Old 22nd October 2007, 15:13   #1
gybe

Developers: stick Bento up your asses!!!

First of all - I KNOW this Bento issue was discussed before. Now here's my honest statement:

There are FEW users that listen to music because of the music itself. These people can find their music via rare mediums and is practically unavailable to get with help of any media library or other internet MP3 resources. Now here's the catch - plenty of people collect music, like I do. We have a thing called a 'SYSTEM', very intuitive and old-school technique of putting each album into seperate folder. Okay, we are people that listens to albums - we DO NOT change songs every minute, because 'this part just sucks' and we don't rewind every single song to re-enjoy that 7.298489 seconds part which we like. Now Media Library is one of the biggest bullshits Nullsoft has brought to Winamp in the whole cosmic history of internet distributed software.

Inplementing something called 'totally redesigned visual appearance of Winamp' isn't enough people!!! Not being able to close media library piece of shit without sacrificing the cosmetics and usability of playlist is the pain in the ass!!! I am seriously considering of changing my media player to something that's not a-piece-of-shit-non-costumizable-winamp.
Maybe you attract glamouros chick and 12 yo nerds who pick their noses whole day, spend huge amount of ram with that lipsticked winamp which will slowly be totally uncostumizable. Where's the old winamp philosophy 'put your windows where you want, resize them, move them ... and it won't eat your resource'. No no no no no! New versions have to be lame as fuck just to show people how much designing we put in. Yeah right! Winamp 5.5 is absolutely the worst Winamp ever and that's a fact!

Down, Bento, down!
gybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:29   #2
BillN96

The one thing I REALLY liked about WinAmp was that I could just have a player and playlist open and that was it. With Bento that is no longer possible. I am one of those people mentioned above that has a "system", listens to albums, and strongly dislike the Media Library and Dashboard. I really do like the look of the new Bento design but can you please give me the option to go back to my minimalist view. All you have to do is add another tab on the bottom pane next to Media Library, Video, etc. and add a Playlist tab. You will make a lot of people happy.

With the new Bento release, WinAmp just made themselves exactly like everyone else. What makes (made) WinAmp different was the low overhead, solid player, without all the crap that the other players cram onto one unchangable screen. Please do not go down this road. Do not forget what made WinAmp successful for so many years.
BillN96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:38   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Re: Developers: stick Bento up your asses!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by gybe
First of all - I KNOW this Bento issue was discussed before. Now here's my honest statement:

There are FEW users that listen to music because of the music itself. These people can find their music via rare mediums and is practically unavailable to get with help of any media library or other internet MP3 resources. Now here's the catch - plenty of people collect music, like I do. We have a thing called a 'SYSTEM', very intuitive and old-school technique of putting each album into seperate folder. Okay, we are people that listens to albums - we DO NOT change songs every minute, because 'this part just sucks' and we don't rewind every single song to re-enjoy that 7.298489 seconds part which we like. Now Media Library is one of the biggest bullshits Nullsoft has brought to Winamp in the whole cosmic history of internet distributed software.

Inplementing something called 'totally redesigned visual appearance of Winamp' isn't enough people!!! Not being able to close media library piece of shit without sacrificing the cosmetics and usability of playlist is the pain in the ass!!! I am seriously considering of changing my media player to something that's not a-piece-of-shit-non-costumizable-winamp.
Maybe you attract glamouros chick and 12 yo nerds who pick their noses whole day, spend huge amount of ram with that lipsticked winamp which will slowly be totally uncostumizable. Where's the old winamp philosophy 'put your windows where you want, resize them, move them ... and it won't eat your resource'. No no no no no! New versions have to be lame as fuck just to show people how much designing we put in. Yeah right! Winamp 5.5 is absolutely the worst Winamp ever and that's a fact!

Down, Bento, down!

Well, err, use a different fucking skin then.

There was several hundred 1000 skins both modern and classic before Bento came along, all those skins still work with winamp, in fact two additional skins came with it, both the original classic and newer winamp modern skins.

It's not like Bento is the be all and end all of the winamp interface, there are other options, what did you use before you installed 5.5???, carry on using that!

It's not like you were forced into using Bento, I'm pretty sure the installer asked you which skin you wanted to use when you upgrade, Bento, Classic, winamp modern or your current skin.

Bento is just another skin for crying out loud, just use another one.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:41   #4
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by BillN96
The one thing I REALLY liked about WinAmp was that I could just have a player and playlist open and that was it. With Bento that is no longer possible. I am one of those people mentioned above that has a "system", listens to albums, and strongly dislike the Media Library and Dashboard. I really do like the look of the new Bento design but can you please give me the option to go back to my minimalist view. All you have to do is add another tab on the bottom pane next to Media Library, Video, etc. and add a Playlist tab. You will make a lot of people happy.

use another skin then, Bento is a skin, there are other skins available, including the old classic base skin and newer winamp modern skin.

Say after me.. Bento is just a skin, it's designed to make winamp look like one thing, but hey, there are other skins out there designed to make it look like something else, including the ones I've been using for the last few years, I'll just change it and carry on using winamp like I've always done in the past.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:47   #5
gybe

Just like Bento, other skins have bugs, non-eye-friendly appearance, but those who look nice just aren't working the way they should! One day I install a sking, use it for 20 minutes and already miss crossfade section in the EQ. If you make skins make them 100 % compatible or go hang yourself. The functions and buttons SHOULD be VISIBLE and USEABLE!!! Since you have wasted so much time in making it fancy-dancy up and down, please make buttons that would actually work!

This is like using Windows Explorer for browsing your files. We all know that only noobs and very very non-flexible people use that because it's built-in and hey, MS probably knows what he's doing. But when you show them an orthodox file editor/browser with twin view and a command line which is the ultimate tool to organize your files they just go 'oh man that looks so plain ... I like the design of my Explorer'. MY FUCKING GOD!!! Grow up people!
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:50   #6
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

So which skin did you use before Bento came along?, because obviously that worked ok for you as you appear to have only signed up today to complain about Bento?

What skin did you use previously? carry on using that.

End of.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:54   #7
gybe

Bento is a piece of shit like ML is. ML isn't way that fast as I'm fast with some hotkeys and arrows. I have used modern skin which also is the biggest piece of shit ever provided to the universe of internet. But then again some stuff don't work with classic skin so we are DOOMED to use that shit over and over again!
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:56   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Well, you are still not answering the question, what were you doing / using before 5.5 came along?

Like I keep telling you and like you keep missing the point, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE BENTO, IT'S JUST ANOTHER SKIN.

You can use winamp in it's 5.5 configuration and it'll still look like it did when you were using 5.35 last week.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:38   #9
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Time for facts.

- Winamp is free
- Winamp is highly configurable and customisable (via skins and plug-ins)
- Winamp doesn't force you to use ANY of its features.

Now, if you don't like the Media Library, don't use it. There are plenty of ways of loading your music into Winamp without using it. Use the Dynamic Library or Album List plug-in.

You don't like Bento? Neither do I. So I don't use it, simple as that. Use the Modern Skin or any other Modern Skin you like. Don't like Modern Skins? Use the classic ones. If you miss the ability to set the crossfade in classic skins, just use Nxs Fade and that solves the issue.

And ultimately, there are other players available. If you can't stomach Winamp anymore, use XMMS, Foobar or any other player that will suit your need.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:38   #10
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by gybe
Bento is a piece of shit like ML is. ML isn't way that fast as I'm fast with some hotkeys and arrows. I have used modern skin which also is the biggest piece of shit ever provided to the universe of internet. But then again some stuff don't work with classic skin so we are DOOMED to use that shit over and over again!
well quite bitching and get of your fat arse and code something better. that's the simple option, don't like something, make what you want yourself. all of the tools needed to make your own program are out there for free so get on with it... i want to see something for this friday's class presentation and it'd better be good!

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:08   #11
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

<3
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:16   #12
DrO

fear the mighty nutsack

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:35   #13
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
But I blindly clicked next in the installer and something changed! It need to go back to the all way, I've tried absolutely nothing and am all out of ideas! Fuck you Winamp

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:44   #14
TheElusiveMelon

Jesus, like Jones said, use a different fucking skin, or just fuck off you ungrateful piece of shit. I'm fucking sick of all you pricks complaining.
TheElusiveMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 03:35   #15
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Since Winamp3, anyone has the ability to make any skin they want, with any buttons/locations they want. If you hate one thing but 'need' another, make a skin that gives you exactly what you need and nothing more.

If you don't have the ability or patience to learn how, then browse the available skins for alternatives.

By the way, instead of bitching about it, find a more tactful way of bringing up things you're not happy with, especially when all of this is given to you for free. Otherwise you're asking for people to make fun of you by calling you names like cuntfungus, crablouse and cumguzzler.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:05   #16
vespalino

I'm very astonished to see what's going on here in this thread. It's a shame how you both, members and moderators (DrO), are talking to each other. Doesn't there exist any rules???

I've never been in a community where the people have been as aggressive as you are. I can understand your opinions and emotions in a way but nevertheless I miss the respect for the others. I hope that you had only a bad hair day when you wrote your statements.

So please, calm down...

I had to say that.

Greetings from Berlin, Germany
vespalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:50   #17
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Make hay, not war.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 04:06   #18
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by vespalino
I'm very astonished to see what's going on here in this thread. It's a shame how you both, members and moderators (DrO), are talking to each other. Doesn't there exist any rules???

I've never been in a community where the people have been as aggressive as you are. I can understand your opinions and emotions in a way but nevertheless I miss the respect for the others. I hope that you had only a bad hair day when you wrote your statements.

So please, calm down...

I had to say that.

You make me laugh. This is Winamp forums, we're gods.
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 00:30   #19
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@vespalino

Sorry, but the original poster asked for it.
They complained about a skin and a media library that they didn't have to install or use in the first place.

The Bento skin exists solely as a Single User Interface skin, like all other SUI skins before, and their purpose is to provide an interface where all of Winamp's windows are available in one window.

If you don't want to use an SUI skin, then as Mr Jones said, use the Winamp Modern or Winamp Classic skin instead, or one of the thousands of other available skins.

Some users find the Media Library essential, some don't.

Some users love Bento, some aren't fussed either way, some hate it.

Alas, it's the same with just about everything in this world. That's life :-/
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 16:35   #20
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

stupid/aggresive complains ==> stupid/aggrisive answers
P$ycHo™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 17:35   #21
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

==>poor grammar
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 18:06   #22
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

grammer
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 19:54   #23
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

grammar

Old 28th October 2007, 20:13   #24
ASD5A
Titeleinzigartigkeit

poor spelling

oversized e-penis replacement
ASD5A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 19:34   #25
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

so what?
Old 30th October 2007, 21:16   #26
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

grammur
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 23:43   #27
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

gramir

gram her

hmmm... I'm curious to know how long this will stay out of the bin.

Old 30th October 2007, 23:46   #28
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by vespalino

So please, calm down...

I had to say that.

So, what were you doing? Googling "up the ass" and find this thread?
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 23:54   #29
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Or signing up with another user name in effort to try and use different personalities to team up on the winamp forum members.

Old 31st October 2007, 11:08   #30
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by P$ycHoâ„¢
so what?
Poor punctuation.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:21   #31
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aFfLiCtEd
So, what were you doing? Googling "up the ass" and find this thread?
Very valid point
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 16:09   #32
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
Poor punctuation.
Old 4th November 2007, 08:40   #33
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 20:29   #34
progh

winamp bento skin should look like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (182.2 KB, 367 views)
progh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 20:40   #35
Sawg
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to Sawg Send a message via AIM to Sawg Send a message via Yahoo to Sawg
Then just use the Modern Skin if you want Bent to be like the Modern Skin.

| Brought to you by ^V ^C | The one... the original... no seriously!
Sawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 20:40   #36
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by ovd.

Feel free to make your own modifications, it's all out there, it's all editable.

Go for it, fill your boots, and mine while you are at it.
Old 5th November 2007, 21:21   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
Then just use the Modern Skin if you want Bent to be like the Modern Skin.
I think what he (and others) are saying is that Bento has great features not found in a regular modern skin, but would still like the components to be detachable. I realize you can still get most of the features on the modern skin, but they're not as well laid out. Very few people feel they have the skills necessary to learn how to create skins, hence all the begging/whining for someone else to do it. I personally don't bitch too much because I don't bite the hand that feeds me free food. However, if someone did make such a skin, I'd probably use it exclusively.

Old 6th November 2007, 03:56   #38
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally posted by ovd.
Cross-poster, you also have this in, of all the wrong places, Tech Support.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 22:10   #39
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Old 12th November 2007, 03:29   #40
The-Reaper

Send a message via AIM to The-Reaper
Like basically everyone here, all i want is to be able to put the different sections were ever i want and be able to take away w/e i don't want showing as you could on the old skin. I like the new skin so I would like the developers to update or come out with the same skin with the features from the old skins.
The-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist