing all site and donation links from my signature so i'm not openly making it look like i can whizz off a load of plug-ins for people to never reply back to me about what has been done (too many plug-ins we born out of that).
Ok, I understand. Like that guy in February, who got you to update your Album Art plug-in and even send him a test version and he never replied back. That pissed me off!

There are 2 or 3 things that I brought up that you quickly fixed and said they would be in the next version. I have not checked them yet. TBH, I don't remember them all, but I'll search them out, check, and let you know if there are any further issues (which I don't expect).

Quote:
either way, i'm still around, it's just me trying to be honest against what people seem to expect and what is actually possible to be done.

-daz
Good to hear. Your mood over the last few weeks was starting to get me down.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support