Old 3rd September 2016, 14:10   #1601
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have worked again on deviantART, updated again my latest journal and added also many favourites. I want to say again, that I have so many ideas for the users of desktop wallpapers, Winamp & Milkdrop, and I have reminded them a few times, that also they themselves can do their own creations. You will find also other tutorials than my own overview tutorial. I have read, that new stuff is wanted. Come, go outside into the nature with Your digital cameras and make Your own images of Nature & Landscapes without humans for Your Winamps, additional random textures, desktop wallpapers, Komodo backgrounds...

For a very long time I can stop by in the forums only rarely, because I am in the hospital now, but if there are questions, then I am sure, that also the other forums members can answer them. Fortunately I can sleep at home, but I had to realize, that I really feel very badly, more than I had thought before.

I am thinking of You all, and I will miss You...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 17:57   #1602
moodcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
I have worked again on deviantART, updated again my latest journal and added also many favourites. I want to say again, that I have so many ideas for the users of desktop wallpapers, Winamp & Milkdrop, and I have reminded them a few times, that also they themselves can do their own creations. You will find also other tutorials than my own overview tutorial. I have read, that new stuff is wanted. Come, go outside into the nature with Your digital cameras and make Your own images of Nature & Landscapes without humans for Your Winamps, additional random textures, desktop wallpapers, Komodo backgrounds...

For a very long time I can stop by in the forums only rarely, because I am in the hospital now, but if there are questions, then I am sure, that also the other forums members can answer them. Fortunately I can sleep at home, but I had to realize, that I really feel very badly, more than I had thought before.

I am thinking of You all, and I will miss You...
Sabine, first of all, I am sorry to hear you are in hospital, hope you get back soon.

Then, I have an idea and I want to share it with you guys and see what do you think about it:

I am Gabi, the project lead/CTO of the Moodcoin.org project and I want to help relaunch the Winamp.

I am using Winamp since 1999 and I am a huge fan of it and now that I have found out that radionomy will revive it, I want to be a part of it.

What is Moodcoin you might ask.

If you had a nickel for everytime you put a smile on someone’s face, well, that nickel would be a Mood Coin. Mood Coin is a way of saying thank you. It’s like baking a pie for a friendly neighbor. It is our community currency but we like to think is more than that. The fun part is that you can use these coins however you like, maybe buy one of our awesome to be t-shirts, or outside in the real world, or just keep them in your pocket for rainy days.

Moodcoin’s reputation reward system (MoodRep) is a reputation system that allows reputation to be built by changing people’s mood. The more reputable you are, the more moodcoins you will earn. Each time you will have a positive impact on someone’s mood, you will get a positive vote.

Therefore, on a weekly basis the platform assign 1000 MDC (moodcoins) for the first 10 users with the highest moodrep score
Example: Mike was able to “mood up” 300 users. So at the end of week he has a moodrep rating of 300.
Consequently the platform collects the top 10 scores in descending order (from highest score to lowest) then spread those 1000 MDC between users.

As for collaborating, I am thinking into mixing your experience with the idea of moodcoin and help revive the Winamp.

I am thinking on rewarding the first 5 million users on Winamp.com ( on the relaunch day) with a certain sum of Moodcoin- let's say 30 Moodcoin. They can use the coins to tip the best skin, or tip their favourite station, etc.

Another idea is implementing a plugin that registers for how long a user listen music with Winamp and simply reward that user with a certain amount of Moodcoins per hour.

If you find that this could help relaunch Winamp, please let me know, I am more than happy to discuss it.

I am currently working on a ICO (Initial Crowd Offering) program for Moodcoin where we can sell some Moodcoins at lower price so we can fund our project.

Thank you for reading this and I can only hope that we work this out

Gabi
moodcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 19:51   #1603
Hanschke

after 2 years they cannot give us any beta
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 20:05   #1604
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanschke View Post
after 2 years they cannot give us any beta
Blame Radionomy and Vivendi. Radionomy wanted just shoutcast, but kept fluffing users of winamp making us think something will happen, and maybe eventually something would have happened, but then they were bought out (or moreso lost a major stake in) by Vivendi, the one that essentially killed mp3.com.

I still have hope on the ones that are working on winamp, but I have zero faith tbh in either companies because of their history.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 4/4/2018 -Nothing, no progress, so stop asking

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 14:19   #1605
the SASS Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
My credibility is diminished by the lack of information?
I'm the only one giving any info/updates, aren't I?
I'd hate to know what you think of everyone else then

Winamp 5.8 Beta

Don't let those detractors get you down, man...I wouldn't care if that was a Photoshop, it would mean Winamp is still earning the attention of the masters. And in time...Winamp will rise again.

thanks, man!

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 19:05   #1606
Lhun14

Winamp is still the best, please keep up the good work! ^.^
Lhun14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 02:41   #1607
sengork

I must say back in the Sonique vs Winamp days I’ve opted to use Sonique until it’s slow demise during v2.x. Eventually I stopped using it completely and haven’t reinstalled it for many years. This is not the case with Winamp ever since I moved to it I compulsively install it onto all of my computers (Windows and Mac). Regardless of the lack of new versions and news the last version of Winamp is still perfectly functional and much more of an utility than other players out there. Yes some use Foobar2000 and other tools, however Winamp is still my go-to player for day-to-day use.
sengork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 04:40   #1608
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengork View Post
Sonique.
Funny, I heard of that player, but that's one of the few I have never tried. But agreed, Winamp has always been solid, unless it's a fault of a plugin.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 15th September 2016, 14:55   #1609
SisXtian

Send a message via ICQ to SisXtian Send a message via AIM to SisXtian
Just FYI, as of the latest iTunes, Winamp seems to no longer import iTunes playlists. At least not in the traditional menu option "import iTunes playlists". I think you can still export M3U files and import them individually. But this breaks functionality for me, of having Winamp import them all from my iPhone in one swoop. Hopefully Winamp will be updated again in the future, as I agree that it's the best solid player. But I'm now being forced to look elsewhere for something that can import all my iTunes playlists (since I still refuse to use the bloated iTunes for just playing music).
SisXtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 16:38   #1610
GorillaCat

Just drag n' drop after selecting the tracks you want to add to the playlists. I'm assuming that you're not updating playlists all the time, if so you're g2g. However since some songs and folders use special characters they can't be played when using m3u files; You'll need to use m3u8 files.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 16:46   #1611
SisXtian

I think you misunderstood. I'm not trying to create playlists. I already have smart playlists that I've made on my iPhone and iTunes. I simply want to use Winamp's Library/"Import iTunes Playlists" in one click to import all those playlists whenever I update them in iTunes or my iPhone. But that button no longer works in Winamp, as of the latest update to iTunes (it worked fine last week before I updated iTunes).
Old 15th September 2016, 16:56   #1612
GorillaCat

I should've figured as much. A workaround would be to replicate your smart playlists in winamp as smart views, which may be double or more the work since the smart view creation ui wasn't the friendliest thing in the world; Good luck

[EDIT] I meant drag the entire playlist [EDIT](from iTunes) into winamp's playlist view, save it and then update it as needed.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)

Last edited by GorillaCat; 15th September 2016 at 17:12. Reason: Forgot something else
Old 15th September 2016, 17:12   #1613
SisXtian

Actually, I had never explored the "smart view" creator in Winamp. It seems to be similar to setting up a Smart Playlist in iTunes (though, yes, much less intuitive). Thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I'll try creating a smart view or two and see how well that keeps me updated.
Old 15th September 2016, 17:17   #1614
GorillaCat

No prob.

Old 15th September 2016, 17:22   #1615
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisXtian View Post
Maybe I'll try creating a smart view or two and see how well that keeps me updated.
I use the smartviews on my winamp, and they work great, then I sync my winamp directly with my ipod, though i doubt that would work for you because apple. If creating smart view playlists in winamp works for you, maybe you can go the other way around and import them into itunes?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 15th September 2016, 17:39   #1616
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Just FYI, as of the latest iTunes, Winamp seems to no longer import iTunes playlists.
That's what you get from using the worlds most annoying media player...

I hate how iTunes wants to reorganise a users music collection.

Give me Winamp any day It doesn't try to tell me how my music should be sorted.

Mind neither does RadioDJ I have my music organised in that the way I want it too.

Ditch iTunes its EVIL

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 19:47   #1617
GorillaCat

I wouldn't be surprized if this gets deleted.

I happened to find an article from Sep/6/16 titled "TargetSpot (Radionomy) nous parle de la monétisation des podcasts et de l'avenir de Winamp" -translation :TargetSpot (Radionomy) talks about the monetization of podcasts and the future of Winamp. The only problem is that "83%" of that article is locked behind a paywall. If anyone happens to already have an account with Next INpact could you let us know the gist of what was said although I'm sure it's clickbait. Or if people like mods or devs could give us some news I'm sure that would be better than the watered down & padded content of the article in question. I say already has an account because I don't think anyone really needs to go through the process of creating one and giving their cash just to read one article which may or may not be clickbait or recycled content when people close to the project could tell us themselves.

Old 15th September 2016, 20:00   #1618
musicf8
Major Dude

In English:
Quote:
Despite a still young market and a great lack of statistics, advertising on podcasts is promised a great future as Radionomy, which invests there via its TargetSpot governed. The company also gives us his plans for Winamp, which must be exported beyond the PC.

While podcasts interested actors increasingly diverse, the issue of monetization seriously pose for some of them. Of all the solutions, paying regular support emissions by listeners, advertising itself as a safe bet for the main podcasts in the US, inspiring the French media in their model.

Among its proponents, figure TargetSpot, the advertising agency of the Belgian radio platform Radionomy, trying somehow to get advertisers to Advertise on podcasts. Despite many practical difficulties, such as obtaining basic statistics or the breakdown of emissions for Internet in France, that no platform will still manages to unite today. " There are hugely popular podcasts, which are free. These are usually people who are behind. The advertiser must still be satisfied , "says Erik Porter, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) of Radionomy.

However, the market must be lucrative, as the podcast plays progressing. The cost of mailing of advertising is much higher than on conventional advertising on the Internet, primarily because listeners have a privileged relationship with emissions and represent a valuable qualified audience. Also, ways to integrate advertising evolves, platforms developing to encourage investment product in podcasts.

In all this, Radionomy sees the future of advertising in audio, providing advertisements to multiple platforms dedicated to programs on demand. Bought early 2014 , Winamp will have its role in the distribution of audio content, exceeding its status music player for PC. Meanwhile, challenges on the specific subject of advertising in podcasts will take time to be removed, part of which is clearly structural.
Doesn't say much, and again, talks about bringing winamp "past PC", which judging by history that means mostly ignoring it...

But I agree on it being clickbait. If the first 83% doesn't say much but fluff, i doubt the 17% after will have any good substance.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 15th September 2016, 20:03   #1619
GorillaCat

That much I got, apparently there's "83% of this content to be discovered" with part of the article fading beneath aka Paywall

Old 15th September 2016, 20:09   #1620
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaCat View Post
there's "83% of this content to be discovered"
Ah, I must have misread it, I read it as the other way around... oh well...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 15th September 2016, 20:14   #1621
GorillaCat

I looked at the source and found nothing so I guess we can mutter under our breath on how there's a genuine lack of communication or something, not much we can do beyond that.

Old 18th September 2016, 10:16   #1622
RadioHeartbeat

Getting started

Hi DJ Egg,
I have recently registered our volunteer radio station and downloaded the DNAS and DSP.

Being new I note that the updated Winamp download is not yet available. I assume I will need this before I can progress getting the station live on the internet?

Many thanks,
Keith
RadioHeartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 11:03   #1623
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Being new I note that the updated Winamp download is not yet available. I assume I will need this before I can progress getting the station live on the internet?
You can use whatever software you want your not limited to one program anymore.

Most standalone encoding programs should stream to the service/server you want to connect to.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 15:33   #1624
jetaro

Sweet. Just noticed this from the Winamp Enthusiasts site. Interested to see how it will turn out.
jetaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:33   #1625
LfmC

Any hope for continued development of winamp for PC?
It's been over 2 years since this "announcement"..
LfmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:59   #1626
GorillaCat

The first page has been updated a while ago, if that doesn't satisfy your thirst for knowledge read the entire thread. If you make it to the point where you have done both and yet hunger for more know that griefing shall not spurn the devs to offer unto us poor wretches another portion.

Old 22nd September 2016, 22:58   #1627
betterthanalemur

Is anyone still actually actively working on winamp? I just today got a hankering to switch back just for the 'handwritten' skin. But alas, I'll have to dig through my old hard drive for the installer

http://winampheritage.com/skin/hand-written-v5/147153
Best skin ever
betterthanalemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:40   #1628
ariszlo

Topics related to Classic skins should be posted in the Classic Skins section.

Hand-Written v5 is still available in the Nullsoft archive.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 07:58   #1629
louiselany

Great news
louiselany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 20:28   #1630
BlackOMS

Ok guys, DJ Egg, Dr. O (Benski, Justin, Christophe, PP, Francis etc), there is a single solution for this, please explain us what do you need to save winamp (including to buy it back from radionomy and be a separated). I mean explain us everything, for those who post here a long time ago, how much money do you need, what are the conditions for dr.o and the rest of the team to come back to the project.

Give us all the details, and we will see what we can do.
Start fund raising compains, promote this on social media, make special web sites and i will be one of those who will make everything i can to save winamp (a very important part of my childhood).

I'm asking you DJ Egg to respond to my post and give us all the details. Talk with the guys and ask them what are the conditions to come back to the project.

Let's make winamp great again!!!
BlackOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 20:39   #1631
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOMS View Post
Let's make winamp great again!!!
It has come to that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	52661  

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 29th September 2016, 17:39   #1632
Stilez

@DJ Egg

I used to use Winamp exclusively "back in the day". I made a mental note it was being reworked around the time AOL ditched it a few years back. Today, listening to mp3s, I remembered that I hadn't checked for ages what had happened. I saw it's still in development limbo with a long thread of chat about its position.

Then I saw your posts - the ones where you explained what was up, and some of your hopes, and most of all, the work and "behind the scenes" - what's been achieved and it's quite a list!

I wanted to say, thank you for all you're doing, and the work, and for keeping it moving. It sounds like you've done a lot against the odds and despite misfortune.

I can't wait to hear the release of the next Winamp. But I wanted to say how much your effort is appreciated - because it is.
Stilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 19:46   #1633
Galaxis5757

DrO Is doing great work at the moment.

https://getwinamp.com/blog/
Galaxis5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 22:29   #1634
choukawaii

Hi, DrO...

Will the new Winamp support lossless 32-bit / 32-bit Float format?
choukawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 22:44   #1635
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by choukawaii View Post
Hi, DrO...
DrO is gone...

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 6th October 2016, 01:45   #1636
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Gone and Not Gone.

https://getwinamp.com/blog/

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 02:09   #1637
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
Gone and Not Gone.
Yeah but gone (mostly) from these forums

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 6th October 2016, 20:01   #1638
musicf8
Major Dude

Welp... It has officially been over a year since Winamp's Twitter & Facebook page has been updated

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 9th October 2016, 03:36   #1639
StreetWalker

I am a professional vocalist and currently use the following software to play backing tracks:
1. WinAmp 5.666 (released Dec 12, 2013)
2. "MP3+G Plug-In v1.4 (gen_cdg.dll) is Karaoke General Purpose plugin
3. PaceMaker tempo/pitch controller V2.7 is DSP/Effect plugin
4. Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (SP3) running latest Windows 10 Pro.
5. Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer has built-in WiFi Access point and Ethernet port
6. Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver connects to the SP3 and stereo output XR18 ch 15 & 16
All of the equipment has worked together flawlessly for 365 performances since June 2014.

I am considering adding a Denon DN-200WS Wi-Fi Audio Streamer http://denonpro.com/products/view/dn-200ws#.V_m22ugrKVN. This device has stereo balanced outputs that will be connected to the XR18 ch 15 & 16 to replace the Logitech.

This device uses DLNA which is a format Sony introduced in 2003 http://www.techradar.com/news/digita...o-know-1079015.

I plan for the SP3 to connect via WiFi to both the Behringer XR18 digital mixer and the Denon DN-200WS Wi-Fi Audio Streamer. For this to work I will need to create a NETWORK with an external router (2.4+5 GHz) and connect port 1 to the XR18 Ethernet and connect port 2 to the DN-200WS. The DLNA allows either a wired Ethernet connection or WiFi connection to the external router for streaming audio.

THE QUESTION IS: WILL MY WINAMP 5.666 WORK WITH DLNA IN THE ABOVE CONFIGURATION?
StreetWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 13:07   #1640
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Welp... It has officially been over a year since Winamp's Twitter & Facebook page has been updated
And when you send seven mails to seven different addresses within the Radionomy Corporation ...

you will this instant get seven error reports that all of them are undeliverable!

Unbelievable!

Does this firm exist at all?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radionomy2.PNG
Views:	55475
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	52705   Click image for larger version

Name:	radionomy.PNG
Views:	55419
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	52706