Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

View Poll Results: How would you rate your racism?
Follower Of The KKK 3 4.76%
Strongly Racist 0 0%
Racist 4 6.35%
Mildly Racist 10 15.87%
Barely Racist 22 34.92%
Not Racist At All 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th July 2002, 11:36   #1
apollos
Forum King

Are You Racist?

Are you a person that has a strong hatred for certain groups, cultures, coloured people?

If so why?
This thread will be interesting to compare with the homophoebia thread.

apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 11:42   #2
patroclus22
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to patroclus22 Send a message via Yahoo to patroclus22
I'm not racist at all. The way I think of things: There are alot of people of all races that I'm in some way better than. There are alot of people of all races that are in some way better than me, so it all balances out.

Flypaper for the walking wounded since 1997
patroclus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 11:49   #3
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

im not racist

but i do think there are more immigrants than Danes that behave stupid, thus creating racism

But i don't judge people before i know how they are, regardless of people are yellow, black, white, brown or blue....so i don't think im racist
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 11:52   #4
Aero Zeppelin
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aero Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Aero Zeppelin
I'm not racist. Sometimes I make little jokes abooot Canadians but I don't mean to be offensive. See, one just slipped out.

Legalize It. Liberate It. Free The People of the United States. Free The Herbs Of The World!
Aero Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 11:56   #5
rm'
Banned

In a society such as ours, it's very unlikely for someone to openly admit to racism. Even the KKK justify their cause by attaching a political agenda to it. I think you will find that this poll will provide highly skewed results. Whether or not those results are accurate is another question.

I guess you could call me a culturalist. I think some cultures and civilizations are certainly superior to others. That doesn't mean , of course, to wipe out "inferior" cultures. The human family grew so strong because of diversity. Rather, I'd like to see a superset, in which the best parts of each cultures are melded.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 12:23   #6
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
I guess you could call me a culturalist. I think some cultures and civilizations are certainly superior to others. That doesn't mean , of course, to wipe out "inferior" cultures. The human family grew so strong because of diversity. Rather, I'd like to see a superset, in which the best parts of each cultures are melded.
Fair enough. I too feel that the polls will be innacurate due to some people afraid of admitting their racism. I dont feel that anybody is superior, i just feel that some societies have better and more efficient ways of dealing with certian issues
Old 30th July 2002, 12:34   #7
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Barely, its just I'm not keen on the french, comes from a trip when I was about 5 to euro Dysney. They where the single most abnoxious Hosts as far as hospitality was concerned, probably only that hotel but I still am a little suspitous of them.

irrational I know.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 12:37   #8
apollos
Forum King

Lol, bleddy French!

The French hate the English and the English hate the French

why??

[edit] I suppose baafie has a point. Everybody must have some sort of prejudice toward certain cultures. As I am sure, September 11th would have fueled this to some extent. I look down upon the suicide bombers of Israel for example. [/edit]

nobody is perfect
Hell, im faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar off being perfect
Old 30th July 2002, 12:38   #9
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Am I a racist? In the strict definition, no, I don't care what colour your skin is.

However, like Radioactive Man, I'm very much prejudiced towards certain cultures.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 12:50   #10
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Quote:
Originally posted by Inatlantis

The French hate the English and the English hate the French

why??

ingraned into the National cicyes (sombody of better spelling abillity tell me how it should be spelt)

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 12:58   #11
eleet-2k2
Forum King

I am kinda racist, but subconsiously not consiously if you know what I mean. So I put mildly racist, but i'm closer to barely racist.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 13:01   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I usually like to racist with this car:

ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 14:00   #13
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
Barely, its just I'm not keen on the french, comes from a trip when I was about 5 to euro Dysney. They where the single most abnoxious Hosts as far as hospitality was concerned, probably only that hotel but I still am a little suspitous of them.

irrational I know.
Is this also the reason why you hate your French teacher ?
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 14:02   #14
apollos
Forum King

And would it also have something to do with you not handing in your French homework and being sent out of the class?

Old 30th July 2002, 14:42   #15
Neko
Major Dude

Updates

O.o @ andy
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 14:55   #16
Montana
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Montana Send a message via AIM to Montana Send a message via Yahoo to Montana
i'm not racist at all, and i get really pissed off at racists & especially this right wave goin on in europe right now. i'm very concerned when parties that is antiimmigrant gets (some or full) power of the country (example: austria). this should stop now.

Quote:
originally by ertmann|CPH
but i do think there are more immigrants than Danes that behave stupid, thus creating racism
that is what Pia Kjærsgård her party tells you to think. if i ever meet that chick i will be forced to shut her up in a way or another

batman
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 17:27   #17
Jon Deaux
Major Dude

I might be a racist.
I have family members of several races.
I love em all, so I might not be a racist.
I think maybe "minority" people need to take some sensitivity training.
When you have blacks thinking you owe them something because you were born white, it's hard not to have racists thoughts.
When you see blacks rioting, and targeting white people for murderous assaults, it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
When you have "minority" areas of town where you may be robbed,raped, assaulted or killed because you are white, it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
When the major media does not report hate crimes by "minorities" but play up any such crimes by whites, it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
When "minorities" are free to use words like "redneck", "cracker", "honky", ect, but for some reason you are not supposed to say nigger, wop, beaner, hebe, ect. it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
When qualified white kids with good S.A.T. scores can't get into college because of set-asides which put unqualified low scoring minorities in the class instead, it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
When you see qualified hard working white people discriminated against in hiring because of "minority quotas" which always seem to put an unqualified person in the position, it's hard not to have racist thoughts.
Am I a racist?
My "minority" friends don't think so, but sometimes I do.

"Nothing really matters much to me"-Freddie Mercury
Jon Deaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 17:49   #18
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
nope...

but you do see the irony that the black panthers, jesse jacksons or the al sharptons portray. they didn't make one peep when several white people were beaten and lynched by white police. but when a black person was struck, they accuse the entire nation's police to being a racist militia.

some minority group leaders, or just the black panthers seek to seperate races to profit off of it. how else could someone like jackson pay support on all of his illegitimate children?
Aeroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 17:55   #19
freakypablo

Send a message via AIM to freakypablo
I think there's some assumption when a member of a minority is beaten or robbed that it was because they belong to that minority. I don't think it's all because of that. It CAN be, but not everyone in the world is wronged because they're part of a minority. Some are just because they have money.
freakypablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 17:56   #20
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
I put "barely racist" - I think it's hard to be completely non-racist. I strive to be non-racist though, and I dislike that I have preconceived notions, however slight, based on a person's skin color. That said, I have never treated anyone differently based on skin color.
By the way, perhaps the poll should be "are you bigoted", because I've heard (and correct me if I'm wrong) that to be racist, you have to be in some position of power, and some so-called repressed people claim they cannot be racist (however bigoted they are) because they are not in a position of power.
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 18:11   #21
dollerspark
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dollerspark
I am not racist. This follows the same idea I had in the homophobia thread, it's not their choice, it's simply something that happens, and it doesn't make them a bad person for it.

And I'm a little like rm. There are definately some cultures out there who do things or practice things that I don't agree with, and so I sometimes look down on them. I don't hate them, but I don't like what they are doing.

And Deaux brings up some interesting points, and I agree. A lot of times I get racist thoughts because of certain things happening like he mentioned. I don't see myself as racist, and when I get those thoughts, I know that they're wrong, but thoughts happen.

"We are fortunate: we are alive; we are powerful; the welfare of our civilization and our species is in our hands. If we do not speak for Earth, who will? If we are not committed to our own survival, who will be?" -Carl Sagan
dollerspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 18:15   #22
freakypablo

Send a message via AIM to freakypablo
I don't think you're racist, sawg.
freakypablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 18:25   #23
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Am I a racist?

::Checks off "Barley Racist"::

I have a few friends that are from different nationalities, from middle-eastern places, african-american, korean, but I don't normally hate on them unless I have a reason to. I do tend to steriotype a few people since 9/11 unless I'm fully sure, or get pissed off at certain people "just because". Otherwise, I'll love or hate a person for who they are. It doesn't matter if you're American or Arab, be an ass to me and I'll hate you. It's as simple as that. Other times, I'll just put down people like hippies wether they're an ass or not.
I'm a bit on the "err" side of things when it comes to racism though. Many people are offended by words like "fag" or the N word, but if that's the case, then how come fag is used freely in movies, and no one complains? "Redneck" is just as a stong of a word againt country-lived people, but that's used freely without complaint as well. Am I lost? You think I hate on one Canadian, I hate on them all? Sure, that could go under the label of "Terrorist", but anyone could be a terrorist, wether you're Australian or an Eskimo. It depends on who your asking.
Racism is stupid. You either hate someone or you don't. There's really no specific classification for "Fuck you".

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 18:44   #24
msteed_02

Send a message via AIM to msteed_02 Send a message via Yahoo to msteed_02
i am not racist at all... my sister's boyfriend is black... he's the coolest guy she's ever dated, so it's all good with me.

i think that most of the time racism springs out of ignorance... not necicarily being stupid, but just not knowing any better, and not having an open mind. Sometimes people take one bad experience and hate everyone of that race... that is just stupid in my opinion, but i've never had anything like that happen, so i dont know. i just stick with the idea that i like you until you give me reason not to... and life's good like that.

i think im done.
msteed_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 18:45   #25
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
I'm not racist. I hate everyone by default until they prove otherwise.

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 19:59   #26
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Inatlantis, I like everybody but British-born Greeks.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 21:00   #27
Schismx

Anyone who has answered 'Not Racist At All' is a liar. By default it is inherent of human nature to resent others. If you think you're not racist then you are the perfect human being. It's as simple as that. I answered 'mildly racist' because, although maybe not purposely, I do tend to hold some reservations about people who are different than me. It's just who I am, caused through a mixture of environment and nature.
Schismx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 21:12   #28
Aeroe
Major Dude

heh everyone's defense about not hating someone or some group always falls back on:

"i'm friends with so and so who's Black/Arab/Jewish and he's cool so i'm not racist/prejudice in any way."

i just wanted to rant...
Old 30th July 2002, 21:33   #29
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I love everyone. Even Xerxes.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 21:39   #30
Tac-Man

Send a message via AIM to Tac-Man
I'm racist against Apes

"Damn Dirty Apes!"
Tac-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 21:45   #31
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Im not racist at all, im glad i was brought up here in australia which is very multicultural.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 21:49   #32
rabidgoht

Location: Happily in love and struggling to get a good job{{florida sucks,,damn tourists...go home}}
Send a message via AIM to rabidgoht
Quote:
Racism is stupid. You either hate someone or you don't. There's really no specific classification for "Fuck you".
I'm racist I'll admit it!!
I can't fuckin stand people drivin down the road hanging out there window creeping like they have a purpose banging some loud ass base... and I have to sit behind em and wait and wait when i really got shit I need to do!
I dont give a flaming fuq if there white ,black,chinese,jewish.. it don't matter to me.. I'm an equal oppurtunity ass whipper...i dont hate them...but at the same time fuq em all.... i dont respect anyone till they prove they can keep there word or they prove to me in somway that ther worthy of respect..{A person I can respect I'll consider a freind ....
rabidgoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 23:08   #33
BlueBalls
Major Dude

i dont wanna read all ur novels so ill write my 2 cents

the KKK is a bunch of, if i may take a word from edward scott norton in my favorite movie (which should say something about me maybe...?) "a bunch of un organized, drunk hicks" they claim to hate every notionality, which isretarded becos NONe of them are pure bred indian, er wait they hate those 2, the KKK even hate themselves, so screw them, why mention them? the skinheads are the only ones who have their heads screwed on straight as far as their beliefs go, me im midly racist if not full racism against a few groupd based on the events that have occured in my life, granted it doesnt go for all mexicans or blacks but for the ones ive met with exception of a few maybe, they are, in my opinion, ignorant and obnoxious to me, especialy me being bald and skinny walking down seaside peir having some dirty sp...mexican, rub my head and say "good luck" s if i had cancer, then laugh at me, f*ck him and everybody who looks liek him, then theresthe blacks around me, who run right into you, look at you, and try blaming the whoel thing on you "not watching where ur going" as they walk like thugs down a WHITE neighborhood, its ridiculous, they need respect and they need somebody to teach them it before they end up face down in the mud.

again, if i offended any of you, thats life, i get offended every day and dont complain, you asked people opinions, i gave u mine, thats my opinion.

also again, granted NOT ALL of the mexicans and blacks in the world are bad, i have 1 black friend who i wouldnt call, and prolly wouldnt hang out with alone, because hes black and m being bald it just looks weird, but thats how i feel.

you asked, dont ridicule or judge me.

...//Oxidise.org - Coming Soon...
...//Breedart.org - Skin Division Member...
...//deviantART; blueballs - My devPage...
BlueBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 23:40   #34
DJ Shredder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Shredder
"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally."

DJ Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2002, 01:57   #35
meaisl8again
Goober
(Major Dudette)

Quote:
Anyone who has answered 'Not Racist At All' is a liar
Well, gee, I guess I'm a liar since I answered Not Facist At All. I love everybody. Seriously. I like you until you do something to me or one of my family members that makes me not like you, and that even takes alot. Now, here's a question for everyone: is being a racist different from being prejudiced?

A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble; then chip away anything that doesn't look like an elephant.
meaisl8again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2002, 02:09   #36
Aeroe
Major Dude

um yeah... prejudice is hating your own race

ok... but it's a broader thing like extending into hatred of cultures, religion, sexism etc.
for example i have a difficult time saying a good word about europeans. not because they're white, but of historical, cultural, social, and political reasons.
Old 31st July 2002, 04:13   #37
MetallichicA
Forum Queen

Send a message via AIM to MetallichicA
Well, my two cents... I put "barely racist" so I wouldn't be called a liar But seriously, and I hate to admit it, I'm sure I have racist thoughts sometime. I think Jon Deaux summed up my feelings pretty well.

I try very hard not to see people as Black/Asian/Mexican/whatever, but I'm sure it doesn't always work. Like, if a black person were to act rude to me, I'd probably think, "What a jerk, they did that just because I'm white and they're black." But if a white person is rude to me, do I think anything like that? Of course not. I don't even consider race in that circumstance. And why not? Cuz he "looks like me".

On the other hand, if a black person does or says something really nice to me, I think, "Well, that was swell of them, I'm glad two people of different races can get along." If a white person does or says something nice, though, I don't think, "Well, of course we get along, we're both white." So I've kind of got mixed emotions on the whole "racist" thing.

Funny story (kind of sad, too, when you think about it).... in my Geomorphology class, we were supposed to take a field trip in northwestern Indiana. Anyone who knows anything about that area knows it's pretty much the heart of KKK country. None of us thought anything about it, until our professor brought it up, at which point we thought, "So?" Then it dawned on us, as he looked pointedly at one of our students, that we had a BLACK guy in the class! "Ohhhhhhh..." Heck, I hadn't even thought of him being black before then, he was just the guy who sat in the row in front of me who was really funny and nice. Anyway, we ended up surrounding the guy every time we got out of our vans, just in case anybody drove by with some bright idea to go after him. We ended up stopping about a block from the Grand High Pillowcase's house, too. (I'll give five bucks to whoever can tell me what author used that phrase I still find it amusing.)

Reverse racism sucks, too... it's not JUST whites being racist against Blacks/Hispanics/Asians...

Oh, and Aeroe, I almost posted before going through the whole thread, and at the last second, I read your post about everyone's defense (I know a cool guy who's black, so I'm not racist)... turns out I was going to mention the same thing heh.
MetallichicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2002, 04:39   #38
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
i am racist to a point.i have had run ins with a certain race in the past and have grown to hate them.now mind you this is because of the opposite sex that i had the run in with.it just seemed like they were all the same.i guess im tired of the sexual comments that come from their mouths.the woman of this certain race seem to present themselves as gangsters,coping an attitude as you walk by.almost as if they think your gonna take something away from them. i think its a bunch of bullshit really and we need to all get along and accept the fact that we all neighbors.
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2002, 05:01   #39
spookz

hmm
wonder if i should play some guessing games now
who could these people be???

also could a culture/ethnicity be mistaken for a race?
a race could be dispersed geographically and have individual cultures, some more obnoxious than others

sPooKZ
spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2002, 05:17   #40
rm'
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I love everyone. Even Xerxes.
That's certainly true... and I have the photos to prove it.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions