Old 27th April 2005, 09:55   #201
shaneh
Major Dude

Yeah, the title updates when they stuff up will not show the headphones or anything. As I said, I am not sure what causes it, at this time I can only think it may be a bug in Messenger.

Strange that gen_msn is working though. I assume you are talking about my gen_msn plugin. The code is basically the same. Have you enabled MSN title updates in the config? You could try renaming/deleting toaster.ini and restarting winamp/messenger. This will reset your config to something which should work.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2005, 10:02   #202
shaneh
Major Dude

FAQ: MSN Messenger Now Playing Title updates aren't working

There seems to be a bug with MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 where the titles will not be updated if you sign into Messenger without opening the messenger window. (ie, you right-click and sign in using the icon in the tray). To fix this, turn off the 'sign in automatically' option, restart Messenger and open the main contact list and click 'Sign in'

Its possible that if the network goes down and you get signed out, then automatically signed back in, this could happen again.

Whatever the case, it appears to be a bug in Messenger, and not the plugins, as this also happens with the Windows Media Player plugin.

[This has been my experience at least]
Old 28th April 2005, 14:00   #203
gormster

okay, yet another strange occurence - i've restarted my computer since installing, and suddenly the titles have disappeared.

the thing is, this is not the first i've heard of this. in the forums at http://www.msnfanatic.com i've heard some things about the feature not working after restart. i'm not too sure if this is the fault of the plugin or msn messenger, but am i the only one to experience this with the gen_msn plugin?
gormster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2005, 14:04   #204
gormster

argh! my bad.

it does work now, but i have a sort of bug/feature request: the plugin will only work if you start msn, THEN winamp. given that i'm going to have to manually log in to msn to get this working, could we get it so msn starting after winamp will still get the message?
gormster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2005, 14:14   #205
shaneh
Major Dude

It works fine for me regardless of the order I start the apps in. Did you read that FAQ posting above?
Old 1st May 2005, 22:20   #206
Javito

change msn buddy by coverart it is possible?
Javito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 04:21   #207
Javito

My toaster skin ;D

Preview (trackmode)

Preview (http mode)
Attached Files
File Type: rar silverskin_toaster.rar (48.5 KB, 1196 views)
Old 4th May 2005, 21:01   #208
dham84

Hey, I love you plug-in but i have a suggestion, make it work with special characters, for example, I hear a lot of Björk's music, but you plug-in puts the name like this:
Bj(strange char here)rk

It would be great if you can fix this

NEVERMIND...IT WORKS NOW.....!!! JEJE

Last edited by dham84; 4th May 2005 at 21:42.
dham84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 13:22   #209
D-Reaper

Is it possible to show the artist, title and the album at the same time on messenger?
D-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 12:17   #210
shaneh
Major Dude

Use:
{0} = %title%
{1) = %artist%
{2} = %album%

MSN Format = {1} - {0} - {2}
Old 15th May 2005, 14:33   #211
HaloHQ

I really like Toaster and Tips, thanks shaneh. I think toaster is about perfect, but I have a few suggestions for tips. It would be cool if it also supported album art (it doesn't already, right?), so you could just hover the mouse over the song to see its cover art. Also, something I always notice is that I usually go up and down the playlist with the scroll wheel, but even though the mouse is over a song it doesnt update the tip until I move the mouse again. Is there a way that you could make it so that it updated the tip whenever the mouse was over a new song instead of whenever the mouse is moved onto a new song (if you use the scroll wheel, the mouse technically doesn't move even though the playlist does behind it)? In any case, both plugins are still great .
HaloHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 20:21   #212
HaloHQ

Custom skin I made for MMD3 . BTW, I just realized there is a seperate thread for the tips plugin, sorry I posted those suggestions here. I found out about the tips plugin after it installed with the toaster plugin so I just figured this thread was for both.
Attached Images
File Type: png toaster-mmd3-skin.png (34.5 KB, 1007 views)

Last edited by HaloHQ; 15th May 2005 at 22:19.
HaloHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 03:14   #213
shaneh
Major Dude

@HaloHQ: There is no support for images in tooltips using the native API, that would require effectively making a toaster window thing in place of the tip. Which of course is possible, but would require a bit of effort. Plus it would be quite a bit lagged up as it would need to find and read the images on disk everytime you move your mouse about the playlist. So probably some caching/pre-caching would be required, increasing the amount of effort required.

So, its possible, but a bit of an effort to do it well, which is the only way I would be prepared to do it.

Its something I might consider as a future project, but not something that you can expect to see anytime soon as a small upgrade to the existing tips plugin.
Old 21st May 2005, 19:35   #214
Harmonica

shaneh: first off, great plugin, easily one of the most useful and neatest that I've found for Winamp, so kudos.

I have a fairly simple problem, not sure if it ammounts to a bug or not - everything is working fine, popups, cover art, MSN message updating, but with the latter it doesn't seem to adjust the format of the MSN message when I try things like

{1} - {0} (artist first)
or adding {3} for my ratings

It simply stays as Title - Artist.

I've looked at the actual $code in Toaster and it seems fine - I've not changed that from the default.

Any ideas?
Harmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2005, 01:48   #215
shaneh
Major Dude

Do you have a file called gen_msn.dll in your plugins directory? If you have installed one of those MSN Messenger "packs" they have most likely installed such a plugin ever so helpfully for you. This will be overriding anything Toaster sets.
Old 22nd May 2005, 23:06   #216
Harmonica

I don't have a gen_msn.dll file :/

edit: it is now working. I didn't change anything! Must've been a glitch in the matrix.

Cheers for the help.

edit 2: okay, now it's not working again, and I don't think it was before. After a second Messenger swaps back the format to Title - Artist, and removes any other information! The hell?

This doesn't happen with all tracks, but if I skip forward then back they'll also be swapped over by Messenger.

Anyone had this problem?

Last edited by Harmonica; 22nd May 2005 at 23:44.
Old 23rd May 2005, 03:15   #217
Harmonica

Further information: when I rate a song that is playing (causing Toaster to pop up) it overrides the 'title - artist' format of the messenger song info with my format (and it stays like that til the next song, which is then the wrong way round..)
Old 23rd May 2005, 08:50   #218
shaneh
Major Dude

It sounds a lot like you have another plugin installed doing that. Go into winamp preferences, general plugins, and look at the list. If theres anything there other than Toaster, Library, hot keys and skins support and maybe jtfe and tray control, then you probably have a conflicting plugin.
Old 23rd May 2005, 11:04   #219
brotherS

Hi shaneh,

I have a question about the future of v0.7.5: Could you please add an option to display toasts if one tries to raise the volume past 100%? I just want the toast to show up so that I recognize I'm already at 100%.

Oh yeah, and it would be great if one could force the global hotkey for showing toasts to show a toast for a buffering stream even if one uses the "filter buffer titles in http streams", maybe with an additional "global hotkey overrides filter option"?

Thanks for the great plugin!
brotherS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 20:37   #220
Harmonica

shaneh: I do have AMIP installed, which sends song info to mIRC, so maybe that is sending the song info in the wrong format or something.

My pseudo-solution is to simply hit my shortcut keys for applying 'no rating' to the song playing (or the same rating if it already has one) to fix up the formatting in Messenger. I don't know if there's anything else I can do..
Old 23rd May 2005, 22:15   #221
shaneh
Major Dude

Yes, AMIP sends this information. You will need to configure it not to if thats what you want.
Old 2nd June 2005, 11:16   #222
damage07

Send a message via ICQ to damage07
hi Shane,
love the plugin. I've tried to download 0.7.5, but all I get is 0.7.4. Is this a bad thing? Not sure if it is actuall 0.7.5 and you haven't updated the version in the About tab and on the info page supplied with the installer. I don't know if I really need the update anyway really ... works fine so far.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know, thanks for the plugin!

Rog

SDMF #581
damage07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 11:24   #223
shaneh
Major Dude

I have updated the changes in the about page etc, you have a different version.

The only difference you are likely to notice is the configuration saving is lagged up in that version but improved in 0.7.5. Not a big deal as its not something you do that often.

The outdated version issue is due a bad nullsoft download server. I just checked two of them and they are both serving up 0.7.4 for some reason. If you want the update, just keep trying and you may eventually get a server serving up the newer version. I have no control over this or any idea why it is happening.
Old 10th June 2005, 21:28   #224
SKL74

Hi,

I'm new to Winamp but it seems to be a great piece of player. I found the toaster-plugin but I can't get a skin which looks like the original windows notification, shown on the site of the developer of toaster.

Toaster website

Could anybody help me?

cu
Sebastian
SKL74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2005, 11:14   #225
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
see attached file for the skin
Attached Files
File Type: zip toaster-skins-0.7rc5.zip (74.8 KB, 854 views)

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2005, 09:48   #226
SKL74

@VOODOOpower

Thanks a lot for the skins.

cu
Sebastian
Old 12th June 2005, 21:22   #227
SKL74

Hi again,

installed the toaster plugin und it works fine.

But some of the IDTag-Images oder Folder-Images were not shown. Anybody know this problem?

cu
Sebastian
Old 12th June 2005, 22:06   #228
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by SKL74
Hi again,

installed the toaster plugin und it works fine.

But some of the IDTag-Images oder Folder-Images were not shown. Anybody know this problem?

cu
Sebastian
make sure you enabled the "use ID3v2 covers" in the toaster options under "cover"
you also can extend the list for the album covers in the option "use folder images"

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 13:29   #229
SKL74

Sure, both options are enabled.

The mp3 has a cover image in IDTag. The folder.jpg exists in the folder and windows shows it in the explorer.

But Toaster doesn't.

cu
Sebastian
Old 13th June 2005, 13:35   #230
shaneh
Major Dude

Does it show it when you disable the ID3 cover option? its possible Toaster is trying to use the ID3 image but it is failing for whatever reason (theres no real standard with cover images in tags, some say it shouldnt even be done at all, Toaster just uses the first image it finds in the tag), and not trying the folder.jpg because it thinks it has found the image.

What is your file imagees spec? it should be something like %dir%\\folder.jpg;%dir%\\..\\folder.jpg

If all else fails, just delete/rename Toaster.ini and it will revert to defaults. Also, 0.7.5 is now finally available from the plugin site. Its been available for months, but the nullsoft servers have been serving up the wrong version up until today.
Old 13th June 2005, 19:28   #231
SKL74

Hi,

using the actual version and deleting the toaster.ini and it works fine.

Thanks a lot.

cu
Sebastian
Old 13th June 2005, 20:59   #232
Witchking

Send a message via ICQ to Witchking
Covers problem

The problem is quite simple:
I have a folder named "mp3".
There is a lot of mp3 in there (trust me or not!)
Also there is a lot of covers coming from WMP (AlbumArt_ blablabla).
When I play a mp3 file with WinAmp, Toaster is loading the small window at the bottom right of my screen with the wrong cover.
So I try to play another song and same problem: wrong cover BUT the same cover as the first mp3.
Then every file I play from this folder have the same cover image.
I think it as something to do with the "Covers" tab in the Toaster configuration window.
Witchking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 22:39   #233
devils night

changing toaster image

hey guys I was wondering if there is a way to change the image in the toast pop up from the llama to a custom one?

Proud Winamp user since 1997
(Winamp 1.006)
devils night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 03:43   #234
bangbang023

Send a message via AIM to bangbang023 Send a message via Yahoo to bangbang023
I was wondering, is there a command similar to $tab() in foobar for this plugin? I know /n works for a new line, but I need to insert a tab.
bangbang023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 08:08   #235
damage07

Send a message via ICQ to damage07
can we put requests in here?
I'd like to be able to specify the size of the image displayed instead of having to fit x% within a space specified by a slide bar. A couple of text fields translating pixels would be nice. So you can specify the cover to be 300 x 300 etc, and options to keep aspect ratio or stretch etc too would be cool.

And also, a 'help' button that will open up the doco at least. Annoying having to find the html file everytime I need to look up the codes for the text.

Thanks. Any indication if these are possible?

SDMF #581
damage07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2005, 12:22   #236
shaneh
Major Dude

@Witchking:
Toaster uses your filespec in order from left to right after applying ATF formatting to each spec. If you have more than one image file, you need to use ATF to make sure Toaster is able to know what file you want. It cannot read minds just yet.

@devils night:
edit Winamp\toast_track.png to whatever you want it to be.

@bangbang023:
No there is no tab support yet.

@damage07:
You can edit Toaster.ini to specify exact values. You can click the 'www.myplugins.info' button then navigate to the documentation online, or just create a shortcut to it on your desktop. Its not terribly high priority.
Old 19th June 2005, 22:26   #237
Javito

My new toaster skin

Preview:

Download:
Attached Files
File Type: zip transa.zip (27.0 KB, 1002 views)
Old 25th June 2005, 04:36   #238
choiuno

Hi!!
Sorry for posting in this thread.

It's a simple question:

Do i need to install WMP in order to use the MSN Messenger Status Plugin v0.21 (gen_msn)?? Cuz it doesn't work for me . By the way i have Windows 98SE.

Sorry for my crappy english.

Greetz
choiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2005, 01:11   #239
shaneh
Major Dude

Yes, Messenger checks if WMP is installed before enabling that feature. You could try trick Messenger into thinking it is installed using some registry entries. Ive attached a couple .reg files you could merge and see if that works, should do. As for Win98, that is no longer a supported OS, and I have no idea whether it will work on that. It wont work on Win 3.11 either.
Attached Files
File Type: zip enable_msn_psm.zip (894 Bytes, 718 views)
Old 26th June 2005, 02:31   #240
choiuno

Thanks for the answer shaneh and thanks for the files!!

I couldn't merge the files with my registry, i'm guessing it's for the S.O. that stores the .reg files in a different way win98 does. But i managed to create the values by hand.

I don't know how gen_msn works, and i don't know nothing about programming, i guess it hooks up the psmsong.dll, but i think i'm wrong.

Anyway, it's obvious that u need that file, so Ive attached the dll ver. 7.0.0604, the language of the file is Spanish(Spain) (but i'm not from Spain) and i used it on Windows 98 SE.

Even with the registry keys, it didn't work . MSN Messenger keep asking me to install WMP when i tried to activate(sp) that setting . So i played with the registy and modified the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<*the user ID*>\ShowTransientPSM and changed the HEX value to 1

And it worked Woohooo !!!!

I hope this was useful to somebody.

Greetz
Salu2

(Again, i apologize for my english)
choiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development