Old 22nd December 2004, 05:30   #1
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
FireFaust II

I've been quiet along time playing with winamp3 and didn't think I would do another skin really...well at least publish it...and well, I kinda fell into a remaking some of my older skins thing...This one will be published...I'm just curios as to the thoughts on my new main window...

-jax
Attached Images
File Type: png firefaust_ii.png (28.9 KB, 510 views)
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 01:35   #2
tydogg

I think the bright red is a little too much for me, personally. I like the overall design, especially the volume and balance areas, but that red kills my eyes

You thought I was dead, didn't you?
tydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 03:50   #3
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Indeed....I may tone it a bit done or desaturate about 50% not sure yet...depends on how the eq/mb/gen/genex/ml/avs blend.
Old 23rd December 2004, 07:22   #4
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Renamed and changed...

The Main is pretty much in finished state as well as the eq..the other windows will flow just as this.

Name is now: Staufeht [St-ow-fet]

Somewhat unoriginal but, getting there.

Anyways...much different yet, similar to some past skins...
Attached Images
File Type: png staufeht.png (49.9 KB, 293 views)
Old 25th December 2004, 08:01   #5
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
Mr. Bojanglez....

you should make this skin blue, it's Mr. Bojanglez' favorite color

yea...I said it.

Mr. Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 08:23   #6
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Full Size Preview
Attached Images
File Type: png staufeht.png (71.1 KB, 298 views)
Old 25th December 2004, 13:24   #7
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini
very detailed

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2004, 01:43   #8
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Currently the first version with just minimalistic buttons etc...is available on 1001skins.com

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
Old 27th December 2004, 18:07   #9
jebus

looks worthy of breedart
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2004, 05:54   #10
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Thank You,

I've been so inactive as a direct result of a few things:

1. I decided that I had to stop skinning until I could master my own skillz...

2. My skins by far were always lacking in my own mind, so I had to learn what it meant to be detailed and find my own design within that process.

3. I only worked only collaborative projects...namely, with peacemaker (of breedart).

After careful review of my past skins and comments from a great many individuals I have started remixing if you will my own skins changing and remaking them with the pleuthora of skills that I have acquired through my many dealings and failures...

In this skin is an example of a skin being remade that definately needs it as well as another that I am currently pursuing...that I really don't think needs a new thread...

Note: The original skins was Titanium Sky by [The Only Lynx] Submitted to the remix skin contest on 1001 and now, being revised and redone to make it right...It really sucked...both of which can be found on 1001skins.com
Attached Images
File Type: png tspmix.png (5.9 KB, 246 views)
Old 28th December 2004, 08:07   #11
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Another

The Woodshop by The Only Lynx: Found on this site and 1001 was a decent enough skin, but I thought I could do better and well, a collaboration started with him. This never completed as a loss of my computer etc forwent a conclusion...

Well, The Woodshop Elite never came to...however, I never forgot about that skin and have a nearly complete base which is one of the follow up projects tspmix or wse2 will be done soon....

Note: The pic is yet unfinished and using only some similar fonts to what were available from the first...though, I have changed the background textures on much of the skin...and likely much more of the [white] letters/numbers/cbuttons etc will change...

Here is the updated view of this skin...

Which would you like to see first?
Attached Images
File Type: png wsev2.png (14.7 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by garetjax; 28th December 2004 at 09:26.
Old 29th December 2004, 06:57   #12
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Well, i was going for wood but, found a copy of wse original and will complete that one...after these two.

I have this as my new version...no longer wse v2.0

bte v2.0 (easy change) Breed Type Experiment v2.0 (original one sucked...) Never submitted...now I have got this one as a main.bmp Should be interesting to say the least.

Dunno what the hell its going to be like when complete but, the challenge is in doing it.

-jax

ss uploaded...
Attached Images
File Type: png bte_v2.0.png (7.7 KB, 241 views)
Old 31st December 2004, 05:43   #13
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Update to BTE v2.11

Buttons, volume, slider, titlebar are in current configuration.

Any comments welcome....
Attached Images
File Type: png bte_v2.11.png (28.1 KB, 227 views)
Old 2nd January 2005, 05:33   #14
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

*Progress Report*

Completed[list=1][*]Cbuttons[*]Shuffle/Rep[*]Eq/Pl Buttons[*]Text[*]Num_ex[*]MonoSter[*]Visuals[/list=1]

In Progress[list=1][*]Volume/Balance (Animation)[*]Titlebar[*]Eq[*]Pledit[*]Mb[*]Video[*]Gen[*]Genex[/list=1]
Attached Images
File Type: png bte_v2.74e_maincomplete.png (10.4 KB, 1164 views)
Old 22nd January 2005, 08:56   #15
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Main is done eq is complete working on final windows.
Old 22nd January 2005, 09:12   #16
New_skin_maker

thats a great skin can you tell me how to make my own simple skin? like what programm should i make it in and how do i make every thing eles? plz reply in my discution under neath urs
New_skin_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 07:56   #17
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

I will be releasing BTE & WSE within the next month....Hopefully, you will enjoy them.
Old 10th March 2005, 09:48   #18
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Updated Screenshot

Currently working on animations / sliders and etc for eq and pledit.

Other Skins - In Progress
WSE 3 Is coming along nicely as well.
TSPMix 2 Is about complete
Phoenix 2 has been reworked for its main.

When I get further I will upload those screens...
Attached Images
File Type: png bte_nearly_complete.png (21.4 KB, 255 views)
Old 17th March 2005, 11:13   #19
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Animations & Sliders complete now onto Overall...mb (heh), avs mikro library ... yeah.
Fun Fun Fun

1001skins |
Old 22nd March 2005, 03:24   #20
UltraZelda64

Any chance of updates to your Millenium skins? I always liked the looks of those. BTW, looking good so far.
UltraZelda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2005, 05:24   #21
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Sure, I may get into my Millenium Series Skins again...Though, I will have to look into them with more than a simple thought. As many of the reworks take quite some time.

- jax
Old 8th April 2005, 08:51   #22
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

all done on bte v2.0 - will not release though. Looks good but, I think I will put it on my skin site only and maybe a few others sites....v3.0 will be released...which is basically the same skin but, updates to the visual elements....Here is a preview of the work I am doing on it...

Note the color shift is to show the diff colors I could do but, not sure on yet. (gradient hue layers rock)
Attached Images
File Type: png btev3.png (36.2 KB, 198 views)
Old 8th April 2005, 12:07   #23
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by garetjax
Note the color shift is to show the diff colors I could do but, not sure on yet.
Err, you mean.....the entire spectrum? Gee, don't limit yourself like that!

Looks good

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 14:13   #24
AnotherTeenPunk

Send a message via Yahoo to AnotherTeenPunk
I like it. I'm thinking that the purple might turn out particularly nice, but hey, givin some of your other work, you dont need my advice! Have you considered a metallic colour theme?
AnotherTeenPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 02:20   #25
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

I've been told that metal is all played out...Though, looking at the color spectrum and how I setup the gradients it just may be possible to setup the skin as I show it... hmm

1001skins |
Old 9th April 2005, 09:43   #26
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Here is what I have chosen...
Attached Images
File Type: png btev3.png (25.8 KB, 199 views)
Old 9th April 2005, 10:57   #27
AnotherTeenPunk

Send a message via Yahoo to AnotherTeenPunk
Very Nice! Wish my skins would turn out like that! Any idea about buttons and sliders and stuff? I really look foreward to seeing how this one turns out.
AnotherTeenPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2005, 07:14   #28
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Yeah, sliders will be animated slides will be similar to my x-asereht Skin (collab w/ peacemaker). The buttons, currently will likely be something very akin to a toggle button like what I have on phoenix (another one being remade.)

Though, I just formatted my machine...suxors (so I have to download this 24bit png to continue and get some of my skins back from my webserver...thank god I backed up alot of them...).

So, I should have something completed soon for this.
Old 10th April 2005, 07:19   #29
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
I like the lightness of the blue. It looks almost like light is blowing out, like taking a picture of a lamp or a window. It looks nice.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2005, 07:20   #30
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Closer

This is closer still to what I am looking for...I'm still concerned on the number area...the buttons I think are going to be push downs like on an old tape recorder. Though, this will be a bit more work I think the effect will be seemless with most of the design. The main area will need a bit of fine tuning...ie Some areas to darken...I'm thinking on a lot of additions to the glass window area...Though, try to keep it uncluttered as this effect will be carried over to the eq and I will need to make them equal yet constant.

sigh

Its also likely that the posbar will change a bit as I like the titlebar with the bluebar but, not fitting so well to duplicate it in the posbar...this may just turn into a glass fx area like the main, though slightly darker...not sure.
Attached Images
File Type: png btev3a.png (27.5 KB, 205 views)
Old 14th April 2005, 21:52   #31
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Experimentation

I'm currently experimenting on the design...I like where some of its going though, other parts could definatly be changed as I've seen it in other places on other skins...but, hey...whats experimentation for anyways...heh.

Note the white lines are marks for outside cut areas...so I can fill with the dark-blue/purple type color...insides will be as they are...my thought here is to provide an unusual appereance to that area as it will break up the linear style everything is set to at present...Damn I'm too linear...pfft
Attached Images
File Type: png btev3b.png (19.8 KB, 193 views)
Old 25th May 2005, 00:14   #32
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Went backwards...

Here is the current SS of the then named: BTE v3.0 which has been renamed: Axlar being made for The Only Lynx: Axlar.

Main and Eq are totally done...playlist is hacked up and coming along but, is causing alot of headaches.

Note the titlebar of the eq still has some work and I will be changing the textual there to EQ when I finish my pledit.
Attached Images
File Type: png axlar.png (66.0 KB, 185 views)
Old 25th May 2005, 01:56   #33
Dark Ninja
Major Dude

i like the one thats all different colors,
thats crazy,man

mood ate it: sigre moved
Dark Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 17:05   #34
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Finished...

Here it is...Axlar Skin
Attached Images
File Type: png ss.png (85.3 KB, 188 views)
Old 26th June 2005, 01:00   #35
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

let me update

1001skins |
Old 26th June 2005, 01:03   #36
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Sorry about the file ... server seems to be filtering out
Lets try zip
Axlar
Old 26th June 2005, 03:56   #37
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Remaking JadeTube

I've started redesign on JadeTube and so far I have used some of my artwork from slickstyle (titlebar) - this will be somewhat different on the top bar...and other areas...but, overall this skin is still pretty much unique in all ways...though, I definately feel the beauty coming from this one...here is the ss if you feel like looking.

Attached Images
File Type: png ss.png (23.9 KB, 186 views)
Old 26th June 2005, 04:45   #38
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Updated

Finished the main and now I am working on the others...here is the final product of the main...so that you can see the overall look and feel...(in working mode).
Attached Images
File Type: png ss.png (26.0 KB, 195 views)
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins