Winamp output plugins dsp-vst wrapper-coverter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dancejur
    • Sep 2011

Winamp output plugins dsp-vst wrapper-coverter?

Hi everyone,

First post here. Sory if it’s the wrong forum, but appeared Ok to me.

I wonder if anyone knows a plugin that can convert a winamp output plugin to a dsp, or vst or direct-x one. I want to process files through Volume Logic (which is an output plugin, not a dsp), but not through disk writer (bad for tags, etc.), and maybe use it also in another host. I know several dsp-vst or vst-dsp plugins out there, which come in very handy. Is even possible there would be one?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
  • Aminifu
    Forum King
    • Aug 2011

Hi,

I do not believe a converter plugin like you described exists. If you want to run more
    than one output or DSP plugin, there are various 'stacker' plugins available. They are
    not listed on the main site for legal reasons. Do a web search.

Also, getting old (3 years or more) plugins to work (especially on Win 7) with the
    current Winamp is hit or miss. Mostly miss. Read the help pages for the current
    version and you may find that many of the old plugins are no longer needed.
    Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Dancejur
      • Sep 2011

Thanks for your reply.

I thought there wouldn't be any. But, fortunatley for me, I came around Octimax, which is the predecessor of Volume Logic (same developer, creator of Breakaway Audio ), and is a DSP plugin

Comment

• MrSinatra
        Forum King
        • Dec 2004

link?
        PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
        --
        BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
        Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
        Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• Dancejur
          • Sep 2011

I just googled it and was redirected to the DSP plugins section of Winamp's website

Comment

• Aminifu
            Forum King
            • Aug 2011

Hi Dancejur,

Glad you found something that works for you. One part of the Octimax
            description says there is a 30 day trial period, another says about 15
            days. Which is it?

There are a number of good DSP plugins available to 'enhance' your music.
            I use iZotope Ozone (not free), many on this forum use Enhancer (free).
            Winamp v5.9.2.10042 - Quinto Black CT v4.1 skin
            Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Comment

• Dancejur
              • Sep 2011

I think it is 15 days trial.

Anyway, Volume Logic and Octimax, as well as Stereotool or Audioproc, are not really enhacers, but compressors - limiters, much like Orban or other FM processors. That's the catch: you can listen to your own music, ina rich and balanced fashion.

The problem is that Volume Logic, which turned out to be a lot better than Octimax, is a Winamp Output plugin, which I can't use in another host. For example (and I might be going out of bounds here), you can use Mixmeister to assemble a CD playlist, controlling at your taste the overlaping of each song with the one after, and balance all the music with the plugin. That is, if the plugin is DSP, VST or Direct-X, but not if it is Output plugin. So I thought there could be a converter but it seems not. Still looking, though, if anyone knows one.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X