Old 26th January 2006, 12:45   #321
otiasj

Yeay!
Thanks for the update man,
I am sure we are a lot of people waiting for your new versions.
Thank you for your efforts
otiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 16:08   #322
ewizard

hey.. what's wrong with this format:
$if(%cmp(:tagln(:album)=0)%, $write(no album, 0), %album%)

(if it's not visible: it's supposed to write "no album" if there is no albumname)
ewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2006, 20:04   #323
Olyrous

Hello, thanks for the plugin.It adds amazing extra value to winamp.
However, I really hope in future versions it will able to view the tagged album picture of m4a music files.The same goes for ogg files but I happen to be more into m4a files.
It would be nice if I could get an answer whether this functionality will be taken into account, but thanks anyway.
Olyrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 01:01   #324
caliaa

"What I am listenig to" for Live Messenger

Hi,

Are there any short-term plans to update Toaster for the new MSN 8? When I click on Turn on "What I am listenig to" a pop-shows up saying that this feature requires Windows MP 9 or later.
caliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 12:20   #325
shaneh
Major Dude

Toaster works fine with MSN8. You need to grab the .reg file from my site to make messenger think you have a newer version of wmp installed. Its under the 'live/msn messenger now playing plugin' section of www.myplugins.info
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 16:58   #326
caliaa

Thank you, you're right. My copy was corrupted I downloaded Toaster again and it works fine now.
caliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 11:04   #327
noroom

Question marks in filenames

Is anyone else having problems with albums that have special symbols in their name?

For example, toaster isn't getting the album cover for "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" presumably because of the question mark in the filename. All my CD Covers are stored in a separate folder under the format "%artist% - %album%.jpg". Since windows doesn't allow "?" (and other symbols) in the filename (or path for that matter) the cover for those albums never display. Is Toaster looking for "Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?.jpg" ? Because it won't find it that way.

It would be cool if it just removed the symbols that aren't allowed to have in a filename before looking for a file with that name.

Awesome plugin, btw. Kudos!
noroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2006, 11:54   #328
shaneh
Major Dude

I believe the plugin should replace any invalid characters with an underscore (_).

You should be able to change this with:

FilterCharacter=x

in toaster.ini where x is the replacement character. You wont be able to use a space or 'collapse' the character to nothing however. I dont intend to do any more significant updates to this plugin as I am working on a complete re-write. It will hopefully be much better and make development a lot nicer and give me more incentive to work on it. A complete new internal design and configuration system, which Im partly doing to apply some design patterns I want to get some experience with.
Old 8th February 2006, 22:31   #329
sv3n

Thanks a LOT for the plugin!

Is there any way to show how much of the song has been played? I'd like to do a 1:25/6:30 kind of thing.

Thanks a lot!
sv3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2006, 21:07   #330
Teknojnky

Toaster and MediaMonkey

Hi,

I understand you don't specifically support other players, however I just wanted to make you aware of a strange problem when this awesome plug in is used with MediaMonkey which uses winamp 2 compatible plugins.

I'm guessing the problem stems from 2 issues, that I am not using the normal winamp, and I have the apps on a different drive than normal.. using j:\program files\mediamonkey etc.

The 2 problems I have are:

- Toaster puts a toaster.ini and mediamonkey.m3u file in the J:\ root folder.

- Toaster can't seem to save and/or find the settings properly, most likely due to the above misplaced ini issue.

Moving/copying the toaster.ini to/from the root to the mediamonky folder does not seem to make any difference.

Anyway, I figured I would let you know so maybe it can be fixed one day.

Thanks for the cool plug in, I just wish it worked properly with MM.
Teknojnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 09:13   #331
harmgunnink

Send a message via ICQ to harmgunnink
is it my computer or doesnt Toaster work with the new winamp? 5.13
could someone help me with this?
harmgunnink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 11:59   #332
niktheguru

Heya shaneh,

The new build (0562) of WLM 8 breaks toaster compatibility partly. Now only the track is displayed, the artist cannot display (no matter what u tweak in options!)

Any chance you could fix this? Oh mighty powerful well respected one, please.

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2006, 05:08   #333
shaneh
Major Dude

Annoyingly MS changed the API around a bit in WLM 8 562. You can no longer specify how the fields are to be arranged (ie the {0} - {1} stuff). I guess cause theyre plugin itself never made use of it.

Disable it in Toaster and make use of a special build of gen_msn I made if you want this feature. Its available at www.myplugins.info. I wont bother upgrading Toaster just yet, I will see what bloody MS decides to do. Im working on re-writing Toaster anyway so will just hold off till then.
Old 11th February 2006, 10:35   #334
niktheguru

Thats fantastic Shaneh,

Is there gonna be any other way to swap the artist and title fields rather than swapping them in my tags!!

Lookin forward to your new toaster plugin, it rocks!!

Nikhil
Old 11th February 2006, 10:44   #335
shaneh
Major Dude

In the preferences for the 'live messenger' plugin in winamp you just change around the title and artist bit.

ie it currently has something similar to:

Artist: %artist%
Title: %title%

Just change it to:

Artist: %title%
Title: %artist%

When clicked however, it will try and lookup the title and artist inversed, but thats because the latest version of messenger doesnt support swapping them around.
Old 11th February 2006, 15:23   #336
niktheguru

Cheers dude, it was just me being blind (i didn't notice there was a live messenger tab now) i tried looking at the preferences in the general pupose tag in plugins!!

Thanks mate, you've made my day (i'm easily pleased today!!)

Nikhil
Old 15th February 2006, 08:31   #337
harmgunnink

i have a problem with toaster, because it doesnt work anymore. i think this is since i installed the pro version of Winamp 5.13.

is this possible? and is there already a newer toaster, or whatsoever, that can fix this problem?

thanks!

with regards
Old 21st February 2006, 03:55   #338
thisisaspace

toaster had been working perfectly when i was still using 0.7.1 last week, but since i've updated to 0.7.5, everything seemed fine, until i have something maximized and on top of the screen (in which case toaster doesn't appear, or possibly appears under the maximized window). the maximized window is not "always on top" or anything, and this has happened on both mine and my boyfriend's computer.

sorry if this problem has been discussed here, although i'd be happy that it's a known issue.
thank you very much
thisisaspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 15:56   #339
Olyrous

Integrating Speech synthesis maybe?

I want to share with you an idea for a future toaster feature.Wouldn't it be great if toaster had the ability to utilize one of the text-to-speech voices installed in one's system and announce the song information at some specific time during track playback (preferably in the beginning but it could also be user-configurable)?
Something like "You are listening to %title% from the %artist% album %album%" .Or the whole announcement could also be user-configurable.It would be amazing!Especially if you are listening to music away from your screen,you're lying or dancing or you're focused on something and you miss the toaster or you just can't bother looking away at the toaster.I know I am dreaming...
This is hard to do I suppose (although something like Chant's Speechkit http://cc.borland.com/Item.aspx?id=20964 , http://www.chant.net/Products/SpeechKit/Default.aspx could make it easier) but I thought I could make a suggestion.
Olyrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:13   #340
thisisaspace

nevermind, it's fixed now.
the media library was causing my winamp to crash, so i reinstalled winamp, and that fixed toaster with it.
maybe my toaster problem was related to the media library failing?
thisisaspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 23:26   #341
harmgunnink

Quote:
Originally posted by harmgunnink
i have a problem with toaster, because it doesnt work anymore. i think this is since i installed the pro version of Winamp 5.13.

is this possible? and is there already a newer toaster, or whatsoever, that can fix this problem?

thanks!

with regards

lol, i just installed winamp 5.2 pro and now toaster works again

well thanks mates

tjau
harm
Old 24th February 2006, 09:58   #342
doublekai

Send a message via ICQ to doublekai
hey everyone,

i'm getting this really small "problem" - the Tips plugin doesn't recognize new lines anymore. This means that in the playlist, the information available for a song is presented as one big chunk instead of 3 lines with Name, Rating and Playcount. Hope someone can somehow help me

thanks in advance
doublekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 06:13   #343
Trent187

Toaster keeps showing songs as having a length of 0:01. If i go back and restart that song, sometimes it will change to the correct amount. any ideas? thanks.
Trent187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 06:14   #344
Trent187

actually, it's showing 0:-01
Old 25th February 2006, 12:59   #345
s427

Quote:
Originally posted by doublekai
hey everyone,

i'm getting this really small "problem" - the Tips plugin doesn't recognize new lines anymore. This means that in the playlist, the information available for a song is presented as one big chunk instead of 3 lines with Name, Rating and Playcount. Hope someone can somehow help me

thanks in advance
I'm having the exact same problem.

Maybe because of the new version of Winamp (5.2) ?

I hope this will be fixed. Tips are really a great feature.
s427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 01:19   #346
shaneh
Major Dude

Yes theyve made some ATF changes in 5.2, and the new $crlf() they added doesnt work.

Ive updated gen_tips to v0.6 to fix this and also linked to the msvcr71.dll they are finally distributing with it. Seems to work ok. You can grab it from my site.
Old 27th February 2006, 14:32   #347
Trent187

Besides the 0:-01 error, it seems I can't have album titles with a "-" in it. Example: Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You - Song Title... even though there is no space in the album title and I have it matched correctly with the album, the album cover will never show in Toaster. any ideas?
Old 1st March 2006, 05:22   #348
tstevens

Streaming popups

Is there some way to get streaming audio track names (eg, di.fm stations etc) to show up in toaster popups?

All I get is "1065" or "1035". Modern skin notifications seems to pop up the right info, not sure why...

Thanks for any clue.
Tim
tstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 05:44   #349
perennial_quest

I have a similar problem that doublekai and s427 mentioned:

I don't have any problem at all with the display of bands/albums/title/year, they all appear correctly.
My problem occurs with "comments". I use comments to display sub-titles for a song (like for a multi part epic song). Since I've installed WinAmp 5.2, either Toaster or Tips would not display Comments correctly. It doesn't seem to recognize a line change anymore and display all my subtitles in one big chunk.

Also, I tried to update Tips to v0.6 but WinAmp doesn't seem to recognize it. I closed WA, replaced the dll, re-opened WA and Tips doesn't show in the General Plug-ins section. So I've returned to v0.5 for now.

Any ideas?

By the way, awesome plug-in. I've been using it for about a year and a half. Keep up the good work!!
perennial_quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 05:59   #350
tstevens

Re: Streaming popups

Argh, RTFM. There's even an example in the faq:
$if(%ishttp%, %watitle%, %title% - %artist%)

doh! (but, any reason this ain't a default?

Tim

Quote:
Originally posted by tstevens
Is there some way to get streaming audio track names (eg, di.fm stations etc) to show up in toaster popups?

All I get is "1065" or "1035". Modern skin notifications seems to pop up the right info, not sure why...

Thanks for any clue.
Tim
tstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 10:44   #351
shaneh
Major Dude

@tstevens: the default is
$if(%ishttp%,%watitle%,$if2([%tracknumber%. ]%title%,$filepart(%filename%)))

but there are presets that may not be using this setting.

@perennial_quest: Ive updated tips top longer use the msvcr71.dll. This sohuldnt be necessary but its not worth my time trying to get other peoples machines configured correctly.

The problem with new lines in Toaster (and tips) is with Winamp. It strips out newlines when ATF processing tags. I assume this is done to avoid problems with the playlist, but it just breaks things.
Old 1st March 2006, 13:35   #352
perennial_quest

I've just installed Tips v0.61. It doesn't help the line problem because, as you said, the problem is within WinAmp v5.2 but at least Tips works now. Thank you Shane.

Why the hell would Nullsoft mess with something that worked fine? (Sigh...)
perennial_quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 15:44   #353
Trent187

shaneh, any ideas on the two problems I listed above? Thanks.
Old 1st March 2006, 19:12   #354
Blazin J

Let me first say this plugin is exactly what I've been looking for... and I've been looking for a while now. My "problem" was already reported before but I don't recall seeing a solution. I have a Creative Labs Nomad Zen MP3 Player with RedChair Software's Notmad Xtreamer software streaming my audio files through Winamp. Everything works fine except the toast that appears on track changes has the connecting URL instead of the track information "[CONNECTING] http://localhost:8045/stream..." (I attempted to attach a screen shot of the display to this reply). This only happens when the track changes. If I were to click the "apply" button while in the Toaster Preferences, when the "test" toast appears, the correct track title and artist are displayed. This isn't on the third line of the display, as reported earlier. My problem is appearing on the second line using the default ATF string: $if(%ishttp%,%watitle%,$if2([%tracknumber%. ]%title%,$filepart(%filename%))). Also, I'm ONLY using Winamp, no MSN Messenger. A minor issue, to be sure, but if there's a quick fix I'd love to know what it is. Thanks again for designing such a useful plugin and actually supporting it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toast.jpg (18.1 KB, 785 views)

Last edited by Blazin J; 1st March 2006 at 19:43.
Blazin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 14:09   #355
Trent187

Toaster 0.7.6 is out...
Old 6th March 2006, 19:38   #356
eyekyu

first of all thank you very much for this great plugin...just love it

it worked great for me until i installed topdesk, now the toasts become white before they disapear. i would like to use both toaster and topdesk, so is there anyway to fix this ? or is it a limitation of windows xp ?

thanks,
chris
eyekyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2006, 13:46   #357
eyekyu

nevermind i uninstalled topdesk already, since its incompatible with every directx or opengl game.
eyekyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 10:45   #358
s427

I just upgraded to version 0.7.6, and it fixes the newline bug alright, but it also introduces a new bug. ^^;

When using %filename% in the tips, it seems that the first letter of every folder in the path is taken away.

For instance :
E:\usic\op, Rock & Folk\\daho\daho - The Days Of Petrol.mp3
E:\Music\Pop, Rock & Folk\Idaho\Idaho - The Days Of Petrol.mp3

First line is what is displayed; second line is what should be displayed.

Also note the double backslash (after "Folk"). I can't figure out why, but not every path gets it...
s427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 10:47   #359
shaneh
Major Dude

ah shit yes.. thats because the \n to newline conversion is done afterwards, so if the path has a \n in it, it gets converted to a newline. Ill have to work out something else.
Old 9th March 2006, 19:36   #360
chei

synthax error in formatting string

Quote:
Originally posted by shaneh
Annoyingly MS changed the API around a bit in WLM 8 562. You can no longer specify how the fields are to be arranged (ie the {0} - {1} stuff). I guess cause theyre plugin itself never made use of it.

Disable it in Toaster and make use of a special build of gen_msn I made if you want this feature. Its available at www.myplugins.info. I wont bother upgrading Toaster just yet, I will see what bloody MS decides to do. Im working on re-writing Toaster anyway so will just hold off till then.
I got an invitation to install Live Messenger so I made the changes, as you posted up. Made it mainly because I had Messenger 7.5 and used to format tags to show title, album & artist, not changing them essentially. But since I installed Messenger Live (release 8.0.0566) only the track name appears, followed by the [synthax error in formatting string]. Winamp version is 5.2.
I know it's annoying resolving bugs for a beta, that's why I ask:

1) Is there anyway to correct those tags for them to show properly? There is any problem with the tags?
(as follows:
title: $if(%ishttp%,%watitle%,$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%)))
artist: $if(%ishttp%,Internet Radio,%artist%))
album: %album%
WM/Id: %ratingstar%

2) If this is not posible to correct the tags, is there a way of making it work without gen_msn? Anything I have to delete, dll or something? (Before I install gen_msn Toaster worked with the Messenger displaying only track title and artist, so I guess it was ok back then)

Thanks again for the hard work! Toaster is awesome!
chei is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development