Old 6th November 2012, 20:05   #1
pjn123
Major Dude

Queue Manager & Online Services

Hi

Queue Manager
Want to know if the Queue Manager is here to stay?
Reason I ask is because the old Dropbox disappeared and want to better integrate the QM in the UI but don't want to see it disappearing in the next version .

I haven't searched this, but what is the difference between this new component and the JTFE search box one? Just a clone without being able to search in the queue?

Glad to see that I can actually open the component from xml/maki

Online Services
Then the online services allows the user to open them in a new window. These new windows have GUIDs' that I tried to get and it looks like they start at:
{00000010-0000-00FF-8000-C5E2FB8CD50B}
and counts up with each new window:
{00000011-0000-00FF-8000-C5E2FB8CD50B}

Is this correct?

Thanks!

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 21:08   #2
DrO

the QM window is just the JTFE queue in it's own window and allows things to be dropped onto it, etc without having to open the JTF window. i don't plan on removing it as it's the main part of the plug-in i now use, so the only way it goes is if a) i remove it or b) something breaks or c) i get JTFE pulled from Winamp. and it's been around for at least 3 years now so it's quite 'old' in the scheme of things.

no idea with the online services windows without trying to rummage through the mess of the code implementing them.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 21:44   #3
pjn123
Major Dude

Ok thanks. Like the separate window too and glad that you implemented it in a way so that it can be opened with autoopen="1" in a skin - Last time I tried it, most non "core" Winamp plugins failed horribly.
Was actually surprised to not see something about the new view in the changelog since its actually something worth while for a change.

Don't worry about the Online Services... was just asking while I was posting

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:20   #4
DrO

well as i made sure all of the windows in the plug-ins i provide to use the correct API's i.e. ones that set a GUID for the frame so it will work with modern skins (as much as i'm not keen on them i do seem to end up putting in the effort to make sure my stuff will work) which is really simple to do via a single macro.

is just good to know that it's having the desired effect for a change, heh.

-daz
Old 6th November 2012, 23:46   #5
pjn123
Major Dude

Looks like I got excited too quick (unless I'm missing something)

See attached demo skin for the bug.

The video component will show when you toggle the button.

The Queue manager component will only toggle if it was opened before(in this run of Winamp) using the shortcut, Winamp menu item or was opened because it was open last time Winamp started (i.e. all "system events").

Previously when I tried the above with 3rd party plugins they couldn't toggle at all.
But maybe its fixable
Attached Files
File Type: wal bugamp-quemanager.wal (2.8 KB, 149 views)

Old 7th November 2012, 00:04   #6
DrO

wouldn't be surprised if it's down to how the windowing is handled as loading with it not shown leaves the QM window in the position it was when in classic mode - like it's not been recognised as something to find and mode when you then toggle things.

so yes i can reproduce it acting all weird (not including it going funky when using the main menu over the toggle button) but no idea on the actual cause of it (and i hate trying to work on gen_ff at the best of times).

i assume it is the same when trying to embed the library window in the same manner? if not will try it out when i can find some time.

-daz
Old 7th November 2012, 01:53   #7
DrO

from a quick look, everything is inplace to try to create the frame that the QM window would be embedded inside but when it actually tries to create it then it fails and that's the part i'm struggling to track through all of the layers that go into this handling. is probably something simple causing it to fail to create the frame but i'm not seeing it at the moment (especially when it's almost 2am).

-daz
Old 7th November 2012, 03:33   #8
DrO

looking further and the hidden window isn't added to the list gen_ff has of embedded windows (which is understandable but isn't too helpful in this scenario) and it's due to that which is leading to the failure i mentioned above with it then being able to create the frame. so i think once i've worked out what and where the list of embedded is generated from in gen_ff (as the api in winamp.exe which provides the known list is providing the correct number of windows so it's down to the gen_ff handling it seems).

did i mention i hate modern skins? if not then please note this for the future

-daz
Old 7th November 2012, 07:50   #9
pjn123
Major Dude

Handling any components from maki's side is also a real bitch. So many inconsistencies to start with. So I wont be surprised if the fault somewhere in gen_ff.

In that demo, if the windowholder is hidden, the component will open in a new window(which is right). You will also see that the tick mark next to QM doesn't always correspond with its visibility in the skin. But the tick seems to be correct in classicpro where the QM frame is caught with the windowholder using @all@.

Also tried to add a button to open the QM GUID that I could maybe press to open it the first time each run. But this also didn't work. So looks like if I want to use it I'll have to let the system open it the first. After this initial open, everything works like it should (like the video, avs, ml, playlist).

But not too worried that much since I only wanted to add a tab for the QM and maybe make it viewable in the drawer too (cpro). Just commented the code out so will easy to re implement if it is fixable. The user will just not be able to open the QM with a click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
did i mention i hate modern skins? if not then please note this for the future
Hehe

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
online services, queue manager