Old 26th June 2005, 02:35   #241
shaneh
Major Dude

Hmm, ok, I noticed that key being used. I think its just the setting for whether it is enabled or not, thus skipping the WMP check. If you were to disable it in Messenger, then try to re-enable it, you may run into the problem again.

The psmsong.dll isn't needed for gen_msn or Toaster to work. psmsong.dll is just the WMP plugin which does the same thing, but for WMP.

If you use regmon and filemon from sysinternals.com, you will be able to see what Messenger is looking for, and whether is succeeds or fails in opening particular registry keys or files etc. Which can give you a hint as to what it looks for to see if WMP is installed. This is where I got the keys that I attached.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2005, 02:50   #242
choiuno

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
Hmm, ok, I noticed that key being used. I think its just the setting for whether it is enabled or not, thus skipping the WMP check.
Yup, you are right. That's what that key does.

And, yeah if you disable it in the messenger and re-enabled it, it asks you to install WMP. Nothing that a simple .reg file can't fix.

I guess it would be way easier to install WMP, but i don't want to. It's a terrible program (IMHO) and it's bloated with a lot of features that i don't want/need.

Quote:
The psmsong.dll isn't needed for gen_msn or Toaster to work. psmsong.dll is just the WMP plugin which does the same thing, but for WMP.
OK, so what's the point o that registry key?
i couldn't attach the file anyway :P (i don't now how to use the forum)

Saludos
choiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2005, 02:53   #243
shaneh
Major Dude

The registry key which references psmsong.dll, is just to let WMP know about the plugin (plugins for WMP must be registered in the registry). Messenger checks this key to see if that plugin is installed for WMP, but does not actually use the file. WMP loads the file and uses it, in the same way Winamp loads and uses gen_msn.

/EDIT: Did you just create the keys, or did you create the values under those keys too? Be sure to have the "Version" String item item under:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}]
Old 26th June 2005, 03:12   #244
shaneh
Major Dude

I have attached the .reg files that should be compatible with 98.
Attached Files
File Type: zip enable_psm_98.zip (711 Bytes, 541 views)
Old 26th June 2005, 03:27   #245
choiuno

Of course i created the values !!!!!
Why??

I think the value of the Version string also can be 9,0,0,2980

Thanks for the new registry files
choiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 17:32   #246
ummowoa

null strings on toaster

hallo shaneh, your plugin really rocks!!

plz, help me on ATF
why I can't manage 'null' strings?

for example
code:
$if(%cmp(:artist=)%,(%watitle%,%artist%)

the above example compares the artist tag with a null string, then if, tag is found, will show the %title%, but, if the tag artist is empty, just show the playlist title (artist - title, as usual...) but this doesnt work. I can't find a way to manage a null string... even in :tagl too, on files without tags, no returns '0' length.

what I can do?
and don't blame my english
ummowoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 22:21   #247
shaneh
Major Dude

You are better off just using

$if2(%artist%, %watitle%)

Its possible youre artist field is not really empty. You could try having just:

%tagln(:artist)%

to check the length of the field. (maybe you already did that?). If its not returning zero, maybe its fulll of spaces or something. Anyway, the $if2 stuff should work.
Old 28th June 2005, 23:24   #248
ummowoa

Quote:
You are better off just using

$if2(%artist%, %watitle%)
clean and simple!
it works!

thanks mate!!!
ummowoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 21:31   #249
ar_rivkin

hey
i got a problem with the plugin
it doesnt show any text in the popup when i change songs, just empty skin
what can be the problem?
i use winamp 5 and win xp...
ar_rivkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 00:58   #250
shaneh
Major Dude

Try a different font.
Old 5th July 2005, 02:10   #251
devils night

Quote:
It wont work on Win 3.11 either.
Does anything work on that anymore?

Proud Winamp user since 1997
(Winamp 1.006)
devils night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2005, 03:21   #252
shaneh
Major Dude

Nah I doubt it, that was kind of my point. You can't expect software to work on outdated and unsupported OSs. Which is what I consider '9x these days.
Old 10th July 2005, 06:55   #253
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
I was just thinking, it might be a good idea to remove the attachment from the first post in the thread and replace it with a link to your site. I was confused until I read the thread, I thought that .7 RC1 was the latest version. ^.~ I think other people are still downloading it, from the downloadcount.

I know it doesn't currently support custom tags, even though the input plugin can format them into the title, but do you know any way to perhaps make the media library incorporate them into the title? (Swap %title% to %title%[ %custom%] in the meta-gathering.)
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 07:00   #254
shaneh
Major Dude

Yeah, thats the reason I dont like posting up beta previews etc. Unfortuantly you cannot edit posts after x hours on this board so theres nothing I can do. That version should show a popup dialog saying its a test I think.

Toaster will display custom tags if they exist in the media library. The difficult part is to get them into the ML. If you write a plugin which simply puts whatever tags you want as extended_info items in your ML, Toaster will make use of it. I am not aware of such a plugin, though ActiveWinamp will eventually allow this sort of stuff to be done quite easily. I may add it to ML tree someday too.
Old 10th July 2005, 08:23   #255
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
That would be very cool, thanks. I'd give it a shot, but I think last time I tried Borland builder and the WA sdk didn't play nice. I guess I'll wait for ActiveWinamp to get it.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 12:51   #256
digfish

Hi. This is my first post in this forum. I would like to greet the autor of this great plugin that I've been using for more than one year. However, recently I have upgraded the toaster from version 0.3, to the last version (0.75) and the problem is that the playcount of some song sometimes does not appear. I checked my Toaster.ini and I can't find any problem. I post the relevant section of Toaster.ini where you can see for yourself

FormatLine1A=%plpos%/%pllen% $if(%ishttp%,,'('%lengthf%')' $if(%cmp(:status=New Rating)%,Rating,))
FormatLine2A=$if(%ishttp%,%watitle%,$if2([%tracknumber%. ]%title%,$filepart(%filename%)))
FormatLine3A=$if(%ishttp%,%filename%,%artist%)
FormatLine4A=$if(%ishttp%,,$if2(%album%,%parentdir%))
FormatLine1B=$if(%ishttp%,Internet Radio,[$if2(%ratingstar%,Unrated)][ '('%playcount%')']) %bitrate% Kbps

FormatLine2B=
FormatLine3B=
FormatLine4B=
RatingStars=*****

I don't understand what could be the origin of this error. Sometimes the playcount appear, but most often doesn't appear. The same thing applies to the song rating as any other information that should be get from the Media Library.

Thanks for your Attention,

Samuel Viana
Portugal

P.S.: And excuse me for my poor english
digfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2005, 14:53   #257
shaneh
Major Dude

0.3? Thats a while back..

Seeing as youve upgraded from 0.3, it would be wise to delete Toaster.ini, as there are a couple incompatibilities from the old version.

If that doesn't work:

Do you have the ML set to load on startup? Toaster requires the ML be loaded for it to function correctly (though it should start it when it needs it, in theory).

I assume you are using the latest version of Winamp? (5.093). Toaster no longer works with the 2.0 series.

Can you check that gen_tips is able to show playcount and ratings etc correctly.

---

I am pretty sure its the Toaster.ini old settings causing the problem, as there were some changes which broke things, such as the switch to the use of ATF for folder images etc. I thought that was all, but it would be worth trying anyway.
Old 10th July 2005, 15:55   #258
digfish

Thanks for your quick reply. I already solved the problem. Deleting the Toaster.ini was too drastic because doing that i was going to loose all my personal profiles. So I thought the problem could be caused by Media Library was not loading at the startup, and really it was!
I didn't knew where the option to reactivate the loading of the Media Library was located in the Winamp Preferences, but I've finally found it in Media Library > Advanced Library Preferences, 4th checkbox!

And, once again, excuse me for my poor english.

Best regards from Portugal
digfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 20:13   #259
net-cruizer

Is this plug-in still in development by any chance?
Been quite some time since a new release.
Not that it's not working great already, lol, I just figured by now that somethin would have been figured out on getting rid of the stream url from the toast popup and Messenger display. Seeing is that Winamp itself doesn't show the url in the playlist or song title area in the main player window, I'd think there should be a way to remove that url info. Sure would be nicer, lol.
Also... if possable, the chance of being able to add a custom address for when someone clicks on the song info of what the contact is listening to, would have them go to the specified address instead of a MSN Search.

Thanx.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2005, 14:10   #260
shaneh
Major Dude

You can use %watitle% to get stream titles like that. $if(%ishttp%, %watitle%, %title%).

Winamp does not provide an API to get stream titles like that are displayed in the playlist. This seems to be yet another hacked up job.

The url 'info' is part of the title as sent by the server. It can be anything the server likes, so theres no generic 'get rid of it' technique. There is no way to distinguish between the url spam and the title.

I guess winamp is using some kind of ID3 extension to streams to get the title separate and using that for the playlist. %watitle% lets you use that.
Old 16th July 2005, 08:33   #261
digitalruse

Toaster has worked out pretty well so far, but I am stuck on two things:

1.) For some reason I have to press a global hotkey twice in order to get the Toaster to appear.

2.) Here is my line 2 in my config, pretty standard:

$if2(%tracknumber%. ,)$if(%ishttp%,$if(%cmp(:tagln(:watitle)>65)%,$cut(%watitle%,65)...,%watitle%),$if(%cmp(:tagln(:title)>65)%,$cut(%title%,65)...,%title%))

However, it is not displaying 60 characters and there is plenty of room to do so. Is there a hard coded truncation, or something else I am missing?

Again, nice work with this plugin, can't wait to see more. And thanks in advance for the help.
-DR
digitalruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2005, 05:27   #262
TerrenceB

Toaster Stays Transparent. Win2000, WinAmp 5.09, Toaster 0.7.5, Opacity slide to the far right. Deleted .ini. Reinstalled, tried with default settings. It's transparent even when using cusom skin. Because its transparent the mouse commands, like rating, don't work. Any ideas.

I suppose its a conflict with my video card because if I start 'puter w/ VGA only Toaster is solid. However, I have had this card for years and never had a prob before. ELSA GLoria II Pro w/ NVIDIA Quado processor.
TerrenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2005, 13:55   #263
shaneh
Major Dude

@digitalruse: Not sure about your problems, perhaps its something to do with your input plugin? Or maybe some setting such as 'animate out first' or something. You could try deleting Toaster.ini and seeing if the restored default settings work ok for you.

2) that config looks ok, not sure why its not working. You could try testing the various parts individually to see where the problem lies. Otherwise, I will take a look when i next touch the code. Sorry I cant help much more than that, but I dont have much time to look into these sorts of issues.

@TerrenceB: It sounds like Toaster is having loading your custom skin image, which would cause the background to be transparent. Did you try 'winamp skin', but unselecting borders, and selecting custom colours? This causes it to just use a plain colour. Make sure your custom skin image is pointing to a valid image file. Make sure you dont have mouse click passthrough enabled either, this will cause the mouse commands to not work (ie pass through).

I dont think its a problem with your video card, puting your computer into VGA mode just means windows is unable to do alpha blending and therefore the window is solid. I gather you are able to see something? The text? Make sure all your alpha settings are at '255'.

There are some settings in the .ini file you could try:
NonAlphaSrc=1
OpaqueMode=1
But these reduce functionality, and Id recommend trying to solve your problem without using these settings.
Old 25th July 2005, 16:33   #264
roth377

Show on Pause?

Shane,

I believed that if track change notification was turned on, it would cause a pause/unpause to display toaster. Is that not the case?

If not, then how do I go about doing such?

Sorry if it'd been discussed. I only saw one post that went unanswered.

THanks for any help.
roth377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2005, 23:13   #265
TerrenceB

Quote:
@TerrenceB: It sounds like Toaster is having loading your custom skin image, which would cause the background to be transparent. Did you try 'winamp skin', but unselecting borders, and selecting custom colours? Make sure all your alpha settings are at '255'.
Shaneh, All alpha 255. Click thru UN-ticked. Tried Winamp skin no border w/ custom colors and also tried various custom skins. In all cases Toaster acts like 50% transparency.
OpaqueMode=1 works, but NonAlphaSrc=1 works better for me in that the Opacity slide now works. I'm not sure what I'm losing but I will live with it.(tried to read about alpha blending/transparency but my eyes started to cross)

I'm very impressed with Toaster. The configureability is simply amazing. I applaud your sense of what people want in a program.

I’ll be donating today.
TerrenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2005, 13:26   #266
shaneh
Major Dude

@TerrenceB: Thanks for your donation, Ive sent you an email.
It sounds like the background image itself has the alpha channel. Toaster supports background images that contain transparent, or semi-transparent sections. Thus, there is the original image alpha levels, as well as the global alpha levels, which control the transparency. (The nonalphasrc option causes Toaster to effectively ignore the alpha channel in the image itself)

You can open the original image in photoshop and remove the alpha channel, or just saving it as a jpeg and using that as the image will have removed the alpha channel. You can post the image here and I can check if the alpha channel does exist in the image.

@roth77:
I don't think that is possible in the current version. I will see if I can work it into the next version, as I already have to trap these events for the pause/unpause events for the msn messenger title updates.
Old 26th July 2005, 21:22   #267
roth377

Great news about the pause. Thanks (for the 1000th time) for all the hard work.
Old 29th July 2005, 16:12   #268
roth377

Upgraded to 5.094, and now I can't seem to get my popup display hot key to work (it works once if anything).

Additionally, my ratings will not appear in the toast. I can read in the bitrate, which according to the manual, is also read from the ML. I have the load ML DB at startup, so I don't think that's it either.

I really don't want to do a clean install, so if you can think of what's going on, I'd appreciate it.
Old 1st August 2005, 04:58   #269
shaneh
Major Dude

@roth377: Not sure what the cause is, works fine for me. You could try renaming both gen_ml and gen_toaster around a bit to see if it is a load order problem. It might also be a problem with gen_hotkeys, but I cant tell. Does %playcount% work? Sorry, theres not much more I can do.
Old 1st August 2005, 16:15   #270
roth377

Quote:
You could try renaming both gen_ml and gen_toaster around a bit to see if it is a load order problem.
I've reinstalled Toaster, which appears to overwrite these existing files. Correct? If so, it didn't resolve the issues.

Quote:
It might also be a problem with gen_hotkeys
I usually only use Toaster-derived hotkeys, but for the sake of finding the problem, I applied a bunch of playback type hotkeys, and they worked fine.

Quote:
Does %playcount% work?
Nope.

Sorry that I can't provide much more information, and I know you don't owe me anything to resolve this, but if you (in the future) think of what could be causing this, I'd appreciate any help.

It really seems to have started with the most recent upgrade of Winamp. I really don't want to do a clean install, as that would remove my media library information, which defeats the entire purpose of getting ratings to work

Thanks again for Toaster!
Old 2nd August 2005, 14:42   #271
roth377

Well, I've since did a clean install of everything, and all works now.
Old 11th August 2005, 17:25   #272
Cyrom

I am not sure if this is a bug or by design or if it has been discused, but i was noticing that in the formatting tab the right justified texted does not take into account any instances of wrapping in the other column when positioning itself. As a result, when wrapping occurs in previous lines, the right justified text does not line up with its counterpart on the left.

Cyrom
Cyrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 20:35   #273
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

I used toaster as my video mixer for the 7 Bamboo stream last night

Shaneh, can you add %date% and %time% variables to toaster so I can display the current time and date in the toasts?

--toq
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2005, 23:59   #274
finnfma

I'm really impressed with this plugin and have found no bugs as of yet... however one suggestion (or request!) would be to have the personal MSN picture change as well as the staus message to the current song/album.

I know (1) this will require a bit of work as the embedded/linked image would have to be scaled, size-wise, before sending off to the messenger network and (2) I'm not sure if messenger will allow for this... but it would be a fantastic improvement

Keep up the good work Shaneh & Cheers (me MP3 collection has never looked better);

Finn
finnfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 20:03   #275
jctcom

Toaster Hot key problems

Toaster Hot Key problems

Hi all. I have kind of a wierd problem. I love and was using the hot-key function for doin ratings of my music and all of a sudden they don't work. I have set up using ctrl + shift + 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc... for no rating, 1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars etc... Now when I press the ctrl + shift + whatever I get the Toaster popup but the ratings don't change anymore (I have set up my pop ups so they display the ratings using the %ratingstar% command.) If I right click on the song and change the rating and then use the hot key to toggle the toaster display then the rating will show up and my rating hot keys will work again until it changes songs ??

I am using the latest downloaded version of Toaster (0.7) and have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it to no avail. (I have even gone in and removed all the plugin components and used a completely new preset after adding the %ratingstar% command. The toggle on/off, Previous song next song jump to son etc all work fine. Then only thing that doesn't work properly is the ratings commands?

Thanks in advance for any help suggestions.

Carl.
jctcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 20:38   #276
jctcom

Hot Key Work around

SO I have created a work around for now. I have enabled a different set of keys for the Winamp Global rating hot keys and they work and after using them then the Toaster ones work until the next song comes up. I also noticed that the Mouse scroll option does not work until I have set the rating by some other means first as well.??

Carl.
jctcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 06:33   #277
caliaa

Hello,

I love this plugin. I have a problem with it though.

I have a 3-part bootleg so I named the album on each track 'album name 1' 'album name 2' and 'album name 3'. The tracks are located in 3 different folders named as the each album. Like this: artist/ALBUMS/album name x/album name x 1/song

Maybe i just need to change the path of the cover on the configuration panel? I renamed the art cover front.jpg hoping that it will work as 'front.jpg' but it didn't because the art cover is not on that folder.

My problem is that I have the tracks in 3 subfolders, and the subfolders are in the album folder along with the front.jpg. So the toaster plugin looks for the album art on the subfolders with all the songs but it's actually on the directory above. I don't want to copy the jpg's on each folder.

Any help?

Cali

edit: I forgot to mention that the tracks are vorbis not mp3s.

I also tried %dir%\\..\\front.jpg;%dir%\\..\\..\\front.jpg but nothing
caliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 14:52   #278
WanderingKnight

Odd sizing problem

For some reason, the Toaster Pop-ups have begun to get bigger over time. It seems to happen whenever Winamp is open, but not playing. In other words, if I leave Winamp playing, there is usually no changes in the Toast size from track to track, but if I let it sit and then press play, the Toast is quite big. Sometimes 2-3 times bigger than my settings, and on some occasions bigger than the entire screen. The screen-saver may have an effect too, it's hard to tell because sometimes the size changes very slowly over time.

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall when I upgraded to Winamp 5.1, and that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I don't have any of the dynamic resizing options set, so I don't think that is the issue.

Any ideas?
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2005, 05:06   #279
haleks

Artist - Song

You might have already answered this question. i'm sorry.. but i'm kinda a newby in this so you have to explain it really precise... please

How can i change the setting for every1 in msn to see artist - song.. i tried changing the formatting setting in "MSN Messenger from {0} - {1} to {1} - {0}" but it cahnges for a fraction on a second and it change back to song - artist.. how can i fix that?
haleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2005, 04:32   #280
WanderingKnight

Re: Odd sizing problem

Quote:
Originally posted by WanderingKnight
For some reason, the Toaster Pop-ups have begun to get bigger over time.

(snip)

I did a complete uninstall/reinstall when I upgraded to Winamp 5.1, and that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I don't have any of the dynamic resizing options set, so I don't think that is the issue.
OK it is defiitetly a combination of my toaster settings and the screen saver. I gave up and went to one of the pre-made toaster settings and the problem went away. Surreal.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development