Old 8th September 2005, 07:04   #41
Dick65

I can't drop to the DL. Am I doing something wrong?

If I have my usb-mp3player as a root in DL it would be very nice to be able to move the files from the playlist editor directly to that drive inside DL.
Dick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 08:04   #42
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick65
I can't drop to the DL. Am I doing something wrong?

If I have my usb-mp3player as a root in DL it would be very nice to be able to move the files from the playlist editor directly to that drive inside DL.
You can only drop to a playlist in DL for now...though I think what you suggest should be implemented.
Joonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 10:15   #43
Dick65

That'll be great

//edit//
On many mp3-players (like mine) the files are sorted in the chronological order in which they are copied to the device. So if it is possible to make it drop the files in the same order they are listed in the playlist editor, that'd be even better.
\\edit\\
Old 8th September 2005, 16:08   #44
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
//edit//
On many mp3-players (like mine) the files are sorted in the chronological order in which they are copied to the device. So if it is possible to make it drop the files in the same order they are listed in the playlist editor, that'd be even better.
\\edit\\
See if version up on site now puts them in the correct order...
Old 9th September 2005, 09:52   #45
Dick65

Perfect! Drops files to WindowsExplorer works just fine in the order of the PlaylistEditor.

As long as d/d to a folder inside DL does not work, drop to an usb device will not work either, obviously.
Old 9th September 2005, 14:24   #46
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Perfect! Drops files to WindowsExplorer works just fine in the order of the PlaylistEditor.

As long as d/d to a folder inside DL does not work, drop to an usb device will not work either, obviously.
Doesn't it work in DL now? Latest release should work...?
Old 10th September 2005, 00:38   #47
Dick65

Brilliant - works fine now (probably again was some restriction on my pc in the office). It does copy files in the order they are dragged from PE.

Great way to fill your usb player. Makes gen_yar unnecessary unless you need its feature of adding consecutive numbers to the files - which I don't.

When dragging to Burrrn or Feurio, these programs will re-sort alphabetically. But still a very easy way to prepare burning mixed CDs.
Dragging to Nero it keeps up the order from PE.

Very nice. Nothing more I could think of right now.
Old 11th September 2005, 01:09   #48
c2phace

Hello I just heard about your plugin and was really excited to get it. I always wanted something of this type so I can drag files into Nero from winamp instead of looking through all my folders. Anyway just installed it and gave it a try, and it completely locked up my PC 100%. Not even Ctrl+Alt+Del is working. Any info would be great. Im am going to try and re-download and intall this plugin to check the install.
Good luck on further devolopment.
c2phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 01:15   #49
c2phace

Okay, well... turns out that it was a bad install. So, I apologize for the first post I should have tried it first. Anyway Great job, and Great Plugin.
Old 11th September 2005, 13:23   #50
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
jonas did you sumbit the plugin you wanted

j/k ...because its named test_plugin

I love it, say goodbye to gen_yar and hello to dragndrop for my mp3 playlist burning needs. (as well as what i will suggest anytime anyone asks how to burn mp3 cds from wa)
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 14:32   #51
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
jonas did you sumbit the plugin you wanted

j/k ...because its named test_plugin

I love it, say goodbye to gen_yar and hello to dragndrop for my mp3 playlist burning needs. (as well as what i will suggest anytime anyone asks how to burn mp3 cds from wa)
huh? I had tons of problem submitting it...so I tried the name test_plugin...but I thought I changed it? Where does it say?
Old 11th September 2005, 14:36   #52
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

the .exe file you download
Old 11th September 2005, 14:39   #53
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by billyvnilly
the .exe file you download
How brillant...it updated the name but not the exe-file...which wasn't named test_plugin.exe to begin with I mind you...
Old 11th September 2005, 15:05   #54
DrO

the submission system is a pain (especially more so for plugins it seems )

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 15:07   #55
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
the submission system is a pain (especially more so for plugins it seems )

-daz
Can it be fixed any other way than delete and re-submit?
Old 11th September 2005, 15:16   #56
DrO

not that i know of (i remember being harassed by a polish language pack person about wanting the download name to be updated and it couldn't). anyway does the download name really matter as long as it's working and installs fine

-daz
Old 11th September 2005, 16:53   #57
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
not that i know of (i remember being harassed by a polish language pack person about wanting the download name to be updated and it couldn't). anyway does the download name really matter as long as it's working and installs fine

-daz
no I guess not...just thought maybe some newbie might freak and not react like billy :P
Old 11th September 2005, 17:04   #58
siebe83
Forum King

I've uploaded installer here (hope you don't mind, jonas ) and updated site accordingly.

In future, maybe it'd be nice to mention the website URL somewhere in your installer and/or at the config page of the plugin

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 17:33   #59
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

i pimped the plugin at mp3tag, but could not find a nero forum to do the same(alot of unofficial sites though).

request. this request comes about after i was testing plugin with nero to burn mp3 cd. can you add a dialog to enumerate the files (001,002,003) so mp3 discs stay in order. i cant think of any other purpose for enumrating the files except for keeping mixes in order and mp3 burning(since the files are added alphabetically) so you'd prob want to let the user be able to turn off the dialog box.
Old 11th September 2005, 18:16   #60
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
no I guess not...just thought maybe some newbie might freak and not react like billy :P
a n00b actually read the name of the file they are downloading... what a shocking comment to even suggest that happens

-daz
Old 12th September 2005, 03:15   #61
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

I see dnd has been taken down. lol. poor n00bs. but dont worry theyve got joonas looking out for them.
Old 13th September 2005, 19:17   #62
c2phace

Hello again, yes I am a noob and know next to nothing about programming plugins, however I know pretty much about computers. I just thought I would let you know Drag n Drop is crashing my PC again. Complete and total crash. Works for about 3 or 4 drags then locks up upon clicking to drag. A forced restart is the only option. Already tried a complete clean reinstall, does not solve the problem.

Windows 2000 sp4
I am also running Soulseek and Nero when this occurs.

Ilove this plugin and hope I can get it to work more consitently for me. Thank you.
Old 13th September 2005, 19:23   #63
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by c2phace
Hello again, yes I am a noob and know next to nothing about programming plugins, however I know pretty much about computers. I just thought I would let you know Drag n Drop is crashing my PC again. Complete and total crash. Works for about 3 or 4 drags then locks up upon clicking to drag. A forced restart is the only option. Already tried a complete clean reinstall, does not solve the problem.

Windows 2000 sp4
I am also running Soulseek and Nero when this occurs.

Ilove this plugin and hope I can get it to work more consitently for me. Thank you.
Hmm...well you have to give me something to work with here...what do you drag? To where? Does it happen every time? Etc etc...
Old 13th September 2005, 21:28   #64
c2phace

I am dragging with the default ctrl+shift (if I set it to use the middle mouse button it crashes opun the first drag). I am dragging .mp3 files from my playlist into nero. It works a few times then crashes immediatly upon the ctrl+shift click. I have chacked the Event viewer but there are no error logs that pretain to the problem. Thnk you.
Old 14th September 2005, 04:57   #65
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by c2phace
I am dragging with the default ctrl+shift (if I set it to use the middle mouse button it crashes opun the first drag). I am dragging .mp3 files from my playlist into nero. It works a few times then crashes immediatly upon the ctrl+shift click. I have chacked the Event viewer but there are no error logs that pretain to the problem. Thnk you.
Are you running a complete clean Winamp installation then? With no 3rd-party plugin except drag 'n drop?

[edit]
You are still not telling me anything useful mind you...things that could mess up is for example what mp3s you are dragging...say the length of their path or something. "It's not working" or "It's crashing" is to general to give me something to bug-track with...

Also note that it is likely something specific about your installation or, as I noted before, what you are dragging since this plugin works okay for most people.
[/edit]
Old 15th September 2005, 07:35   #66
c2phace

Alright if I am the only one with this problem I will figure it out. I will check paths and file stats. and maybe I will find something that is causing this. I will get back to you if I come up with anything worth telling. Thank you for your time.
Old 28th September 2005, 03:31   #67
c2phace

Problem solved, had nothing to do with this Plug-in. Everyone get this! NOW. Its great.
Old 4th November 2005, 03:43   #68
illused

OMG... yes... i fianlly thought i'd try to tell the winamp guys to include this, found my way to the common sugegstions cause i thought everyone would want this, and look, someones made it. AFTER i spent an hour making a playlist that probably would have only taken 30min with this plugin :@
Thanks heaps, great work.
[edit] works great too =)
illused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 06:05   #69
minicole828

This plugin can't copy for multiple files.

I already used it. It's great. And I think it should copy for multiple files.
minicole828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:30   #70
ziege

Hey this plugin rocks! Gives Winamp some functionality it really lacked. Now I can burn MP3 discs without having to right-click, view file info, then go look for the damn file... you've saved me a LOT of time, thanks.

One thing though: I get the same problem as another guy, only the file you click to drag gets copied over, not all the ones selected. I went and got the newest Winamp (5.12) and did a clean install (no other plugs) but same thing.

But still a huge time-saver even when doing one file at a time!

WIP: NSX-999
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 07:10   #71
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ziege
Hey this plugin rocks! Gives Winamp some functionality it really lacked. Now I can burn MP3 discs without having to right-click, view file info, then go look for the damn file... you've saved me a LOT of time, thanks.

One thing though: I get the same problem as another guy, only the file you click to drag gets copied over, not all the ones selected. I went and got the newest Winamp (5.12) and did a clean install (no other plugs) but same thing.

But still a huge time-saver even when doing one file at a time!
This plugin is buggy, and I haven't had time in ages to even look at it...
Old 18th February 2006, 04:51   #72
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
A brilliant plug-in. Expedites the process of making mix cds tremendously . alas, to my dismay it is incompatable with Winamp 5.2 due to some changes in the way it handles plug-in's.

as discussed here

If you could be ever so generous as too work around this hang up I would appreciate it greatly . Its an excellent concept and I thank you for coding it and sharing it.
EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 16:21   #73
Joonas
Forum King

Drag 'n drop from Playlist Editor v1.0a released

* This version requires Winamp 5.2 to work.
* Drag 'n drop are activated by holding down the mouse a little bit (parts of a second) before moving the mouse. If you move too quickly you just move the files as Winamp works by default. Try it out and comment. This WILL be the activation method however. It can be tweaked if someone has good ideas, but it won't be changed.

Comments and ideas please.

http://nunzioweb.com/joonas/gen_dragndrop.zip
Old 26th February 2006, 16:34   #74
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
and then there was much rejoicing
EfaustuS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 16:46   #75
Joonas
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by EfaustuS9
and then there was much rejoicing
Modern skin seems broken...will attempt to fix it.

[edit]
Note: only XP is tested too...so win2k and other OS's can cause problems..
[/edit]
Old 26th February 2006, 17:42   #76
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Joonas
* Drag 'n drop are activated by holding down the mouse a little bit (parts of a second) before moving the mouse. If you move too quickly you just move the files as Winamp works by default.
I'm having some trouble with this part. I am using Windows 2000 and dual monitors. I'll keep trying until I get the hang of it. ...tests... Ah it's the 2nd monitor that's giving trouble. If the playlist editor is on the primary monitor it drags & drops fine. So drag & drop is working with Windows 2000 but not with dual monitors on 2000. [edit]That is, on the second monitor clicking and dragging the file moves it up and down on the playlist only[/edit].

Thanks for the update. It's been hard going without my favorite plugins.

p.s. Would you consider bringing back clicking both mouse buttons to drag?
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 20:13   #77
Joonas
Forum King

Update

Probably should work better now. And in both modern and classic. Response is welcome.

Early Devil: the less I have to hack the playlist the better...all special keys, both mouse buttons down etc. are ugly hacks. I prefer not to...

nunzioweb.com/joonas/gen_dragndrop.zip
Old 26th February 2006, 22:58   #78
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

Dual-monitor use is fixed now, thanks. I see what you mean about wanting to avoid hacks. The left-click & drag is just fine, just took a minute or two to get used to.

Thanks again for the update.
Best,
M
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 12:06   #79
carlosp
Major Dude

i loved the option to choose how you want to work. Seriosly the option with holding it longer is to slow for me. if it is possible please add that function.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 11:42   #80
jcdberkeley

This plug-in is wonderful, and I greatly appreciate the effort that has plugged what was, for me, a gaping hole in Winamp's functionality. I eagerly await D&D support in the Media Library, though I understand that's more an issue for the Winamp developers than for a plug-in author.

Regarding this plug-in, however, I do have a couple of points I wanted to make. I've noticed that sorting files in the playlist works properly, but any selected files will be duplicated... so if the whole list is selected, the whole list gets sorted, then repeated, giving two copies of every song, in order; if 5 songs are selected, the list gets sorted, then those 5 songs will be duplicated at the end of the list, also in order. Is this from the plug-in, or a bug in the latest version of Winamp? I don't really want to uninstall it to check, but I am using Winamp 5.21 (Mar 10 2006) and D&D plug in version 1.0a.

I'd also like to join those users asking for a return of the options [middle-click, right-click, etc] for the D&D function, though my reason is different from theirs. I actually like the way it works now, but the current click-hold method lacks something I liked about the middle-click version: right-click emulation. What I mean by that is that when I used to use middle-click to select files to drag & drop, when i finally dropped them in Explorer I was given the same options that I would have if I'd right-clicked the files in Explorer -- Copy Here, Move Here, and Create Shortcut(s) Here. The current version of Drag & Drop doesn't give those options, which can be very useful to have. Could they somehow be implemented with the current method, or not so much?

Thanks again for this plug-in; regardless of my gripes, it's probably my favorite plug-in of all time
jcdberkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development