Old 26th October 2009, 04:36   #321
osmosis
Major Dude

Hmm it's not an option I use so I'd never actually tried it, but I guess you're right, it doesn't pick up from the time you bookmark it. Oh well, at least the bookmark tells you where to seek to. Anyway, as I said in the other thread, the ClassicPro engine has this functionality either built in or through widgets, so try that out.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 07:49   #322
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Joonas: you need to update your handling of the IPC_ADDBOOKMARK to return the path to winamp.bm if wParam is zero. Will check my code fix later on to make sure that is correct.

-daz
Hmm, no that doesn't seem to help as far as I can see...
How do you actually return the path here too? How do you safely return anything here without it losing scope?
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 07:50   #323
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by rick7
OK,bookmarks and podcasts are now working.

But the one feature that I was wanting from DnD doesn't seem to work. Say I start a song, or podcast, and don't finish listening to it this time. I want some way to "mark" that media file so that if I then go and play something else, it would 'mark' my position on the first file. So then at some other time if I came back to the original podcast I could go directly to where I left off (the 'bookmark') and it would resume to the previously-listened position.

Unless there's something you specifically have to do to leave a "mark" in the first file, or to deliberately "resume" to it after coming back to it from the second file, I'm not sure it's working.
No it doesn't seem to work with podcasts...it's using IPC_JUMPTOTIME internally but it only works for local files. I'll see if I can do some workaround for this...
Old 26th October 2009, 17:51   #324
osmosis
Major Dude

So, it IS supposed to jump to the correct time? If so, it doesn't appear to work for local files either on my end.

Old 26th October 2009, 18:10   #325
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
So, it IS supposed to jump to the correct time? If so, it doesn't appear to work for local files either on my end.
Really? Are you selecting a bookmark which says for example [00:30] and it's not jumping 30 seconds into that file?
Old 26th October 2009, 19:23   #326
rick7

Hmm...(jumping in..) -- I'm confused. What 'bookmark' are we talking about selecting?
rick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 19:33   #327
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Hmm...(jumping in..) -- I'm confused. What 'bookmark' are we talking about selecting?
The whole feature is based around the bookmarks that you can add with the regular right-click Winamp menu.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:02   #328
osmosis
Major Dude

Yeah.
The bookmark is as follows:

!!! - Sweet Life [00:59]
D:\stray mp3s\indie\06-!!!-sweet_life.mp3

but it just starts at the beginning.

Also it only seems to bookmark (with time), the first file I attempt it with it during a session. Every file after seems to just follow the old format w/o time.

Edit: I take this second part back, it actually only doesn't *appear to* do it while you have the Bookmarks view open. Once you click off of it and back on, the times show up.

Last edited by osmosis; 26th October 2009 at 20:36.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:16   #329
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
Hmm, no that doesn't seem to help as far as I can see...
How do you actually return the path here too? How do you safely return anything here without it losing scope?
to work around the issue i just used the following:
code:
char bkmk_file[MAX_PATH];
char* GetBookmarkFile(HWND winamp){
if(GetWinampVersion(winamp) >= 0x5000){
// this gets the string of the full ini file path
lstrcpyn(bkmk_file,(char*)SendMessage(winamp,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GETINIDIRECTORY),sizeof(ini_dir));
}
else{
char* p = ini_dir;
p += GetModuleFileName(0,bkmk_file,sizeof(bkmk_file)) - 1;
while(p && *p != '\\' && (p != bkmk_file)){
p = CharPrev(bkmk_file,p);
}
*p = 0;
}
lstrcat(bkmk_file,"\\winamp.bm");
return bkmk_file;
}

LRESULT CALLBACK WinampProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp) {
if(msg == WM_WA_IPC && lp == IPC_ADDBOOKMARK){
if(!wp && joonas_dnd_hack){
return (LRESULT)GetBookmarkFile(hwnd);
}
}
return CallWindowProc(winampproc,hwnd,msg,wp,lp);
}

then again, would be easier if you just forward on the original message if wParam is zero.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 07:45   #330
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
to work around the issue i just used the following:
code:
char bkmk_file[MAX_PATH];
char* GetBookmarkFile(HWND winamp){
if(GetWinampVersion(winamp) >= 0x5000){
// this gets the string of the full ini file path
lstrcpyn(bkmk_file,(char*)SendMessage(winamp,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GETINIDIRECTORY),sizeof(ini_dir));
}
else{
char* p = ini_dir;
p += GetModuleFileName(0,bkmk_file,sizeof(bkmk_file)) - 1;
while(p && *p != '\\' && (p != bkmk_file)){
p = CharPrev(bkmk_file,p);
}
*p = 0;
}
lstrcat(bkmk_file,"\\winamp.bm");
return bkmk_file;
}

LRESULT CALLBACK WinampProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp) {
if(msg == WM_WA_IPC && lp == IPC_ADDBOOKMARK){
if(!wp && joonas_dnd_hack){
return (LRESULT)GetBookmarkFile(hwnd);
}
}
return CallWindowProc(winampproc,hwnd,msg,wp,lp);
}

then again, would be easier if you just forward on the original message if wParam is zero.

-daz
ah, yes that is of course the easiest way (and it works )

I might just drop the whole feature though considering that it doesn't work with podcasts...

@dro: do you have any idea how Wasabi works? I can't seem to figure out how to get a api_core pointer...
Old 27th October 2009, 10:49   #331
rick7

Hi Joonas -- I can't help with the programming, but I really appreciate your effort on this and would be disappointed to see the feature dropped. If having an extra tester would help, let me know.
rick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 15:52   #332
Joonas
Forum King

I can add that I try to access the api_core* with this code:
code:

api_service* m_svc = (api_service*)SendMessage(hwndWinamp, WM_WA_IPC, 0, IPC_GET_API_SERVICE);

if ((api_service*)1 == m_svc )
{
m_core = NULL;
}
else
{
waServiceFactory* serviceFactory = m_svc->service_getServiceByGuid(coreApiServiceGuid);

m_core = (api_core*)serviceFactory->getInterface();
}

with coreApiServiceGuid being defined in api_core.h but serviceFactory always returns NULL...
Old 28th October 2009, 08:23   #333
DrO

no idea at the moment about api_core stuff (can't try it out for a while to see what is going on) but i don't remember anything in the code directly trying to use that with the Winamp 5 wasabi integration. what are you trying to access?

-daz
Old 28th October 2009, 13:53   #334
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Yup, already had that checked, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I listen to a podcast for a few minutes, then click the Stop button on that podcast. I then listen to another podcast for a little bit and then click Stop on that. I go back to the first and click Play -- and it just starts right over from the beginning rather than where I'd left it.

Or just double-clicking on the new podcast (without clicking the Stop button on the previous one) it still doesn't save the position.
I think I understand now...you expect it to work with Stop and Play. It's only for the bookmarks. Create a bookmark and select the bookmark and it will jump back to that file.

Your idea isn't bad either though...I can implement it if you'd like.

[edit]
Send me a personal mail if you'd like to try it.
[/edit]

Last edited by Joonas; 28th October 2009 at 14:41.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:00   #335
osmosis
Major Dude

I too dropped one your way using the Forum's emailer hoping to try out a newer build. Let me know.

Old 3rd February 2010, 09:03   #336
stopasking
Banned

is Win7 already supported? Does this function in win7? thanks and keep up the good work!
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:37   #337
DrO

best option is to try it out and see if it does. though i'd have expected to have seen people posting if it didn't work.

-daz
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:38   #338
stopasking
Banned

doesn't seem to work for me. I installed the plugin, it shows up in winamp but doesn't work. dragging songs in the playlist results in moving them up or down in the list but that's it.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:51   #339
DrO

best thing is to try to contact Joonas to see if there's something he can do/knows about the issue and if an update/fix can be provided for what you're seeing (as there's no much anyone else can do towards resolving any issues with the plug-in).

-daz
Old 9th February 2010, 17:48   #340
osmosis
Major Dude

Silent errors showing up in Windows 7, discovered them in my system Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: winamp.exe, version: 5.5.7.2830, time stamp: 0x4b4e4d1e
Faulting module name: gen_dragndrop.dll, version: 2.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ae94151
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00003ed3
Faulting process id: 0xee8
Faulting application start time: 0x01caa989c2f0ff00
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\gen_dragndrop.dll
Report Id: ddbb5417-157d-11df-bed0-000d560c8ce3

Old 8th November 2010, 15:50   #341
LionSound

Hello.

This addon doesn't work in the newest version of Winamp. It's. unable to install.
Is there any replacement or any other plugin to copy MP3 from playlist to the desktop for example or another location ?

Regards
LionSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 17:49   #342
osmosis
Major Dude

The installer is broken now too? Either way, that's an older version and Joonas released a few newer ones from his now-defunct Assembla site before his disappearance. Attached you'll find the version I use, which I believe is the newest. Unzip to %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins\. Also included is the latest Beta version of DrO's ML Bookmark Categorizer as it has a work-around for a Bookmark-related bug DnD introduces. To enable this hack, add bk_dnd_hack=1 under [BookmarkCategoriser] in %AppData%\Winamp\winamp.ini

Lots of work and there's still a bug DrO's working on for ML Bookmark Categorizer 1.2.1 stable that hasn't been resolved yet (editing Bookmarks causes a crash), but this is the only way to get Drag 'N' Drop to work these days
Attached Files
File Type: zip GenDnD+MLBmkBeta.zip (73.9 KB, 385 views)
Old 8th November 2010, 18:49   #343
LionSound

Thanks I will test it
LionSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 19:33   #344
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Honestly I still hope, that the functionality will be implemented in the core and that the plugin will be obsolete then.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 22:21   #345
osmosis
Major Dude

Koopa: Agreed! There isn't much that DnD does that other DrO plugins don't (mousewheel blocker, etc., etc.) so really it would just be the drag and drop functionality itself.
Old 14th November 2010, 00:52   #346
Stupifier
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
The installer is broken now too? Either way, that's an older version and Joonas released a few newer ones from his now-defunct Assembla site before his disappearance. Attached you'll find the version I use, which I believe is the newest. Unzip to %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins\. Also included is the latest Beta version of DrO's ML Bookmark Categorizer as it has a work-around for a Bookmark-related bug DnD introduces. To enable this hack, add bk_dnd_hack=1 under [BookmarkCategoriser] in %AppData%\Winamp\winamp.ini

Lots of work and there's still a bug DrO's working on for ML Bookmark Categorizer 1.2.1 stable that hasn't been resolved yet (editing Bookmarks causes a crash), but this is the only way to get Drag 'N' Drop to work these days
Woah....my bookmarks finally work using the above trick! I never knew why they were not working either. I had Drag 'N Drop and ML Bookmark Categoriser both installed. I always checked back on the DrO's bookmark categoriser thread for updates but did not understand what "DND" was....and everyone was referring to it there LOL. Now it makes sense after I got off my lazy ass and searched around.

Thanks DrO!
Stupifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2012, 04:20   #347

finally got the plugin to work again on windows 7... has anyone tried paying and registering recently to see if joonas is still up and about? i'd hate to uninstall this most useful tool but the "not registered" dialog box is getting on my nerves

the old, free version doesnt seem to work on win7
956400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 14:46   #348
Koogle

Was there anything else that could let you drag a song into the ml playlist view to save it?

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 10:44   #349
djpete
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 956400 View Post
finally got the plugin to work again on windows 7... has anyone tried paying and registering recently to see if joonas is still up and about? i'd hate to uninstall this most useful tool but the "not registered" dialog box is getting on my nerves

the old, free version doesnt seem to work on win7
I just paid and Joonas is nowhere to be found. Sent some emails but no reply although the website is still up. See how we go but not looking good.
Yeah I'm uninstalling as the nag is driving me crazy.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 14:23   #350
DrO

the website is hosted by nunzio (same as mine) which is why its still up. I've not seen a trace of joonas in a while so am not surprised you're not having much luck getting a contact response.
Old 24th October 2013, 21:35   #351
djpete
Major Dude

Appreciate the heads up Dr O. You would think he would have closed that plugin then as it still goes to paypal account for payment and all. Hope nothing drastic has happened to him.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development