Old 24th June 2006, 08:11   #121
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by kaatinthehaat
Tried that, didn't work. I think it's something to do with my encryption settings. I think I'll phone Support at Apple.
Figured it out myself. The problem was in the encryption code. I think the Airport Express generates the HEX code from ASCII differently than my router does. The solution was to use a HEX code generator (I used this one: http://www.andrewscompanies.com/tools/wep.asp) and then enter the HEX code directly.

Now it works and I am currently listening to music wirelessly and blissfully!!

80GB 5.5 generation Video iPod

4GB and 8GB gen 2 Nano's with ****+

Winamp 5.52 Pro ; ml_iPod 3.05
kaatinthehaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 13:07   #122
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

I found a better way to transmit to Airport Express. New version of "Airfoil" available at http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/ works very well. Simple, reliable, better sound quality. It will send to multiple Airport Express units. Can be used with several applications, too. It costs $25 but it's worth it.

Old 1st September 2006, 20:24   #123
emilles

Quote:
I found a better way to transmit to Airport Express...Airfoil...
While Airfoil is a good product—had it existed for Windows 6 months ago, I would have never developed an output plug-in to do the same—it still needs to be run separately from Winamp. Personally, I want to double-click a playlist and have it start playing in Winamp to my AirPort Express right away. I do not want to have to remember to do anything else (like run an external program).

The Remote Speakers Output Plug-In is: 1) free, 2) open-source and 3) runs completely within Winamp. So, I will continue to favor it over Airfoil.

Remote Speakers Output Plug-In
Stream audio from Nullsoft Winamp to the Apple AirPort Express (aka AirTunes)
emilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 19:24   #124
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

The problem I found with thae Remote Speakers Plugin is that I couldn't find a way to use it as well as the crossfading output plugin at the same time.

BTW, Airfoil for Windows does not yet support multiple Airport Express units as I had originally thought. Hopefully that will come with time...

Old 27th November 2006, 05:19   #125
pcgalen@yahoo.c

Send a message via Yahoo to pcgalen@yahoo.c
Lyra Wireless

Hello. Just wanted to let everyone know about my new driver for the Lyra Wireless system. It supports winamp and a number of other media players. A free demo is available at http://www.hendersonsoftware.com/pro...lye/index.aspx
pcgalen@yahoo.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 16:25   #126
Grinandbearit

Several earlier posts mentioned winamp crashes with the Multiple Output plug-in. It appears some folks are not having this problem. I continue to have it. After testing several configurations, I believe the MO plugin is the problem, not the Remote Output plugin. I would appreciate any suggestions (I've email the author of MO plugin but no response).
Grinandbearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 09:01   #127
TazDevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinandbearit
Several earlier posts mentioned winamp crashes with the Multiple Output plug-in. It appears some folks are not having this problem. I continue to have it. After testing several configurations, I believe the MO plugin is the problem, not the Remote Output plugin. I would appreciate any suggestions (I've email the author of MO plugin but no response).
Hi,
I have been busy for a while, so i couldnt reply...
In any case you will have to provide me more information about
- what versions you have, MO plugin, Winamp, Windows OS, etc.
- what other output plugins you have
- what configurations you tried
- and when the crash occurs.

so i can locate your bug, unfortunately i dont have the airport express system so i cant work directly with this plugin.

TazDevil

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 14:27   #128
Grinandbearit

TazDevil - I determined there was a more current Multiple Output plugin. Problem fixed.
Grinandbearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:08   #129
dmmh

hello all

I'Ve just bought Airport Express today and am using it with Winamp and the Remote Spakers plugin. When I enable the multi output pluging, I notice severe lag in my music over my wireless network, sound is a few seconds off sadly.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
dmmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:50   #130
emilles

Quote:
Originally posted by dmmh
When I enable the multi output pluging, I notice severe lag in my music over my wireless network, sound is a few seconds off sadly.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
The AirPort Express has a buffer internally that is about 5-10 seconds deep. A future version of the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In will report the correct output latency to the player so that auido can be synchronized.

Old 23rd April 2007, 17:37   #131
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Does this plugin also allow the use of other output plugins such as the SqrSoft crossfading plugin (my personal favorite)?

Old 23rd April 2007, 18:04   #132
emilles

Quote:
Does this plugin also allow the use of other output plugins such as the SqrSoft crossfading plugin (my personal favorite)?
You'll have to provide more detail on how the cross-fading plug-in you describe fits into the picture. All I can tell you now is that the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In uses the same interface as other output plug-ins for interaction with the player and directs audio to the AirPort Express. And that the Multiple Output Plug-In also has the same player interface and directs audio to other plug-ins that implement the output plug-in interface.

Are there DSP cross-fading plug-ins available? Neither the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In or the Multiple Output Plug-In will override your choice of DSP plug-in.

Old 23rd April 2007, 18:30   #133
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

It is called "SqrSoft Advanced Crossfading v1.75". It shows up under Output (not DSP) Plugins in Winamp Preferences. The plugin itself has a setting where one can select a secondary DSP plugin. This is designed for shoutcasting. I'm wondering if the Remote Speakers Output Plugin would work here.

Old 23rd April 2007, 19:31   #134
emilles

I am guessing that the cross-fade plug-in you describe outputs directly to the local PC speakers or hard codes the use of DirectSound or waveOut output. If this is the case, then the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In is incompatible. If the plug-in allows the selection of an output plug-in (i.e. it is configured like a filter rather than an endpoint) then it should work with any output plug-in, including the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In.

Old 23rd April 2007, 19:43   #135
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Yeah, I think it is an end point as you say. Oh well....

Thanks for your info.

Old 29th April 2007, 15:50   #136
dmmh

Quote:
Originally posted by emilles
The AirPort Express has a buffer internally that is about 5-10 seconds deep. A future version of the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In will report the correct output latency to the player so that auido can be synchronized.
great, thanks for the info!
dmmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 23:14   #137
beherenow

Re: New program for Windows

Quote:
Originally posted by lord_spike
I have made oAEP, a program for streaming sound and music to an Airport Extreme for Windows.

Get more info here:
http://www.ovesens.net/oAEP

BTW - Thanks Jon for JustePort
Do I HAVE to have .NET 2.0 in order to run oAEP? Is there any way run it with out .NET?

(and if so -- I'm curious why none of the >100 other programs I use don't require it, but oAEP does -?_

I have this impression that .NET is typical nasty Microsoft crap that will slow down my computer at best, and at worst expose me to worms and viruses and render various programs unuseable.

The latter is the reason I can't use service pack 2 for XP. It makes my computer take SEVEN minutes to start and completely disables Disk Defragmenter, Task Manager, and various 3rd party software.

Apart from that my computer is clean and fast, never had a virus or worm, no adware, malware, got rid of all unnecessary startup junk...it's not worth the risk of screwing this all up just for the Aiport Express plugin.

many thanks
beherenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 00:42   #138
emilles

Re: Re: New program for Windows

Quote:
Originally posted by beherenow
Do I HAVE to have .NET 2.0 in order to run oAEP? Is there any way run it with out .NET?

(and if so -- I'm curious why none of the >100 other programs I use don't require it, but oAEP does -?_

I have this impression that .NET is typical nasty Microsoft crap that will slow down my computer at best, and at worst expose me to worms and viruses and render various programs unuseable.
I had the same complaint with JustePort, oAEP and some other AirTunes solutions. That's why I designed the Remote Speakers Output Plug-In to work without requiring .NET, QuickTime, iTunes or anything else be installed.

Old 22nd May 2007, 03:12   #139
beherenow

re: Remote Speakers Output Plugin

looks great - thanks

I abandoned Winamp years ago (late 90s? early 00s?) coz of some nasty problem - adware or crashes or features that had gone from 'free' to 'pay', can't remember -

anyway it was around the time of the first ad/spyware, before opt-out checkboxes or anything, and once I got even a whiff of that from Winamp, for whatever reason, I dumped it in favor of something genuinely free like Media Player Classic and never went back

however, now that I'm better able to discern shady-ware I guess Winamp's clean so I may give it another try and then get RSOP

RSOP looks good - shame that it doesn't show up in Google searches that turn up oAEP coz I might never have found it if I hadn't come to the Winamp forum!
Old 22nd May 2007, 04:16   #140
emilles

Quote:
Originally posted by beherenow
[Remote Speakers Output Plugin] looks good - shame that it doesn't show up in Google searches that turn up oAEP coz I might never have found it if I hadn't come to the Winamp forum!
Ya, on Google, my web site comes up on something like the fifth page—Yahoo has me in the top three—when looking for Winamp + AirTunes. I really need some help working with web search engines.

What search terms did you use on Google? I might be able to do something to my web page to improve its ranking...then again I might not. But it never hurts to try.

Old 22nd May 2007, 04:29   #141
beherenow

Quote:
Originally posted by emilles
Y
What search terms did you use on Google?
airport express workaround

make airport express work with other media players

To be honest I can't swear that RSOP didn't come up in the first page, coz I didn't read through every result -- I started with only the hits that jumped right out.

I remember ending up at several blogs that mentioned oAEP but not RSOP.
Old 27th July 2007, 20:59   #142
kaatinthehaat
Major Dude

Quote:

Airfoil for Windows does not yet support multiple Airport Express units as I had originally thought. Hopefully that will come with time...
It does now....

Airfoil has just released a new version which sends output from all sorts of media players (including Winamp) to multiple Airport Express units AND syncs it with the local PC speakers. Here is the link if anybody is interested:

http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/

It is $25 well spent if you have Airport Express unit(s).

Old 30th August 2008, 03:03   #143
jlambvo

Eric -

I've been using Airtunes successfully via iTunes. I'm pumped to see this plugin of yours for WinAmp, but after installing it, the base station list says "(none found)". Is there a way to manually enter an IP address? Do I need to be using specific encryption methods, etc?

XP SP2
Winamp 5.541
Zonet ZEW2500P USB Wireless adapter (Ralink 2200)
No other plugins (aside from those installed by default)

Thanks man!
jlambvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 14:09   #144
Scubbo

Thanks and advice

Firstly, this is a fantastic thread which offers me exactly what I was looking for - thank you very much!

I would also like to point out that, for the true Apple-beating experience, you can't go wrong with "iamp remote" by movingapps (www.movingapps.com) - gives you nearly full control over your Winamp playlist, allowing you to control the music on your airtunes speakers from anywhere in the house with an iTouch or iPhone - neat!
(I don't have any affiliation or connection with movingapps - just discovered this thread and wanted to spread the word!)
Scubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 16:03   #145
crlshn

Send a message via ICQ to crlshn Send a message via AIM to crlshn Send a message via Yahoo to crlshn
wonderfull software, thanks to both i've been trying both, after search about a week just to reach the #5 item in google to fix my problem.
crlshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 21:50   #146
TRIPSW

Hi,
I just installed Remote Speakers output (trial) yesterday. It works, but I'm encountering some problems.
First: it plays for a few minutes, anywhere from 2-10, but then it quits. Connection is gone, winamp can' t find the remote speakers anymore. I need to turn the signal off and on again, and I'm good to go for another couple minutes. Same thing over and over again. Already tried several channels, but same same. Any suggestions how to fix it?
Edit: error code 10057.

Second: I now can't play over my computer speakers anymore. Is there any way to switch to those?

And last: I'm now using.... iTunes (disaster! as we all know) because of problem#1. It does keep playing, however every minute or so it pauzes for a second, and then plays on. Anyone..?!

Thanks!

Last edited by TRIPSW; 5th December 2009 at 22:54.
TRIPSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 03:07   #147
TRIPSW

Well, not much changed since my previous post. Got fed up with it, didn't use it for months but decided to give it another try a few days ago.
Using iTunes still gives the same problem, but I found I'm not the only one (http://discussions.apple.com/thread....t=75&tstart=30). Sad that Apple doesn't do anything about it...
Anyway, got another trial for Remote Speaker Output. It never recognizes the Airport Express until I reset it. Then it does recognize it, but no sound whatsoever is coming from the speakers. Woohoo.
Any idea what could be wrong? I'm not gonna use fckng crappy iTunes, especially not with the dropouts. I'm about ready to throw the AE in the garbage. Thanks Apple.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:54   #148
TRIPSW

All still the same. Not one sound from the remote speakers. Last day of the trial. Any suggestions...?
Old 19th November 2013, 11:44   #149
muckster

I can't seem to make remote speakers or the airplay plugin work.

With Airplay, I finally figured out how to install the plugin thanks to this thread. I figured out that I had to run winamp as admin to change the IP. I set it to my airplay-enabled rasperry pi xbmc install, and winamp gives me: connect failed. no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it, and the IP, which is correct. xbmc plays airplay from other devices (ie ipad) just fine.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
muckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development