Old 27th October 2011, 21:25   #1
masschel

Winamp not syncing with iTunes

I have a smart list in iTunes for all my songs with +3 star ratings. When I first started Winamp, I choose to import playlists and library from iTunes, as for the moment I still want to keep iTunes as my main music application. Up till here, all went smooth. Now, I removed the ratings of a full CD (in iTunes), so that it does not appear anymore in said smart playlist. However, this change is not reflected in Winamp. I closed iTunes, reasoning that maybe the .xml file is only written on exit, as well as Winamp. The library thingy is turning after restarting Winamp, but I don't see the changes reflected in the +*** smart list in Winamp. The album is still there.

I know this is a beta version, and as such, this can be regarded as a bug report. Would be nice to see fixed though.

Keep up the good work!
masschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 19:28   #2
tytana

I noticed the same thing. My guess is as good as yours, but I'm assuming Winamp only imports and doesn't sync like other alternatives out there.

This would be fine if I intended on switching and only using Winamp, but there's needed features (and stability issues) that need to be worked on before I do.
tytana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 07:36   #3
tytana

masschel, I found this on a blog "Keep Updated' option that scans the default music folder on your Mac every time the app starts up, adding any new music or playlists that have appeared"

I'm not testing it, since I've uninstalled winamp and am going to wait for inclusion of some key features.
tytana is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Mac Sync