Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 9th September 2009, 06:03   #1001
bemymonkey

It's _supposed_ to work "only on playlists". All it does is create a playback queue (of songs that are in the playlist) that plays before the rest of the playlist resumes.

Oh and it has a handy text search...

What exactly are you missing?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:27   #1002
dj_titan

Well then is there a similar plugin, or can it be created one or some settings on winamp can be modified? I really need something to not delete the previous played file in the playlist, because I'm using Advanced Mp3 Catalog and have 80 GB of music. With that amount of music in media library winamp would run slow.
dj_titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:55   #1003
dj_titan

Quote:
Originally posted by dj_titan
Well then is there a similar plugin, or can it be created one or some settings on winamp can be modified? I really need something to not delete the previous played file in the playlist, because I'm using Advanced Mp3 Catalog and have 80 GB of music. With that amount of music in media library winamp would run slow.
OK, I realised this is the plugin I was looking for. Just some adjustments needed, sorry for asking silly questions. These are my JTFE settings, hope this will help those that ask before search, like me

P.S. Is it possible that the played and enqueued file to remain first and under the previously played files?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtfe settings.jpg (65.0 KB, 231 views)
dj_titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 06:56   #1004
bemymonkey

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
bemymonkey: i think it relates to the work i did trying to resolve Daniel_Sturza's issues as there were a number of race conditions going on that were messing with the internal cache (like the one i've found in the shift+r option for queueing and randomising the playlist a few times in quick succession).
Hi DrO!

I just found out why JTFE wasn't highlighting a few of the files: When the same file has more than one playlist entry, the first one of these is highlighted - doesn't matter which one you enqueue; only the first gets highlighted.

Is this a feature? It's not a bug, really, since it makes sense in a weird, confusing way

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 07:21   #1005
DrO

that'd be a bug but is related to how the internal indexer works but does make sense (just need to try it out myself )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 12:03   #1006
DrO

1.0.7 Build 900 has now been released as part of 5.57, will post a changelog/seperate download links as soon as i'm able to do so. hopefully there shouldn't be any issues with the new update.

-daz
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:01   #1007
TheHYPO

Send a message via ICQ to TheHYPO
Hello there. I recently noted that there was an update to the old-school Nvidia-keyboard issue thread saying that nviewfix was outdated and to update JTFE. I've had my nvidia desktop manager disabled for a long time because I prefer winamp and can't use it properly with Nvidia enabled (the nviewfix didn't solve the issue, if I recall). So I updated my JTFE to 1.04 and enabled nvidia desktop manager, and amazingly, things seemed to work just fine.

However, upon further inspection, I found two issues. The first is most likely a compatability issue that you may just tell me I have to "deal with": I have another plugin (that for the life of me, I couldn't tell you the name of, because I can't find it on winamp.com or in my winamp prefs menu - unless it was one of those former plugins that because integrated into winamp proper: It allows you to set the number of seconds "left" and "right" on the kb will skip you. I have it set to 2 seconds either way. With the nvidia JTFE checkbox checked, it no longer skips 2 seconds, but seems to skip about 6 at a time (when I did "10" seconds, it skips about 30 - so a 3x multiplier it seems). Unlike how it usually is, I can actually see it quickly skip a few numbers at a time. This is a bit of a pain

The more major issue came after JTFE subsequently notified me that 1.05 was out and that I should update (which I did). I have reverted to 1.04 and am testing if it also occurs in that release, because it takes some time to occur: after some period of use, winamp seems to become "overloaded" and keys cause winamp to flicker a bit... keys like ctl+p - if I press it repeatedly - 3 or 4 times, I can sometimes get prefs to appear. This seems to be an issue that develops by keeping winamp open too long (not that long though - this happened in under an hour).

I'll let you know if 1.04 does the same thing. It's resulted in my dropping back to disabling nvidia, which sucks, cause I really do enjoy their desktop tools.

Edit to add: I'm not 100% sure I was on 1.05 after the update - I assumed it was simply the next version, and 1.05 DOES sound familiar, but if later versions are out (that I see now), I could be mistaken...
TheHYPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:12   #1008
DrO

1.0.7.2 (Build 910) is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------
Download v1.0.7.2 (Distro Build for 5.57x only)
Download v1.0.7.2 (Non-Winamp specific build)

Changelog:
  • Fixed Queue Manager and Jump to File skinned frames appearing incorrectly (related to starting minimised support) (specific to 1.0.7 + 1.0.7.1)
  • Fixed api_queue->EnableQueueAdvance(..) and api_queue->IsQueueAdvanceEnabled(..) interfaces being wrongly defined in api_queue.h
  • Fixed api_queue->IsQueueAdvanceEnabled(..) crashing (if above issue was manually worked around)
  • Dynamically load SHOpenFolderAndSelectItems(..) so we can run on Win2k again (specific to 1.0.7)
  • Localisation updates including 5.57+ wlz handling support & ability to for dialogs to be resized via gen_jumpex.lng (see example 5.57x wlz)
  • Fixed sparodic internal queue allocation crash (rare event)
  • Refactoring of the preferences handling to make it more reliable and less intrusive (old method code sparodically crash)
  • Context menu in the JTF dialog is now clipped to the list if the mouse isn't in it at the time
  • Alt+Q now works correctly in the Queue Manager window and the JTF dialog if both are open
  • Fixed an alignment issue with the bottom groupbox on the 'menu &buttons' preference page
  • Fixed handling of the JTF search box to correctly match with the un-skinned version so it'll keep the selection in the same place
  • Improved handling of accelerators on the JTF dialog to remove some quirks which had crept in over the years including some double-handling of messages
  • Better handling of swapped mouse buttons in relevant places
  • Fixed the up/down queue button handling as it had been swapped around accidentally for some scenarios
  • Fixed crash when queuing files too quickly due to legacy code incorrectly kept enabled
  • Fixed F2/Rename Favourite not working
  • Re-worked large proportion of Favourite views to not be incorrectly sharing code used to update the current queue (most right-click functions were broken) and so the send to menu options will work correctly (this was really broken)
  • Added 'Alt+3' and a 'Ctrl+F' handler to the JTF and Queue Manager lists
  • Fixed "Queue selected and randomise" to be used in place of "Enqueue selected and randomise" as per the language file
  • Fixed 'Jump to file options' option in the playlist editor not working as was trying to open the Queue Manager page/view
  • Added a 'Random queue from current playlist' option along with keyboard shortcut
  • Fixed doing a drag and drop from the queue windows showing as valid when it was was started from the scrollbar
  • Improved bounds checking when using internal randomiser to prevent saving of queue lists with garbage at the end of them
  • Reworked some of the internal playlist loaders to make them more reliable
  • Improved 'Queue album from playlist' so that it'll parse the folder if there's no playlist and no results from the media library
  • Fixed mapping issue of hibernate/standby due to changes in 1.0.5
  • Fixed heap corruption when using the send to action in the queue manager window
  • Improved drag and drop handling onto the JTF and Queue Manager windows
  • Added in IPC_INITIAL_SHOW_STATE handling so (at least with classic skins) none of the plugin windows will show if Winamp is started minimised [this led to v1.0.7.2 being created to fix it]
  • Minor code refactoring and misc tweaks i cannot remember now...
The 'Distro Build' is what will be shipped with Winamp client versions (doesn't have version compatability hacks, etc in it) whereas the normal build is designed to work on any Winamp version (though my active testing only really goes back to 5.5x).

-daz
Old 12th January 2010, 15:20   #1009
DrO

1.0.7.3 (Build 913) is out:: release info

Download v1.0.7.3 (Distro Build for 5.57x only)
Download v1.0.7.3 (Non-Winamp specific build)

Changelog:
  • Corrected missing/wrong localisation entries for the 1.0.7.x series
  • Minor changes to how Add to Media Library works (starting to work on reported crash issue)
The 'Distro Build' is what will be shipped with Winamp client versions (doesn't have version compatability hacks, etc in it) whereas the normal build is designed to work on any Winamp version (though my active testing only really goes back to 5.5x).

-daz
Old 12th January 2010, 22:22   #1010
muppet

Send a message via ICQ to muppet Send a message via AIM to muppet Send a message via MSN to muppet Send a message via Yahoo to muppet Send a message via Skype™ to muppet
@DrO: The link to the distro build is wrong.

You can get the file by manually editing the URL though
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 22:29   #1011
DrO

should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out

-daz
Old 13th February 2010, 15:22   #1012
Wolfgang
Forum King

A small request:

When I press ctrl+alt+j to bring up the JTFE box, sometimes it isn't in focus. Pressing ctrl+alt+j again does nothing, so I have to click on it to bring it back into focus. This is obviously a trivial issue, but this happens more or less frequently and it becoming an annoyance.

Also if the JTFE box is in focus and you press ctrl+alt+j, it goes out of focus. That doesn't seem right.

I don't know if this is a Global Hotkeys issue or a JTFE one, but I'm hoping it can be "fixed".
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 11:22   #1013
c1ph3r

JTFE Send to: behaviour

Hi!
I don't know if this behaviour of JTFE is an issue or something that is changeable with the JTFE option.
I have a playlist with some mp3s (the number is not relevant).
If I use the Media Library to select another mp3 that IS NOT in my current playlist and with the Send To contextual menu of the mp3 in the ML I select the "Add to queue" entry the result is:
- The new mp3 is added in the current playlist twice.
The first entry has the [1] near the name (as expected)
The second is just there.

Winamp will correctly play the mp3 after the one that is playing but the two entries in the playlisty remain.

What I expected is that in the current playlist the new mp3 will be added just once.

I have WinXP with SP3
Winamp 5.572
Classic Skin

Thanks in advance,
Davide

(PS sorry for the english) :-)
c1ph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 11:51   #1014
DrO

Support Note:

I've now decided to drop support of the plug-in running on clients prior to Winamp 5.5. If this will affect anyone, i don't know though the following is the reasoning behind this decision:
  • I can make use of the 5.5+ style language file format which will make it easier for me to provide localisation support (unicode compatible ui, etc)
  • Removes the time taken to ensure it will work on various client versions (some of the media library code has 4 code paths for different client versions)
  • Means i only need to distribute/test a single version of the plug-in (the distro only build)
  • Once done it means i'm in a better position to work on new features instead of maintenance only aspects - maybe even the fabled scheduler, heh
  • I just don't want to deal with supporting legacy code anymore (as seen by a number of other plug-in releases in the last 6 months or so from me)
Obviously if anyone is really against this and can convince me then i may reconsider otherwise i'll be pushing on with this change as supporting any client prior to v5.5 is now silly & no one should (let alone supporting the 2.x builds some authors insist on only targetting still).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfgang: i'm not seeing this happen with my attempts to reproduce the issue unless i'm missing something on my end - will keep it logged.

c1ph3r: sounds like a timing issue within the plug-in as it's not meant to double add things. i've added it to my check list to investigate further.

-daz
Old 17th May 2010, 20:52   #1015
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
c1ph3r: sounds like a timing issue within the plug-in as it's not meant to double add things. i've added it to my check list to investigate further.
i think i've managed to resolve this issue - i'm now able to throw ~7000 items at the queue in one go from different parts of the media library without it duplicating - was usually happening in my tests when metadata information hadn't been fully loaded for a file from the ml's cache. will have to wait for the next release but i'm hoping things will be resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an additional note to the work being carried out on the plug-in as detailed in my prior post, i've also decided to remove support for the auto-updater as it was only offered in the non-distro build of the plug-in and from what i've been able to work out, is barely used anyway so seems a bit pointless to leave it in... unless there's a major objection?

-daz
Old 17th June 2010, 14:07   #1016
DrVirgilMD

I have a fresh install of Winamp 5.57 on Windows XP Pro SP3. In Preferences, I checked
"Skin 'Jump to File' using currnet Winamp style"
"Restore last position of the dialog on opening"
"Reload 'Jump to File"' when Winamp starts"

The dialog box is no longer skinned, and the only button available is "close."

Additionally, if I select "Move after Current" for either Double-Click Mode or Enter Key Mode, JTFE still plays the selected song.
DrVirgilMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 17:16   #1017
DrO

hmm, it sounds like something is interfering with the plug-ins ability to hook into things. i've pm'd you the current development build to see if that shows any difference.

-daz
Old 17th June 2010, 18:24   #1018
DrVirgilMD

Thank you, but still no joy. If it matters, it won't skin in either the Modern or Classic skin.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:00   #1019
DrO

hmm, well there has to be something else going on/messing with things if it's not hooking correctly. can you attach a copy of your plug-ins list please -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

-daz
Old 17th June 2010, 20:17   #1020
DrVirgilMD

When I restarted Winamp after installing the "One for Nunz" plugin, JTFE worked as it should. However, upon restarting Winamp again, the previous problems came back. Additionally, the One for Nunz plugin would not open Notepad after following the instructions in your link. I was able to use the external program, and the output of which is attached. I apologize for not attaching my list of plugins from the beginning, as I should have.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_ext.txt (3.4 KB, 149 views)
Old 17th June 2010, 20:51   #1021
DrO

that's strange, one for nunz should have still generated a text file in your settings directory (normally %appdata%\Winamp).

nothing is jumping out from the external listing (other than you've not got any vis plug-ins installed). are you using a language pack or running on a non-admin user account?

-daz
Old 17th June 2010, 21:18   #1022
DrVirgilMD

The One for Nunz plugin does not create a text file. I do not install the visualization plugins because I never use them. I am not using a language pack nor am I running on a non-admin user account. I just installed ml_ipod, and after the automatic restart of Winamp, JTFE worked fine again. As when I installed One for Nunz, after Winamp is closed and reopened, the JTFE problems arise again.

Is there some type of special flag used when Winamp is opened with a plugin installer that isn't present by default when I start it from the Start menu? The trend seems to be that opening Winamp from a plugin's installer makes JTFE work correctly, but opening Winamp from the Start menu shortcut results in the errors.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:34   #1023
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVirgilMD View Post
Is there some type of special flag used when Winamp is opened with a plugin installer that isn't present by default when I start it from the Start menu?
there shouldn't be that i'm aware off as my plug-in installers will just tell the OS to run winamp.exe in the winamp folder without any additional parameters. however at the moment all i can think off is that if the issue is from starting via the shortcut that maybe some sort of OS compatibility setting has been set on it but isn't used when winamp.exe is started directly (as the plug-in installer does).

is a bit of a weird one as it's not something i'm aware off happening before (is usually only with broken language packs that i've seen the preferences sort of work and the window handling fail).

-daz
Old 18th June 2010, 01:56   #1024
DrVirgilMD

The problem also arises when I run the executable directly.
Old 18th June 2010, 08:35   #1025
DrO

all i can currently suggest then is to create a new install in a different folder from where your current Winamp install is and see if that has any difference as i'm really at a loss.

-daz
Old 21st June 2010, 09:41   #1026
DrVirgilMD

I tried rolling Winamp back to 5.5, but the problem persists. I think the problem is with my machine, not the plugin. I apologize for all the trouble.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:49   #1027
DrO

This is just a place holder for the proper v1.1 release notes (has taken 1.5 hours to make the following changelog from my notes so v1.1 is a fair bit of work )
  • Cleaned up some more of the project setup for easier building especially with more wasabi integration
  • Made added tooltips on gen frame windows support unicode text as applicable
  • Updated dialog hooking to cope with unicode dialogs (related to Winamp 5.58 unicode improvements)
  • Enabled unified editor [<<] and [>>] buttons on all cases now (was ini only option prior to v1.1 as UnifiedAlt3HookOn=1)
  • Improved handling of the [...] button on the edit playlist entry dialog with language packs
  • Added support of api_explorerfindfile (requires Find file on Disk v3.x or Winamp 5.58+)
  • Updated preference handling to support unicode preference entries on 5.53+ clients
  • Fixed Queue Manager main menu entry not working when accessed via the taskbar system menu
  • Changed plugin to only work on Winamp 5.5+ (this now removes the legacy version offered with v1.0x)
  • Removed all legacy code related to pre Winamp 5.5 clients
  • Changed the plugin to be unicode throughout where possible (improves UI and file handling)
  • converted language file support from ini format to lng (5.5+ style allowing full control of dialog)
  • Altered internal hash code to work with lower case paths to resolve issues from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=318627
  • Internally defaults to using m3u8 playlist for the copy of the queue between instances
  • Changed gen_jumpex.m3u8 not to be removed once Winamp is loaded so queue will be preserved better if Winamp crashes (user request)
  • Improvements to internal access of the hash list to prevent some rare crash situations
  • Altered how some of the queue changes are reflected in the available queue views to improve speed
  • Changed playlist loading to use Winamp's playlist loader service instead of my custom loaders to save space and improve compatibility
  • Fixed favourite queue lists to now save and work with unicode paths (resolves some user reported issues)
  • Improved send to and drop handling into the ml views added by this plugin
  • Fixed send to queue duplicating or not adding items to the queue correctly (especially if it is not already in the playlist)
  • Fixed remove duplicates to cope better when playlist items haven't had their title loaded from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07#post2623207
  • Reworked large parts of the preferences to hopefully improve the layout but also to remove some parts not really required and to better clarify names of options, etc
  • Reworked most of the skinning ui handling to make it better integrate into the support provided by newer winamp clients (makes things look more consistant i hope)
  • Fixed some views showing a Winamp style skinned menu when they were not meant to
  • Fixed some handling issues with the skinned JTF window when changing its size (especially to it's smallest and then increasing it)
  • The unskinned JTF window is now able to be re-sized just like the skinned
  • Removed some Queue Manager and Media library Queue view issues due to shared code with the positioning of the controls on them (made the Queue Manager look weird at times)
  • Hiding the JTF or Queue Manager windows will now correctly send WINAMP_NEXT to focus another Winamp window when they are closed
  • Changed favourite queue loading to now append addtions instead of replacing the favourite list
  • Added Ctrl+A (select all which isn't implemented on Win2k/XP editboxes for some reason) and Ctrl+Backspace (Clear search) on the JTF search box (user request)
  • Fixed the Shell Options to use Winamp's elevator service (requires 5.58+ to work correctly) so regsitry changes can work on Vista / Win7 installs
  • Added support for Icon Packs (see the Jump to File -> Extras prefs page for more information about this)
  • Fixed the missing files code to cope with foo.rsn\bar.spc entries so it will check just the foo.rsn for validity
  • Changed the guid reported by the plugin for language packs to ensure it will use complete gen_jumpex.lng files (instead of the interim dialog resource only version initially released a few months back)
  • Lots of code size optimisations due to the removal of legacy code to make the dll around 20% smaller (yay)
As the plug-in is now designed to work only on 5.5+ clients i will still be including a separate installer for those who want it but will follow in a day or so. So for the moment, v1.1 is only available to download through the Winamp 5.58 installer.

-daz
Old 30th June 2010, 03:52   #1028
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
wow DrO

TL;DR

But still good work
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 17:34   #1029
DrO

1.1.1 (Build 1052) is out:: release info

Download v1.1.1 (Distro Build for 5.5+ only)

Changelog:
  • Fixed handling of the bookmark entry on the Shell Folder Context menu (would either crash or do nothing)
  • Changed the example language file included in the installer to be an en-us translation (the plugin is still en-gb translated)
  • Fixed some issues with the installer not correctly closing Winamp causing data loss when requested to close
As is always the unfortunate case, a small update a fix an issue from the version in the 5.58 distribution.

billy: it was worse for me trying to work out just how much i had done, hehe

-daz
Old 1st July 2010, 02:48   #1030
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
ive found two issues

1. when i bring up jtfe using J, it comes up as "manage mode" however it shows the search mode. click manage -> search, shows search still, click search -> manage, shows manage correctly

2. up and down dont work for me while in manage mode.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 03:02   #1031
DrVirgilMD

I figured out why JTFE was not skinning properly on my machine. I had a non-standard theme installed (Seven Remix XP) and after I uninstalled that, JTFE works correctly.
Old 1st July 2010, 07:39   #1032
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVirgilMD View Post
I had a non-standard theme installed (Seven Remix XP) and after I uninstalled that, JTFE works correctly.
where can this theme be obtained from as i'd be interested (when i'm back on Winamp development) to see what actually causes the failure in hooking to occur.

billyvnilly: #1 i've tried to reproduce but haven't been able to - unless it has somehow locked itself in a settings mis-match loop (as i did tinker with the settings loading code relating to it).

#2 - yeah, looks like that got broken again with the localisation changes though it's fine with the integrated preference version. only viable solution for the next few weeks is to drag and drop the items in the queue list when wanting to move them about.

-daz
Old 1st July 2010, 11:55   #1033
DrVirgilMD

Seven Remix XP can be obtained at the following link: http://niwradsoft.deviantart.com/art...-2-4-112590511
Old 31st July 2010, 13:46   #1034
DrO

1.1.2 (Build 1056) is out:: release info

Download v1.1.2 (Distro Build for 5.5+ only)

Changelog:
  • Fixed issue where the Queue Manager Window can appear in bold at times (1.1.x related issue)
  • Removed LVS_SINGLESEL style (single item selection in listviews) from all listviews to allow select all to work correctly (there is a language file change due to this)
  • Fixed Ctrl+A not working on the JTF mangage mode list
  • Fixed JTF search list showing random output when there is no search results to display
  • Fixed JTF not showing the correct view on loading (usually if manage mode was the last state when closed)
Small update to resolve a few of the reported (and not reported) issues i've been notified off.

-daz
Old 9th August 2010, 20:52   #1035
DrO

1.1.3 (Build 1060) is out:: release info

Download v1.1.3 (Distro Build for 5.5+ only)

Changelog:
  • Fixed crash when using the unified editor [<<] and [>>] buttons with certain files
  • Improved handling of the unified editor buttons to either not show, become disabled or be created as required depending on what is done to the playlist editor if the unified editor is already open
This should resolve some of the crash reports i've seen mentioned with the unified editor [<<] [>>] buttons added with v1.1 and improves the handling of file types whose plug-ins don't support the unified file editor (which is still sadly the common way of doing things ).

-daz
Old 14th August 2010, 17:16   #1036
johnnyan

Is there a way to disable multiple adding a song to queue in JTFE ?
johnnyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 06:33   #1037
DrO

Preferences -> Jump To File -> Queue Options -> check 'Remove file from queue when it is already in the queue' which only allow a single copy of a file at a time if done via the playlist editor, i just can't remember if it will also apply on files added externally ie via loading a playlist into the queue.

-daz
Old 16th August 2010, 09:47   #1038
johnnyan

Yes, that unfortunately only applies to playlist editor section, you can still add the same song as many times as you want from jump to file plugin...
Old 16th August 2010, 09:56   #1039
DrO

just tried and you're right (had thought it used to follow that option in the jtf window but i may have accidentally removed it at some point). i'll have to do another update to make sure it honours that option and will have to check other aspects as well - will likely be a few days as the OS install on my dev box failed over the weekend and i need to get re-installed *joy*

-daz
Old 17th August 2010, 07:24   #1040
johnnyan

Thanks allot man and good luck with the reinstall.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion