Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 4th December 2013, 21:50   #1
e-j

[SHOUTcast DNAS v2.2.1 build 109] Overriding 'content-type' in HTTP response header?

Based on what I've gathered from various sources, including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_Audio, AAC-LC is now supported across the latest major browsers (at least on Windows). Using the .MP4 container is also recommended on the MDN. When streaming from the DSP in AAC-LC to DNAS, the "content-type" in the HTTP header response (incorrectly) returns "audio/aacp" which breaks the audio element on the browsers I've tested.

Here's the console output from Firefox 25:
code:

"HTTP "Content-Type" of "audio/aacp" is not supported. Load of media resource http://ip.fm:8000/stream.mp4 failed."

IE 9+ and Chrome also return similar MIME type errors. Specifying a type inside the <audio> element (type="audio/mp4" or type="audio/aac") has no effect. I'm thinking that the ability to change the content-type response to audio/mp4, m4a or aac would be a step in right direction; Is there anyway to override the detected MIME type for a DNAS stream?
e-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 22:00   #2
DrO

there isn't and it wouldn't be correct to do so either as currently the DNAS will only provide adts-aac as that's what's spec'd for AAC based SHOUTcast streams i.e. it's not in an mp4 container. also it's using what is provided by the source software being used and if the DNAS cannot work it out, it just assumes audio/mpeg anyway.

it's something that has been briefly looked into i.e. allowing the DNAS to auto-convert the adts-aac stream into an mp4 container on the fly or doing it as an option in the source software (if updated to do so) but not much progressed on that side of things.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support