Old 24th December 2004, 11:22   #521
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Ironically, it's actually 3 from the bottom of the queue, as we see the queue in reverse. Every time you delete and re-submit, it goes to the end of the queue.
Old 24th December 2004, 11:30   #522
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

hahaha, I never knew that, and here was me always reviewing from the top down
Old 10th February 2005, 23:23   #523
Panther37

Send a message via ICQ to Panther37 Send a message via AIM to Panther37 Send a message via Yahoo to Panther37
Skin Disapeared! ( IT-83amp_version_one CID 3325 )

I had an old skin (1999-2000) in your system. I was checking up on it and I noticed that the screen shots really sucked for it. It looked like a beta version or something. I also noticed that I could upluad my own screen shots so I tried to do that. I was having issues with the size of the large screen shot but I eventually figured it out. The skin went from published to unpublished (no big deal.) But now when I look, it's no where in my profile. The other skin, Equalize ( 144219 ) is still there waiting to be published but TI-83amp_version_one is gone. I was hoping that maybe it could be found and put back up. If it help I have this link: http://www.geocities.com/pantha_37/winamp/TI-83amp/ that has pictured of the skin. I hope this post is in the right place. I moderate a section on mx6.com and I know how annoying it can be to "post wrong." Also, can I volunteer to review skins?
Old 11th February 2005, 07:26   #524
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Is it complete?, are the video and gen windows skinned?

Don't have winamp or any method of unzipping the skin here at the minute.

I'll have a check later, but if it's missing those windows then it won't be published until everythings done.

Ask if you need help in skinning those areas.
Old 11th February 2005, 09:18   #525
Panther37

Send a message via ICQ to Panther37 Send a message via AIM to Panther37 Send a message via Yahoo to Panther37
I can skin them, it's just they weren't there in 1999 (no, the video and gen skins aren't there.) They are not included currently. I just don't see why the skin would just suddenly dissapear like that though. I tryed to resebmit the skin and it said a skin with the same name is in existance.
Old 11th February 2005, 09:53   #526
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

We've had a lot, and when I say a lot I mean A LOT, of database problems over the years.

Your skin dosn't show as being unpublished, nor dose it show any signs of actually being published, good eh

If you wanted my advice, I'd skin the missing couple of windows, re-submit it under a different name, call it TI-83amp v1 or something, that'll get you around the problem of the component name being duplicated in the database.

What I will do however, is try and re-publish your existing skin, I'll do that now, see if it shows up in your user profile in about an hour or so, if it does you should then be able to go and edit that submission, if it dosn't then follow the steps above and resubmit it as a v1/v2 or whatever

/ok, i've republished it, see if it shows up in about an hour or so...
Old 11th February 2005, 11:46   #527
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ok, it's back up on the site, it should hopefully now also be visable in your user profile.

http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=3325

You should now be able to edit it and add in any missing windows, submit new screenshots etc.
Old 11th February 2005, 12:42   #528
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Incidentally, I believe that skin did get resubmitted, as I recall rejecting it for not having video or gen windows. That was before hearing the story, of course.
Old 12th February 2005, 05:39   #529
Panther37

Thanks guys, I see it up there. I'll add ALL the skins needed for it to be complete and update it. I'm so glad you do that now. I have so many skins that are just the main window and nothing else form years ago.
Old 17th February 2005, 23:16   #530
Panther37

I just went to update my skin and now none of my skins are there anymore. Where did they go? I can search and find TI-83amp_version_one but its not under my profile.
Old 18th February 2005, 10:16   #531
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Well, hmmm, it's still live on the site so there isn't any reason why it shouldn't be in your profile for updating, might be a site glitch.

If you still can't see it by the time you read this let me know and we'll try work something out.
Old 18th February 2005, 18:58   #532
Panther37

I found out I have 2 accounts, All my stuff is under panther37@datapimp.org . I have another account under panther37@noremedy.com . My password for panther37@datapimp.org is broken. It is a forwarding address that I can't change anymore that forwards to an email I don't have anymore. So I can't get the email. If you send mail to it, the mail host @ datapimp will say that pantha37@comcast.net isn't a valid email anymore. I send an email to support@winamp.com but they haven't responded yet.
Old 18th February 2005, 20:21   #533
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Might be a long wait getting anything from that email address, you might be quicker opening a new account and submitting your skin as a new submission, we can then remove the old one. Sadly we don't have any access to user details any longer like we used to do otherwise we could have probably fixed this right up for you.

Beauty of that is it'll also get a little front page exposure as well instead of going back into the database where it is already.

'sup to you, let me know what you decide to do so we can deal with your original submission
Old 28th March 2005, 07:26   #534
jheriko
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to jheriko
Not sure if this is appropriate here, but seemed like best place to post. I have submitted AVS packs to Winamp over the past couple of years... they've suddenly gone missing but when I try to resubmit it tells me that a plugin with that name is already in the database.

Heres what I've already done.

I've searched the database for my plugins... I get 0 results.

I've searched manually back to 2002... I couldn't find any of them.

Downloaded and prepared files from alternate location.

I attempted to resubmit, which resulted in the 'duplicate name' type error.

I read through FAQ until I got here.

I have submitted one other pack just today... that is unrelated... apologies in advance if it causes any confusion.

I have all of the data etc to resubmit (am guessing its a db error or something) but would like to have any of the comments, ratings or d/l counts from the original submissions if possible... even better would be if they could be totally restored.

I don't have their CIDs as I can not see them but the titles were:

Jheriko - RePack 1
Jheriko - Pack II
Jheriko - Pack III
Jheriko - Pack IV
Jheriko - Pack V
Jheriko - Purely Platonic Minipack
Jheriko - Pack VI
Jheriko - J7
Jheriko - Pack VIII
Jheriko - Winamp.com Exclusive Minipack
Jheriko - Pack 9

Some of the older ones may have had longer names... but I can't remember exactly how I submitted them... I'm sure I kept it simple similar to the above.

Feel free to be insulting if I missed the obvious somewhere down the line... otherwise I'll never learn.

Thanks in advance.

-- Jheriko

'Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers'
Old 28th March 2005, 10:41   #535
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

PHP Code:
(WA3 ComponentJheriko RePack 1 v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack II v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack VI v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko J7 v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack III v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack IV v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack V v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Purely Platonic Minipack v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack VIII v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Winamp Exclusive Minipack v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
(
WA3 ComponentJheriko Pack 9 v0 [Select Skin/Plugin
I found this list in the review database. What is significant here is the "WA3" notation. These were all submitted as Winamp3 components. They would all have to be re-submitted now because the Winamp3 database is gone, I don't know where, but it's gone.
You'd have to use a slightly different name though.
Old 28th March 2005, 16:19   #536
jheriko
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to jheriko
Thanks for the prompt response.

-- Jheriko

'Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers'
Old 18th June 2005, 15:43   #537
gbr

My skin BasicAmp2 was rejected because "You did not submit a complete skin. Please skin all main windows then
resubmit.

In Regards to Component: BasicAmp2(145362)" .

I know that it is a complete skin see : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=218640

What do I do now ?
Old 18th June 2005, 17:15   #538
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Answered in the original thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....70#post1704470

Re-submit and all should be ok.
Old 4th August 2005, 01:13   #539
leechbite
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to leechbite
"very good idea, but it does seem to need some work yet. For some
reason the windows do not stay maximized.

In Regards to Component: mMonkey(145735)"

cant see whats wrong. could anybody explain further. thank you in advance.
Old 4th August 2005, 02:12   #540
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

You'd better put a link here, or better, use the modern skin forum. nobody will be able to download it with out a link.
Old 5th August 2005, 01:25   #541
leechbite
Major Dude

the forum skin version:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....03#post1737903

thats the original version.

the one i submitted is slightly modified:http://www.leechbite.com/projects/mMonkey/mMonkey.wal

it was rejected for windows not staying maximized. i dont know what that means. compID: 145735

ty

Old 5th August 2005, 01:48   #542
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Played a bit with both of them. Submitted version did not work at first, (same problem as before), tried forum version. That one worked but I could not get the main, switched to the submitted version again, same now as the other one, no main.

Shut Winamp down, deleted studio.xnf, restarted, skins work now.

Please re-submit.
Old 11th August 2005, 03:40   #543
leechbite
Major Dude

resubmitted and published. thanks.
Old 3rd September 2005, 19:51   #544
jcaliff42

I received an email this morning with the subject: "Your component submission was rejected"

Quote:
You did not submit a complete skin. Please skin all main windows then resubmit.

In Regards to Component: MAVO(35078)
This skin was submitted in early 2001, and included every window that was part of Winamp at the time, including main, playlist, equilizer, minibrowser, and the visualization window. Why is it suddenly considered incomplete over four years later? It's just as complete as my other two skins that are still on the site. I also notice that two of my photograph-based skins (the only two that I own full rights to, since the photos were taken by me!) have since been removed without notice. The mavo skin was really the only semi-popular skin I ever made, and I think it's a shame to have it removed. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2005, 20:06   #545
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Quote:
Originally posted by jcaliff42
Why is it suddenly considered incomplete over four years later?
Important message regarding incomplete classic skins

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
Old 3rd September 2005, 21:17   #546
jcaliff42

It still doesn't explain why my skin was removed intead of just put in the "incomplete" catagory. I read the thread just now. That thread was created in March. It's now September. I was never sent any notice, automated or otherwise, that my old skins needed any kind of revision.

I think it's unfair to expect people who made skins in years past to update these things without notice and then simply delete them when they aren't updated. My psychic crystal ball doesn't work very well, though obviously my emial address works, or I wouldn't have received the email telling me my skin was rejected. Why wasn't I sent an email back in March that said "Your skins are incompatible with the latest version of Winamp. If you want them to remain on the site, please update them according to the following guidelines" with a link to the appropriate files? In fact, the email made it sound like I had just created the thing and tried to submit it today.

I refused to download the new versions of Winamp (I still use Winamp 2.7) - I've never seen any reason to download it since the old version works just fine for me. I think that the abrupt removal of old "incomplete" skins (which are not so much incompelete as they are simply not up to standard for the new player) is extremely rude and a slap in the face to the people who spent a lot of time and effort to make them. I've got all my skins backed up on my website, so if you want to remove them from winamp.com, fine. The only thing you're doing is depriving others of the opportunity to download fun skins that they otherwise wouldn't get a chance to use. I'm sick with chickenpox right now (and I'm 31 years old!) and I don't have the energy to start revising skins.
Old 3rd September 2005, 23:27   #547
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people will be using an up to date version of Winamp, and they are the ones that are/will be complaining about skins like yours that are not up to date. I'm afraid they prefer fully skinned versions.

If you decide to update your skins in the future, let us know, and we will revive your old submission so you can upload the updated version.

It is very interesting that there are some people proclaiming to have the best skin on the site, but they don't care enough about those skins to update them (which really does not take very long). Yet, when those skins are removed, they all in a sudden care enough to register on the forum to file a complaint. Where where you when Winamp was updated, and why didn't you update your skins if they where that important to you?

And I am truly sorry you did not get your notice, but they are automatically send when a skin is republished. Your skin was in the "Incomplete" category, placed there by myself, and at that time you should have received a notice your skin was republished. You maybe did not get it, or maybe even ignored it, but I can't help that.
I am not going to make sure everybody who ever published a skin reads all the notices they get in their e-mail, neither am I sending notices in case the automated system does not work properly, which does happen at times.
Old 5th October 2005, 11:32   #548
cyberflotsam

I received an email this morning..

> You did not submit a complete skin. Please skin all main windows then resubmit.
>
> In Regards to Component: CyberFlotsam(54199)
>

This refers to a skin which I sucessfully submitted years ago, and which I know plenty of people have downloaded.

Why the rejection now?
Old 5th October 2005, 14:32   #549
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
Hey, whaddaya know, your question has been answered already in this very thread.

Old 5th October 2005, 15:21   #550
cyberflotsam

But the reason I'm confused is that the email says "you did not skin all main windows"
The skin did skin all the main windows.
Old 5th October 2005, 15:40   #551
DrO

it didn't according to the 5.x skinning specs since the video window and general purpose frames (as used by the media library) are falling back to the default base skin. so you need to get them done and then re-submit once done.. ref

-daz
Old 7th October 2005, 08:59   #552
cyberflotsam

I'm probably showing my ignorance here. I did this skin for WinAmp 2 which did not have Video or General Puspose frames. I was under the impression that a skin designted as "classic" was one that worked with WinAmp2, rather than later versions.
It would be helpful if the notification email gave a bit more info rather than just "your skin has been rejected".
Old 7th October 2005, 09:13   #553
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Classic skins work with Winamp5, there is no such product as Winamp2 anylonger, it hasn't been actively called that for over 2 years now.

Winamp5 in classic mode has video support, has media library/ general purpose windows.

These windows were introduced in winamp2.91, the last 2.x release before the change to Winamp5
http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp/sk...c/winamp29.php
Old 20th October 2005, 15:14   #554
Wildfire

Incomplete skin

My skin Zelda Amp UK V2 (Id: 67041) ia apparently incomplete, I remember skinning All 3 main windows and the Mini-Browser, The video window was'nt added at the version when I submitted, I think first half of 2001. Besides it was the second most popular classic Zelda skin on winamp.
Old 20th October 2005, 15:28   #555
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
You're not alone.

Old 23rd October 2005, 06:11   #556
Aspect of Shade

I Would Have Liked....

This morning I was greated by nearly a dozen " Your component submission was rejected" E-mails in my junk e-mail account I use to sign up for things, and to my great dismay I search winamp for the handle I used too use here and find that all my skins have been deleted. Now I realize that it was pure folly on my part to only have these skins backed up here and I really got what was coming too me. It's also completely understandable that you all, as a company or whatever you consider yourself now, would want to clean out your database.

I would have really apriciated an e-mail warning about it first though, so I could get a backup of what represents over a year of work on my part. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 23rd October 2005, 10:52   #557
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

If you know the names of your skins, I can retrieve them for you.
Old 24th October 2005, 19:20   #558
Aspect of Shade

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandpa Wally
That's very kind of you.

XS Shion(109867)
The Color of Violence(109172)
Xenosaga Blue Love(104422)
Zohar IEM(82596)
The Color I Hate(72515)
Children in Darknes Shinji(70317)
Grass Man(113270)
Leto's Decepticon Amp(19242)
Darkest Amp(17679)
Children in Darkness Ist(27214)
AntiTitle AMP(17499)
Old 25th October 2005, 00:50   #559
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

@Aspect of Shade

Your skins have been temporarily re-published. If you are updating them, we'll be looking forward to the new versions. Otherwise, at least you can save them now somewhere.
Old 26th October 2005, 00:33   #560
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandpa Wally
If this is the case then you still have the skins, so why remove them from the site and keep them locked away? Surely the whole point of removing them would be to free up space, so what's the point in keeping them and removing them from winamp.com? Sounds stupid to me, kinda like the new development team, hey lets take winamp, a lightweight mp3 player, and try and turn into windows media player? Double the resources it requires and add 2 tonnes of crap 90% of users dont need! Great we'll call it winamp 5!

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Skin and Plug-in Rip Reporting for Removal